Page 224 of 240 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3598
  1. #3346
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This isn't avoiding another Becky Lynch. Her first "heel" promo had her blaming the fans too but being the most over wrestler in company they couldn't support that narrative. Becky would look silly if she blamed fans for her shortcomings while being treated like the company's biggest Babyface by them.

    There's no real in story justification for Dean and Bryan turns so they go for the generic uncreative "you people" excuse.
    huh?? dean had a shitload of justification.

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Granted Becky did the same thing the first time around, but her being against the fans was dropped fairly quickly once they realized she was MORE over as a heel to the fans.

    Bryan is different, because he's probably the most over face in the company. He likely couldn't get MORE heat than what he was getting... he could only get a different sort of heat. Plus, I think in his specific case he's likely bringing real life elements into his heel character. I don't know Bryan personally, but I can buy him being an enviromentalist who legitimately has issues with how people are treating the earth... so it's only natural for him to use those real life elements for his character.

    It works, and it's kinda funny.
    i like an angry hippy gimmick. CJ parker, spanky, and brianson should form an angry hippy stable.

  2. #3347
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    5,215

    Default

    I read a rumor about WWE bringing back King of the Ring as Queen of the Ring. If it replaces the MYC I'm up for it.

  3. #3348
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    893

    Default

    Some feuds should matter more than face/heel turns. I remember when I was young and Roddy had Captain Lou and Greg the Hammer on Piper's Pit, Roddy stood up and got in Greg's face but Lou made it all kosher only later did I learn about the dog collar match, but it made since as a child all heels get along.
    Some feuds however are bigger than face/heel turns. Bobby the Brain always insisted that Hogan wasn't what we were lead to believe he was. I being a Flair guy I always believed it too. Bobby took a real glee out of the Hollywood Hogan heel turn. He had the I always told you what he was but you wouldn't believe angle. I also don't ever recall Hollywood and Heenan ever being of the same mind. Why bring this up? The Miz and DB should never be friends. They might have a mutual interest but whether both are heel or face there should always be so friction between them. Just like Flair and Hogan or The Brain and Hogan, or Piper and Snuka. Some rivalries should always be just that. The Miz vs DB goes back so far it shouldn't be lessened by a temporary turn.

  4. #3349
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    5,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Some feuds should matter more than face/heel turns. I remember when I was young and Roddy had Captain Lou and Greg the Hammer on Piper's Pit, Roddy stood up and got in Greg's face but Lou made it all kosher only later did I learn about the dog collar match, but it made since as a child all heels get along.
    Some feuds however are bigger than face/heel turns. Bobby the Brain always insisted that Hogan wasn't what we were lead to believe he was. I being a Flair guy I always believed it too. Bobby took a real glee out of the Hollywood Hogan heel turn. He had the I always told you what he was but you wouldn't believe angle. I also don't ever recall Hollywood and Heenan ever being of the same mind. Why bring this up? The Miz and DB should never be friends. They might have a mutual interest but whether both are heel or face there should always be so friction between them. Just like Flair and Hogan or The Brain and Hogan, or Piper and Snuka. Some rivalries should always be just that. The Miz vs DB goes back so far it shouldn't be lessened by a temporary turn.
    It's an ongoing complaint I had with the WWE for years. They don't care enough about continuity to take personal histories into account. When Braun turn face they had him save Roman from a beat down and tag with him. Those two have no business being allies. They spend the majority of their feud topping each other on attempted murder. They shouldn't get along under the best of circumstances.

  5. #3350
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    7,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I read a rumor about WWE bringing back King of the Ring as Queen of the Ring. If it replaces the MYC I'm up for it.
    The rumor says it's being considered as main roster PPV for the women, not a MYC replacement.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  6. #3351
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Dean and Seth's feud needs to be slowed down. I want Dean to play the disappointed brother.

    I want Dean to really played betrayed and hurt by his brothers.

    At TLC, I want Dean to come to the point of just crippling Seth, and be stopped by Renee. Dean would just walk off crying.

    Seth would do his open challenges, but after each match Dean just destroys Seth's opponent. He refuses to fight his brother Seth at all.

    We get to match between Seth and Balor. Seth sees Dean about to attack Balor, and tries to stop him. Balor uses the distraction to become the new IC champ.

    We don't see Dean and Seth touch til Rumble.
    You have be the last guys and have them simultaneously win the Rumble.

    Mania becomes Brock vs Seth vs Dean.

  7. #3352
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The rumor says it's being considered as main roster PPV for the women, not a MYC replacement.
    It's a great replacement for Evolution which had a really poor build. You could have brackets/divisions for NXT, Smackdown, Raw, and even an Indy brackets for the Mar Young Winner.

  8. #3353
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah the way Dean is acting as a heel feels really forced and unnatural given his previous character. And WWE needs to stop with the whole "cowardly heel who hates on the fans" obsession. It works for SOME heels, like The Miz, or Ric Flair back in the day, etc. But it does not work for all of them, and it just gets boring after awhile on top of it all.
    As being the most over and fan connected wrestler in the company, I think you have to have some kind of fan backlash.

    But Dean doesn't work at all. He has to great foils to play with Seth and Renee. Betraying and hurting them is a he needs for real heat.

  9. #3354
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    9,626

    Default

    Larry the Ax Henning, father to Curt Henning and grandfather of Curtis Axel, has died. RIP and here's to the "perfect" reunion of father and son in the great beyond.

  10. #3355
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    7,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Larry the Ax Henning, father to Curt Henning and grandfather of Curtis Axel, has died. RIP and here's to the "perfect" reunion of father and son in the great beyond.
    Dynamite and Ax the same week?

    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

  11. #3356
    Amazing Member LibSuperstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner
    Dynamite and Ax the same week?

    Riiiight? Reminds me of when George Steele and Ivan Koloff passed in the same week.

    My site dedicated to WWE
    Just Bringing The Raw

  12. #3357
    Astonishing Member BigLbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    It's a great replacement for Evolution which had a really poor build. You could have brackets/divisions for NXT, Smackdown, Raw, and even an Indy brackets for the Mar Young Winner.
    you'd think that would make booking things much easier but remember who we're talking about here.

    raven appearance on impact this week was actually pretty awesome, though i'm not a big fan of the angle he was used in.

  13. #3358
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    time to send aj styles to wwe bullet club style on axs tv
    and the final match of shinsuke nakamura in NJPW as he teams with ishii and okada against tanahashi shibata and hirooki goto
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-07-2018 at 03:28 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017

  14. #3359
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    5,215

    Default

    Becky just murked Charlotte with this tweet
    https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/st...38710006185984

  15. #3360
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    seattle washington
    Posts
    3,222

    Default

    great match between mark Andrews and fabian aichner on the first match of nxt uk episode 13
    johnny saint johnny saint johnny saint johnny saint ripley bigger than sid scala LOL
    time for nina samuels to take awn ilsa dawn
    time for tucker to take on eddie dennis (put on some mass man LOL)
    and in the main event "the modfather" flash morgan webster (dressed to the nines) takes on Jordan devlin

    some nxt uk episode 14 before fallon tonight
    joseph conners takes on dan Maloney
    battle of hosses (ok 204 lbs vs 322 lbs LOL) as wild boar mike hitchman takes on bomber dave mastiff
    Tyson T-bone takes on ligero
    rhea ripley is a big one (boobs) and candy floss is a cutie(which wont help her case against rhea)
    gallus member(along with the coffey brothers) wolfgang tanks on kiwi buzzsaw travis banks
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-08-2018 at 02:30 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •