Page 84 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788941341845841084 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    yeah dude and only the guilty take the 5th right??

would he ever have got to be on vinces payroll if he hadn't done all that crazy **** though?? would he even have had the success he had in ECW w/o being the hardcore legend??

he didn't/doesn't need to he was/is still getting paid.
    I didn't say only guilty people settle... I said in the court of public opinion they look guilty. From a PR standpoint, it's better to flat out win a case and have the court vindicate you than it is to settle and pay off the alleged victim. Vince has the win here... he doesn't need to do a thing. The courts are doing it for him.

As far as Foley goes, there's no doubt that being hardcore helped his career. He took risks, and for him it paid off. But he's also arguably one of the best sports entertainers in the business due to his mic skills and humor. He's a guy that can be a draw without being hardcore, which is key. Bumps helped him get over, but he doesn't need to take bumps to keep himself over.

If every guy who wrestled that sort of style ended up a millionare because of it, then that's fine. You can clearly say it's worth it. Or even if you don't become a millionaire, it's your body and if you want to do that to yourself then I suppose that's fine too... as long as you're adult enough to accept the consequences and not expend someone else to pay the bill for your decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I didn't say only guilty people settle... I said in the court of public opinion they look guilty. From a PR standpoint, it's better to flat out win a case and have the court vindicate you than it is to settle and pay off the alleged victim. Vince has the win here... he doesn't need to do a thing. The courts are doing it for him.
    i don't think you qualify to be the judge of public opinion court, not everybody sees things the same way.

As far as Foley goes, there's no doubt that being hardcore helped his career. He took risks, and for him it paid off. But he's also arguably one of the best sports entertainers in the business due to his mic skills and humor. He's a guy that can be a draw without being hardcore, which is key. Bumps helped him get over, but he doesn't need to take bumps to keep himself over.
    i mostly agree but was he ever??

If every guy who wrestled that sort of style ended up a millionare because of it, then that's fine. You can clearly say it's worth it. Or even if you don't become a millionaire, it's your body and if you want to do that to yourself then I suppose that's fine too... as long as you're adult enough to accept the consequences and not expend someone else to pay the bill for your decisions.
    agreed, but it's also pretty shitty to make huge profits off of those decisions while they suffer. notice i said "shitty" not illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i don't think you qualify to be the judge of public opinion court, not everybody sees things the same way.

i mostly agree but was he ever??

agreed, but it's also pretty shitty to make huge profits off of those decisions while they suffer. notice i said "shitty" not illegal.
    I'd turn around and say it's pretty shitty for them to try and get Vince to pay for their own stupid decisions. If they weren't willing to suffer for their actions, then maybe they shouldn't have decided to jump through wooden tables and get hit by bard wire bats on a nightly basis.

What Vince is doing may or may not be considered nice, but it's fair. I can't say the same thing about a fraudulent lawsuit.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'd turn around and say it's pretty shitty for them to try and get Vince to pay for their own stupid decisions. If they weren't willing to suffer for their actions, then maybe they shouldn't have decided to jump through wooden tables and get hit by bard wire bats on a nightly basis.

What Vince is doing may or may not be considered nice, but it's fair. I can't say the same thing about a fraudulent lawsuit.

Here is the thing though Raven and a few others worked for Vince. Nowisnki himself suffered a career ending concussion working for Vince. Now sure some didn't work for him or suffer the abuse they took then....but now Vince is profiting off that by using it for WWE Network. Its like a weird situation where a lot of these guys aren't making a dime and yet they are being used on his streaming service to sell that to folks.

Sure its not illegal what Vince is doing , but honestly the worst damn thing he could do was give these guys Legends contracts , let them make some money and do appearances when need be etc. Nothing ground breaking huge , enough to go...here is you some money and were gonna take care of your medical bills.

As far as Foley goes , if he didn't have $18 million dollars I can say for a fact he'd be approaching this like a number of folks are and needing the help. He'd be told like your telling how those guys chose that so **** em. lol
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Raven in particular appeared in an episode of Table For 3 with Foley and RVD. It's kinda funny he'll agree to do a WWE program when he apart of an active lawsuit against them at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Here is the thing though Raven and a few others worked for Vince. Nowisnki himself suffered a career ending concussion working for Vince. Now sure some didn't work for him or suffer the abuse they took then....but now Vince is profiting off that by using it for WWE Network. Its like a weird situation where a lot of these guys aren't making a dime and yet they are being used on his streaming service to sell that to folks.

Sure its not illegal what Vince is doing , but honestly the worst damn thing he could do was give these guys Legends contracts , let them make some money and do appearances when need be etc. Nothing ground breaking huge , enough to go...here is you some money and were gonna take care of your medical bills.

As far as Foley goes , if he didn't have $18 million dollars I can say for a fact he'd be approaching this like a number of folks are and needing the help. He'd be told like your telling how those guys chose that so **** em. lol
    How can you say for a fact that Foley would be filling a suit against Vince? There are plenty of wrestlers who aren't wasting their time filing a fraudulent lawsuit that is almost guaranteed to get tossed out. Did he tell you at some point that he would have filed a fraudulent lawsuit against Vince if he wasn't going to make millions? If he didn't, then you really can't say for a fact it's something he would do.

As far as legends contracts go... sure he can give those out. But is he going to give one out to every single living wrestlers who appears on the WWE network? Of course not. Asking him to pay enough money to cover the medical bills of that many wrestler purely out of the kindness of his heart is simply unrealistic. It's really on feasible for the wrestlers who have generate some sort of return investment (ie sell merchandise).

BANNED

WOS' "buzzer battle" match type was interesting...starts off one-on-one, then becomes a tag team, then becomes a six-man tag team, then becomes an eight man battle royale when enough eliminations occur.

Moose also guest starred.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Raven in particular appeared in an episode of Table For 3 with Foley and RVD. It's kinda funny he'll agree to do a WWE program when he apart of an active lawsuit against them at the time.
    Raven has a very weird relationship with WWE to be honest. He's worked off and on for the company but his relationship at times has been weird. Like he was signed in 1999 and he says Shane was high on him (the 2 men were close before he left). Anyhow Vince wasn't and asked someone , how is Johnny Polo here ? He hadn't seen Raven's work at all and it surprised Raven he hadn't been shown that. So Vince had him placed on Heat . Then him and Shane did Sunday Night Heat , Raven started to get praise for writing and commentary on it . Vince told him to write a storyline and did nothing (the famous 7 storyline). But the entire way it was a weird situation where some supported Raven backstage and some didn't.

But yeah him doing Table for 3 continues that weird situation with the company. Raven has came out and said aspects of wrestling is missing now. He praised the athletic guys and how great they are in ring now. But stories are gone ...the stories that hook folks have disappeared for a long time. That element is missing for WWE.

How can you say for a fact that Foley would be filling a suit against Vince? There are plenty of wrestlers who aren't wasting their time filing a fraudulent lawsuit that is almost guaranteed to get tossed out. Did he tell you at some point that he would have filed a fraudulent lawsuit against Vince if he wasn't going to make millions? If he didn't, then you really can't say for a fact it's something he would do.
    Because Foley himself has had surgeries to repair his body and he'd be at an age and time where he'd need money to support himself and family. We have to remember he literally brought up how WCW and Bischoff refused to pay him over $140,000 a year and he decided enough was enough so he walked away. 1 because of the money and 2 because of lack of push he felt he deserved. (Course after a few months Foley wondered if he had fucked up doing that as he worked indies and waited for his chance)

If he did sign with WWF and didn't make the $18+ million people are claiming he's worth ...well what does a banged up needing surgeries 40-50 year old man who can barely walk do ? He'd be filing like those guys to try and make a living of some kind. Its just being honest , and I wouldn't fault him like I wouldn't fault a number of guys who have worked and paid the price.

As far as legends contracts go... sure he can give those out. But is he going to give one out to every single living wrestlers who appears on the WWE network? Of course not. Asking him to pay enough money to cover the medical bills of that many wrestler purely out of the kindness of his heart is simply unrealistic. It's really on feasible for the wrestlers who have generate some sort of return investment (ie sell merchandise).
    Its not infeasible now. I mean he's sinking $32+ million in 2 years into NXT. He's signing half the free world to contracts and just signed a $1 billion dollar contract to air Smackdown on Fox. Never mind his other TV deals and more. The company has the money. In the TV industry actors are paid royalties towards shows that keep airing in syndication. Those actors can continue to earn some ok money long after a show is outta business.

Vince can go to that model and pay a lot of the former workers and families a nice wage , nothing huge ground breaking. But he can start with those before another suit case. He also can say that he'll line up doctors to check in on former workers and ones the WWE will have a hand in. (Except not the WWE doctor who treated CM Punk , no one would wanna see that guy im sure).

Vince will get to use the select ones he can sell merch of and WWE Network to advertise. The ones he can get personal appearances out of will be good as well.

But it can be done , its not something unfeasible that can't be. You go through these guys first and knock this lawyer outta the park.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Raven has a very weird relationship with WWE to be honest. He's worked off and on for the company but his relationship at times has been weird. Like he was signed in 1999 and he says Shane was high on him (the 2 men were close before he left). Anyhow Vince wasn't and asked someone , how is Johnny Polo here ? He hadn't seen Raven's work at all and it surprised Raven he hadn't been shown that. So Vince had him placed on Heat . Then him and Shane did Sunday Night Heat , Raven started to get praise for writing and commentary on it . Vince told him to write a storyline and did nothing (the famous 7 storyline). But the entire way it was a weird situation where some supported Raven backstage and some didn't.

But yeah him doing Table for 3 continues that weird situation with the company. Raven has came out and said aspects of wrestling is missing now. He praised the athletic guys and how great they are in ring now. But stories are gone ...the stories that hook folks have disappeared for a long time. That element is missing for WWE.

Because Foley himself has had surgeries to repair his body and he'd be at an age and time where he'd need money to support himself and family. We have to remember he literally brought up how WCW and Bischoff refused to pay him over $140,000 a year and he decided enough was enough so he walked away. 1 because of the money and 2 because of lack of push he felt he deserved. (Course after a few months Foley wondered if he had fucked up doing that as he worked indies and waited for his chance)

If he did sign with WWF and didn't make the $18+ million people are claiming he's worth ...well what does a banged up needing surgeries 40-50 year old man who can barely walk do ? He'd be filing like those guys to try and make a living of some kind. Its just being honest , and I wouldn't fault him like I wouldn't fault a number of guys who have worked and paid the price.

Its not infeasible now. I mean he's sinking $32+ million in 2 years into NXT. He's signing half the free world to contracts and just signed a $1 billion dollar contract to air Smackdown on Fox. Never mind his other TV deals and more. The company has the money. In the TV industry actors are paid royalties towards shows that keep airing in syndication. Those actors can continue to earn some ok money long after a show is outta business.

Vince can go to that model and pay a lot of the former workers and families a nice wage , nothing huge ground breaking. But he can start with those before another suit case. He also can say that he'll line up doctors to check in on former workers and ones the WWE will have a hand in. (Except not the WWE doctor who treated CM Punk , no one would wanna see that guy im sure).

Vince will get to use the select ones he can sell merch of and WWE Network to advertise. The ones he can get personal appearances out of will be good as well.

But it can be done , its not something unfeasible that can't be. You go through these guys first and knock this lawyer outta the park.
    Again, there are plenty of wrestlers who aren't taking part in the fradulemt lawsuit, so there's no gurantee that Foley would. It's a fraudulent lawsuit that keeps getting tossed out, so how much money have the guys suing really making here? Pretty much nothing. It probably costs them more to sue than they are making out of this, so it's not like this venture is proving particularly profitable.

And Vince doesn't need to worry about knocking this lawyer out because the courts are already doing that for him. That's the point here ... Vince doesn't have to do anything because he's won every single round of this issue.

Again, there are plenty of wrestlers who aren't taking part in the fradulemt lawsuit, so there's no gurantee that Foley would. It's a fraudulent lawsuit that keeps getting tossed out, so how much money have the guys suing really making here? Pretty much nothing. It probably costs them more to sue than they are making out of this, so it's not like this venture is proving particularly profitable.

And Vince doesn't need to worry about knocking this lawyer out because the courts are already doing that for him. That's the point here ... Vince doesn't have to do anything because he's won every single round of this issue.

What this lawyer is hoping for and I'm sure the others are as it keeps getting filed , is that mainstream news networks pick it up eventually. That is what they are seemingly pushing for and it will keep rolling along.

Also we really have no idea how much its costing them as a group to file this suit case repeatedly. It must not be much as it keeps getting filed.

What this lawyer is hoping for and I'm sure the others are as it keeps getting filed , is that mainstream news networks pick it up eventually. That is what they are seemingly pushing for and it will keep rolling along.

Also we really have no idea how much its costing them as a group to file this suit case repeatedly. It must not be much as it keeps getting filed.
    Mainstream likely won't make a big deal out of thos, because a 2 but lawyer filing the same fraudulent lawsuit a million times on a row only to get tossed out again and again isn't all that interesting.

What little coverage this story does get only supports the wwe. At this point the lawyer and the people arguably look worse than Vince does. Its just a big waste of everyones time.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

https://www.twitch.tv/rvtentertainment

a day late due to tornado but we live!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This lawsuit has been going for years and it didn't pick up any traction in the mainstream. A few of the cilents listed in the suit have appeared in WWE programming while it was active like Raven and Paul Orndorff. Latter is a hall of famer so I don't think he'll have any trouble getting help from the WWE if he truly needs it. I would think those appearances greatly hurt their case.

The only media attention I have seen is from the NY post....who is already known to regularly publish article bashing wwe

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    the very first NJPW on axs tv with ranallo Barnett January 4 2013 from the Tokyo dome 29000 in the dome
    okada challenged tanahashi for IWGP heavyweight championship
    ROH wrestling on komo 4 seattle
    Kenny king vs hangman page jeff cobb doesn't care these top prospects because HE IS THE TOP PROSPECT
    and the television main event the last real man silas young and bully ray (only 270 lbs) take on jonathan Gresham and ROH world champion jay lethal
    a very rare dropkick from bully ray
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-23-2018 at 12:26 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player