Page 120 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 20701101161171181191201211221231241301702206201120 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 19298

Did anybody here watch wrestling during the Capitol/WWWF yrs?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac
    It's unfortunately the problem a lot of faces deal with. Because like 99% of the top faces were at one point or another heels, you can only complain so much about heels acting like heels without looking a bit hypocritical. There are only so many Ricky Steamboats out there.
    Yup! The day of the white meat babyface is gone.

BANNED

NXT UK wasn't half bad. Loved Darr getting an "Imperial March" chant

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's unfortunately the problem a lot of faces deal with. Because like 99% of the top faces were at one point or another heels, you can only complain so much about heels acting like heels without looking a bit hypocritical. There are only so many Ricky Steamboats out there.
    This is a case of WWE being selective with their continuity. They never shy away from when Seth betrayed shield when he tried to reconnect with Dean and Roman. Charlotte and Becky were best friends during Charlotte's heel run and treated her like ****. It would make for a stronger angle to acknowledge it but they won't because Charlotte a paragon of good.

Apparently, Jericho is done with WWE unless he can get a Bork Laser deal. He's making more in New Japan and indies than he did the last 11 years at WWE. Add in his most recent rock album success, he sounds very happy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Apparently, Jericho is done with WWE unless he can get a Bork Laser deal. He's making more in New Japan and indies than he did the last 11 years at WWE. Add in his most recent rock album success, he sounds very happy.
    That's not entirely surprising. He seemed to just show up in the WWE when he felt like it for fun.

That said, when he's finally ready to retire for good, I do think he will want to do it in the WWE.

That's not entirely surprising. He seemed to just show up in the WWE when he felt like it for fun.

That said, when he's finally ready to retire for good, I do think he will want to do it in the WWE.
    Maybe? This Crown Jewel thing is pissing a lot of people off. Time will tell.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    They are not going to make the people of Saudi Arabia sit through 3 Miz Matches.

It will likely be Orton vs. Cena (Angle as a sleeper) for the 234242342342423 time.
    i'd prefer that over anything with hhh vs another part timer. orton vs cena is WWE version of tanahashi vs nakamura. eternal rivals.

Becky was over, but I wouldn't say she was the most over woman in the Smackdown lockeroom like she is now.

I think similar to the Rock, a heel turn on the main roster might have been a necessary part of the evolution to the character to get her to another level.
    i would. who the fuk was more over than becky leading up to her title match??

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Did anybody here watch wrestling during the Capitol/WWWF yrs?

Yup! The day of the white meat babyface is gone.
    if you dropped off prime ricky steamboat giftwrapped at WWE's front door they'd either have him do the job and then put roman over on the mic post match, or turn him heel and feed him to roman.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    sweet deal for the prince of assclowns. it's always nice to hear people can still make it outside the WWE.

i'm really enjoying what they're doing with bobby lashley on RAW right now. elias is still great entertainment each week but i think we'll soon be at the point where they NEED to do something more meaningful with him.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 10-18-2018 at 01:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    i appreciate the assistance

the new beginning in Osaka 2018 continues on axs tv
    sanada challenges okada for the IWGP world heavyweight championship
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-18-2018 at 02:25 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i'd prefer that over anything with hhh vs another part timer. orton vs cena is WWE version of tanahashi vs nakamura. eternal rivals.

i would. who the fuk was more over than becky leading up to her title match??

if you dropped off prime ricky steamboat giftwrapped at WWE's front door they'd either have him do the job and then put roman over on the mic post match, or turn him heel and feed him to roman.

sweet deal for the prince of assclowns. it's always nice to hear people can still make it outside the WWE.

i'm really enjoying what they're doing with bobby lashley on RAW right now. elias is still great entertainment each week but i think we'll soon be at the point where they NEED to do something more meaningful with him.
    Prior to Beckys push towards the world title, I would have thought Charlotte, Becky, and Asuka were about even. Becky might edge out either, but I thought it was pretty close. But I think a sort of Daniel Bryan effect occured where people got behind Becky more after her turn because they thought it was going against the booking. It's similar to Cena and Roman only going in the opposite direction... and that added something to Becky she didn't have before. She was always well liked and could get a reaction, but in addition to the heat she got anyways there's that added layer of rebellion against the booking.

There's a meta layer now to Beckys heat that only certain wrestlers like Bryan, Cena, and Roman have. Becky is no longer just a wrestler fans are cheering for.... she's a cruasade they are championing. Which is why WWE needs to run with this, at least for awhile.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-18-2018 at 06:59 AM.

BANNED

There's a meta layer now to Beckys heat that only certain wrestlers like Bryan, Cena, and Roman have. Becky is no longer just a wrestler fans are cheering for.... she's a cruasade they are championing. Which is why WWE needs to run with this, at least for awhile.
    It's a traditional heel angle being played to a contrarian audience who think the experience should be like watching NXT.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

I think it's more that Charlotte had no business in that triple threat match for the title and people are sick of Charlotte either being champ for a year or only dropping it for a weekend and getting it back for another year. I'm still pissed about the whole Sasha/Charlotte hot potato mess because WWE didn't have the balls to keep the title off Charlotte for more than a week, while the crowd was putting Sasha over.

Charlotte is becoming the Reigns or Lesnar of the female edition for me. I just want Becky to put her away and move on to Asuka or whoever and send Chatlotte back to the end of the line but I doubt WWE has the balls to not let Charlotte win at their premier All Female PPV because of her last name.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    I think it's more that Charlotte had no business in that triple threat match for the title and people are sick of Charlotte either being champ for a year or only dropping it for a weekend and getting it back for another year.
    That's true, but I'm going on about goons like JD who insist WWE are doing a "unique" angle with "Stone Cold Becky Lynch" when the truth fans are only conjuring up this angle to amuse themselves rather than put up with the same generic storytelling they've seen thousands of times, with someone that they are openly scunnered with and someone they have every right to rally behind.

Of course it's about her last name. WWE wants Charlotte to win the title, lose it for a little while and then win it again, so that she can close in on her father's record of 16 title runs.