Page 17 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127671175171017 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Sure it's on Braun. Plenty of wrestlers can stay over and stay over without the world title. Cut good promos and deliver good matches that fans are emotionally invested in, and you can be over with or without the belt.

Putting a belt around Miz or Daniel Bryan or KO or John Cena somehow makes them good sports entertainers? No, they're just good, title or no title.
    Braun's booking is not on him. His feud with Kevin Owens is doing nothing for them. **** booking will kill anyone no matter how over they are. It killed Bayley, it killed Bray. It will eventually kill Braun unless they do something that will lead somewhere.

Ultimate Member

It killed Zack Ryder as well. Also if you're going to "protect" someone so much that it ends up making other performers look weak in the process, then there HAS to be a real payoff for it at some point. It has to feel like it's LEADING SOMEWHERE of note. Otherwise fans feel like you're just wasting their time and money.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Braun is ready now! Waiting for a Rumble or WrestleMania is boneheaded as you risk your audience not giving a crap. That's what currently fucked over Reigns in his Lesnar feud. Braun already won a Rumble, he got the MitB, he's the most over guy in the roster. There's no reason for him not be given the belt on some b PPV if you need Lesnar to drop the belt.
    Also he has the freaking MITB briefcase. Yeah a couple of people have failed with their cash-in's, but no one's ever lost the briefcase itself in a match. Also you've set it up for Braun to take advantage of the Brock/Roman stuff to make his move.

Why would you tease people with that set-up, just to take it away for no good reason and then expect them to go "well MAYBE they give it to him later." WWE hasn't earned that level of trust from many people. It'd just be incredibly foolish. And for what, another KO title reign. Look I really like KO, but they haven't booked him to look impressive in a long time now.

Braun's booking is not on him. His feud with Kevin Owens is doing nothing for them. **** booking will kill anyone no matter how over they are. It killed Bayley, it killed Bray. It will eventually kill Braun unless they do something that will lead somewhere.
    The same guys whio are booking him now will be booking him as champion. Being champ won't necessarily change that. If anything I think bring champ will increase the odds of exposing his short comings so I don't think it will necessarily do him any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also he has the freaking MITB briefcase. Yeah a couple of people have failed with their cash-in's, but no one's ever lost the briefcase itself in a match. Also you've set it up for Braun to take advantage of the Brock/Roman stuff to make his move.

Why would you tease people with that set-up, just to take it away for no good reason and then expect them to go "well MAYBE they give it to him later." WWE hasn't earned that level of trust from many people. It'd just be incredibly foolish. And for what, another KO title reign. Look I really like KO, but they haven't booked him to look impressive in a long time now.
    Kennedy lost his briefcase to Edge in a match.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

correction. it has happened. mr. kennedy dropped his MITB case to edge in a match.

edit: ninja'd

Yeah a couple of people have failed with their cash-in's, but no one's ever lost the briefcase itself in a match.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

LOL @ 3 ninjas due to forum issues.

Apparently the forum diety wants us to adhere to the "KENNEDY! KENNEDY! KENNEDY!" 3 times gimmick.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I feel for Kennedy , his superstar status was RIGHT there ...twice. And each time injuries fucked him twice. And the last time he found out his injury wasn't as bad as he learned earlier. And could have been back sooner. We sadly got Hornswaggle as Mr. McMahon's son awhile (ugh).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

The same guys whio are booking him now will be booking him as champion. Being champ won't necessarily change that. If anything I think bring champ will increase the odds of exposing his short comings so I don't think it will necessarily do him any favors.
    Fans know what his shortcomings are and they still like him. I don't expect the guy to pull an Odaka level match but he can put on something that's fun to watch. It's booking job to cover up his weaknesses. If they can't then they are not doing their jobs right.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I feel for Kennedy , his superstar status was RIGHT there ...twice. And each time injuries fucked him twice. And the last time he found out his injury wasn't as bad as he learned earlier. And could have been back sooner. We sadly got Hornswaggle as Mr. McMahon's son awhile (ugh).
    Injures didn't sidelined from being Vince's illegitimate son. A wellness suspension did.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Injures didn't sidelined from being Vince's illegitimate son. A wellness suspension did.
    Your right .....and in a way ...the whole thing itself was the WWE's fault there too. As Kennedy explained in the shoot.

"You guys said if we get a doctor to prescribe things we were covered. I got that for low testerone at the time."

Kennedy realized the company was facing major heat from congress and the media so he had to pay the price for it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Fans know what his shortcomings are and they still like him. I don't expect the guy to pull an Odaka level match but he can put on something that's fun to watch. It's booking job to cover up his weaknesses. If they can't then they are not doing their jobs right.
    Fans may know Braun's short comings, but they don't have to deal with them because WWE does a good job of hiding them so we don't need to sit through it. 2 or 3 Braun Strauss main events on a PPV may change that. Sit through enough 30-minute Braun matches and those short comings may start to be more of an issue.

It's not like fans didn't initially like Cena and Roman (who even at their worst were better than Braun is now) but a certain portion of the fan base turned on them. I'll bet money the same thing will happen to Braun, where people will complain (justifiably ) about his in work in comparison to whiner new indy darling wwe brings up who could wrestle circles around Braun.

Fans may know Braun's short comings, but they don't have to deal with them because WWE does a good job of hiding them so we don't need to sit through it. 2 or 3 Braun Strauss main events on a PPV may change that. Sit through enough 30-minute Braun matches and those short comings may start to be more of an issue.

It's not like fans didn't initially like Cena and Roman (who even at their worst were better than Braun is now) but a certain portion of the fan base turned on them. I'll bet money the same thing will happen to Braun, where people will complain (justifiably ) about his in work in comparison to whiner new indy darling wwe brings up who could wrestle circles around Braun.
    WWE isn't New Japan. Not every main-event title match needs to go 30 minutes. Going that long doesn't guarantee a good match.