Page 202 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1021521921981992002012022032042052062122523027021202 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 19298
    Ultimate Member

She basically dismissed it and was whining about her hand, and then she also brushed aside injuring Alexa because it "wasn't serious." That's a bad attitude.

Again I'm not fond of the idea of REWARDING people for injuring their co-workers, especially when they have a long track record of it yet the company REFUSES to do anything about it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Wrestlers don't make a big deal about injures. They know what they do is inherently dangerous and generally don't hold it against each other if something goes wrong. It's the nature of their business.

Rewarding poeple for injury is a WWE staple. I remember ten years ago when Mysterio injured the Undertaker in a match and they gave him the world title a few weeks later.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

She's being a heel by whining about how her fist was. Becky probably told Nia herself to play it up on social media. Don't feel bad that you got worked.

As far as the whole "rewarding" thing, pro wrestling does this **** ALL THE TIME. Owen got a shirt out of breaking Austin's neck when he could've ended the career of the guy that basically saved the company from closing. The freaking Steiners used to hurt dudes night in and night out and they were one of the most pushed teams in both WCW and the WWF. Bottom line is that the WWE(and pro wrestling in general) has a history of doing things like this so getting upset online about it is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She basically dismissed it and was whining about her hand, and then she also brushed aside injuring Alexa because it "wasn't serious." That's a bad attitude.

Again I'm not fond of the idea of REWARDING people for injuring their co-workers, especially when they have a long track record of it yet the company REFUSES to do anything about it.
    She's a heel. Thats what shes supposed to do. Beckys not exactly acting like a saint on social media either, but that doesn't mean we necessarily should hold that against her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    She's being a heel by whining about how her fist was. Becky probably told Nia herself to play it up on social media. Don't feel bad that you got worked.

As far as the whole "rewarding" thing, pro wrestling does this **** ALL THE TIME. Owen got a shirt out of breaking Austin's neck when he could've ended the career of the guy that basically saved the company from closing. The freaking Steiners used to hurt dudes night in and night out and they were one of the most pushed teams in both WCW and the WWF. Bottom line is that the WWE(and pro wrestling in general) has a history of doing things like this so getting upset online about it is stupid.
    I remember when Yoshitatsu broke his neck on a botched Styles Clash, AJ wore a shirt that said "breaking necks, cashing checks" for his couple of appearances and New Japan never dropped him from the main-event. Nature of the business

Ultimate Member

Ronda completely no-selling the beating from Charlotte not 24 hours before really bugged me. Not only does she not seem upset at all about it, but she didn't sell the pain at all during her match either. WWE does this a lot and it annoys me so much.

No Selling helped Ronda as she did it as a show of force. She can't show just how beaten up she is even though it's obvious by just looking at her.

Ultimate Member

No, it just makes the whole beating feel pointless.

It wasn't pointless as it never swept under the rug. Announcers wouldn't shut up about it, she demanded to defend her title because she was beat to ****.

No, it just makes the whole beating feel pointless.
    Honestly the point of the beat down was probably more for Charlotte than Ronda. I think we'll get a better idea of the ramifications for that on Smackdown.

That said the show clearly played off on Ronda getting beat down. And there's likely more to Ronda and Charlotte down the line. Unlike the rest of SS this didn't seem like a one off.

So apparently NXT Japan will be happening sometime next year

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So apparently NXT Japan will be happening sometime next year
    Assuming it works like nxt UK and they develop some sort of working relationship with a local promotion, it'll be interesting to see who they end up working with.

It would be kinda cool if we ended up with an nxt uk, japan, and mexico.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Having Lars and Braun on the same show is dumb. They are working the same gimmick.
    Exactly. Smackdown doesn't have a monster. Joe comes closes, but he isn't freakishly big.

Extraordinary Member

Ronda completely no-selling the beating from Charlotte not 24 hours before really bugged me. Not only does she not seem upset at all about it, but she didn't sell the pain at all during her match either. WWE does this a lot and it annoys me so much.
    Doesn't really make sense to sell for a crowd that's booing you after you get your ass beat.

Astonishing Member

We don't know what they are doing to her behind the scenes, she could be re-training and stuff in her off days.