Page 24 of 357 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Ultimates is basically rebranded Defenders since Defenders got moved to street level.
    Honestly EMH or Avengers redzone is the way Tchalla work's the best. Doing his own thing

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Would this be a Batman vs Deathstoke type book with BP and BB trying to kill Doom and Namor?
    I think the problem with that sort of premise is that BP and BB are almost destined to fail. It's putting them in the position of Wile E. Coyote chasing the Road Runner.

I'd rather have a team up IF the story can actually justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing with the Unity Squad is that I think they make it a point it has to be lead by an Xmen. So Storm or Rogue or whatever would have to be the leader, at least publicly.

But yeah ... you can argue Storm and T'challa should be in the Unity Squad.
    Change it up, call it Astonishing Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I will die saying there should be a Fantastic Force book starring Doom, Black Bolt, Namor, and T'challa.
    .... That's wild

Only way it would work would be written by someone like Priest though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Actually MCU T'Chaka is not that different than MCU Odin.

They both had unusual ways of dealing with family issues.

Which is why I would love to see a team-up in film & comics featuring T'Challa & Thor. The royal Avengers with daddy issues.
    MY DUDE YES!!

been waiting for that T'challa Thor team up for ages.

best chance is in current Avengers book

But yes! two noble princes who should be just worrying about their own country/realm but can't stop protecting the Earth even if it sa detriment to themselves and their country.

WORLDS FINEST!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It would take a heck of a problem to justify T'Challa joining up with Doom and Namor, given their history. But if they do that, like Hickman did with the incursions, it would certainly be a fun group to see interacting.
    I think I've tossed this idea around here before, but essentially they'd serve as "kind of" an Illuminati, but ultimately their job would be to make sure Reed's adventures don't put Earth at greater risk after he's moved on to the next area of interest.

Reed is constantly exploring and is the first person all these crazy beings meet but he has no authority to speak on behalf of Earth, further more a lot of the stuff he's discovered has left Earth vulnerable to attack. The Fantastic Force basically would protect the world from Reed Richards and the Fantastic Four's blundering around the multiverse.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Extraordinary Member

Change it up, call it Astonishing Avengers

.... That's wild

Only way it would work would be written by someone like Priest though.

MY DUDE YES!!

been waiting for that T'challa Thor team up for ages.

best chance is in current Avengers book

But yes! two noble princes who should be just worrying about their own country/realm but can't stop protecting the Earth even if it sa detriment to themselves and their country.

WORLDS FINEST!
    Operating on the same page, that we are.

When he was writing the Avengers, Geoff Johns coulda did his own "Three Kings Saga" featuring T'Challa, Thor, & Namor.

But that ship has sailed, imo.

A film of limited series featuring "Marvel's Finest" would get dollars from me. I'm not sure if I want Jason Aaron to write the comic (given his history of punking out both characters).

This is why Blue Marvel would be a perfect match. I think Adam brings a certain amount of heft and threat if there are Reed/Doom level issues. It's presents something that we haven't seen regularly and would be a dynamic pairing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This is why Blue Marvel would be a perfect match. I think Adam brings a certain amount of heft and threat if there are Reed/Doom level issues. It's presents something that we haven't seen regularly and would be a dynamic pairing.
    Some see Adam as "d-list" so forget this ever happening.

Same detractors "prayed that Shuri would be killed so that posters like myself would dissappear."

Years later, Shuri becomes the breakout character in the Black Panther blockbuster movie and I'm still here posting.

It's funny how things work out in the long run. Lol!
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 08-15-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    We saw it regularly when they were in the Ultimatrs but now that the book on cancelled yeah ... Adam needs a life raft. Maybe showing up to team with Tchalla in his book might be fun. Bp or Carol are probably his best shot right now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Some see Adam as "d-list" so forget this ever happening.

Same detractors "prayed that Shuri would be killed so that posters like myself would dissappear."

Years later, Shuri becomes the breakout character in the Black Panther blockbuster movie and I'm still here posting.

It's funny how things work out in the long run. Lol!
    That is pretty funny!

Folks just need to learn to skip posts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    That is pretty funny!

Folks just need to learn to skip posts.
    You ain't lying my brother.

It's like some heads fail to realise that growing a successful and financially viable brand is dependant on a number of factors.

If there was any real coherence within the overall Marvel Editorial process, there would have been a lot more post-Secret Wars II synchronisation between what Al Ewing and Ta Nehisi Coates were doing in their respective books. (The Ultimates and Black Panther solos)

The impact of T'challa making Wakanda's space program central to the whole Alpha Flight joint UN operation, upon the Wakandan body politic would have been an interesting angle to explore in the BP solo.

Moreover, T'challa being King of Wakanda with access to all of his nations scientific and military might would have been an interesting angle to explore especially when juxtaposed against the overall concept of The Ultimates being commissioned to face off against threats to the MU earth.

Unfortunately, Ta Nehisi Coates overarching need to portray Wakanda as a conflict riddled locale was an agenda that he couldn't see his way to opting not to pursue.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 08-15-2018 at 03:23 PM.

I will die saying there should be a Fantastic Force book starring Doom, Black Bolt, Namor, and T'challa.
    I like the way you think!
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

It's like some heads fail to realise that growing a successful and financially viable brand is dependant on a number of factors.

If there was any real coherence within the overall Marvel Editorial process, there would have been a lot more post-Secret Wars II synchronisation between what Al Ewing and Ta Nehisi Coates were doing in their respective books. (The Ultimates and Black Panther solos)

The impact of T'challa making Wakanda's space program central to the whole Alpha Flight joint UN operation, upon the Wakandan body politic would have been an interesting angle to explore in the BP solo.

Moreover, T'challa being King of Wakanda with access to all of his nations scientific and military might would have been an interesting angle to explore especially when juxtaposed against the overall concept of The Ultimates being commissioned to face off against threats to the MU earth.

Unfortunately, Ta Nehisi Coates overarching need to portray Wakanda as a conflict riddled locale was an agenda that he couldn't see his way to opting not to pursue.
    ... With a surgeon's skill my brotha, cutting right to the heart of it. Matter of fact you answer the question in another post about why are there no new iconic characters. It takes true vision, long game devotion and skill. Liss made me believe that T'challa could into a Walmart and come outta there having made a weapon to beat back a Kree invasion.

... With a surgeon's skill my brotha, cutting right to the heart of it. Matter of fact you answer the question in another post about why are there no new iconic characters. It takes true vision, long game devotion and skill. Liss made me believe that T'challa could into a Walmart and come outta there having made a weapon to beat back a Kree invasion.

Books T'challa can "lead" easily without being sent off to cosmic land full time (which makes no sense for a king anyway):

1. International Avengers/Avengers World:
    As mentioned before, T'challa can lead an international coalition of super heroes authorized by the UN or whatever. He can even bring his buddy Eden.

- team members are endless to choose from, and fit the "not the same people" mantra that some members are stuck on. Very diverse team for bonus points.

2. Secret Avengers: T'challa leads and undercover stealth and/or kill squad. Obviously stealth because a king going around killing threats in other countries may cause problems (drama is good for books).

- team members would be a combination of people T'challa trusts and a combination of people not afraid to get their hands dirty. You can go super popular here (Wolverine, Deadpool for instance) to middle of the road (Widow, Blade, Cable, Bishop) to villains (perfect for Hunter) to obscure as hell (what is Guillotine up to?).

3. Uncanny Avengers: if we are stuck with the X office and Storm, might as well benefit from it somehow.

- Avengers members: leader T'challa, monica and whoever. X members: leader Storm, plus 2 more. then add The Thing from F4 universe and say... Miles? from spidey world.
    International Avengers should of already been a thing. Plus it let's other heroes from differing nations get some shine and has a unique angle. Hell no on the uncanny Avengers. Secret avengers I would have a hard time seeing Tchalla logically joining such a team. It would almost be like he was doing shields bidding.

That's a marvels monarchs book. I would only be okay with it after T'Challa ruins Dooms face again and then hangs Namor out like he is airing laundry. They neednass whoopings first before a team up can occur

I think I've tossed this idea around here before, but essentially they'd serve as "kind of" an Illuminati, but ultimately their job would be to make sure Reed's adventures don't put Earth at greater risk after he's moved on to the next area of interest.

Reed is constantly exploring and is the first person all these crazy beings meet but he has no authority to speak on behalf of Earth, further more a lot of the stuff he's discovered has left Earth vulnerable to attack. The Fantastic Force basically would protect the world from Reed Richards and the Fantastic Four's blundering around the multiverse.
    That would be quite a team T'Calla has. If any alien race threatens earth Doom can rob them of their most precious resources, Namor can flood them, and Black Bolt can finish them off with a poisonous cloud. No one will me with earth after that.