Page 180 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 801301701761771781791801811821831841902302806801180 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 19298

Is it just me, or does it seem like Survivor Series has been turned into Major League Baseball's All-Star Game? Build up a fake rivalry for a few weeks that's completely forgotten about a week after the event as the competitors go back to their respective feuds on their own brands. Maybe I just remember when Survivor Series mattered.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Most fans don't like it when the belt is hot potatoed. It devalues the title if it can be won so easily. It's what annoyed me about Charlotte feud with Sasha.
    The problem was a mix of not letting Sasha keep the title and WWE's refusal to let Charlotte lose at a PPV.

If they had just let Sasha be champ and STAY champ, it woulda wirked out better. The hot potato because Vince just had to keep the belt on Charlotte no matter what was what got me sour on her. It's why I'm glad Becky actually beat her and defended her title at Evolution instead of another hot potato.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    If they had just let Sasha be champ and STAY champ, it woulda wirked out better. The hot potato because Vince just had to keep the belt on Charlotte no matter what was what got me sour on her. It's why I'm glad Becky actually beat her and defended her title at Evolution instead of another hot potato.
    And we are all totally expecting them to hot potato the belt back to Charlotte if it turns out Becky is out a long period of time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Is it just me, or does it seem like Survivor Series has been turned into Major League Baseball's All-Star Game? Build up a fake rivalry for a few weeks that's completely forgotten about a week after the event as the competitors go back to their respective feuds on their own brands. Maybe I just remember when Survivor Series mattered.
    Yes it's definitely in danger of losing it's status of the "Big 4" PPVs because it's clear they don't really care about it. They treat it as kind of a nuisance if anything.

Authority vs. Cena's team was the last time I remember myself being invested in a SS match.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Survivor Series has deteriorated to crap since turning it into a brand war show. It puts ongoing feuds on hold, and we have to suffer from Steph appearing on TV. There's no logical reason for any of the talent to give a **** about which show is better.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Survivor Series has deteriorated to crap since turning it into a brand war show. It puts ongoing feuds on hold, and we have to suffer from Steph appearing on TV. There's no logical reason for any of the talent to give a **** about which show is better.
    Yeah Survivor Series has really lost that "oomph" it used to have. I really don't remember the last time that PPV was something huge to think about .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So Impact will continue on POP for a portion of Early 2019 but no new deal has been signed and Impact's ratings continue to fall

and now there is a new development

POP is bringing in AroLucha to the network.

It seems they are indeed kicking off Impact and replacing them

https://lordsofpain.net/update-on-im...medium=twitter

Exactly. Granted, we shouldn't expect much logic from WWE, but this goes beyond that to the point of wondering why Survivor Series even still exists.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

hate to be a nostalgia whore but this is still my favorite SS ever.

So apparently the plan for Bryan at Mania is Bryan vs Miz for the title....and if rumors are true, Miz will go over

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Would people have been less critical of Charlotte if she had an uber long title reign like Asuka rather than having multiple title reigns?

Maybe it's just me, but I actually think that's worse as far as holding down the rest of the lockeroom. Multiple reigns at least gives other people periods to shine.
    Agreed. But that wasn't the case with Charlotte.

Sasha never, EVER reigned with the title and kept trading wins (and the title) with Charlotte back then.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hate to be a nostalgia whore but this is still my favorite SS ever.

Same here.

I had this show on VHS and watched the heck out of it. Funny enough, if I remember correctly, none of Martel's team got eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's just common sense. If Becky wants Smackdown to win, the obvious choice is Charlotte (Asuka being the other option).

In this situation, it's not about creating opportunities. It's about winning.
    only thing is it doesn't make sense for becky to give charlotte of all people the chance to steal her spotlight again. or as a character to give a **** about SD winning, it was all about HER being THE MAN. she is a heel after all so logically you'd think she'd rather SD lose than have charlotte take her shine again but instead she not only hands her that chance again but hugs her for it.

then again becky turning heel never made sense in the 1st place so i guess flip flopping her at this point doesn't matter.

PWG best sale of the year is back if anybody is interested

http://prowrestlingguerrilla.com/merch/winter/

pretty crazy PWG is still making money with their business model. i'd think the wrestling DVD/blu ray market was all but dead but anyways if you still buy dvd or blu ray this is a pretty sweet deal.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 11-16-2018 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken
    Same here.

I had this show on VHS and watched the heck out of it. Funny enough, if I remember correctly, none of Martel's team got eliminated.
    I rented it from Blockbuster yrs ago. Liked the Grand Finale Survivor match. Nice twist on the concept!
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68