Page 168 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 681181581641651661671681691701711721782182686681168 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 19298

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    I like her newfound spunk.
    Deep down I think almost all wrestlers prefer being heels. It just seems funner.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Deep down I think almost all wrestlers prefer being heels. It just seems funner.
    It's just like with actors who love to play the villain. The bad guy's motivation is usually more complex and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio
    It's just like with actors who love to play the villain. The bad guy's motivation is usually more complex and interesting.
    Plus, it's said that the bigger face you are, the better heel you are.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Plus, it's said that the bigger face you are, the better heel you are.
    THese days I almost think the ONLY way to become a top face is to first become a top heel.

Astonishing Member

ring of honor wrestling on komo 4 seattle
    shane taylor is currently taking on jeff cobb(no longer with L U)
    the bouncers (725 lbs) take on cheeseburger and eli isom (352 lbs)
    jay lethal Johnathan Gresham and Dalton castle take on the kingdom
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-11-2018 at 01:16 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    agreed, i guess i should've clarified that i was speaking for me personally not the general audience.

i tried to watch some DG the other day but didn't get into it. it just looked so much the same as like 8yrs ago. hey beastie be sure to spread some of that network money around, try a month of highspots, EVOLVE, chikara(if you're into that kind of thing), and PROGRESS too.

speaking of PROGRESS, hello wembley was pretty damn good. 1 thing though, i really HATE all the finger breaking stuff in the UK wrestling scene now. its just so overdone and imo small joint manipulation should be illegal anyways. dragunov vs dunne was fukn awesome but i absolutely HATED the finish.
    I always buy CHIKARA ... and every time I wish they were on Cartoon Network or something. Add some animated spots in between and kids would eat wrestling up again.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

People are breaking fingers ? Well..i do remember Tommy Dreamer vs Raven had that in a match where Dreamer had his fingers broke at one point. But that was a 1 time deal and I never really saw them do it after it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    People are breaking fingers ? Well..i do remember Tommy Dreamer vs Raven had that in a match where Dreamer had his fingers broke at one point. But that was a 1 time deal and I never really saw them do it after it.
    If people are legitimately breaking fingers, that's all kinds of messed up.

But if it's just a storyline thing where they are picking a particular body part to work on I guess that's okay. UK wrestling seems to have picked up on small joint manipulation getting a nice pop from the fans. Which naturally translates to it being overdone, eventually to the point where it stops getting a nice pop from the fans.

Still, if it's not against the rules it sort of makes sense for people to do it, within the storylines of course.

Astonishing Member

THese days I almost think the ONLY way to become a top face is to first become a top heel.
    That's the WWE strategy.

You kind of need a Bayley, Kairi Sane type gimmick if you start as a face. Or be built like an underdog (Rey Mysterio) type.

Astonishing Member

But if it's just a storyline thing where they are picking a particular body part to work on I guess that's okay. UK wrestling seems to have picked up on small joint manipulation getting a nice pop from the fans. Which naturally translates to it being overdone, eventually to the point where it stops getting a nice pop from the fans.
    Shayna Baszler does some painful looking joint bending stuff like that now. Not quite like the UK stuff but it was unique and I had never seen any of that offense before.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan
    That's the WWE strategy.

You kind of need a Bayley, Kairi Sane type gimmick if you start as a face. Or be built like an underdog (Rey Mysterio) type.
    Traditionally you start a wrestler off as heel and organically over time fans will begin to like them and they become a face. Of course, the business has evolved so the lines are blurred nowadays. Still, you're right about the type of face a wrestler has to be.
    If you ever attended a WWE house show, PPV or non-TV taping live event take this survey: https://forms.gle/vov5q3465p2GrJq68

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Starting off with a match already. Dang.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

are we gonna have a repeat of earlier this year?

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

....Braun is gonna recruit Nicholas again, isn't he?