Page 101 of 357 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    You were in the running to be the Black Panther writer post-Secret Wars but Coates edged you out for the job? And the direction you had planned for the comics is the same direction you carried over to the cartoon?

That conjurers up the proverbial bitter sweet feeling of what is to come this weekend versus what should've been the case 2 years ago in the comics...

To think we were that close
    Not exactly. The STORY is different. But the TONE and the way things work is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Redjack is Nakia in the new BP cartoon? I forgot to ask
    I think Okoye is more likely to show up then Nakia at this point.

Love interests don't get a lot of mileage in modern Marvel cartoons unless they end up in a Superhero identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Review of the first two episodes of Panther's Quest.
    https://www.newsarama.com/41774-adva...-atlantis.html
    So we're back at Avengers Tower. I definitely prefer it to Avengers Compound but wouldn't Avengers Mansion have worked better thematically since it's the Wakanda Embassy in this continuity?

I love how writers get around using Namor by just bumping up his Rogues Gallery into basically leaders of Atlantis.

Mick Wingert's Iron Man getting praise is interesting. I think he had a really rough start when he first took over the role, but I feel he's slowly grown into it.

I wonder if James C. Mathis III ever misses his old VA buddies from EMH. I'm curious if the atmosphere is different with an entirely different cast of Avenger VA's, although I guess I could ask the same for Fred Tatasciore (who's also the only other VA carryover from EMH).
    Cool! Killmonger still reaping the movie benefits .

Hill seems to be bringing a lot of interesting ideas to this, and I'm glad he'll be respecting and acknowledging McGregor's Killmonger and what Narcisse did instead of just wholesale rebooting Killmonger into movie Erik. It actually surprises me how his approach appears to be staying true to comic Killmonger but in a way that also lines up with MCU Killmonger.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Has it been confirmed at all who is the White Wolf? Shuri's hand is on his shoulder like she cares who it is.
    Scott Porter (his VA) confirmed it's Hunter.

People have latched onto the possibility that he's really Bucky because Porter voiced Bucky in a few video games and (of course) movie synergy, but I personally doubt it. If true he would be Bucky's fourth VA on this show (I'm not kidding) .

I'ma setup shop for a bit. There's a lot of exciting BP stuff coming out and yall are my brothers

I know 4sake around here somewhere lol
    Good to know. It's not the same unless all our brothers and sister are here to enjoy this BP goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Not exactly. The STORY is different. But the TONE and the way things work is the same.
    Really that's all that matters. The Black Panther movie wasn't how o expected it to be in my head at all, but it worked and it was great because it stayed true to the core aspects of the character.

Your story could go a complete different direction then my own head Canon but if your have the tone and the Characters down then that's what matters. The Character should drive the story and plot, bot the other way around. That's really why people here have issues with Coates take when it's all boiled down.

Yea, tone is the better word i was looking for than direction. The specific story would be different bc of the canon i imagine, given all the continuity. We'll spread the news about the show to do our part to get it highly recognized.

Then if/when Coates leaves the main book, you should put your name back in the running for strong consideration and tell them that altho you don't have a Pulitzer award, you headlined a kickass show about the character that did numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Good to know. It's not the same unless all our brothers and sister are here to enjoy this BP goodness
    Facts.

10 char.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

https://www.deviantart.com/ivlock/ar...alla-733532974

Actually he does use them in the Nolan films. He used them to knockout some guys in Rises.
    you mean the sleep dart beatarang he used on the guys about to send Gordon and co to an icy graves. He clearly shot that out of a gun or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    My problem with the energy daggers is that in a general sense they don't add any new function to T'Challa base set of gear.

Aside from offense, the only other abilities I can think of that the energy daggers have are:

1. Being used to mark people so he can use his Kimoyo card to track
    2. Disrupting energy fields and signatures to counter them.

Why does T'Challa need gear to track people when he already has an enhanced sense of smell and hearing and is an excellent tracker? T'Challa enhanced senses get ignored way too often already. Second, any random piece of tech can disrupt an energy field. Third, why does T'Challa need energy daggers as a fighting weapon when he's already an insanely H2H fighter (which is always cooler), using his claws fits his motif AND his claws are powerful af being Vibranium or Anti-Metal? Avengers EMH made them really cool in my eyes but aside from the fact that he can throw them, they're pretty useless.

Another problem is that across different media what the energy daggers are constantly changes. It's either they're like solid energy bolts shaped like daggers, or they're solid metal daggers glowing with energy. Making them actual daggers makes it harder for them to exist in the MCU and why does T'Challa need daggers when he has claws?

I really don't see how beads would be lame. They're basically handheld grenades and gadgets the likes of Batman and other characters use. The EMP beads used in the film were bigger than most so they can look like that, and I'm not saying T'Challa needs to throw a handful of beads at every opponent. He just needs to use them the same way he uses his tech: When it suits the situation. Also giving him energy daggers that turn into a spear would be cool but then again, Okoye has a spear and that's become her thing. It's better to just set him apart.

And for the record, Batman has been a consistently lame fighter in the movies because he hardly uses his gear at the same time as his martial art skills. This is a guy who's basically a high tech ninja and gadget using spy rolled into one and yet he just comes across as a brawler all the time. His batarangs are offensive weapons as well as distraction tools. They've been used like that in comics and animated features so I don't see the problem
    Aesthetically I think the daggers are a nice touch functionality is important too, but I don't think we need to get lost in it like Christopher Nolan. MCU has a little flair to it. I already love what they are doing with BP's new purple aesthetic and tech.

If the movies keep incorporating the Tech as they have I think will be in good shape. Nobody has even picked up on the knuckles claws he used on Killmonger and threatened claw with. I saw them right away, but I've yet to see anyone else mention them.

I see vibranium daggers(transformable spear) as kind of his over the top finisher. If he's going up against somebody like Black Dwarf. He busts out those babies and its time to go ham. Mono e mono.

Beads just fall in line with any other tech he would use but I don't see the need to try and turn them into more or a beatarang . Wakanda's so flexible why limit tech. His suit and other devices can be used without limit as far as I'm concerned so long as they don't undermine BP's natural combat prowess and genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Okoye is more likely to show up then Nakia at this point.

Love interests don't get a lot of mileage in modern Marvel cartoons unless they end up in a Superhero identity.
    True love conquers all. We need to cement Nakia and T'Challa while the iron is hot in as much multimedia as possible.

If think the cartoon should highlight multiple Dora's. Are we back to just two and trying to keep it simple. I thought the movie pretty much established they were the secret service/royal guard.

I'm not allowed to answer questions like that.

The J-man

Where do we stand on nunakia? i'm down for whatever
    T’kia all day everyday.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

True love conquers all. We need to cement Nakia and T'Challa while the iron is hot in as much multimedia as possible.
    I just wouldn't expect it in this cartoon, particularly when Marvel Animation has abstained from any kind of major romance in their shows for a while now.
    If think the cartoon should highlight multiple Dora's. Are we back to just two and trying to keep it simple. I thought the movie pretty much established they were the secret service/royal guard.
    We've seen a few Dora's in the trailer, but if any of them get named it'll probably be Okoye (but it would be cool if there are more).

in a perfect world, Marvel would start publishing an ALL AGES comics line set exclusively in their animated universe. I really like writing this version of the Black Panther and would be happy to do it in comic book form. but i don't think that's happening.

you mean the sleep dart beatarang he used on the guys about to send Gordon and co to an icy graves. He clearly shot that out of a gun or something.

Aesthetically I think the daggers are a nice touch functionality is important too, but I don't think we need to get lost in it like Christopher Nolan. MCU has a little flair to it. I already love what they are doing with BP's new purple aesthetic and tech.

If the movies keep incorporating the Tech as they have I think will be in good shape. Nobody has even picked up on the knuckles claws he used on Killmonger and threatened claw with. I saw them right away, but I've yet to see anyone else mention them.

I see vibranium daggers(transformable spear) as kind of his over the top finisher. If he's going up against somebody like Black Dwarf. He busts out those babies and its time to go ham. Mono e mono.

Beads just fall in line with any other tech he would use but I don't see the need to try and turn them into more or a beatarang . Wakanda's so flexible why limit tech. His suit and other devices can be used without limit as far as I'm concerned so long as they don't undermine BP's natural combat prowess and genius.
    The problem is in the current form they would still be redundant. What can the daggers do that then claws can't other then range?

Like for Erik it made sense because he appeared to be a better fighter with weapons then strictly H2H. If that YouTube video of Tchalla vs Erik with healthbars showed anything else, it was really how outclassed Erik was against T'Challa hence why I see the need for him to use Dagger. But the movie showed T'Challa perfectly in his element with no sword or spear, just his hands on

So having bead tech that fills different roles while still highlighting his H2h, kinda like IF, to atleast makes sense. Now the route that could be taken was like MoS mentioned before about taking the next step in the force push upgrade and turning it into a focused ranged attack that could take on the appearance of energy daggers as an option while adding bead tech.

I personally just see it as Wakanda has made a point that the weapons are Vibranium with energy or runes appearing on the metal itself.

in a perfect world, Marvel would start publishing an ALL AGES comics line set exclusively in their animated universe. I really like writing this version of the Black Panther and would be happy to do it in comic book form. but i don't think that's happening.
    I've always kinda wondered why they don't, I mean they incorporate movie changes into the comics bakk the time, or certain Characters have 2-3 different books going on, why not add this line so that other characters can benefit from this? That way, you could do you're think on BP that us hardcore fans could enjoy while Coates could write his for as long as marvel keeps him around? Win win imo

I recall it being thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll allow it!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    T’kia all day everyday.
    Yay Yay! [/Ice Cube voice]

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The problem is in the current form they would still be redundant. What can the daggers do that then claws can't other then range?

Like for Erik it made sense because he appeared to be a better fighter with weapons then strictly H2H. If that YouTube video of Tchalla vs Erik with healthbars showed anything else, it was really how outclassed Erik was against T'Challa hence why I see the need for him to use Dagger. But the movie showed T'Challa perfectly in his element with no sword or spear, just his hands on

So having bead tech that fills different roles while still highlighting his H2h, kinda like IF, to atleast makes sense. Now the route that could be taken was like MoS mentioned before about taking the next step in the force push upgrade and turning it into a focused ranged attack that could take on the appearance of energy daggers as an option while adding bead tech.

I personally just see it as Wakanda has made a point that the weapons are Vibranium with energy or runes appearing on the metal itself.
    I think they should also double down on BP's suit as a weapon and go the Deku route in My Hero Academia. One for All. Right now BP's suit absorbs kinetic force and kinda just discharges it everywhere. Well i'd like to see him be able to concentrate the stored up energy to his fist or legs for a big KO punch or massive kick that can shatter cars. Like Deku I'd actually like to see the energy veins congregate to the area he's about to use and the purple energy discharge in that direction he punches or kicks in.

What the russos did with it in Infinity War was lazy imo, they kinda just spammed it as an afterthought, whereas in BP's movie there was actual weight to it when BP and Erik used it; it really felt like a game changer and that's what i'd like to see it further cultivated as.
    Last edited by Rumble; 09-18-2018 at 06:10 AM.

Yay Yay! [/Ice Cube voice]

I think they should also double down on BP's suit as a weapon and go the Deku route in My Hero Academia. One for All. Right now BP's suit absorbs kinetic force and kinda just discharges it everywhere. Well i'd like to see him be able to concentrate the stored up energy to his fist or legs for a big KO punch or massive kick that can shatter cars. Like Deku I'd actually like to see the energy veins congregate to the area he's about to use and the purple energy discharge in that direction he punches or kicks in.

What the russos did with it in Infinity War was lazy imo, they kinda just spammed it as an afterthought, whereas in BP's movie there was actual weight to it when BP and Erik used it; it really felt like a game changer and that's what i'd like to see it further cultivated as.

more he stores, the bigger the boom.

If he stores too much, suit goes boom. This could be used in a way to get BP out of his almost indestructible suit in the final fight vs whatever bad guy. Have him take on a hoard of mooks by himself, he slowly charges the suit to its breaking point, release massive AoE, killing them all but breaking his suit. then 1v1 against the villain.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html