Page 325 of 357 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    im not sure what each "era" is supposed to represent.

A few seem obvious, and a few are just confusing lol

But I do know, BP and Doop shouldn't have the same size picture....
    First row:

1930's, 1940's, 1950's

Second row:

2000's, 2010's, 1960's

Third row:

1990's, 1980's, 1970's
    Last edited by DigiCom; 12-14-2018 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Fixed bottom row

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Bucky should not be any were near the front on that art. Tells you everything you need to know.
    I think Bucky absolutely deserves a spot in that era. Brubaker Cap run was a defining one for that period.

That said, BP arguably deserved to be in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    First row:

1930's, 1940's, 1950's

Second row:

2000's, 2010's, 1960's

Third row:

1990's, 1980's, 1970's
    Ok, this makes better sense now.

Still think he should have gotten that Carol spot int he 2010 pic though... 3 billion dollar movies and a comic that has actually sold for 2.5 years now.... He is THE breakout character for Marvel sales wise.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Still think he should have gotten that Carol spot int he 2010 pic though... 3 billion dollar movies and a comic that has actually sold for 2.5 years now.... He is THE breakout character for Marvel sales wise.
    This is comics-only, tho. It seems to be a combination of character debuts and memorable/famous stories, which is how we get an entire panel devoted to one comic in the 30's.. every character in the top left first appeared in Marvel Comics #1 in 1939 (with a slight caveat regarding Namor, but let's not split ankle feathers ).

That being said, as Carol debuted in the 1970's, and hasn't had a really famous arc since, her appearance dead center in both the 2010's panel and the combined image is pure movie synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    This is comics-only, tho. .
    Then carol should be Doop sized lol

BP went from cancelled to being a consistent seller in the 2010's along with multiple comic spin offs that sold to various degrees
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

T'Challa needs an intro song.

My picks:
    Win! Win! Win! Win! - Jay Rock
    Stay Fly! - Three 6 Mafia

T'Chadwick's expression is the exact look on my face every day she walks out the gym without me having said anything. Bast give me strength

It is kind of funny, but I am a "new" fan compared to lots of people.

I'm one of the few people where the movies got me into comics. I started reading X-Men comics because of X-men movies and how much I liked Xmen TAS.

I branched out from there because of MCU movies. I "found" T'challa because of Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

So, the movies and cartoons brought me into comics.

Now the movies and cartoons are slowly taking me out of comics lol. CW and BP (and to a lesser extent IW) showed me what a fully realized "realistic" Black Panther is like and it is glorious.

Then Pantherjack showed me what a weekly ongoing story can look like in a medium that is very similar to comics. And it is so much better than the comics... why should I burn my money on **** lol?
    Well, the majority of the world (generation x - millenials) only know about the x-men through the '92 cartoon and the "Hugh Jackman feat the X-Men" movies. Majority are well-versed on all of Batman's and Spider-man's lame ass villains because of the Fox/WB cartoons. Only know about Batman and Superman's friends because of Super Friends, JLU, and Teen Titans. etc

My first comic was some bundled edition of Claremont and Lee's X-Men #1-4 that i stole from some kid's bin in toys r us back in 1992 (i was an ******* at 6 years old, like bebe's kids but afrikan). And that was only because i'd just started watching the fox cartoon. And i found the episodic cartoon more engaging than most of the x-men comics.

It's why the BP cartoon is very important. Would've been better if it were around the Saturday morning cartoon era. I don't know if kids watch cartoons these days but us muthafuckas had to wait patiently for Saturday and we be damned if we overslept!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Well when others on this site were pointing out T'challa's position on the cover of Avengers, it wasn't spoken in a vacuum. Subtle things being done come from very definitive and deliberate decisions. The moment they decided that one figure was going to stand out amongst the crowd, a choice is made about that character's importance. Let see Captain America, Captain Marvel, Phoenix and Logan. Sounds like all the ones that get serious push as favorites. We have Black Panther as the LEADER of the Avengers and central to the start of another group but yet he is muted and faded to the background???? Guess I'm just being crazy.
    Hard to argue against this

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    T'Challa needs an intro song.

My picks:
    Win! Win! Win! Win! - Jay Rock
    Stay Fly! - Three 6 Mafia
    The Champ Is Here - Jadakiss

Just loop the chorus and beat, oh my

I guess I could kind of see it from the standpoint of Carol's much-promoted revamp and status as Marvel's Top Female Hero (trademark), but I think Black Panther has become bigger in-spite of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    It's why the BP cartoon is very important. Would've been better if it were around the Saturday morning cartoon era. I don't know if kids watch cartoons these days but us muthafuckas had to wait patiently for Saturday and we be damned if we overslept!
    I kind of wonder what it would've been like if the show had come out around when EMH was in it's prime, but things were so different back then that I wonder what it might have looked like then (beyond better animation, assuming Marvel didn't do it in-house).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Bucky absolutely deserves a spot in that era. Brubaker Cap run was a defining one for that period.

That said, BP arguably deserved to be in it too.
    Looking at that art, each block represents an era of when those individuals first premiered. BP is in the 60s block. I have to look again but I'm pretty sure there are no repeats (other than Bucky who essentially became a new character) therefore there was no reason to have a new image of BP.

Incredible Member

Pretty sure these pics represent the era when the character was created in comics so height of popularity is irrelevant.

Edit:

I take that back. Storm is represented twice in two eras. These fools really love mohawk storm don't they? They could and should have had BP again in the current era.
    Last edited by Yaw; 12-14-2018 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Looked at Cover Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess I could kind of see it from the standpoint of Carol's much-promoted revamp and status as Marvel's Top Female Hero (trademark), but I think Black Panther has become bigger in-spite of that.

I kind of wonder what it would've been like if the show had come out around when EMH was in it's prime, but things were so different back then that I wonder what it might have looked like then (beyond better animation, assuming Marvel didn't do it in-house).
    you keep talking about marvel doing the animation "in house."

that's not how it works.

i think if you look at the credits you'll see.

also, if everything was the same but it was during the EMH era, there would be zero difference between the story i wanted to tell then vs now. the only difference might have been how far Marvel would have let us go with it. As it is, they let us go pretty far. Pretty damned far. So, if i was the head writer, you'd be getting basically the same show.

I never understand this one-upmanship. I want ALL these super-hero movies and properties to KILL. yes, even the DC ones. This isn't Highlander, y'all. There can actually be a lot more than one. Except Gambit, of course. Gambit is the work of Satan.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    you keep talking about marvel doing the animation "in house."

that's not how it works.

i think if you look at the credits you'll see.
    You're probably right. It just seemed like there was a clear cut off when Marvel started taking everything in-house, instead of contracting it to studios like Film Roman, when the animation quality of their productions started to suffer.
    also, if everything was the same but it was during the EMH era, there would be zero difference between the story i wanted to tell then vs now. the only difference might have been how far Marvel would have let us go with it. As it is, they let us go pretty far. Pretty damned far. So, if i was the head writer, you'd be getting basically the same show.
    I would've figured as much if you were still involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Looking at that art, each block represents an era of when those individuals first premiered. BP is in the 60s block. I have to look again but I'm pretty sure there are no repeats (other than Bucky who essentially became a new character) therefore there was no reason to have a new image of BP.
    Some of the X-Men are doubled up, as are Daredevil, Iron Man, Spidey, and (technically) Captain America.