Page 122 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 22721121181191201211221231241251261321722226221122 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 19298

NXT Germany is launching soon.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...h-soon-646914/

How long till NXT Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post

How long till NXT Japan?
    It would be interesting to see if they can establish NXT brands in markets like Japan and Mexico. I think they just need to find a local fed to work with, like they did with Progress.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

It will be interesting to see what the end result will be if WWE implements those changes.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Basically! I think people are so stuck on the idea of fans trying to be smart they don't accept crowd response as genuine. Though I will say fans should give wrestlers they don't find interesting/entertaining no reaction. BTW is your avy pic from Survivor Series '94?
    no, i believe it's from the match they had on superstars where Mister Backlund 1st turned heel. bret wore black tights in the survivor series match.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I agree that Charlotte and Asuka were on a bit of a downward slump, while Becky was on an upward trend. That's why I said they were all basically around the same level... there wasn't a real stand out until Beckys heel turn. I'd argue she's more over now than when she was Smackdown womans champ.
    who would you make that argument with?? becky would also be more over now than her 1st title reign if they had took the easier road and just had her beat carmella and charlotte as a face. bottomline becky was the most over(and outstanding) babyface on the show.

As far as wanting popular superstars to be pushed well... I'd argue right now Becky IS being pushed well. This is probably the strongest most effective push she's ever gotten. And I think Becky herself would agree with that. In an interview I saw where they asked her whether she prefereed being a face or heel, she said she prefers whatever she is right now. She understands that the current booking is working. It's getting the best reaction she's ever gotten in her entire career, and has arguably made her the most over woman in the company short of Rhonda.
    and people are cheering, when she wasn't being pushed well people were booing. as far as effective that's where you got it wrong. the whole purpose of a heel is to get heat for themselves AND get the crowd behind their face opponent, that's just how wrestling works. right now there's not really any face that can get cheered over becky making her very ineffective as a heel.

The ultimate thing about it is you don't even need to care about the met aspects of it all. All you need to care about is that it's working. She's getting pushed, she's getting air time, she's got the belt, and most importantly she's getting over. SHe is exactly where she should be, and exactly where she needs to be.
    nope, just sounds to me like a spin to pretend this has all worked out according to some plan. becky SHOULD be the top face on the brand getting cheered and putting heat on any heel who opposes her.

How long till NXT Japan?
    they should've just done NXT europe. i mean does europe really need more NXT's than the US??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 10-19-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Astonishing Member

time for strong style evolved 2018 part 2 on axs tv
    the young bucks take on the golden lovers
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-20-2018 at 02:26 AM.
    Transformers TCG player

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

I agree that Charlotte and Asuka were on a bit of a downward slump, while Becky was on an upward trend. That's why I said they were all basically around the same level... there wasn't a real stand out until Beckys heel turn. I'd argue she's more over now than when she was Smackdown womans champ.

As far as wanting popular superstars to be pushed well... I'd argue right now Becky IS being pushed well. This is probably the strongest most effective push she's ever gotten. And I think Becky herself would agree with that. In an interview I saw where they asked her whether she prefereed being a face or heel, she said she prefers whatever she is right now. She understands that the current booking is working. It's getting the best reaction she's ever gotten in her entire career, and has arguably made her the most over woman in the company short of Rhonda.

The ultimate thing about it is you don't even need to care about the met aspects of it all. All you need to care about is that it's working. She's getting pushed, she's getting air time, she's got the belt, and most importantly she's getting over. SHe is exactly where she should be, and exactly where she needs to be.
    All is fine and dandy but it won't matter if Charlotte wins at Evolution. I just want Charlotte the **** out of here for a while and leave Becky as champ til Royal Rumble or something.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    no, i believe it's from the match they had on superstars where Mister Backlund 1st turned heel. bret wore black tights in the survivor series match.

who would you make that argument with?? becky would also be more over now than her 1st title reign if they had took the easier road and just had her beat carmella and charlotte as a face. bottomline becky was the most over(and outstanding) babyface on the show.

and people are cheering, when she wasn't being pushed well people were booing. as far as effective that's where you got it wrong. the whole purpose of a heel is to get heat for themselves AND get the crowd behind their face opponent, that's just how wrestling works. right now there's not really any face that can get cheered over becky making her very ineffective as a heel.

nope, just sounds to me like a spin to pretend this has all worked out according to some plan. becky SHOULD be the top face on the brand getting cheered and putting heat on any heel who opposes her.

they should've just done NXT europe. i mean does europe really need more NXT's than the US??
    I don't think it worked according to plan... but it did work. In fact t probably worked better than they planned, because it's getting her more over than she ever was in her entire career including when they made her the champ as the top face on Smackdown.

This sort of thing isn't necessarily something they can plan... it just happens.

She's getting a strong reaction, and at the end of the day a reaction is a reaction. It's no different than Cena or Roman only in reverse... doesn't matter if people boo them, so long as they're emotionally invested in them. Becky right now is arguably the most ever she was in her entire career, in a feud that the fans are clearly emotionally invested in. And that's exactly the point.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Some interesting changes are coming. According to Meltzer, Fox wants WWE Smackdown to have a more sports presentation and eliminate the comedy from the show. They want to put Smackdown as part of a sports block and want to be able to have it cross promote with other sports programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Some interesting changes are coming. According to Meltzer, Fox wants WWE Smackdown to have a more sports presentation and eliminate the comedy from the show. They want to put Smackdown as part of a sports block and want to be able to have it cross promote with other sports programming.
    Hmmm... I can understand toning down some of the sports entertainment stuff, but I'm not entirely sure eliminating it entirely is going to work. This isn't UFC.

That said, moving in a more credible/believable direction might be cool. We'll see.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Hmmm... I can understand toning down some of the sports entertainment stuff, but I'm not entirely sure eliminating it entirely is going to work. This isn't UFC.

That said, moving in a more credible/believable direction might be cool. We'll see.
    It can work. Fox essentially wants the presentation from WWE Network tournaments like CWC, MYC and UK tournament. The biggest obstacle would be Vince. I doubt he'll want to do it or stick with it for long term.

Astonishing Member

Ring Of Honor wrestling on komo 4
    coast to coast vs the briscoes for ROH world tag team championship
    jeff cobb vs punishment Martinez for the ROH world television championship
    chris sabin vs marty scurll is our main event of the episode
    Last edited by steve2275; 10-21-2018 at 12:29 AM.
    Transformers TCG player

I don't think it worked according to plan... but it did work. In fact t probably worked better than they planned, because it's getting her more over than she ever was in her entire career including when they made her the champ as the top face on Smackdown.

This sort of thing isn't necessarily something they can plan... it just happens.
    worked at what?? becky was already over, charlotte is now less over.

She's getting a strong reaction, and at the end of the day a reaction is a reaction. It's no different than Cena or Roman only in reverse... doesn't matter if people boo them, so long as they're emotionally invested in them. Becky right now is arguably the most ever she was in her entire career, in a feud that the fans are clearly emotionally invested in. And that's exactly the point.
    no, you've just missed the point of being over in the 1st place. people being over is supposed to be a good thing for everybody, not good for 1 and detrimental to others.

jeff cobb won the PWG title last night

good on him, it was just a few years ago people were sleeping on this guy and i was saying he should be getting booked outside of norcal. congrats to him.

i'm hoping this guy follows a similar path and breaks out next year.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 10-21-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    worked at what?? becky was already over, charlotte is now less over.

no, you've just missed the point of being over in the 1st place. people being over is supposed to be a good thing for everybody, not good for 1 and detrimental to others.

jeff cobb won the PWG title last night

good on him, it was just a few years ago people were sleeping on this guy and i was saying he should be getting booked outside of norcal. congrats to him.

i'm hoping this guy follows a similar path and breaks out next year.
    Becky was over ... buy again I think she's more over now than she was before she heel turned.

As for Charlotte ... she's losing some face heat when feuding with Becky, but I'm not convinced that's detrimental to her. I think it's a good high profile feud for both which has got the fans interest. Maybe the biggest woman's division feud on the Smackdown brand at least since the division began.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

How long till NXT Japan?

This was proposed back in late 2000's before Vince started NXT and spent millions on developmental due to needing talent etc. Anyhow the idea then that came up was the company was debating going into different markets and running companies that would tie into WWE. Basically they saw that Smackdown at one point drew a very good Hispanic audience due to Rey Mysterio Jr and others. So they approached it as ...we can go run a company in Mexico ...and use it. Then run one in Europe and so forth.

But it was said the costs then was considered way too steep then. That to do this approach they'd have to spend millions of dollars to do it. But now with a $1 billion deal with Fox , WWE Network and other TV rights deals they can do this. I mean they seem to be willing to take a $30+ million dollar loss on NXT so they could be thinking ...lets go ahead and do this globally as we once planned.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.