Page 240 of 1287 FirstFirst ... 1401902302362372382392402412422432442502903407401240 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 19298
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Again let Braun win it at the RR and go for there. We don't need to basically repeat the Roman vs. Brock storyline, just with Seth this time.
    If/when Strowman doesn't win at the Royal Rumble, there's no point in getting behind him. He will be the collateral damage of Vince's long-term plans that have horrifically backfired.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Rollins being a fighting work horse Universal champion would go a long ways towards helping the Universal title, since he's basically everything Brock isn't. So I'm hoping Rollins wins the Rumble and goes on to beat Lesnar at Wrestlemania. I think Rollins right now is probably the best long term bet for being RAWs top guy, at least till Roman comes back.
    They need to change that story though because they had Reigns go through it for 4 months and it became stale around SummerSlam. Vince has to create interesting feuds for Rollins that will elevate the Universal Championship. That will add prestige to the title much more than Rollins wrestling day in and day out against random WWE Superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Smackdown's wwe title, and women's title are already great just need to tweak the tag division and fix the mid card.
    I honestly don't understand why they didn't let Shinsuke go through with his Nakamerica gimmick. That Blackmass Design photo he posted on Twitter "Make Nakamerica Great Again" was brilliant.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 12-18-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Ultimate Member

Paige being removed as GM was BS, she's dine nothing to deserve losing her job.

Hopefully Mustafa Ali's push continues and this is the start of them finally given Almas some good stuff to do.

I'm not sure what Vince was talking about with Becky? She was doing exactly what Vince claims she should do, so him scolding her a Charlotte like they were children felt, odd.

Rusev needs to be pushed as a consistent main eventer, he's the total package and his potential is being wasted.

Joe continues to be awesome, and Jeff was great as well.

They need to find some new challengers for Asuka.

Etc.

Overall decent show, and FAR better than Raw was.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Paige being removed as GM was BS, she's dine nothing to deserve losing her job.

Hopefully Mustafa Ali's push continues and this is the start of them finally given Almas some good stuff to do.

I'm not sure what Vince was talking about with Becky? She was doing exactly what Vince claims she should do, so him scolding her a Charlotte like they were children felt, odd.

Rusev needs to be pushed as a consistent main eventer, he's the total package and his potential is being wasted.

Joe continues to be awesome, and Jeff was great as well.

They need to find some new challengers for Asuka.

Etc.

Overall decent show, and FAR better than Raw was.
    I think you read my mind.

Astonishing Member

The McMahons being "hands on" removes the need for a General Manager. Hopefully they have something good for Paige because she's really warming up into that type of role.

Ali and Almas could very well be the future of Smackdown. They should fill in that void of mid-card talent for awhile.

Vince's comment about Becky's behavior was weird. I wish they let Becky call Vince out on how they've booked her for the past few years and she took it upon herself to finally "grab the brass rings." Becky's fire is slowly burning at the moment but once the Royal Rumble comes around, The Man can be the brightest thing in WWE heading into Wrestlemania.

Asuka needs good Heels and, sadly, the only good one is Charlotte. (I don't consider Becky to be a Heel.) The only way to legitimize Asuka as a top class Women's Champion is to be in a program with Charlotte and beat her at Wrestlemania.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 12-19-2018 at 12:06 AM.

Ultimate Member

Also it's hilarious that freaking Vince, who's spent the last 20 years playing one of the most petty, vindictive, and obsessive characters ever (and who has a known vindictive/petty streak IRL as well) telling other people to "get over it."

Pot meet kettle.

Asuka using the Codebreaker was cool, hopefully she makes that a more consistent part of her moveset.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    The McMahons being "hands on" removes the need for a General Manager. Hopefully they have something good for Paige because she's really warming up into that type of role.

Ali and Almas could very well be the future of Smackdown. They should fill in that void of mid-card talent for awhile.

Vince's comment about Becky's behavior was weird. I wish they let Becky call Vince out on how they've booked her for the past few years and she took it upon herself to finally "grab the brass rings." Becky's fire is slowly burning at the moment but once the Royal Rumble comes around, The Man can be the brightest thing in WWE heading into Wrestlemania.

Asuka needs good Heels and, sadly, the only good one is Charlotte. (I don't consider Becky to be a Heel.) The only way to legitimize Asuka as a top class Women's Champion is to be in a program with Charlotte and beat her at Wrestlemania.
    The Iconics are pretty good heels, but they sort of lack credibility. Asuka,Charlotte and Becky have both managed to essentially beat both at one time in the past, so they are somewhat watered down. Still, because they have numbers it's not impossible to quickly build them up if they wanted to get a stronger push.

But yeah, Charlotte is basically the only real threat. I imagine that'll be Asuka's Wrestlemania opponent because really who else can it be?

Astonishing Member

Vince chastising Becky without allowing her to talk back was the wrong call but I'm not putting too much into his "get over it" attitude as I am with his "do something about it" attitude. Sooner or later, they're going to need to let Becky go off on Rhonda without any interruptions. Especially from Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The Iconics are pretty good heels, but they sort of lack credibility. Asuka,Charlotte and Becky have both managed to essentially beat both at one time in the past, so they are somewhat watered down. Still, because they have numbers it's not impossible to quickly build them up if they wanted to get a stronger push.

But yeah, Charlotte is basically the only real threat. I imagine that'll be Asuka's Wrestlemania opponent because really who else can it be?
    The IIconics don't work well in singles competition but are best when teamed together. I would have no problem with them being the first Smackdown Women's Tag Team Champions.

Sonya Deville would be my go-to for building up a future singles Heel for Asuka after Charlotte but it seems like it'll more than likely go to Mandy Rose. I honestly wouldn't mind Lacey Evans as a future contender either.
    Last edited by Angelo2113; 12-19-2018 at 12:38 AM.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Shane literally said that Paige was still going to be around, so not really getting why folks are worried about her. She'll probably still occupy a pseudo-GM role on SDL for when none of the McMahons/HHH can be there kayfabe-wise.

As for Becky and Vince, he basically gave her carte blanche to to get payback on Ronda however she wanted. Not seeing what the actual issue is there.

Astonishing Member

The General Manager role is gone until the McMahon takeover is done which more than likely won't be any time soon. They don't want to acknowledge Raw as being the only damaged product so they're taking over Smackdown as well...a brand that doesn't really need to be taken over and a General Manager role that didn't need to really disappear. There were certainly a lot of strong improvements this week but whether or not it was a result of the McMahon takeover is questionable. It didn't necessarily feel forced by intervention.

The opening segment was written kind of poorly but Vince's "do something about it" attitude was certainly the highlight...except they didn't really do anything with that. The camera shows Becky saying "I will!" but there was no focus on that other than seeing it on camera. There was no dialogue between the women and Vince so it fell flat.

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Ali and Almas would be a great program for both competitors. It already has a good beginning and can really take off during the Royal Rumble.

Ultimate Member

Vince chastising Becky without allowing her to talk back was the wrong call but I'm not putting too much into his "get over it" attitude as I am with his "do something about it" attitude. Sooner or later, they're going to need to let Becky go off on Rhonda without any interruptions. Especially from Charlotte.

The IIconics don't work well in singles competition but are best when teamed together. I would have no problem with them being the first Smackdown Women's Tag Team Champions.

Sonya Deville would be my go-to for building up a future singles Heel for Asuka after Charlotte but it seems like it'll more than likely go to Mandy Rose. I honestly wouldn't mind Lacey Evans as a future contender either.
    Put Nikki Cross on SDL, those two had a great feud in NXT. And move Sasha over to SDL as well, we got teased with that cool Sasha vs. Asuka match on Raw awhile back, so I'd love to see those two have a proper feud with each other.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    January 4 2015 on axs tv aka wrestling ive not seen before LOL
    the young bucks vs rocky romero and Koslov vs kushida and alex shelley vs reDragon for the IWGP junior tag team championships
    bobby fish looks better now then than he does here as does kyle
    and kenny omega challenges the funky weapon ryusuke taguchi IWGP junior heavyweight championship
    part 5 the main event of wrestle kingdom 9
    kazuchika okada vs IWGP champion hiroshi tanahashi (and yeah id totally wanna see them as a team in NXT) I have tanaokada in my wwe2K19
    I wont stop saying what id like to see even if it never happens
    https://twitter.com/stevo2275/status...39554796662784
    https://twitter.com/WWEDozovic/statu...56846274514945 sounds like heavy machiney has made up thier minds
    then again LOL
    https://twitter.com/TuckerKnightWWE/...15285349740544 like I said makes sense #RAW needs the boost
    Last edited by steve2275; 12-19-2018 at 03:49 AM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I think the Iconics work fine as singles heels because it means any face wrestling them needs to deal with the numbers game. And that makes them at least a moderate threat to any face because they are always outnumbered unless they get back up to even the odds.

Which isn't to say they aren't a ready made tag team if they ever need get a tag division, but Peyton can be a singles competitor with Billie at ringside if they need someone in a pinch.

If Smackdown gets Nikki (which they probably will since Sanity is on Smackdown), that's probably the best choice. The only question mark is if she's a heel or face, since she's sort of been a tweener for awhile.

Astonishing Member

It's about Wrestlemania season--maybe we are getting Nikki Bella coming back to face Asuka.