Page 28 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238781285281028 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

(Sees how NXT actually let babyface Kairi Sane WIN and beat the heel in the big title match).

(Sees how the MR just wont let Becky win as a babyface in a big moment, had her eat the pin yet again, and Charlotte wins again and they try to get "cute and clever" with the booking yet again)."

Yeah once again NXT>>>>>>The Main Roster in terms of booking.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    If anything, I'm just glad it's done. It was just awkward as hell since Wrestlemania.

Roman bitches how Brock is a terrible champion during the road to Wrestlemania and since that while making a ton of sense was beaten to death that Roman comes off as incredibly insufferable to watch every night he does a promo. It's really surreal that it's agreeable he has a point bout Brock, but it's satisfying to see people like Samoa Joe or Bobby Lashley (damn, even Jinder) call Roman out for never shutting up about it.

Brock's lack of appearances certainly didn't help. Paul Heyman can only do so much to make this feud bearable to care about. I mean even at the tail end of that feud at its most tiring did Paul still made it enjoyable last week (bringing up Roman's father and spoke in Samoan of something even Roman was shocked about before being maced to hell). But ****, I'm just happy this months long feud of....Stuff, ended and I hope it stays ended.

Paul Heyman deserves every fucking penny he gets really. I mean he's always been a great promo and he made Brock a million bucks through his mic work really. Its just time for Paul to become the manager of someone else. And its obvious it should be Reigns in a heel turn. And why the company can't see that is like ROH deciding that Jim Cornette should be a face GM and not realizing that 99% of fans don't wanna cheer Jim Cornette in anything (beyond his podcast and learning history stuff).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    (Sees how NXT actually let babyface Kairi Sane WIN and beat the heel in the big title match).

(Sees how the MR just wont let Becky win as a babyface in a big moment, had her eat the pin yet again, and Charlotte wins again and they try to get "cute and clever" with the booking yet again)."

It was pretty sweet to see Becky beat the crap out of Charlotte post match. Got the biggest pop of the whole show. Only in WWE where the person with a legitimate gripe is made the heel.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The fact they felt they needed to protect someone who barely defends his title is comical. I mean what the hell is the thought process there ? I get you wanna make Lesnar look great for his future UFC bout , but honestly your screwing over the guy he's gotta face and they have done that for months with Reigns. This "great chase" they booked was so shoddy booked it made Reigns look weak and people wondering when he drops the title again.

Its not like the well booked CM Punk/John Morrison ECW World title angle the company ran years ago in 2007. Morrison became champion in June (due to Benoit's issue) and the thought process was , we will get the title to Punk. So they spent that summer having Punk chase Morrison. It was Dusty who booked that angle but he knew ...Punk needs to win in the 1st big rematch they have. So in September in a "Last Chance Match" he had Punk win. (It popped ECW's last big rating on SyFy then) and did the job.

Here they had Reigns chase ...lose at the biggest event of the year , chase some more ...lose again at a big international show....chase again...and lose. Then chase at the 2nd or 3rd biggest show of the year and finally win...but not a good fair win. LOL
    It was a fair win though. There's nothing illegal or even really controversial about Brock allowing himself to be distracted. Roman taking advantage of a mistake Brock makes is still a clean win. There's nothing unfair about that.

But yes, Brock was protected. He was booked to be strong. I imagine that was something negotiated on with Brock (and possibly UFC).

Really, I think the only person that looked bad here was Braun. Brock ate the Monster Among Men alive. But I thought Roman looked fine. In fact, I thought the match was actually a little better than I was expecting it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It was pretty sweet to see Becky beat the crap out of Charlotte post match. Got the biggest pop of the whole show. Only in WWE where the person with a legitimate gripe is made the heel.
    Becky had a legit gripe, but the heelish thing was beating the crap out of Charlotte for it. Charlotte didn't aske to be put in the match... and you can't exactly fault her for taking the opportunity or trying to win.

It's easy to feel sympathetic for Becky, and I think that's a big part of why fans cheered her. But strictly speaking, Becky was clearly in the wrong there.

That said, Bayley did the same thing with Sasha and that didn't end up an actual heel turn. So MAYBE this won't be a real heel turn either and they can resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It was a fair win though. There's nothing illegal or even really controversial about Brock allowing himself to be distracted. Roman taking advantage of a mistake Brock makes is still a clean win. There's nothing unfair about that.

But yes, Brock was protected. He was booked to be strong. I imagine that was something negotiated on with Brock (and possibly UFC).

Really, I think the only person that looked bad here was Braun. Brock ate the Monster Among Men alive. But I thought Roman looked fine. In fact, I thought the match was actually a little better than I was expecting it to be.
    Roman looked like a geek. Having Lesnar deal with a bigger threat was the only way for Roman to get the win. Roman looked unbelievably bad.

Roman looked like a geek. Having Lesnar deal with a bigger threat was the only way for Roman to get the win. Roman looked unbelievably bad.
    I don't think he looks like a geek for being able to take advantage of a situation that was presented to him. He saw an opeing and took it.

Booking wise, it was a very utilitarian finish. It was a way to negate Braun cashing in, while keeping Brock strong looking and still giving Roman a perfectly clean win. It doesn't make Roman look as dominat as possible, which might have been the ideal outcome purely from the WWE perspective... but again, I imagine there was some obligation to keep Brock looking strong.

It does also leave the window wide open for Brock to return if WWE and him decide to continue doing business down the line.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-20-2018 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think he looks like a geek for being able to take advantage of a situation that was presented to him. He saw an opeing and took it.

Booking wise, it was a very utilitarian finish. It was a way to negate Braun cashing in, while keeping Brock strong looking and still giving Roman a perfectly clean win. It doesn't make Roman look as dominat as possible, which might have been the ideal outcome purely from the WWE perspective... but again, I imagine there was some obligation to keep Brock looking strong.
    Roman is suppose to be dominant. The man is suppose to cut from the same mold as Hogan and Cena. This victory gave him nothing to overcome. Roman was always booked in a way that had him just straight up beat a guy where you can't question it. That's not what happened here. The man can't beat Lesnar unless there's a bigger threat than himself. This isn't a good look for the kind of "face" Roman is suppose to be.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

Agreed 100%.

The NXT women's title match made both women look great. This is something the main roster bookers have struggled with for some reason.

I honestly don't foresee much for Becky. Maybe there's something WWE is seeing that we aren't but ultimately they seem most comfortable putting the belt on Charlotte.

Astonishing Member

Another thing I didn't care for was the end of the Rousy match, Natty who has put in more time in the women's division than anyone currently on the roster, who has been booked as a close friend of Rhonda and who was a true pro even though a father she adored just recently passed, showed up at SummerSlam but was pushed aside for the Bellas??? WTH no real Rhonda connection, just the Bellas trying to get some undeserved spotlight imho. Saw the picture on ESPN website Rhonda each arm being held up by a Bella with Natty off to the side it just felt WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Another thing I didn't care for was the end of the Rousy match, Natty who has put in more time in the women's division than anyone currently on the roster, who has been booked as a close friend of Rhonda and who was a true pro even though a father she adored just recently passed, showed up at SummerSlam but was pushed aside for the Bellas??? WTH no real Rhonda connection, just the Bellas trying to get some undeserved spotlight imho. Saw the picture on ESPN website Rhonda each arm being held up by a Bella with Natty off to the side it just felt WRONG.
    My money is that it was staged for Total Divas and Nattie and Bellas aren't besties any more over Ronda who has now joined the cast.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Astonishing Member

unless the plan isn't to make Roman the 'face' of the company but to just put the belt on him, paving the way for the heel turn, alliance with Paul E. but I would have preferred a clean squash hell they let Goldberg do it to Brock (twice) why not Roman???

Roman is suppose to be dominant. The man is suppose to cut from the same mold as Hogan and Cena. This victory gave him nothing to overcome. Roman was always booked in a way that had him just straight up beat a guy where you can't question it. That's not what happened here. The man can't beat Lesnar unless there's a bigger threat than himself. This isn't a good look for the kind of "face" Roman is suppose to be.
    Normally Roman IS dominant. He's dominant against anyone whose first name isn't Brock and whose last name isn't Lesnar. Look at what Brock did to Cena the last 2 or so times they wrestled.

Brock is a special case. Because of his UFC success, he's perceived as more than just another WWE guy. Because Brock is a special attraction of sorts, he's protected even from WWE's top guy. But because it's Brock Lesnar I don't think that makes Roman or anyone else for matter look weak. At this point in Brocks career, if you can beat him by any means you accomplished something. Because he's so protected and because he's the most credible athlete in the modern era, even accomplishing that is a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Purely speculation... but I think they're setting up a feud there.

I think the original plan was to have Nattie eventually turn on Ronda and feud with her for the belt. But I don't think they necessarily wanna do a heel turn now. So I think they're swapping that with the Bellas turning on Ronda.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed 100%.

The NXT women's title match made both women look great. This is something the main roster bookers have struggled with for some reason.

I honestly don't foresee much for Becky. Maybe there's something WWE is seeing that we aren't but ultimately they seem most comfortable putting the belt on Charlotte.
    I think this will actually be the biggest push of Beckys career.

She's starting a feud with Charlotte, so that's not only a feud with the current champ but also the top female in the industry. The only question mark is whether or not Becky will win. My guess is that they will do what they did with Charlotte and Sasha back on RAW, and have them swap victories and the title before Charlotte ultimately comes out on top. But I still think for Becky that's a big push. But we'll see.