Page 20 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430701205201020 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If you look up "a little much" in the WWE dictionary right now, you'd probably see a picture of Braun.

Reigns and Cena can resist chair shots under certain circumstances... but Braun had like 2 dozen chair dropped on him from the ceiling, and he managed to get back up. Cena beat down 2 Nexus members... Braun was manhandling nearly half a dozen main event level guys in the Elimination Champer single handedly. The thing is, most if not all of the things you can say about Roman and Cena, you can say about Braun times two.

But it's working, so I'm not knocking the booking. Just saying it's something to think about.
    That's the point. It's working for Braun. In other cases, not so much.

Since it's working now, WWE should make the most of it.

I'm honestly not saying Braun should be made champion, just that him being made a champion now isn't really a problem. So far he's booked well.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-17-2018 at 05:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That's the point. It's working for Braun. In other cases, not so much.

Since it's working now, WWE should make the most of it.

I'm honestly not saying Braun should be made champion, just that him being made a champion now isn't really a problem. So far he's booked well.
    Here's the thing about the monster push... it works for the guys he's pushing. Just not so much for the guys he's squashing. Yes, throwing the rest of the lockerrom under the bus to get one guy over works for THEM. But it makes everyone else look bad in the process. It's not the same thing as say pushing a Seth Rollins or a Finn Balor, who can theoretically make everyone look good in the process. With a Braun, he's at times is making 2-3 guys look bad in the process to get him over.

It CAN be worth it. It is getting Braun over. BUt you can't book a guy like that indefinitely. Eventually he has to start putting other people over to some degree too. And that's when Braun weaknesses potentially will get exposed. And that's where you separate a good big man (like say an Undertaker) from someone who basically wasted everyone's time (like Great Khali). If Braun can end up being another Taker, then this was all worth it and he'll have deserved the push and the belt. If he ends up another Khali, then a lot of good wrestlers were squashed or made to look bad for nothing. Time will tell.

All that said, I still think it makes more sense for KO to win it and cash it in. MitB just doesn't seem like the right way for a monster face to win his first world title. I still think it's more a thing designed for an opportunistic heel to take advantage of the situation. Braun can of course just cash it in clean... but then they might as well have not given him MITB in the first place. They could just book him to be in the main event of Summerslam as a triple threat, and had someone like KO win MITB who can actually use it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    please educate me on who that is
    never mind https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Andersen
    or am i wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    he wasn't very good, but they were still able to use him effectively and get some decent stuff out of him.
    If they booked Ryback like Strong Man ... it'd probaly get a lot of arm chair bookers going, "SEE! WWE fuxed Ryback up!" He can has werkz ratez!"
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If they booked Ryback like Strong Man ... it'd probaly get a lot of arm chair bookers going, "SEE! WWE fuxed Ryback up!" He can has werkz ratez!"
    Because he's a big impressive looking dude, you can always get some milage out of him provided you book him in a way which conceals his short comings. As a special attraction which comes in and squashes people in an impressive manner once in awhile, he's fine. Or if they just use him as a sort of enforcer or muscle for some heel wrestling group, that works.

But I doubt ROH or New Japan would want a guy like him as anything more than a special attraction. He's not someone you want to necessarily build your brand around long term. If he sucked so badly that even Vince didn't want him as a top guy, there's no way ROH or New Japan would really consider him a long term investment.

Impact might though. Any ex-WWE guy will likely be handed a world title the minute they walk through the front door.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I never saw Strong Man work NJPW but from what looked up he mainly worked multi-man tag matches and world tag league. The G1 was the only time he worked singles and he never had an impressive record.

Because he's a big impressive looking dude, you can always get some milage out of him provided you book him in a way which conceals his short comings. As a special attraction which comes in and squashes people in an impressive manner once in awhile, he's fine. Or if they just use him as a sort of enforcer or muscle for some heel wrestling group, that works.

But I doubt ROH or New Japan would want a guy like him as anything more than a special attraction. He's not someone you want to necessarily build your brand around long term. If he sucked so badly that even Vince didn't want him as a top guy, there's no way ROH or New Japan would really consider him a long term investment.

Impact might though. Any ex-WWE guy will likely be handed a world title the minute they walk through the front door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I never saw Strong Man work NJPW but from what looked up he mainly worked multi-man tag matches and world tag league. The G1 was the only time he worked singles and he never had an impressive record.
    New Japan did a good job hiding Strong Man's problems BUT he still sucked.

If a big guy that can kinda work got that push, he'd seriously make people question his previous tenure.

That's all I'm saying.

And no, I don't want to see more Rybread.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-17-2018 at 01:26 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

If a big guy that can kinda work got that push, he'd seriously make people question his previous tenure.

That's all I'm saying.
    They do with Michael Elgin.

New Japan did a good job hiding Strong Man's problems BUT her still sucked.

That's all I'm saying.

And no, I don't want to see more Rybread.
    I think anyone questioning his previous tenure just needs to listen to a couple of his shoot interviews. Do that, and more people will be questioning his present tenure than his previous one.

They do with Michael Elgin.
    Elgin is a great point.

IMHO, he's a WAY better worker than Ryback.

And Michael (here comes the word everyone jumps on in this thread) deserves the push. Strong Man and Ryback ... not so much.
    I think anyone questioning his previous tenure just needs to listen to a couple of his shoot interviews. Do that, and more people will be questioning his present tenure than his previous one.
    Hahaha ... B Dazzler did like him, though.

But that tells me more about Bryan's character than Ryback's ... dude is a douche canoe. CM Punk was right on this one.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-17-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Hulk Hogan said the wrestlers who didn't accept his apology don't understand the brotherhood of wrestling
    https://twitter.com/wrestlingsheet/s...326069248?s=21

Hogan can't even pretend to be sincere without being an *******

Hulk Hogan said the wrestlers who didn't accept his apology don't understand the brotherhood of wrestling

Even if that's what he believes (and it's pretty stupid for him to believe that), why on earth would he freaking say that publically? The guy either needs to hire a PR person to help him rehabilitate his image, or at least just learn to kinda keep his mouth shut.

He's so delusional

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I agree that in one off events fans do turn on people but I’m talking for extended periods like what’s happening with Roman. The Rock and Shawn Michaels still came back to massive cheers and we’re still ridiculously over in subsequent matches, Roman still gets roundly booed (unfairly at times) a good chunk of the time. It all comes down to the booking. A guy like Randy Orton is still very popular despite being a WWE product, a big guy and a person who’s been in the main event scene multiple times, this probably because his character has genuinely evolved over the years from his evolution days to the crazy head kicking character.

I’m not saying that Braun should be champion but I’m arguing against saying that he shouldn’t BE champion because the fans MIGHT turn on him. Everyone knows what kind of wrestler Braun is and the folks cheering him are doing so for exactly what he’s doing right now. He’s a monster face and WWE should simply book him like one (and not like someone like the Big Show that flipped dozens of times and lost his luster as the big monster type). Putting the strap on someone new is always a risk that could either way but the easier thing to do is do it when said superstar is hot. Braun is white hot right now and it might make sense to try him out now.
    Nah I'm going to disagree with this. Shawn utterly flopped during his championship run, business was tanking, and his home town turned on him. He was never going to make it in that role. They smartly turned him heel and put him in DX which was a stroke of great booking and a stroke of luck that he was involved in the screwjob that got him even more heat. Shawn run as a maineventer and top guy was defined by failure and he needed the heel turn and left as a heel. Years later he came back as a nostalgia act against heel Triple H and got cheered, then he was never positioned as the top guy. He could work with a top guy, but his role was the legend who could still go and put on amazing performances. He just wasn't top guy material.

Rock was different. Rock was uber popular with the fans....TO A POINT. Whenever he was paired against a star that was very over, he was booed. He could never get cheered against Austin, he didn't get cheered against Hogan, and he got booed when the fans were riding the Rock bandwagon. Also it's no secret that when the Rock was given the nod over Austin at WM X7 the fans rejected it and business started tanking. Rock worked when Austin was out and they needed someone to fill in and the only top level star around was super heel heat Triple H. When given the choice, the fans always choose the other guy. Rock was a good Randy Savage, he wasn't a Hogan. He could get the run when he was threatening Austin (just like Savage), but when it came down to it, they wanted Austin.

Randy Orton is another one. They've been trying to push him for YEARS. YEARS. They never could get him to Cena's level. They dedicated WM24 and WM25 to making him a mainstream star heel wrestler and it never stuck. He got hot every once in awhile but the candle always burned out. Fans just didn't want him in that role. And if it wasn't for Bryan they would have tried him there again for WM XXXX\

The key is to get someone over organically and not change their character and be malleable. Shawn's problem was they tried to make him white meat. To an extent that was Cena's problem but he was so damn over with a certain segment of fans that they could still use him as a cash cow and ignore the boos. Roman's issue is that he isn't a big business difference maker, however the company now has so many revenue streams that they will make money despite themselves. If Braun is hot and the fans keep supporting him, no reason to not make him chance.

WWE has one primary problem. They want their guys to "prove it to them" and they want their main event champions to do a very specific role that Cena did. The whole point of wrestling is to enhance your talents strengths and cover their weaknesses. WWE will inevitably want Braun to go out and cut 20 minute comedy promos that he shouldn't do to open each Raw and do the 20 minute underdog main event style match which doesn't suit his character.

Extraordinary Member

Even if that's what he believes (and it's pretty stupid for him to believe that), why on earth would he freaking say that publically? The guy either needs to hire a PR person to help him rehabilitate his image, or at least just learn to kinda keep his mouth shut.
    This is the same man that when he apologized the first time started bitching that other people could say the n word.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by immortal weapon View Post
    they do with michael elgin.
    big mike!!!!!
    https://twitter.com/JDfromNY206/stat...58981704937473
    @JDfromNY206
    Following Following @JDfromNY206
    More
    I’m so proud of what both @AmazingRed1 & @HouseOfGangone did tonight. Neither man will be the same after tonight and I called an absolute war that everyone in that arena will look back on that as being one of the best things weekend

Last edited by steve2275; 08-17-2018 at 08:38 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player