Page 231 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1311812212272282292302312322332342352412813317311231 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I feel he already had his breakthrough moment in his US title match with Juice in the G1 Special in the USA. They had the best match of the show and the had the crowd eating off the palm of their hand. He hand a good showing in the G1 afterwards and the new Bullet Club is being built around him.

Astonishing Member

rhea ripley intimidates me
    more than dave mastiff
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-13-2018 at 11:10 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i don't like jay white. something about him just rubs me the wrong way.

but i will say that this is the biggest match of his career and could make him if he pulls out his best. and he will need it against okada.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think having it a 3 way with Charlotte and Asuka works for a lot of reasons.

If they want to get the belt off of Becky (so she can go onto compete in the Rumble and earn a title shot at Ronda's belt), then this allows a way to get the belt off of her without losing.
    that would be brilliant. becky is white hot, so of course have her drop the belt and then lose to ronda at mania. now that's how you catch lightening in a bottle!!

And if Beckys health is a concern going into the match, then a 3 way means she can be protected a little more.

Additionally Ronda seems to have issues with both Becky and Charlotte at this point, so having both on allows them to advance that storyline.

Lastly, I honestly think it's just a better match with Charlotte in it. Not that Asuka couldn't put up a good match, but I'm not sure any woman will give Becky a better match than Charlotte right now.
    it sure as hell would be fun to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Let Cody keep it. He needs the rub right now.

I agree, the Main, Semi-main, NEVER, and RPW titles look to be the only great matches.

I don't think Okada can carry Jay to a 4 star match.

I worship the ground Okada walks on. I'm the guy that everyone blasted for saying Okada carried AJ to some great matches (I HAD PROOF EVERYBODY), so it pains me to say it.

They kinda to, don't they. BUT I LOVE IT! To be fair, they are borrowing a title, though.

I just don't see where Okada could bring out a great match from Jay. Jay has some fundamental issues. Same goes for Juice. I don't understand why people think he's become amazing because he gets carried every damn match over there. I guess he's happier, so yay for him. I do like his personality and character work.

Jay I just think is a lost cause at this point.
    i remember that LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I feel he already had his breakthrough moment in his US title match with Juice in the G1 Special in the USA. They had the best match of the show and the had the crowd eating off the palm of their hand. He hand a good showing in the G1 afterwards and the new Bullet Club is being built around him.
    i personally thought takahashi vs dragon lee was better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    January 4 2015 on axs tv aka wrestling ive not seen before LOL
    the young bucks vs rocky romero and Koslov vs kushida and alex shelley vs reDragon for the IWGP junior tag team championships
    bobby fish looks better now then than he does here as does kyle
    and kenny omega challenges the funky weapon ryusuke taguchi IWGP junior heavyweight championship
    jan 4 2015 part 2
    a j styles vs tetsuya naito (shame he cant enter the royal rumble match and ruin styles wm 35 dreams...then again I don't know his contract status or if changes his mind about not going to wwe) nxt was acknowledged (balor in nxt)
    also in this episode ishii (stone pitbull) defends the never openweight championship against makabe (unchained gorilla) battle of the tough guys
    listening to the tv interview makabe seems like a faily nice guy
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-14-2018 at 04:00 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i think that's kind of the point, that even when it would be relatively meaningless they still couldn't just let her have a win. also would've made a good talking point when promoting the match.
    It's a fair point but Asuka was a replacement for Becky in that match. (I think?) It's extremely rare for a replacement to beat an already booked WWE Superstar.

It certainly would've been a legitimized claim for Asuka to be included in Sunday's match but they just happened to find a different way of doing that.

vvv THIS vvv
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i don't like jay white. something about him just rubs me the wrong way.

but i will say that this is the biggest match of his career and could make him if he pulls out his best. and he will need it against okada.
    Jay is on the precipice ... will he do it? Okada can't just pull him along, he's got to call and carry some weight, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

that would be brilliant. becky is white hot, so of course have her drop the belt and then lose to ronda at mania. now that's how you catch lightening in a bottle!!

it sure as hell would be fun to find out.

i remember that LOL.

i personally thought takahashi vs dragon lee was better.
    Winning the Rumble, then going on to main event at Wrestlemania for the world title is a fairly standard way of pushing a hot superstar. And I think Becky vs Ronda actually might be THE actual main event at Wrestlemania too.

Though again, Becky losing the belt isn't the only way to get to that point. Ronda losing the belt, winning the Rumble, and challenging Becky for her title achieves the same result.

Which route they take I suppose might be dependent on who they want winning Wrestlemanaia, and who they want possibly switching brands with a potential title win.

Ultimate Member

He got amazing heel heat in that Juice match as well. It's pretty obvious that NJPW is positioning him to be one of their top foreign guys moving forward (especially if Omega and co end up leaving).

BANNED

Apparently Brauwn is being replaced on house shows by John Cena and that Brauwn will be available in a limited capacity at the events and at TLC, so either a squash match or interference in a match or something.

Nick Miller of the NXT tag team The Mighty has been released.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

don't know why you'd assume people who are shocked that okada's match is being considered a pissbreak means they worship him(or the ground).
    That was just me engaging in a bit of hyperbole. Admittedly though, I have seen some severe cases where some folks work themselves into a shoot and act like you slapped someone important if you don't him.

i certainly don't worship okada, but especially on this card am not taking my pissbreak during his match.
    Can't say whether I would or wouldn't, honestly.

NJPW has too many damn titles.
    Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

It kinda is. I do expect great things from the main-event and the JR title match. The tag title matches were be more interesting if they weren't triple threats.
    I have a hard time believing that Tana will be able to reign in Omega's dumber tendencies, so I'm overly skeptical of the main. Can't remember the last NJ tag match that I actually thought was good. They all seem to bleed into each other to me.

Okada is the type of guy who can get the best of out anyone he's in the ring with. He can get a banger out of a guy like Fale. I don't think the match will be pissbreak worthy because of Jay White. He's a lot better than fans like to give him credit for.
    For the record, I don't think it's *that* hard to get a banger out of a guy like Fale, you just have to play more to his strengths. A guy like Iizuka, though, is another story entirely. That dude is straight trash and dragging something out of him that's above laughable means you're all-world, lol. That being said, Okada's just one of those guys I've never really gotten the love for. Not a bad wrestler by any means, but the hype feels unwarranted compared to what I've seen of him.

I agree, the Main, Semi-main, NEVER, and RPW titles look to be the only great matches.
    Ishii/ZSJ is probably the one match I'm most looking forward to on the card.

I worship the ground Okada walks on. I'm the guy that everyone blasted for saying Okada carried AJ to some great matches (I HAD PROOF EVERYBODY), so it pains me to say it.
    Hahahahaha, I've been there before so I feel that pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I have a hard time believing that Tana will be able to reign in Omega's dumber tendencies, so I'm overly skeptical of the main. Can't remember the last NJ tag match that I actually thought was good. They all seem to bleed into each other to me.
    No one in New Japan has reigned in on Kenny and I doubt Tana would. I'm looking for to it mainly because it's a fresh match-up with two great guys. I think they only wrestled one-on-one once before.

No one in New Japan has reigned in on Kenny and I doubt Tana would. I'm looking for to it mainly because it's a fresh match-up with two great guys. I think they only wrestled one-on-one once before.
    The build has been great, too.

Is Tana back? Does he have one last run in him? Is Omega really the future? Can he claim the Ace?

Plus the new feud smell is all up in there.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

vvv THIS vvv

Jay is on the precipice ... will he do it?
    Okada can't just pull him along, he's got to call and carry some weight, too.
    imo that alone makes it not a pissbreak on this card. i like jay and want to see him break through.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Winning the Rumble, then going on to main event at Wrestlemania for the world title is a fairly standard way of pushing a hot superstar. And I think Becky vs Ronda actually might be THE actual main event at Wrestlemania too.
    if they're on their way up and going to win yes. becky's already on top and will lose to ronda.

Though again, Becky losing the belt isn't the only way to get to that point. Ronda losing the belt, winning the Rumble, and challenging Becky for her title achieves the same result.
    or they could just do champion vs champion non-title as originally planned.

Which route they take I suppose might be dependent on who they want winning Wrestlemanaia, and who they want possibly switching brands with a potential title win.
    it's not xactly a mystery that ronda will go over.

Nick Miller of the NXT tag team The Mighty has been released.
    so he asked for his release??