Page 39 of 357 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    First of Ororo is a goddess.. Let it go.
    Second, Storm isnt doin anything noteworthy in this series other than appearing in flashback sequences; therefore, she isnt being treated better than tchalla so you can stop with that talking point.
    Third, you don't have to give him credit but when a writer shows tchalla being revered for the things you especially have given tchalla credit for (the mephisto scan which in fact he did thrash him when he defeated him the first encounter when tchalla fought him on earth) yet you trash him over what his name translates to is comes off like you are being petty. Kind of like when you accused me of being silly even though it was you looking like that because I found a scan that contradicted an incorrect point you were making.

no. tchallas name simply translates to "he who put the blade where it belongs" which appears to be a common and revered statement as indicated by your scan and MOS'.
    T'Challa name translates to no such thing so in your own words, just stop.

That phrase comes from one of the many useless and irrelevant throw away scenes Hickman threw into his New Avengers book to generate justification for aimless plot points that in the long run, served as a foundation for the chumping of T'Challa that Coates has selectively chosen to further within the pages of the current BP supposed solo book.

Actual BP enthusiasts are taking the time out to let you know What's really real as regards established BP lore but you consistently choose to ignore what heads are telling you on a whim.

The phrase "put the blade where it belongs" was never part of the BP Mythos and in the wake of an actual Spear of Bashenga that is acknowledged within said Mythos, is rendered all the more nonsensical for it's usage by Hickman and Coates in their respective derailment of T'Challa and Wakanda's forward progression within the MU.

Very few actual BP enthusiasts feel the need to be pacified by a weak writers attempts to pacify discerning readers not given to being easily impressed by empty spectacle and bombast.

All we require is for our favoured characters and Mythos to be handled with respect.

Unfortunately Coates has no intention of doing this.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    T'Challa name translates to no such thing so in your own words, just stop.

That phrase comes from one of the many useless and irrelevant throw away scenes Hickman threw into his New Avengers book to generate justification for aimless plot points that in the long run, served as a foundation for the chumping of T'Challa that Coates has selectively chosen to further within the pages of the current BP supposed solo book.

Actual BP enthusiasts are taking the time out to let you know What's really real as regards established BP lore but you consistently choose to ignore what heads are telling you on a whim.

The phrase "put the blade where it belongs" was never part of the BP Mythos and in the wake of an actual Spear of Bashenga that is acknowledged within said Mythos, is rendered all the more nonsensical for it's usage by Hickman and Coates in their respective derailment of T'Challa and Wakanda's forward progression within the MU.

Very few actual BP enthusiasts feel the need to be pacified by a weak writers attempts to pacify discerning readers not given to be easily impressed by empty spectacle and bombast.

All we require is for our favoured characters and Mythos to be handled with respect.

Unfortunately Coates has no intention of doing this.
    1. Did Tchalla name ever translate into any other meaning before Coates canonized what his name translates to for this future race of people? Why would it be an issue that a future race of wakandas translated his name to mean this; why is it such an issue for you? also you are telling me to stop but I have a scan from.issue 3 that says otherwise.

2. So from what I am understanding it seems the issue (for you at least) is that Coates chose to define his name from a run you dont respect, correct?

3. I'm not choosing to ignore anything. I believe Ezyo was the only one to mention it was a New Avengers scene and to be honest it wasnt clear if by "scene" they meant the actual stabbing of Namor, the actual phrase itself or both.

4. I personally dont see what Coates did with reference to Hickman's run as a means to derail Tchallas progression. It seemed Coates picked elements from Tchallas life that demonstrated moments of greatness (for Coates): him defeating a god - Mephisto, him loving a goddess, him giving a foe a taste of their own medicine for the destruction of Wakanda. This is of course just my interpretation of what Coates was wanting to demonstrate.

5. We all have our opinions and everyone's taste are different. Unfortunately even if tchalla was written in the way BP enthusiasts preferred there are certain to be some who would have issue with it and may even conclude the same as you have that is he isnt being treated respectfully. I personally am enjoying his stories, as others are, and I'm curious to see how this particular saga will conclude.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-20-2018 at 09:19 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

First of Ororo is a goddess.. Let it go.
    Second, Storm isnt doin anything noteworthy in this series other than appearing in flashback sequences; therefore, she isnt being treated better than tchalla so you can stop with that talking point.
    Third, you don't have to give him credit but when a writer shows tchalla being revered for the things you yourself referenced as evidence of him being able to beat adversary (the mephisto scan which in fact he did thrash him when he defeated him the first encounter when tchalla fought him on earth) yet you trash him over what his name translates to is comes off like you are being petty. Kind of like when you accused me of being silly even though it was you looking like that because I found a scan that contradicted an incorrect point you were making.

and before I go because you keep bringing her up, what has ororo done in this run that indicates coates is making her better than tchalla?

no. tchallas name simply translates to "he who put the blade where it belongs" which appears to be a common and revered statement as indicated by your scan and MOS'.
    It's a sad thing when one cannot for a real rebuttal or argument and so therefore resorts to making up things said or putting words in ones mouth and then trying to counter it.

Nah storm ain't no goddess. Sorry. 2 what did Coates have her do? Oh that's right, bear adversary in Tchallas book, on some ole bullisht.

Coates didn't Even get it right. That's the thing your failing to see. He didn't even get the cannon correct. Thrashing Mephisto would of been cool to see for sure but that's not what happened. Tchalla decked him and ripped his heart out and that was the end of it. The big defeat is when he trick's Mephisto into taking in the souls of the panthers. Klaw cannot be banished as he was never Wakandan so that's off. And Tchalla failed to Kill Namor Which is now what his name means. It ain't being pett dear butterfly. It's seeing through the bullisht.

Abd you didn't Even counter my point about the knife thing because I never said "Tchalla had never stabbed anybody ever in the history of his publication" and even then you were trying to say Coates has shown him stabbing someone with a knife and he hasn't as that was Evans book.

Finally I never said Coates was making her better then Tchalla (though he did punk T'Challa out by having Storm defeat adversary with some thrown under the bus isht for T'Challa and Wakanda) I said people here see through the bullisht and aren't stuck on some "OMG he is treating Storm Better then her actual franchise Coates is the greatest ever" I mean, you quoted me yet you are here trying to add stuff to support your argument? Come on now..

hmmmm... I see what you are saying now. I have a question, when was the phrase "put the blade where it belongs" first utilized? is this a traditional thing that goes back years and years or is it something that can to be under tchallas time. I ask because if is something that came to be around tchalla rule then what you propose is possible. however if it's a phrase that has been around as long the name as tchalla has been around I would say it came about prior to tchalla reign as well.
    The scans when Shuri gives it to him.

BANNED

1. Did Tchalla name ever translate into any other meaning before Coates canonized what his name translates to for this future race of people? Why would it be an issue that a future race of wakandas translated his name to mean this; why is it such an issue for you?

2. So from what I am understanding it seems the issue (for you at least) is that Coates chose to define his name from a run you dont respect, correct?

3. I'm not choosing to ignore anything. I believe Ezyo was the only one to mention it was a New Avengers scene and to be honest it wasnt clear if by "scene" they meant the actual stabbing of Namor, the actual phrase itself or both.

4. I personally dont see what Coates did with reference to Hickman's run as a means to derail Tchallas progression. It seemed Coates picked elements from Tchallas life that demonstrated moments of greatness (for Coates): him defeating a god - Mephisto, him loving a goddess, him giving a foe a taste of their own medicine for the destruction of Wakanda. This is of course just my interpretation of what Coates was wanting to demonstrate.

5. We all have our opinions and everyone's taste are different. Unfortunately even if tchalla was written in the way BP enthusiasts preferred there are certain to be some who would have issue with it and may even conclude the same as you have that is he isnt being treated respectfully. I personally am enjoying his stories, as others are, and I'm curious to see how this particular saga will conclude.
    My issue is that Coates is bar none, the most wilfully ignorant of BP lore indivduals to have ever penned a BP series to date.

Hickman's eventual misuse of T'Challa in his New Avengers was not a BP run by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyone who's actually familiar with a lot more of the BP Mythos than one or two runs, would know that the only blade of any relevance to said Mythos is the Spear of Bashenga and even in the absence of exhaustive book based knowledge, Wikipedia has more than enough core info for newer readers to do due diligence as regards research.

Coming into an appreciation thread and for the most part disregarding what knowledgeable posters are saying, isn't the look but as you've said, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I'm tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's a sad thing when one cannot for a real rebuttal or argument and so therefore resorts to making up things said or putting words in ones mouth and then trying to counter it.

Nah storm ain't no goddess. Sorry. 2 what did Coates have her do? Oh that's right, bear adversary in Tchallas book, on some ole bullisht.

Coates didn't Even get it right. That's the thing your failing to see. He didn't even get the cannon correct. Thrashing Mephisto would of been cool to see for sure but that's not what happened. Tchalla decked him and ripped his heart out and that was the end of it. The big defeat is when he trick's Mephisto into taking in the souls of the panthers. Klaw cannot be banished as he was never Wakandan so that's off. And Tchalla failed to Kill Namor Which is now what his name means. It ain't being pett dear butterfly. It's seeing through the bullisht.

Abd you didn't Even counter my point about the knife thing because I never said "Tchalla had never stabbed anybody ever in the history of his publication" and even then you were trying to say Coates has shown him stabbing someone with a knife and he hasn't as that was Evans book.

Finally I never said Coates was making her better then Tchalla (though he did punk T'Challa out by having Storm defeat adversary with some thrown under the bus isht for T'Challa and Wakanda) I said people here see through the bullisht and aren't stuck on some "OMG he is treating Storm Better then her actual franchise Coates is the greatest ever" I mean, you quoted me yet you are here trying to add stuff to support your argument? Come on now..
    ok beloved. I wont go back and forth with you about canon.

I think you are just nitpicking now. to thrash someone meant he defeated or beat him, which is what happened. the knife stabbing was to counter your point it has not been done anywhere in canon (look at your original post).

and I stand corrected. how you worded your post it appeared you was saying what I originally stated.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    My issue is that Coates is bar none, the most wilfully ignorant of BP lore indivduals to have ever penned a BP series to date.

Hickman's eventual misuse of T'Challa in his New Avengers was not a BP run by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyone who's actually familiar with a lot more of the BP Mythos than one or two runs, would know that the only blade of any relevance to said Mythos is the Spear of Bashenga and even in the absence of exhaustive book based knowledge, Wikipedia has more than enough core info for newer readers to do due diligence as regards research.

Coming into an appreciation thread and for the most part disregarding what knowledgeable posters are saying, isn't the look but as you've said, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

I'm tired.
    1. I do recall someone saying he hasn't read any stuff prior to writing him with his previous run, but his mephisto refence does indicate he has some knowledge I would argue.

2. lolol fair enough. I wont argue with u there. I have runs I ignore too.

3. ok. I'm not sure what to say to this (is the issue a blade was used as opposed to a spear) but fair enough.

4. and I never disregard anyone or their post. I make my case as I understand things. no poster clearly stated the issue with the language used outside of yourself. I still dont see the big deal per say but considering you are more knowledgeable I won't press it. what I was seeing was what appeared to be, coated said his name means blah blah blah and therefore he sucks without any clear explanation at to why. but again fair enough.

and rest easy my friend. till next time.

You don't need to be from a plance to be banished from it. A judge for example can banish media from a courtroom during a case... does't mean the media live in the court room. Just means they are forced to leave and aren't allowed back unless they are given permission.

You're using the term banish interchangeably with exile, which means to remove from ones home. All exiled people are banished, but not all banished people are exiled.

I find it funny that Tchalla recorded stabbing Namor. Maybe he planned to watch it like football highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You don't need to be from a plance to be banished from it. A judge for example can banish media from a courtroom during a case... does't mean the media live in the court room. Just means they are forced to leave and aren't allowed back unless they are given permission.

You're using the term banish interchangeably with exile, which means to remove from ones home. All exiled people are banished, but not all banished people are exiled.
    I think it's the wrong phrase to use too. "Banishe the Usurper" made it seem like Klaw lived there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I find it funny that Tchalla recorded stabbing Namor. Maybe he planned to watch it like football highlights.
    We might be overthinking it, but I'm wondering of those aren't just computer generated re-enactments of past historic events or whatever. Because I would find it somewhat odd that T'Challa was recording any of the stuff we saw. If he were recording it, I'd assume the recording device would be somewhere on his suit and we'd get more of a first person view point than third person.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    We might be overthinking it, but I'm wondering of those aren't just computer generated re-enactments of past historic events or whatever. Because I would find it somewhat odd that T'Challa was recording any of the stuff we saw. If he were recording it, I'd assume the recording device would be somewhere on his suit and we'd get more of a first person view point than third person.
    They were in a flying platform. Plenty of places for a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think it's the wrong phrase to use too. "Banishe the Usurper" made it seem like Klaw lived there.
    Again, exile the ursurper would mean the person lived there.

Anyone can be banished.

The second panel suggest that the name started with Tchalla. Because the beginning of the statement can only refer to current Tchalla.

ok beloved. I wont go back and forth with you about canon.

I think you are just nitpicking now. to thrash someone meant he defeated or beat him, which is what happened. the knife stabbing was to counter your point it has not been done anywhere in canon (look at your original post).

and I stand corrected. how you worded your post it appeared you was saying what I originally stated.
    Look up the actual definition of thrash. That's not what happened. The real defeat of Mephisto came from Tchalla outsmarting him. The punch to the face and the ripping out of the heart was to prevent him from being able to go back to his realmead T'Challa held his heart on the physical plane your trying to say I'm nitpicking as my argument when myself as several other posters in this thread a few pages back are saying the same thing.

Who knows, maybe he was meaning to line it up with Canon but the way he words the isht doesn't align with the Canon or in the case of Namor aligns his name with failure. But your right I'm just nitpicking and don't have an actual point or anything, I'm just hating because it's Coates and would hate even if he had T'Challa save the 616 100x over . As for the stabbing this is what I posted in my OG:

Here's the flaw in yours and xpacs logic. You keep saying well maybe it refers to a different point in time in which he out the knife where it belongs... However, there is literally, LITERALLY no other showing of T'Challa " putting the the knife where it belongs" in any form of Canon or anything. Coates used the New avengers scene. You cannot say there may have been another time that he did it because it did not take place anywhere else in Canon. And Coates didn't say "several times he has put the knife where it belongs, to the point that we believe that's what the name Tchalla means" so no. Coates tried to be cute, took a failed assassination attempt T'Challa made and failed due to ooc behavior, and now is trying to attach said failure as the meaning of his name... No thanks, HARD PASS
    Now, putting the knife Where it belongs refers to doing what needs to be done or following through and getting the deed done. Of course Tchalla had "Stabbed" people before. I'm specifically talking about another time in this whole putting the Dagger where it belongs. In Evans run T'Challa stabbed WS to neutralize him, hell in New avengers he stabbed terrax in the back of the neck. He kinda stabbed IF in Priest run to set up knocking out of the mind control. THOSE AREN'T PUTTING THE KNIFE WHERE IT BELONGS situations, and that's not what Coates was going for with the panel shown otherwise he should of translated his name to "He who stabs people with daggers and stuff" instead. But the fact remains there are no other showings of T'Challa putting the knife where it belongs save NA and that was a failure due to ooc behavior and pis.

How I worded my Post is exactly how I quoted it. Literally no where did I even put Storm Better then Tchalla or anything but that's neither here nor there
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 08-21-2018 at 04:26 AM.