Page 36 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046861365361036 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Trying to turn Becky heel is stupid beyond belief. 1. She's been consistently over for pretty much her entire MR career. And 2. SHE'S RIGHT and people know it.

This was Vince's promo through and through, only he can be so clueless and tone deaf as to have her go out there and bash the fans when everyone and their grandma saw how completely they're behind her both at SS and tonight.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Trying to turn Becky heel is stupid beyond belief. 1. She's been consistently over for pretty much her entire MR career. And 2. SHE'S RIGHT and people know it.

This was Vince's promo through and through, only he can be so clueless and tone deaf as to have her go out there and bash the fans when everyone and their grandma saw how completely they're behind her both at SS and tonight.
    As a heel promo it was terrible. I find absolutely impossible to see her as the heel. She's right about everything. Even with the fan bashing it felt like a face promo to me.

Ultimate Member

Them having her actually pull the "the fans didn't support me" nonsense was the worst part. Because EVERYONE can see that that's a flat-out LIE!! WWE are blatantly trying to pretend that something happened, that everyone knows didn't actually happen.

Them having her actually pull the "the fans didn't support me" nonsense was the worst part. Because EVERYONE can see that that's a flat-out LIE!! WWE are blatantly trying to pretend that something happened, that everyone knows didn't actually happen.
    I don't think the WWE are pretending that anything really happened. Heels in promos tell untrue things all the time, but that doesn't mean the WWE actually expects you to believe the heel. It's a very common tactice for a face turning heel to blame the fans for not supporting them. For the popular ones at least, it's not true and everyone knows it... saying it is just a way to get heat with the fans, that's all.

Ultimate Member

It still has to make some kind of sense. This whole thing is just stupid and nonsensical.

It still has to make some kind of sense. This whole thing is just stupid and nonsensical.
    Some of it did make sense... up to a point, I think you can actually almost agree with Becky. And that's why it was a good heel promo. You can see her frustration, and maybe even sympathize with it. But it's a heel promo with the exact point of getting heat with the crowd, so like most heel promos the truth is twisted.

Ultimate Member

No it doesn't make sense, once she said that the crowd never supported her, the whole thing fell apart. No one believes that, and no one believe that she believes that. They know that she's just reading a crap script that a tone deaf billionaire gave her, and they're rejecting it.

Also turning her heel at all is just incredibly stupid and once again show how godawful WWE is at booking babyfaces well.

Oh and Asuka being reduced to just another women separating two brawlers also shows just how badly they've screwed over her character and killed any mystique or uniqueness that she had.

No it doesn't make sense, once she said that the crowd never supported her, the whole thing fell apart. No one believes that, and no one believe that she believes that. They know that she's just reading a crap script that a tone deaf billionaire gave her, and they're rejecting it.

Also turning her heel at all is just incredibly stupid and once again show how godawful WWE is at booking babyfaces well.

Oh and Asuka being reduced to just another women separating two brawlers also shows just how badly they've screwed over her character and killed any mystique or uniqueness that she had.
    I like the heel turn for her. The content of the promo was meh, but her delivery was great. Angry, full of fire. I dug it. I just hope she's not the cowardly heel. She needs to be the heel that beats everyone into the ground. Sort of a Samoa Joe approach.

Astonishing Member

the united states of nakamerica

naito vs suzuki for the IWGP i c title on axis tv
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-22-2018 at 02:10 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Some of it did make sense... up to a point, I think you can actually almost agree with Becky. And that's why it was a good heel promo. You can see her frustration, and maybe even sympathize with it. But it's a heel promo with the exact point of getting heat with the crowd, so like most heel promos the truth is twisted.
    As a heel promo it is bad because she is justified in her feelings and actions. All the logic is against the designated face. I'm sure the fan bashing was thrown in so it can be a heel promo because it would have a been a frustrated face promo without it. As awesome as it is to see a pissed off Becky they turned the wrong person.

P.S. this is what the Bayley/Sasha feud should have been.

Ultimate Member

Also people remember Charlotte being a despicably cowardly heel who betrayed Becky. And they remember her and her dad doing terrible things to Becky. AND they've made it clear that they want to see Becky win, AS A BABYFACE!! Yet WWE has REFUSED to do that for years now. Then they tease like she's finally going to get her moment, only to have her eat the pin in the big match yet again and LOLCharlotteWinsagainLOL.

And even Charlotte herself has said that her character (much like her dad's) works better as a heel.

This whole thing was set up to make Becky the good guy and make people not sympathize with Charlotte at all. And yet the only people who seem to not get that, are Vince and co.

Yes, she is saying something untrue about the crowd not supporting her. And that's why you're supposed to boo hrr. Again, it's a heel promo. It doesn't have to be 100% factual.

You act like you have never heard a heel promo before. You think everything Miz said at the start of the show was true? Of course not. Heels will knock the crowd and their opponent unfairly ... that's what heels do.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    As a heel promo it is bad because she is justified in her feelings and actions. All the logic is against the designated face. I'm sure the fan bashing was thrown in so it can be a heel promo because it would have a been a frustrated face promo without it. As awesome as it is to see a pissed off Becky they turned the wrong person.

P.S. this is what the Bayley/Sasha feud should have been.
    She is justified up to a point. She had every right to feel frustrated. But where she crossed the line was attacking Charlotte after the match, who beat her clean.

It's a believable turn because her feelings were understandable, but it's still a heel turn because what she did was wrong and she was unapologetic about it.

The thing to remember is Charlotte in this instance dud nothing wrong. She didn't ask to be inserted in the match ... Paige made that call on her own after she saved Becky. And Charlotte won the match clean. So while Becky frustration is understandable, her actions were not.

sooo, summerslam....a lot of **** finishes and short/squash matches. at least brock isn't champion anymore. shield reunion is good for roman but stepping backwards for seth and dean. seems like a lot of folks are left twisting in the wind currently.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    She is justified up to a point. She had every right to feel frustrated. But where she crossed the line was attacking Charlotte after the match, who beat her clean.

It's a believable turn because her feelings were understandable, but it's still a heel turn because what she did was wrong and she was unapologetic about it.

The thing to remember is Charlotte in this instance dud nothing wrong. She didn't ask to be inserted in the match ... Paige made that call on her own after she saved Becky. And Charlotte won the match clean. So while Becky frustration is understandable, her actions were not.
    I'm not questioning the fact that Becky's a heel. Under the circumstances she really shouldn't be one.