Page 137 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 37871271331341351361371381391401411471872376371137 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 19298
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

WWE had a bunch of analytics at their disposal but doesn't make use of any of them.

BANNED

Hardy Halloween will follow Evolution

BANNED

So a thought occurred

If Cena and Bryan are pulling out...what if WWE decide to give away Bryan vs Styles on Smackdown next week, have Styles drop the belt to Bryan, then have Styles take Cena's spot in the world cup?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    So a thought occurred

If Cena and Bryan are pulling out...what if WWE decide to give away Bryan vs Styles on Smackdown next week, have Styles drop the belt to Bryan, then have Styles take Cena's spot in the world cup?
    Honestly I'm not sure they want to give a world title match between those two away for free on Smackdown. Plus... I'm iffy whether they'd give Bryan the world title for choosing to boycott a major WWE event (even though I'm sure they understand his reasons).

I think the easier option is just to have someone beat the crap out of Bryan on Smackdown, forcing Paige to find a last minute replacement. Maybe they could pull the Miz out of the World Cup to wrestler AJ, and change the format of the world cup to two to qualifying triple threats and the winners going on to wrestle one on one.

Bryan is easy to replace because they do can do some sort of angle on Smackdown. Cena is a bit trickier since he doesn't show up for RAW and never had to qualify in the first place.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

If anybody takes the WWE Title off of AJ, it'll be Miz so they can build to Bryan beating him at WM and close the book on that story for good, IMO. I think they'll replace Bryan with Joe(unless he's hurt again and I missed it), Rusev, or Shinsuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    If anybody takes the WWE Title off of AJ, it'll be Miz so they can build to Bryan beating him at WM and close the book on that story for good, IMO. I think they'll replace Bryan with Joe(unless he's hurt again and I missed it), Rusev, or Shinsuke.
    Yeah, I'm hearing Joe is injured again. Not sure if it's true or not but if it is, I sadly think Joe is starting to come off as injury prone. Which is a shame because I think he's arguably the best heel in the company. The stuff he did with AJ during their feud was awesome. At the time I thought Joe should have won the belt.. but if he's injured, obviously that couldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac
    Yeah, I'm hearing Joe is injured again. Not sure if it's true or not but if it is, I sadly think Joe is starting to come off as injury prone. Which is a shame because I think he's arguably the best heel in the company. The stuff he did with AJ during their feud was awesome. At the time I thought Joe should have won the belt.. but if he's injured, obviously that couldn't happen.
    No doubt! One of the best on the mic too.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

logic would dictate: Hogan for Cena. and Miz for Bryan.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    I wouldn't think Hogan would actually wrestle anymore and just do cameo apperances and whatnot.

Mizz is already in the tournament.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Astonishing Member

ring of honor wrestling on komo 4 seattle
    scorpio sky took on adam page
    shane taylor takes on eli isom (who is outweighed by 108 lbs) plus post match activities
    jushin thunder liger and kushida take on jonathan gresham and the ring of honor world champion jay lethal

Last edited by steve2275; 10-28-2018 at 12:18 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I'm doubtful there's ANY match on the Smackdown roster fans would want to see more than Charlotte vs Becky right now. Asuke and Becky might be a distant second, but both in regards to match quality and emotional investment I think Charlotte vs Becky would blow anything else they have put out or likely will put out, short of Ronda. This will be bigger than any other feud Becky could have.
    that's saying a lot. almost as impressive as being the tallest midget, ALMOST.

And yes, they have seen these 2 wrestle, though not so frequently that I think people are actually tired of it. It's a legit feud, so you're going to get multiple matches. That's exactly HOW you book a feud properly, especially in a divsion as small as the womand divsion where there's like 8 or so people in it. You have those same people wrestle multiple times, with the feud escalating towards the gimmick matches to settle things. Hence the first Last Womans standing match. If you're going to do a "first even" match, you ideally want a feud with your best workers in a match fans are emotionally invested in. And they are getting that with Becky and Charlotte.
    thanks for xplaining how feuds work.

they're trying to get people to boo becky and cheer charlotte, they're failing on both ends.

confiscated signs??

that would be a shame. they hire these guys 10yrs later than they should have and then view them as injury prone.

abyss worked in socal friday tagging with sinn bohdi against jacob fatu & josef(almighty sheik). hopefully ths can lead to fatu working impact soon. then again it's impact so they might bring sheik & bohdi instead.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that's saying a lot. almost as impressive as being the tallest midget, ALMOST.

thanks for xplaining how feuds work.

they're trying to get people to boo becky and cheer charlotte, they're failing on both ends.

confiscated signs??

that would be a shame. they hire these guys 10yrs later than they should have and then view them as injury prone.

abyss worked in socal friday tagging with sinn bohdi against jacob fatu & josef(almighty sheik). hopefully ths can lead to fatu working impact soon. then again it's impact so they might bring sheik & bohdi instead.
    If they are suceeding at getting fans emotionally invested, then ultimately it's a sucess. That's the point. Generating content people are emotionally invested in enough to watch is ultimately how WWE pays the bills. They don't generate income by the type of heat, but rather by the degree of it. And I'm doubtful any other Smackdown feud could match this.

As far as getting Joe past his prime... yeah, that is the downside of hiring older wrestlers. They are potentially more injury prone and obviously have a shorter shelf life. With some exceptions, they're probably not guys you want building your company around (perhaps why Joe didn't beat AJ). But as we're seeing with Joe, even if they're not necessarily capable of carrying the load a top star is required to, they potentially still have value. Which I think is why we're seeing WWE be more willing to sign older wrestlers.

AJ obviously worked out fine, so there are exceptions.
    Last edited by XPac; 10-28-2018 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    I'm iffy over whether logic dictates Hogan should ever step into a WWE ring to perform ever again. Not a hater or anything... but that's something you REALLY want to think about for a variety of reasons.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I'm iffy over whether logic dictates Hogan should ever step into a WWE ring to perform ever again. Not a hater or anything... but that's something you REALLY want to think about for a variety of reasons.
    Well his health would be a big reason given his back surgeries.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

If they are suceeding at getting fans emotionally invested, then ultimately it's a sucess. That's the point. Generating content people are emotionally invested in enough to watch is ultimately how WWE pays the bills. They don't generate income by the type of heat, but rather by the degree of it. And I'm doubtful any other Smackdown feud could match this.
    Everything wrong and missing here I’ve already pointed out, so I’ll ju say......confiscated signs??

As far as getting Joe past his prime... yeah, that is the downside of hiring older wrestlers. They are potentially more injury prone and obviously have a shorter shelf life. With some exceptions, they're probably not guys you want building your company around (perhaps why Joe didn't beat AJ). But as we're seeing with Joe, even if they're not necessarily capable of carrying the load a top star is required to, they potentially still have value. Which I think is why we're seeing WWE be more willing to sign older wrestlers.
    Should have hired a bunch of those guys 10yrs earlier.

Evolution looks like ass twice warmed over to me. Anybody going to watch PROGRESS tonight?? Walter vs zsj & thatcher vs tyler bate should be pretty great.