Page 120 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    Ummm, could you chose a better gesture for this thread?

The J-man

Can we talk predictive spoilers for the villains the rest of the shows season? Or should i just keep it to pms? I think its kind of obvious but I don't want to ruin it for people.

Some of y'all still give me flak for predicting Benedict Cumberbatch was Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness (EVEN THO IT WAS BLOODY OBVIOUS)
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Here are my thoughts.

What a writer does in their story does not have to line up exactly with how my head Cannon thinks it should go. HOWEVER, of your going to write the Character, write the damn Character IN Character. Nothing is worse then reading the title Character acting out of character and doing things they would never do because PLOT and AGENDA need to steer in a direction that otherwise the character would never take.

What I mean is Coates S1 could of been so much better while keeping the same plot (Tetu and Zenzi starting rebellions Wakanda in chaos, MA wanting a place of their own) had Tchalla acted like he wasn't a brand new green nose rookie, and Zenzi and Tetu actually coming off as powerful threats that didn't rely on b obvious plot holes and nerfing of the character to make then seem threatening.

So back to what your doing. Based on what I have seen,
    Very few long time/dedicated fans would find issue with what your doing. Honestly it's s damn breathe of fresh air and I look forward to this getting even crazier
    let t'challa be t'challa. let shuri be shuri.

i hope most people dig it. it's gonna be a wild ride one way or the other.

Personally, I have a soft spot for this one:

Here are my thoughts.

What a writer does in their story does not have to line up exactly with how my head Cannon thinks it should go. HOWEVER, of your going to write the Character, write the damn Character IN Character. Nothing is worse then reading the title Character acting out of character and doing things they would never do because PLOT and AGENDA need to steer in a direction that otherwise the character would never take.

What I mean is Coates S1 could of been so much better while keeping the same plot (Tetu and Zenzi starting rebellions Wakanda in chaos, MA wanting a place of their own) had Tchalla acted like he wasn't a brand new green nose rookie, and Zenzi and Tetu actually coming off as powerful threats that didn't rely on b obvious plot holes and nerfing of the character to make then seem threatening.

So back to what your doing. Based on what I have seen,
    Very few long time/dedicated fans would find issue with what your doing. Honestly it's s damn breathe of fresh air and I look forward to this getting even crazier

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    let t'challa be t'challa. let shuri be shuri.

i hope most people dig it. it's gonna be a wild ride one way or the other.
    A white guy named David Liss gave us the best portrayed T'Challa in years after being given a synopsis that was further away from anything a black panther fan would consider logical. But Liss is always respected because suit or no suit, powers or no powers, kingdom or no kingdom, that still felt like T'Challa. Moreso it felt like Liss's agenda was to give us the best possible T'Challa despite him being at his lowest. That's that **** that we like. Is the intent to elevate the character or to push another agenda? That's ultimately what it comes down to.

Which is why Priest, Hudlin, and Liss gave us 3 different T'Challa's, as did Coogler, all of which we nitpick on from time to time, but no one denies the heart and Fs given that they each showed for the character.

And T'Chadwick the cowboy from that recent Exiles book gets special consideration. The writer hit a walk-off home run with that depiction.

And shout out to the artist too, for being hip to the times

Oh yes my mistake

Much better

Edit: Dammit BoG you beat me too it

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Honest answer? the way I approach my blackness doesn't always line up with how the twitter heads and so-called afrocentrics would like. I'm hardcore for fairness. I'm hardcore for racial justice. Black Supremacy? That gets the foot. So, when i write something like BP, I'm always concerned that there will be some sort of backlash because of politics.

I don't personally care about the politics but I'm always concerned that someone will think i set out do do something i didn't or set out to please some folks i didn't.

I set out to write the best stories I can, as I define "best."

The internet tries to makes fights out of differences between writers or approaches. If I do something Coates didn't, people will try to make it out like I'm commenting on him. If i do something different than Cogler, the same. The truth is, I don't care what they do, good or bad. I'm doing the show I want to do, the best way I can. That's why i keep reminding folks we had zero contact with the movie and no interest (from me or Marvel) in duplicating the current comic. Nothing against the comic. It's just too dark for the venue. And, also, that would be me co-signing somebody else's thing instead of doing my own thing.

I do my own thing.

A lot of modern fans don't like that attitude so i try to get out in front of backlash.
    I am a hotep and I would like for you to pitch to Marvel comics again to write the flagship Black Panther book. Fifty years from now all readers will care about is that Redjack wrote a damn good comic story.

Finished part Two.. this here.. this is MY Tchalla. I have missed this dude, really feeling the vibes and I definitely see an EotS potential of the show chooses. What a great start. My son is going to love this as well. I can't wait for him to see this too (maybhave tonletbhin stay up late to watch it)

Redjack for BP point man

Psychology 101 -

Redjack has to be feeling himself right now like a game winning jump shot, a last second one handed touchdown catch or the anchor leg bringing it home on a world record relay team for the gold medal!

With all the drops in sales and cancellations of the comics all you really had to do was mingle with true Black Panther fans and give them what they want and then go collect a check!

Think of all the writers before Redjack that did their own thing and got much hate for it and dared to argue with the fan base instead of just turning the power on and pressing play and have fun days at work as if the boss gave the workers a Playstation and let them go!

When in doubt give the people what they want... It works every time!

With the exception of the late great Dwayne McDuffie (R.I.P.) basically Redjack has just set a new precedent for how a Black Panther writer should be going forward!

The Black Panther is not hard he's fun if you embrace the challenge and smile a little bit it's just comics after all...

Maberry: "I will eat my shorts if..."

(Memba dat)

My son is going to love this as well. I can't wait for him to see this too (maybhave tonletbhin stay up late to watch it)

There is nothing better to me than this. I didn't have anything like this show when I was a kid. STATIC SHOCK came when I was grown. If this show is for anybody it's for the sons and daughters. Folks who know me from the old boards know I'm a real fan too. This is for us. For real.

Edit: Dammit BoG you beat me too it
    It's a gift.

RIP to telltale games. Lee and Clementine was the GOAT video game duo and laid the groundwork for Joel and Ellie, and Kratos and Arteus. And did so on 1/3rd of the budget!

Lee was the GOAT black video game character and if T'Challa had a daughter, young Clementine is how i'd imagine she'd act. That ish was tear-jerk city

I stopped playing after season 2 bc after that it just felt like a cash grab (and it's evident now they were short on funds...) but man, that season 1 tho...

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post

None that I can think of, but man, Joshua is a powerhouse. I hope he faces the winner of Wilder-Fury next year so that we can finally have an undisputed heavyweight (to go with Usyk at cruiserweight, assuming he gets past Bellew later this year).
    Hell yea. More so, Deontay better not disappoint and lose to Fury because Femi vs Wilder needs to happen in 2019! No more delays, no more politics, no more negotiation BS. We've had some great fights in 2018, but that 2019 tho...

To my knowledge, the "Golden Jaguar" moniker was never used in any official capacity or in interviews by the production team. Even the Concept Art book makes no reference to jaguars and explicitly ties the design to leopards (and Preyy in particular, IIRC). I want to say it was just some fan name or a journalist thinking a fan name was official and then it spread like wildfire.
    Honestly, i only remember golden jaguar showing up as part of some action figure description for killmonger. We talked about it either here or on HEF but now i don't remember if it was on the actual toy package or just a throwaway description on the site.

Need some black british, nigerian, eritrean, and jamaican heroes/antagonists/support characters for the breh.

If the most popular british fighter is some 6'6 african who sells out more tickets in wembley than mcu hulk does in sakaar, clearly money is being left on the table in the comic book world...

And clearly Marvel likes them some british accents anyway