Page 83 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687931331835831083 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That's not going to work as well with WWE. You want Vince to pay Raven for injures he likely sustained during his time in ECW which he isn't responsible for. Wrestling reputation within the mainstream is terrible to begin with so media crucifying him won't mean **** to Vince. You know how terrible it got it with the Benoit murder/suicide coverage.
    It actually bugs me a little when I see ECW guys names on those lawsuits. Those guys did it to themselves in the name of being hardcore. Heck, Vince would probably be the first guy to have told thrm to tone it down.

But if you're dumb enough to do that to yourself for no money, don't after the fact go and try to hit up on Vince for paying your bills.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    gulak/alexander.

fucking brilliant.
    Except the outcome.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Except the outcome.
    why do you say that?

32:30 205LIVE I understand about the crowd thanks JD
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-20-2018 at 08:20 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Therrs nothing wrong with a news cycle that essentially exonnerates Vince of sny erong doing, because that's exactly whats hapoeninh here. And thats exactly whats happened every other tune thus fraudulent case has popped up. Again, no need for Vince to settle and pay people off because rhe courts time and time again have already ckeared him.

As far as Vince not paying medical bills of previous employees ... there's bothing new here. Wrestlers go into the job knowing they are independent contractors. If you want a job that offered more comprehensive medical coverage do something else for a living.
    LOLOL

It actually bugs me a little when I see ECW guys names on those lawsuits. Those guys did it to themselves in the name of being hardcore. Heck, Vince would probably be the first guy to have told thrm to tone it down.

But if you're dumb enough to do that to yourself for no money, don't after the fact go and try to hit up on Vince for paying your bills.
    i'd pretty much agree with this if vince condemned the hardcore style, but as we know he helped finance it, has made huge profits in the past and maybe most importantly is still profiting from ECW.

Astonishing Member

the very first NJPW on axs tv with ranallo Barnett January 4 2013 from the Tokyo dome 29000 in the dome
    okada challenged tanahashi for IWGP heavyweight championship
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-21-2018 at 02:11 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    LOLOL

i'd pretty much agree with this if vince condemned the hardcore style, but as we know he helped finance it, has made huge profits in the past and maybe most importantly is still profiting from ECW.
    But its ok if Vince does it since he's WWE and well.....ok its not. And being honest he could do this and come out looking like a great man.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    But its ok if Vince does it since he's WWE and well.....ok its not. And being honest he could do this and come out looking like a great man.
    He come off looking like a fool. He settles on a fraudulent case that will open the door to more fraudulent cases to be made against him.

Wrestlers doing hardcore stuff for wwe is different than doing it for ece. Firstly because it's not done every night, and secondly because you're at least properly compensated for it. They get freaking paid.

Foley and Hardy took huge bumps, but they were able to do it selectively and they ended up becoming wealthy because of it. Most of the ecw guys did it nightly and have very very little to show for it. Of course it's their bodies to that's their call... all I'm saying is they shouldn't expect someone else to pay for the unecessarily stupid risks they took in the name of being hardcore.

And you don't look great settling a case you are going to win. You look like a guilty fool who will open himself up to more lawsuits.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Curious that you'd use Foley, since he spent a decade not getting paid for putting his body on the line.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Foley is a good example to use because Foley was well aware of the kind of punishment he was putting himself through and knew it would bite him in the ass. He did it as it was the only way for him to stand out. You don't see him trying to file fraudulent suits for the things he willing put himself through.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Curious that you'd use Foley, since he spent a decade not getting paid for putting his body on the line.
    He works fine, because he's not trying to sue Vince for stuff that he did both while he was and wasn't under Vinces pay roll.

I am making a bit of a double standard here, but in Foleys case I think it's well deserved. He's a guy that is worth like 18 million dollars right now. So yeah... in his case he took calculated risks with his body and they clearly paid off. He's a millionaire that's not going around filing fraudulent lawsuits for his own decisions.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

If Foley wasn't worth $18 million he'd be suing as well for health care and more. Again I could see you guys going , "**** Foley for filing along with others...he lost his ear not on Vince's dime and it was his decision on Hell in a Cell !"
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

If Foley wasn't worth $18 million he'd be suing as well for health care and more. Again I could see you guys going , "**** Foley for filing along with others...he lost his ear not on Vince's dime and it was his decision on Hell in a Cell !"
    You don't know for a fact Foley would be suing Vince or not. There are plenty of wrestlers who don't feel the need to waste their time filing fraudulent lawsuits which almost certainly guaranteed to just get tossed out.

Foley has fallen out with Vince multiple times and he never sued him during those times.

And you don't look great settling a case you are going to win. You look like a guilty fool who will open himself up to more lawsuits.
    yeah dude and only the guilty take the 5th right??

He works fine, because he's not trying to sue Vince for stuff that he did both while he was and wasn't under Vinces pay roll.

I am making a bit of a double standard here, but in Foleys case I think it's well deserved. He's a guy that is worth like 18 million dollars right now. So yeah... in his case he took calculated risks with his body and they clearly paid off. He's a millionaire that's not going around filing fraudulent lawsuits for his own decisions.
    would he ever have got to be on vinces payroll if he hadn't done all that crazy **** though?? would he even have had the success he had in ECW w/o being the hardcore legend??

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Foley has fallen out with Vince multiple times and he never sued him during those times.
    he didn't/doesn't need to he was/is still getting paid.