Page 254 of 357 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    What’s the point of Odin being here He can literally one shot the rest of the agents of wakanda with a blink why is he on this team? He’s far above the rest of the teams power level?
    I'm assuming he's a character in the story without actually being an active member of the team. Otherwise, it's pretty ridiculous to have him there. Only a Galactus level threat would give him trouble, and at that point the rest of the team is pretty redundent.

I'm guessing that team is put together to investigate some sort of specific issue related to the 1mill BC Avengers, and Odin is maybe playing Dungeon Master and steering them in the right direction.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Presumably NuNakia would have to wait until T'Challa's space adventure ends, though, right?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I mean Avengers is just ignoring the Black Panther book altogether so why wait. BP can either be set before this or simply ignored and retconned away later.

It's an Elseworlds people
    The J-man

You can't have it both ways by arguing that they should bring a character from the Black Panther run and that it's an elseworlds book that's being ignored. Either it's being ignored or its not.

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    You can't have it both ways by arguing that they should bring a character from the Black Panther run and that it's an elseworlds book that's being ignored. Either it's being ignored or its not.
    why not

Oh I'm never going to stop saying its an Elseworld. I don't even need it to be that Star Wars Nakia. I just need the 616 to take the MCU Nakia and plop her into 616 Wakanda

The J-man

I'm just saying, if they literally bring the Nakia from Coates's run, would you still say the story was an Elseworlds? I think the argument is viable now (the Shuri book, obviously undercuts it but if you're going that route, you can include that book too), but it would be completely nonviable if she were to be in present day 616.

BTW, what happened with 616 Nakia? Did she die or something in that Wakanda Forever book or am I misremembering that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    It did just occur to me that we've never seen the force-push outside of the solo title and Rise

Not counting the suit "overloading" in the Ewing Hulk book (which only implies the concept).

That's crazy, unless i'm forgetting an appearance. Hell they were barely drawing him with his necklace in some appearances. Muthafuckas just lazy!

I actually was thinkin about Thorne's White Wolf lol, from the toon. You reminded me that the comic version ain't **** compared to the cartoon one, or even Bucky-Wolf conceptually.
    Yeah, basically outside his Solo, Tchalla has claws and H2h. Which is cool for Cameo appearances sure, but if homie is leading the Avengers then he needs to first get that MCU update 2.5+ years ago, and they need to utilize his tech, especially force push since it's such a nice way to put a dent in ones face. If it were Thorne's Wolf I'm good, Bucky wolf would work too, otherwise leave mu hunter to be a force to disrupt the team

I'm just saying, if they literally bring the Nakia from Coates's run, would you still say the story was an Elseworlds? I think the argument is viable now (the Shuri book, obviously undercuts it but if you're going that route, you can include that book too), but it would be completely nonviable if she were to be in present day 616.

BTW, what happened with 616 Nakia? Did she die or something in that Wakanda Forever book or am I misremembering that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, basically outside his Solo, Tchalla has claws and H2h. Which is cool for Cameo appearances sure, but if homie is leading the Avengers then he needs to first get that MCU update 2.5+ years ago, and they need to utilize his tech, especially force push since it's such a nice way to put a dent in ones face. If it were Thorne's Wolf I'm good, Bucky wolf would work too, otherwise leave mu hunter to be a force to disrupt the team
    It's sad that we are truly seeing some real two-faced shenanigans being played where T'challa is concerned. I said this before that Marvel knows full well how to ring the bell and do company wide, all hands on deck when they want to build a single character up. Case in point, look at Wolverine yet again is showing up all over the place and even now is being set up to be ...COSMIC LEVEL character...???? I no longer want to hear a damn thing about how T'challa just wouldn't fit in certain stories anymore! It's a trash excuse used by writers that only want to handle their few favorites and that's facts. I now believe that they were deliberate in getting a writer that had a flawed vision and was conceptually incompetent cause they were just paying ear service. I don't have a great feeling about this War of Realms, if anything Agents of Wakanda has made my fear tangable.
    Last edited by dkrook; 11-18-2018 at 07:42 PM.

My thoughts on Agents of Wakanda is that I don't care about the current set up,To me it is a test run of something that could be whole lot better. How I see it is almost inevitable that Black Panther and Avengers part ways when that moment happens I see Agents of Wakanda as way to push a Black Panther centric team book. I mean Aaron is pushing the characters he likes in this cooky concept for a support staff/Secret team for the Avengers but I think everyone here pretty zoned in that Agents of Wakanda concept is something worth doing. I mean they have pushed America and British spy/superhero as protectors of the world. An African group from the most advanced country in the world would make for a interesting concept.I think the name 'Agents of Wakanda' is also spot on because Wakanda because Black Panther movie has become a brand.

In my mind I see Black Panther as Spiderman like franchise with thing that can spin off from him. Of Course Marvel needs to treat the main book with little more respect but it is undeniable that Black Panther and Wakanda ripe for creative new properties. I think it is natural progression that Wakanda after being isolationist for awhile now that they are in open would see themselves as defenders of the world( I mean don't all superpower countries think way ?). Anyway I see Agents of Wakanda as a place Shuri, Okoye, Nakia can be used without a large fear of cancellation because you can put Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Wasp and other big names to keep book a float.

She died.

they did a whole mini just to kill her while she was strung out on drugs.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Gorilla

and I'm not sure why he and Kazar are on the team, but Aaron's just using characters he likes.

If this is Agents of Wakanda I'd expect them to be Wakandan. At least Wasp makes sense on the team. Okay is an obvious choice. I'll just wait and see for the others.
    Naw, I'll argue that Wasp makes the least amount of sense on this team.

1. T'challa can't control her. She has no allegieance to him, she is used to leading, and is incredibly headstrong.

2. She will refuse to do anything dirty. She 100% won't kill no matter what.

Youc an at least squint and make sense on the others. Odin is for "history information on the threat while he sits in a chair depressed." Okoye is T'challa ride or die chick. The other ones are low level fodder that T'challa can send and no one ill connect back to him and if they die who gives a **** lol.

I still can't tell if this AoW thing is just a funny side joke humor break for Aaron to do "wacky Aaron" or if its real...

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It did just occur to me that we've never seen the force-push outside of the solo title and Rise

Not counting the suit "overloading" in the Ewing Hulk book (which only implies the concept).

That's crazy, unless i'm forgetting an appearance. Hell they were barely drawing him with his necklace in some appearances. Muthafuckas just lazy!

I actually was thinkin about Thorne's White Wolf lol, from the toon. You reminded me that the comic version ain't **** compared to the cartoon one, or even Bucky-Wolf conceptually.
    Pak used the absorption ability in his Cholk stuff in the Hulkbuster.

The top to bottom laziness of how Marvel has handled BP and Wakanda is very problematic. From the simple like how they wouldn't even give his uniform the accents (despite it being a clearly superior artistic look), to how they hire a bunch of black-faced troublemakers at heart (Coates, Gay, Nnedi) and let them run wild like DCEU did with Snider, then the sudden knee-jerk reaction when they realized "that's not the superma- er, black panther, that ppl want to see. ****! Change it up!! And make Shuri act 15 again!"

How are these two not the core team? lol. I swear that's what BP brought young grasshopper Cole for in the one good issue of that one miniseries.

I'd probably have White Wolf (Hunter or Bucky) be the one token white person, over Wasp.

QDJ and Vibraxus just need to be part of the supporting cast period lol. Tho they already butchered QDJ
    That Kasper issue existed just to bring him back ot the mythos for those couple panels in Season 2 when Coates was throwing in every Wakandan supporting character he coudl think of to "world build" without giving them any characterization at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Agents of Wakanda:
    T'Challa- funds the team who they answer to
    Okoye- the general
    Nu-Nakia - spy
    Kasper- Intel

Cage, the brick
    Blade- wild card
    Wasp- token white Character

Odin- Galactus status (partially on Team)

Ideally I'd add Akili, vibraxus and qdj over Odin wasp and Cage maybe. Keep blade cause he cool
    IMHO:

Odin and T'challa lead the team from afar if Odin has to be there for whatever his role there.

Okoye is field leader.
    Kasper
    Hunter is back as a wild card with an explosion device in his brain if he looks at Okoye wrong.

Blade and Bucky are the "outside Wakandan" members. Bucky for dat synergy and Blade because he is used to being in the shadows anyway.

Im assuming Nakia hasn't crossed over yet. I don't mind the Akili's of the world popping in and out but id stick with the 5 member core cast.

This is assuming this is a a sort of Wakandan/Secret Avengers hybrid. I still don't understand what this even is lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Naw, I'll argue that Wasp makes the least amount of sense on this team.

1. T'challa can't control her. She has no allegieance to him, she is used to leading, and is incredibly headstrong.

2. She will refuse to do anything dirty. She 100% won't kill no matter what.

Youc an at least squint and make sense on the others. Odin is for "history information on the threat while he sits in a chair depressed." Okoye is T'challa ride or die chick. The other ones are low level fodder that T'challa can send and no one ill connect back to him and if they die who gives a **** lol.

I still can't tell if this AoW thing is just a funny side joke humor break for Aaron to do "wacky Aaron" or if its real...
    I think whether or not Wasp fits sort of depends on what this team actually is.

If it's basically just T'Challas personal strike force or whatever, then yeah... Wasp is a weird fit.

But if it's more a Secret Avengers group then Wasp makes it a real Avengers team, rather than a random collection of guys.

If Odin is involved in the group I'm assuming the later. Odin won't get involved unless this is something pretty Avenger level serious... and in that case, Jan has the experience to get the job done. For a very long time (not in recent years) you could make the arguement that Jan was the number 2 field leader in the Avengers behind Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think whether or not Wasp fits sort of depends on what this team actually is.

If it's basically just T'Challas personal strike force or whatever, then yeah... Wasp is a weird fit.

But if it's more a Secret Avengers group then Wasp makes it a real Avengers team, rather than a random collection of guys.

If Odin is involved in the group I'm assuming the later. Odin won't get involved unless this is something pretty Avenger level serious... and in that case, Jan has the experience to get the job done. For a very long time (not in recent years) you could make the arguement that Jan was the number 2 field leader in the Avengers behind Cap.
    Last time Wasp was on a team that was trying to ward off Planetry destruction (so, something Odin level), she didn't have the guts/heart to kill Grim Reaper, resulting in the whole planet going boom
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 11-19-2018 at 06:34 AM.