Page 177 of 357 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Though I am sad that there won't be any other Easter eggs or nods, I understand the need to carve your own path and make this T'Challa your own (which you have already done a great job at it already) I am excited to see what kind of tech and crazy feats you have Tchalla whip out this season. Hopefully Marvel green lights another season of this or BPs own spin off series
    They're probably waiting to see how YOU PEOPLE like this season. Even if they announced another panther season tomorrow, you wouldn't see it until late 2020.

There may be some more easter eggs. Just not related to previous series.

Who kidz is dem...

Get Hectic!

Hmm.. To be frank, it's not really about whose BP it is. That doesn't matter big picture.

All that matters is pushing content that depicts BP (and Wakanda) in an attractive and great light. The specific details aren't important to the people that will be his life's blood for mainstream success: the general public.

Never forget: Spidey and X-Men became popular because of the cartoons, video games, and movies... but guess what? None of them shits are comic book accurate lol and the general public would draw a blank if you asked 'em who Chris Claremont is. But they'll know exactly what you're talking about if you say "the Fox cartoon".

Comparatively, BP's movie ain't accurate for **** with the comics, but that's alright. It got what it needed to get right, and did so emphatically.. even if we hardcore fans nitpick the details. So a AAA BP vid game, a BP cartoon, BP novels, etc, the only alignment they need with the comics are the high level themes.
    Last edited by Rumble; 10-17-2018 at 10:05 PM.

The Shuri comic is just the cherry on top of a great year for a BP fan. The changes in her character(which I love) are going to be jarring for some but I appreciate her attempt to explain them. If she loses fans with the new direction, I hope it’s offset by new fans jumping on. Fingers crossed we’ll have 2 long running BP based comics going forward. Just excited to see where we go from here.

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Youngest sibling syndrome.

Nothing to do with her sex. She got the same training as tchalla, studied abroad like tchalla, had same opportunity to win BP title but got beat to the punch.

She became bp and queen without issue. There is nothing to suggest she was treated any different than tchalla.

Coates even showee female rulers in season 2 indo believe
    Placed in bold for emphasis.

I think that these writers view gender equality in Wakanda as part of the fantasy package that has to be deconstructed.
    Last edited by LastManStanding; 10-18-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Hmm.. To be frank, it's not really about whose BP it is. That doesn't matter big picture.

All that matters is pushing content that depicts BP (and Wakanda) in an attractive and great light. The specific details aren't important to the people that will be his life's blood for mainstream success: the general public.

Never forget: Spidey and X-Men became popular because of the cartoons, video games, and movies... but guess what? None of them shits are comic book accurate lol and the general public would draw a blank if you asked 'em who Chris Claremont is. But they'll know exactly what you're talking about if you say "the Fox cartoon".

Comparatively, BP's movie ain't accurate for **** with the comics, but that's alright. It got what it needed to get right, and did so emphatically.. even if we hardcore fans nitpick the details. So a AAA BP vid game, a BP cartoon, BP novels, etc, the only alignment they need with the comics are the high level themes.
    Cartoons, video games, and movies tend to take the best aspects of the comics to tell their own stories without being burdened by 50 years of continuity (where there are a lot of bad and meandering stories and writers mixed in).

Just gotta get the "spirit" of the main characters right and I am good to go.

And PantherJack has nailed that
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Cartoons, video games, and movies tend to take the best aspects of the comics to tell their own stories without being burdened by 50 years of continuity (where there are a lot of bad and meandering stories and writers mixed in).

Just gotta get the "spirit" of the main characters right and I am good to go.

And PantherJack has nailed that
    Coogler and Thorne are using their respective platforms well. No Uncle Ruckus's from what I can tell. (and i be looking!)

Just need Naughty Dog or Ubisoft on the phone, complete the trifecta

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

correct.

Thats why all us here nee to get everyone we know (and our kids) watching T'Challa be a boss. Pabtherjack be killing it.

Edit also, can we get T'Challas line to cross bones as the new title to the thread? I think it's the perfect title to follow what Giants do

Another panal from issue 2 of the Killmonger mini:

https://twitter.com/juaneferreyra/st...46591496560640

Btw the artist confirmed the book will have a parental advisory label.

Does it help with viewer ratings if I have myself cloned multiple times and use the Time Stone to keep episodes in a repetitive loop?

Just doing my part...
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post

Shaping up to be a good one.

Dude.. that art is on point.. I hope THIS series pulls a Hudlin and outs out big enough numbers to become on ongoing. I like what I seeing so far and what Hill is thinking

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Doesn't mean a ton anymore. Probably some extra violence. The Bullseye miniseries had censored language, which seemed weird with an advisory. Jessica Jones has the most language and can say anything but the F-word. Weirdly enough, while Jessica could swear, Elsa Bloodstone was still censored.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

It is incredibly odd to me the art choices on these minis.

The women writers keep getting shafted hard lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html