Page 82 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 3272787980818283848586921321825821082 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 19298
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

gulak/alexander.

fucking brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    If I ever needed a reason to boycott WWE, this is it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Honestly its gonna be filed again. We already know that the lawyer has repeatedly filed this suit case and will keep it up. The big blow will be once it breaks mainstream and major news takes hold. Given what has happened with the NFL , public relations wise its not gonna go well if you see old broken down wrestlers now and your using them on WWE Network to sell a streaming service.

Vince could cut it off quick and do a settlement to make it go away. He could meet with those involved and sit them down and go , look here is what we can do for you and your families and give them Legends deals and all. Plus having those guys signed and all , giving them medical care now ...he'll look like a great man for that. Vince is taking care of older talents who need medical help like Paul Orndorff etc .
    Vince wont settle. The lawsuit is fraudulent and WWE is now pushing to get that lawyer disbarred

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Vince wont settle. The lawsuit is fraudulent and WWE is now pushing to get that lawyer disbarred
    Doubt that happens . There is a lawyer who has went after Bryan Singer for years (one client actually lied and admitted that after caught). With this the lawyer will keep on chugging at it.

Of course like I said Vince could cut this all from happening and just sign the group to Legends contracts and all. I don't think anyone would complain if say someone like Paul Orndorff got money now due to almost losing his home. I'd say a good many would take a yearly pension in a way to do signings and appear at times on TV. (A guy like Raven...he should be a manager or adviser role backstage...since he did that years earlier)
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Doubt that happens . There is a lawyer who has went after Bryan Singer for years (one client actually lied and admitted that after caught). With this the lawyer will keep on chugging at it.

Of course like I said Vince could cut this all from happening and just sign the group to Legends contracts and all. I don't think anyone would complain if say someone like Paul Orndorff got money now due to almost losing his home. I'd say a good many would take a yearly pension in a way to do signings and appear at times on TV. (A guy like Raven...he should be a manager or adviser role backstage...since he did that years earlier)
    Rewarding guys over trying to sue him in a fraudulent lawsuit will only lead to more people trying to sue him.

Right now the law suit basically has no choice of winning, so Vince doesn't have to do a thing. If he starts settling, more people will try to sue him since he's rewarding people for the effort.

Far easier to just allow the coarts to toss this nonsense out. Settling only makes them look guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Rewarding guys over trying to sue him in a fraudulent lawsuit will only lead to more people trying to sue him.
    Thus far its this same group of folks who have filed. No one knows if more will come forward or not. Right now there is a group who have filed with this lawyer repeatedly.

Right now the law suit basically has no choice of winning, so Vince doesn't have to do a thing. If he starts settling, more people will try to sue him since he's rewarding people for the effort.

Far easier to just allow the coarts to toss this nonsense out. Settling only makes them look guilty.
    Or it doesn't really. Vince has signed Bret Hart , Kevin Nash and others to Legends deals and he had massive heat with Hart years earlier. No one said , hey if he does that , more will do this. No , the company just signed folks to deals and let them come on TV in appearances and moved on. Hell even Jake Roberts got one.

Right now he could cut the legs off this from keep going because all it takes is a slow news cycle to hit and someone sees a report that all these former broken wrestlers are suing Vince over healthcare etc . He'll be demonized and the company will look a lot worse than NFL given the abuse wrestlers take and some who are legit in worse shape. And the NFL itself moved quick to cut that off as well as former players were given a huge settlement after years of NFL fighting it.

Vince could put the kibosh on this now and give all these guys really decent Legends deals and keep things "in house" basically. Like I said I fully expect him to do a OH **** once MSNBC , CNN or another major news network turns to his company and unleashes that 24 cycle.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Also its not rewarding guys , he's using footage of them and profited off them even now. They put their bodies through hell so pay em.

Thus far its this same group of folks who have filed. No one knows if more will come forward or not. Right now there is a group who have filed with this lawyer repeatedly.

Or it doesn't really. Vince has signed Bret Hart , Kevin Nash and others to Legends deals and he had massive heat with Hart years earlier. No one said , hey if he does that , more will do this. No , the company just signed folks to deals and let them come on TV in appearances and moved on. Hell even Jake Roberts got one.

Right now he could cut the legs off this from keep going because all it takes is a slow news cycle to hit and someone sees a report that all these former broken wrestlers are suing Vince over healthcare etc . He'll be demonized and the company will look a lot worse than NFL given the abuse wrestlers take and some who are legit in worse shape. And the NFL itself moved quick to cut that off as well as former players were given a huge settlement after years of NFL fighting it.

Vince could put the kibosh on this now and give all these guys really decent Legends deals and keep things "in house" basically. Like I said I fully expect him to do a OH **** once MSNBC , CNN or another major news network turns to his company and unleashes that 24 cycle.
    He'll be more demonized if he settles, because in the court of public opinion only the guilty settle. He won't be demonized if he wins the court case, or if it's thrown out because the legal system itself is exonerating him of wrong doing.

Settling will do less than simply allowing the courts to throw the suit out, because if people see that Vince will pay people for suing him, more will try to sue him. Why not sue the guy that gives out contracts to people who sue him?

I'm sure Vince hopes the news cycle picks this up, because again it only vindicate the WWE.

He'll be more demonized if he settles, because in the court of public opinion only the guilty settle. He won't be demonized if he wins the court case, or if it's thrown out because the legal system itself is exonerating him of wrong doing.

Settling will do less than simply allowing the courts to throw the suit out, because if people see that Vince will pay people for suing him, more will try to sue him. Why not sue the guy that gives out contracts to people who sue him?

I'm sure Vince hopes the news cycle picks this up, because again it only vindicate the WWE.
    Exactly. This lawyer has been criticized by numerous judges for making false claims.

WWE is also much more media savy than in 2007. Vince is prepared for this

The 2018 Battle of Los Angeles concluded on Sunday as Pro Wrestling Guerrilla returned to the Globe Theatre in Los Angeles for the third straight night.

- Trevor Lee pinned Brody King in a Battle of Los Angeles tournament second round match

- Jeff Cobb pinned Rey Horus in a Battle of Los Angeles tournament second round match

- Shingo Takagi submitted Robbie Eagles in a Battle of Los Angeles tournament second round match

- Joey Janela pinned CIMA in a Battle of Los Angeles tournament second round match

- WALTER pinned Jonah Rock in a Battle of Los Angeles tournament second round match

- Bandido pinned Flamita in a Battle of Los Angeles tournament second round match

- PWG Tag Team Champions The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz) defeated The Lucha Bros (Pentagon Jr. & Fenix) to retain their titles

This was as good as expected with these two teams.

- Jeff Cobb pinned Trevor Lee in a Battle of Los Angeles tournament semifinal match

Cobb won in about 15 seconds, but it got one of the biggest pops of the night.

- Bandido pinned Joey Janela in a Battle of Los Angeles tournament semifinal match

They had a typical crazy over-the-top Janela match.

- Shingo Takagi pinned WALTER in a Battle of Los Angeles tournament semifinal match

As stiff as expected, and WALTER may have even broken his own scale of amplitude with the most sickening chop that literally worried the crowd that Takagi might not be able to continue.

- PCO, Darby Allin, Puma King, Dan Barry & Jody Fleisch defeated Timothy Thatcher, David Starr, T-Hawk, DJZ & Adam Brooks in a 10-man tag match

- Jeff Cobb defeated Bandido and Shingo Takagi in a three-way elimination match to win the 2018 Battle of Los Angeles

Bandido eliminated Takagi before it came down to Bandido vs. Cobb. For about five to 10 minutes there, Bandido was the most passionately loved babyface of all time. Cobb hit the Tour of the Islands off the second rope and the match was obviously over, but Cobb quickly picked Bandido up, shoved him into the ropes, and hit another Tour of the Islands in the middle of the ring for the win.

As much as the crowd wanted Bandido to win, the inevitability of the finish prevented a letdown as they counted the pin.

Cobb and Bandido both gave great speeches afterwards, including Bandido bringing his dad into the ring.
    pleasantly surprised with bandido making it to the finals, disappointed brody king(they say WWE is likely to sign him to developmental soon) lost to trevor lee in the 2nd round, just a little surprised in general that jeff cobb won the whole thing.

i can't wait to catch a PWG show live again and see what the globe theater is like.

If he goes into court , once those wrestlers go on TV the company is gonna face heat . Its happened before and Vince managed to skate by. But he's had to fight a very hard news media before and this time he's more of a public company. He isn't settling a court case. He's paying former workers and people contracts to support them (which honestly looks better than going into court and it goes public).

I'm Vince is NOT hoping the news cycle picks that up since the court of public opinion will **** him hard. No one wants to see a story of a billionaire who refuses to pay his past workers medical bills or help them as he became a billionaire. Then when they learn he's profiting off them still with WWE Network...man alive he'll be roasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Exactly. This lawyer has been criticized by numerous judges for making false claims.

WWE is also much more media savy than in 2007. Vince is prepared for this

I'd say he's likely not. He wasn't prepared in 1994 over steroid federal trial , he wasn't prepared in 1999 at the loss of advertisers as we saw , he wasn't prepared in 2007. He sure as **** ain't gonna be prepared to handle it again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    gulak/alexander.

fucking brilliant.
    ……………...yes

https://twitter.com/fan_unhappy/stat...60763293048834
    @JDfromNY206
    11h
    11 hours ago

#205Live moving to Wednesday from Tuesday did absolutely nothing to enhance this show. Still the same dead crowd. If this show isn’t filmed before #SDLive or moved to be taped during #WWENXT the show will never be perceived the way it should be
    32 replies

Replying to @JDfromNY206
    This Alexander v Gulak match is pretty good though Very long but it’s worth it!
    4:47 PM - 19 Sep 2018
    Last edited by steve2275; 09-20-2018 at 03:18 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If he goes into court , once those wrestlers go on TV the company is gonna face heat . Its happened before and Vince managed to skate by. But he's had to fight a very hard news media before and this time he's more of a public company. He isn't settling a court case. He's paying former workers and people contracts to support them (which honestly looks better than going into court and it goes public).

I'm Vince is NOT hoping the news cycle picks that up since the court of public opinion will **** him hard. No one wants to see a story of a billionaire who refuses to pay his past workers medical bills or help them as he became a billionaire. Then when they learn he's profiting off them still with WWE Network...man alive he'll be roasted.

I'd say he's likely not. He wasn't prepared in 1994 over steroid federal trial , he wasn't prepared in 1999 at the loss of advertisers as we saw , he wasn't prepared in 2007. He sure as **** ain't gonna be prepared to handle it again.
    Vince isn't going to pay for former employees for damages they can't prove his company is responsible for. That what makes this case fraudulent. The news media will go after Vince simply because the WWE is wrestling to the mainstream. They'll get the blame regardless. They don't deserve a dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Vince isn't going to pay for former employees for damages they can't prove his company is responsible for. That what makes this case fraudulent. The news media will go after Vince simply because the WWE is wrestling to the mainstream. They'll get the blame regardless. They don't deserve a dime.
    The company will be hard pressed for many who did have injuries years later from concussions etc. The same deal happened with NFL. The league tried to play the whole , we can't be responsible its been years etc. In the end they had to settle and it became a dark period in recent era. Where as the NFL had the goodwill , Vince doesn't have that. He's been blasted in news media for steroids etc for years. No one is gonna take it easy on him.

Now some never worked for the WWE. Sure you can say , hey Vince shouldn't pay them either. But he's using them in footage and selling that to make people pay for WWE Network. In this case again , people will see the footage on WWE network and leap to that. Its best again to pay those guys deals and defuse it.

Therrs nothing wrong with a news cycle that essentially exonnerates Vince of sny erong doing, because that's exactly whats hapoeninh here. And thats exactly whats happened every other tune thus fraudulent case has popped up. Again, no need for Vince to settle and pay people off because rhe courts time and time again have already ckeared him.

As far as Vince not paying medical bills of previous employees ... there's bothing new here. Wrestlers go into the job knowing they are independent contractors. If you want a job that offered more comprehensive medical coverage do something else for a living.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The company will be hard pressed for many who did have injuries years later from concussions etc. The same deal happened with NFL. The league tried to play the whole , we can't be responsible its been years etc. In the end they had to settle and it became a dark period in recent era. Where as the NFL had the goodwill , Vince doesn't have that. He's been blasted in news media for steroids etc for years. No one is gonna take it easy on him.

Now some never worked for the WWE. Sure you can say , hey Vince shouldn't pay them either. But he's using them in footage and selling that to make people pay for WWE Network. In this case again , people will see the footage on WWE network and leap to that. Its best again to pay those guys deals and defuse it.
    That's not going to work as well with WWE. You want Vince to pay Raven for injures he likely sustained during his time in ECW which he isn't responsible for. Wrestling reputation within the mainstream is terrible to begin with so media crucifying him won't mean **** to Vince. You know how terrible it got it with the Benoit murder/suicide coverage.