Page 19 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329691195191019 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as good as ronda has shown herself to be in the ring, she's still only had 3 matches to her name and 2 of them were singles. and it doesn't help that she's against alexa who has been in the main event scene for too long.

it's not a good choice either way.
    It's a good choice on terms of heat though. Alexa is someone people would pay to see Ronda beat the crap out of.

I don't expect a great wrestling match, but it potentially can be fun in a monster face vs cowardly heel sort of way.

Astonishing Member

the REAL biggest party of the summer
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

as good as ronda has shown herself to be in the ring, she's still only had 3 matches to her name and 2 of them were singles. and it doesn't help that she's against alexa who has been in the main event scene for too long.

Exactly.

It's just horrible all round.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Having the best workers isn't necessarily the most important thing to the WWE ... but it's a pretty big deal to a very vocal portion of the internet wrestling Fan base. I can easily go back into this thread and pull out a dozen posts tells us how bad Romans Ppv or raw match was. Go back a few years and I could easily do the same with Cena. I'll just have to get used to the idea of reading the same stuff from about Braun, who is frankly worse than Cena and Reigns at this point.

Unless of course Braun improves, or internet fans stop complaining about Vinces love for pushing big dudes who don't work well and hold down other talent. But I don't think wrestling fans will ever get tired of complaining about that.
    internet fans LOLOL

if braun is having nothing but terrible matches and holding talent down of course fans will rightfully complain. WWE has enough time and talent braun should be having good matches AND elevating wrestlers who rise to challenge him. and when the time comes if he doesn't drop the title and put somebody over fans will again rightfully complain. things get stale, again timing is so important. imo they should give braun the belt soon and let him run with it for about 4 months and see how it goes then decide if you want to keep running with it or have him drop it around the rumble but most importantly DO NOT FORCE IT either way.

i would've had ronda lose a PPV match against another face wrestler before having her win the title, but it would have to be a veteran face like natty or becky and done in a way where it isn't xactly a fluke but just a lack of xperience that costs her the match. i think it would help ronda's image to have her lose cleanly and then a show of sportsmanship. she would of course get her win back eventually in a bigger rematch.

is anybody else praying for an ambrose heel turn on rollins at summerslam??
    Last edited by BigLbo; 08-16-2018 at 12:22 AM.

Ultimate Member

Having the best workers isn't necessarily the most important thing to the WWE ... but it's a pretty big deal to a very vocal portion of the internet wrestling Fan base. I can easily go back into this thread and pull out a dozen posts tells us how bad Romans Ppv or raw match was. Go back a few years and I could easily do the same with Cena. I'll just have to get used to the idea of reading the same stuff from about Braun, who is frankly worse than Cena and Reigns at this point.

Unless of course Braun improves, or internet fans stop complaining about Vinces love for pushing big dudes who don't work well and hold down other talent. But I don't think wrestling fans will ever get tired of complaining about that.
    I don't actually have a serious problem with Vince pushing the big men. It makes sense that guys like Braun and Lesnar will dominate smaller superstars in certain situations.

It's all about how folks are booked. Not many folks will complain about Braun dominating Finn Balor but people will complain (and rightfully so) about a 50 year old Kane completely demolishing Balor, that's just pointless booking and it doesn't help anyone. You can make the big man look uber and also not make the smaller man look ridiculously weak.

I think we need to understand that what a lot of fans have a problem with isn't necessarily the individual superstar but the bad booking. Roman Reigns' work has really improved and he's actually had a lot of great matches but it's the booking that's the problem. Having Reigns kick out of a style clash and a styles clash on a chair is a little much. Having John Cena resist a chair shot and still beat down two (2) Nexus members is a bit much. Making Brock Lesnar a dominant champion isn't a bad idea but making Lesnar a champion that hardly ever competes is horrible and dulls the overall product.

As you rightly pointed out, WWE (and even a large portion of fans) understand that not everyone is going to put on AJ Styles level matches, I know some "smarks" like to complain about every big man but i think it's pretty obvious that a Braun Strowman isn't going to work like a Nakamura.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    internet fans LOLOL

if braun is having nothing but terrible matches and holding talent down of course fans will rightfully complain. WWE has enough time and talent braun should be having good matches AND elevating wrestlers who rise to challenge him. and when the time comes if he doesn't drop the title and put somebody over fans will again rightfully complain. things get stale, again timing is so important. imo they should give braun the belt soon and let him run with it for about 4 months and see how it goes then decide if you want to keep running with it or have him drop it around the rumble but most importantly DO NOT FORCE IT either way.

i would've had ronda lose a PPV match against another face wrestler before having her win the title, but it would have to be a veteran face like natty or becky and done in a way where it isn't xactly a fluke but just a lack of xperience that costs her the match. i think it would help ronda's image to have her lose cleanly and then a show of sportsmanship. she would of course get her win back eventually in a bigger rematch.

I don't know...I think i like "New Jacked" Ambrose as a face....just for a little while longer.

Astonishing Member

if ya got about 45 minutes to kill
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't know...I think i like "New Jacked" Ambrose as a face....just for a little while longer.
    huh?? are they playing natural born killers during his matches now?? if that's the case they need to sign pooh jack from hoodslam to be his manager

seriously though we've never gotten a real heel dean ambrose. being part of the heel shield kind of went against his character. i want to see the sick puppy, the street dog. i think a feud between he and rollins could be so much better with the heel/face roles playing to each guys strength.

oh yeah, this fukn guy. it's crazy for him to be having this career resurgence at his age

he'll be in this years BOLA.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    internet fans LOLOL

I absolutely agree that fans should complain if Braun has terrible matches and holds wrestlers down. All I'm saying is that if you are a fan pushing to have a green mediocre performer into the main event, you're helping to create a situation you may not like down the road. If you want a champion who is willing to put people over, you probably don't want a big no selling giant who regularly demolishes main event level stars 2-3 at a time. Vince almost certainly will be giving people what they want here... whether or not that works out for the better remains to be seen.

But more than anything, we're just talking about a portion of the internet wrestling community. If WWE works it's magic well enough, Braun like Roman will be a legit draw regardless of whether complaints or boo's pop up or not. So in large part I suppose this is all moot.

As far as Ambrose... I think he's probably a better heel than face. But I think fans want to cheer Ambrose, so turning him would sort of be swimming against the tide. Also, I think you probably would need a reason for him to turn. I suppose they could make something up.

If they do turn him I hope it's a bit down the line. I wouldn't mind a feud between Seth/Ambrose and Ziggler/Drew before Ambrose turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't actually have a serious problem with Vince pushing the big men. It makes sense that guys like Braun and Lesnar will dominate smaller superstars in certain situations.

It's all about how folks are booked. Not many folks will complain about Braun dominating Finn Balor but people will complain (and rightfully so) about a 50 year old Kane completely demolishing Balor, that's just pointless booking and it doesn't help anyone. You can make the big man look uber and also not make the smaller man look ridiculously weak.

I think we need to understand that what a lot of fans have a problem with isn't necessarily the individual superstar but the bad booking. Roman Reigns' work has really improved and he's actually had a lot of great matches but it's the booking that's the problem. Having Reigns kick out of a style clash and a styles clash on a chair is a little much. Having John Cena resist a chair shot and still beat down two (2) Nexus members is a bit much. Making Brock Lesnar a dominant champion isn't a bad idea but making Lesnar a champion that hardly ever competes is horrible and dulls the overall product.

As you rightly pointed out, WWE (and even a large portion of fans) understand that not everyone is going to put on AJ Styles level matches, I know some "smarks" like to complain about every big man but i think it's pretty obvious that a Braun Strowman isn't going to work like a Nakamura.
    If you look up "a little much" in the WWE dictionary right now, you'd probably see a picture of Braun.

Reigns and Cena can resist chair shots under certain circumstances... but Braun had like 2 dozen chair dropped on him from the ceiling, and he managed to get back up. Cena beat down 2 Nexus members... Braun was manhandling nearly half a dozen main event level guys in the Elimination Champer single handedly. The thing is, most if not all of the things you can say about Roman and Cena, you can say about Braun times two.

But it's working, so I'm not knocking the booking. Just saying it's something to think about.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Ryback is teasing a return to TV next year

Impact seems the most realistic option. He doesn't have the workrate to be hired in RoH and New Japan, he overvalues himself a WWE return is out of the question.

I absolutely agree that fans should complain if Braun has terrible matches and holds wrestlers down. All I'm saying is that if you are a fan pushing to have a green mediocre performer into the main event, you're helping to create a situation you may not like down the road. If you want a champion who is willing to put people over, you probably don't want a big no selling giant who regularly demolishes main event level stars 2-3 at a time. Vince almost certainly will be giving people what they want here... whether or not that works out for the better remains to be seen.
    i think the part you're missing is the majority of people saying to give him the belt were not clamoring for braun to get the monster push and flip diesels and all that ****, but are actually being objective and recognizing all that **** worked and he's over. so as mentioned earlier now is the time to **** or get off the pot, don't wait until people lose interest or else all that stuff was pointless(as well as the work done by other wrestlers to make him look good).

people want to generalize wrestling fans as people that are going to complain whenever the guy they like isn't getting the push and here's a case that shows they mostly want good booking regardless of who are the chosen.

But more than anything, we're just talking about a portion of the internet wrestling community. If WWE works it's magic well enough, Braun like Roman will be a legit draw regardless of whether complaints or boo's pop up or not. So in large part I suppose this is all moot.

As far as Ambrose... I think he's probably a better heel than face. But I think fans want to cheer Ambrose, so turning him would sort of be swimming against the tide. Also, I think you probably would need a reason for him to turn. I suppose they could make something up.

If they do turn him I hope it's a bit down the line. I wouldn't mind a feud between Seth/Ambrose and Ziggler/Drew before Ambrose turns.
    with their history it's not hard to come up with a reason, and dean's character shouldn't need much reason anyways, he's a troublemaker first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Ryback is teasing a return to TV next year

Impact seems the most realistic option. He doesn't have the workrate to be hired in RoH and New Japan, he overvalues himself a WWE return is out of the question.
    i'd actually be very interested to see what NJPW could get out of him. i mean they were able to get a few good years out of this guy

he was so jacked he could hardly move, rybread is actually more mobile and quicker.

Strong Man!!!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Strong Man!!!
    please educate me on who that is
    never mind https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Andersen
    or am i wrong
    Last edited by steve2275; 08-17-2018 at 03:28 AM.
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    please educate me on who that is
    never mind https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Andersen
    or am i wrong
    he wasn't very good, but they were still able to use him effectively and get some decent stuff out of him.