Page 230 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1301802202262272282292302312322332342402803307301230 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    Starrcade hasn't had any impact on the televised story lines so I wouldn't consider that loss significant and the Mix Match Challenge turned into a cluster halfway through with all the injuries. So as far as televised story line purposes, the only match that meant anything was their Wrestlemania match.
    At least they followed up (storyline wise) on Asuka getting pinned last night by Charlotte last night on Mixed Match Challenge.

While everyone predicted who would be in the finals two weeks ago (thanks to everyone else being on the PPV card), no one would have guessed this finals at the start of the contest, lol. R-Truth and Carmella fighting over who gets Carmella's #30 Royal Rumble spot could be gold.

NJPW has an Omega-THON going on and they're not showing this match:

Are they getting ready to say goodbye to him?

Wrestle Kingdom 13 (Jan. 4, 3AM Eastern / 12AM Pacific)

PRE-SHOW: NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship #1 Contender’s Gauntlet Match
    Bad Luck Fale, Beretta, Chuckie T, Chase Owens, David Finlay, Davey Boy Smith Jr., Hangman Page, Hirooki Goto, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Thunder Liger, Lance Archer, Manabu Nakanishi, Marty Scurll, Michael Elgin, Minoru Suzuki, Rysuke Taguchi, Satoshi Kojima, Taichi, TAKA Michinoku, Takashi Iizuka, Tiger Mask IV, Tomoaki Honma, Toa Henare, Togi Makabe, Toru Yano, Yuji Nagata and Yujiro Takahashi. Even rumors of a returning YOSHI-HASHI.

NEVER Openweight Championship: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Will Ospreay

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI & Shingo Takagi) vs. Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) vs. Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) (c)

RPW British Heavyweight Championship: Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.

IWGP Tag Team Championship: Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) (c) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (EVIL & SANADA) vs. Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship: Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Juice Robinson

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: KUSHIDA (c) vs. Taiji Ishimori

“Switchblade” Jay White vs. Kazuchika Okada

IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Chris Jericho (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito

IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Kenny Omega (c)

I'm sad to see the rumble gone but the gauntlet should be fun in it's place. I think the Juice and Switchblade matches will make for good bathroom breaks, if needed. I'm excited to see how bloody Jericho and Naito get for part 2. How fun would it be if Naito loses again? I mean, I love him and want him to destroy Jericho, but the meltdown of Naito’s fans and questions of where he goes next would be epic. I'm loving the Tana storyline with Omega and really hope Omega can take it to the house and slamdunk out a MOTY.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-12-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

An Okada match a bathroom break? What?

I hope Juice wins the title back from Cody. He should have never dropped it to him.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

That's a mighty uninspired WK card, I must say.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    An Okada match a bathroom break? What?

I hope Juice wins the title back from Cody. He should have never dropped it to him.
    even if i drank a gallon of juice and 10 bottles of super lax, i would never miss a okada match. even if it's with that punk jay white.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    At least they followed up (storyline wise) on Asuka getting pinned last night by Charlotte last night on Mixed Match Challenge.

While everyone predicted who would be in the finals two weeks ago (thanks to everyone else being on the PPV card), no one would have guessed this finals at the start of the contest, lol. R-Truth and Carmella fighting over who gets Carmella's #30 Royal Rumble spot could be gold.
    In HINDSIGHT it makes sense that the winners of the MMC would be a team made up of second tier wrestlers, as most of the A list performers would like AJ or Charlotte or Braun would have more important matches at the PPV. But yeah... at least at the start I definately wouldn't have predicted this to be the finals at all.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Don't know why it seems unbelievable that there are people who don't worship the ground Okada walks on.

Making the Championship match a TLC keeps all three of the competitors safe, regardless of who wins. (Becky SHOULD retain though.)

I think they put Charlotte back in the title picture because they expected her to be the Face against a Heel Becky. Once they found out that nobody will see Becky as a Heel, they had to turn Charlotte back to a Heel. So we basically have Asuke/Face, Charlotte/Heel, and Becky/Anti-Face.

Asuka will eventually go over Charlotte but tonight's match wasn't the right time. Should be a more meaningful match.

WWE, well at least the Superstars, is making a huge deal of Mustafa Ali's spotlight match with Bryan. Lots of praise from fellow WWE Superstars from social media and behind the scenes.
    charlotte was a heel this week?? it's so hard to keep up.

Starrcade hasn't had any impact on the televised story lines so I wouldn't consider that loss significant and the Mix Match Challenge turned into a cluster halfway through with all the injuries. So as far as televised story line purposes, the only match that meant anything was their Wrestlemania match.
    i think that's kind of the point, that even when it would be relatively meaningless they still couldn't just let her have a win. also would've made a good talking point when promoting the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Don't know why it seems unbelievable that there are people who don't worship the ground Okada walks on.
    don't know why you'd assume people who are shocked that okada's match is being considered a pissbreak means they worship him(or the ground).

i certainly don't worship okada, but especially on this card am not taking my pissbreak during his match.

NJPW has too many damn titles.

Astonishing Member

January 4 2015 on axs tv aka wrestling ive not seen before LOL
    the young bucks vs rocky romero and Koslov vs kushida and alex shelley vs reDragon for the IWGP junior tag team championships
    bobby fish looks better now then than he does here as does kyle
    and kenny omega challenges the funky weapon ryusuke taguchi IWGP junior heavyweight championship
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-13-2018 at 03:32 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It doesn't matter how it happens. The Becky Charlotte stuff should have ended at Evolution. If she wins here AT ALL, then it's just "of course Charlotte wins in the end anyway" booking at it's finest. Also they wouldn't even let Asuka beat Charlotte at Starrcade, so I'm not nearly as confident as you that "she'll get her moment." Also they didn't let her beat Charlotte in the MMC either for that matter.
    I think having it a 3 way with Charlotte and Asuka works for a lot of reasons.

If they want to get the belt off of Becky (so she can go onto compete in the Rumble and earn a title shot at Ronda's belt), then this allows a way to get the belt off of her without losing.

And if Beckys health is a concern going into the match, then a 3 way means she can be protected a little more.

Additionally Ronda seems to have issues with both Becky and Charlotte at this point, so having both on allows them to advance that storyline.

Lastly, I honestly think it's just a better match with Charlotte in it. Not that Asuka couldn't put up a good match, but I'm not sure any woman will give Becky a better match than Charlotte right now.

It kinda is. I do expect great things from the main-event and the JR title match. The tag title matches were be more interesting if they weren't triple threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El
    Okada is the type of guy who can get the best of out anyone he's in the ring with. He can get a banger out of a guy like Fale. I don't think the match will be pissbreak worthy because of Jay White. He's a lot better than fans like to give him credit for.

Let Cody keep it. He needs the rub right now.

I agree, the Main, Semi-main, NEVER, and RPW titles look to be the only great matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    even if i drank a gallon of juice and 10 bottles of super lax, i would never miss a okada match. even if it's with that punk jay white.
    I don't think Okada can carry Jay to a 4 star match.
    I worship the ground Okada walks on. I'm the guy that everyone blasted for saying Okada carried AJ to some great matches (I HAD PROOF EVERYBODY), so it pains me to say it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    NJPW has too many damn titles.
    They kinda to, don't they. BUT I LOVE IT! To be fair, they are borrowing a title, though.

It kinda is. I do expect great things from the main-event and the JR title match. The tag title matches were be more interesting if they weren't triple threats.

Okada is the type of guy who can get the best of out anyone he's in the ring with. He can get a banger out of a guy like Fale. I don't think the match will be pissbreak worthy because of Jay White. He's a lot better than fans like to give him credit for.
    I just don't see where Okada could bring out a great match from Jay. Jay has some fundamental issues. Same goes for Juice. I don't understand why people think he's become amazing because he gets carried every damn match over there. I guess he's happier, so yay for him. I do like his personality and character work.

Jay I just think is a lost cause at this point.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Let Cody keep it. He needs the rub right now.

I agree, the Main, Semi-main, NEVER, and RPW titles look to be the only great matches.

I don't think Okada can carry Jay to a 4 star match.

I worship the ground Okada walks on. I'm the guy that everyone blasted for saying Okada carried AJ to some great matches (I HAD PROOF EVERYBODY), so it pains me to say it.

They kinda to, don't they. BUT I LOVE IT! To be fair, they are borrowing a title, though.

I just don't see where Okada could bring out a great match from Jay. Jay has some fundamental issues. Same goes for Juice. I don't understand why people think he's become amazing because he gets carried every damn match over there. I guess he's happier, so yay for him. I do like his personality and character work.

Jay I just think is a lost cause at this point.
    Juice needs the rub more than Cody. Cody is already an established name while Juice is still trying to make something out his. It helps Juice is actually over with the Japanese crowd while Cody at best gets lukewarm responses.

Jay White is 25 years old. Of course he's rough around the edges and he also pretty damn good for someone of his age and experience. He doesn't need to be carried. He had some good matches with Hangman and Juice I wouldn't say niether one is good enough to do any carrying.

Ultimate Member

I disagree, that looks like a great card imo. And Jay White has been really growing on me recently, so this is a big opportunity for him. His match with Omega for the US title was also really good as well BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I disagree, that looks like a great card imo. And Jay White has been really growing on me recently, so this is a big opportunity for him. His match with Omega for the US title was also really good as well BTW.
    White has to win and have a breakthrough performance. One that will establish him as a star and silence every doubter’s arguments against him. We know Okada will be incredible, so it’s up to Jay to fulfill his potential and deliver an unforgettable match. I just don't see him being able to.