Page 175 of 357 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 5350

https://www.bustle.com/p/these-femal...-note-12212868

These Female 'Black Panther' Stars Think Wakanda Is Super Feminist & Hollywood Should Really Take Note

---
    There was room enough for a vast array of personalities, with the female characters being written with just as much complexity as the males — a lesson that Hollywood could stand to learn from as well. Gurira's character, Okoye, for example built her strength from her loyalty to the throne (not to mention her talent with weapons), while Nyong'o's character Nakia's strength lay in her independence. As Nyong'o told the outlet:

“Nakia was a departure from the character you see in the comic books. She is an independent woman and a bit of a rebel but also a loyalist to her country. I am also someone who depends on my family and friends and feels a connection to my people, and maybe has a sense of responsibility to make them proud. So I really related to that balancing act within oneself."

Describing her favorite scene as Okoye, when the character rips off her bothersome wig as she leaps into battle, Gurira told ELLE:

"I loved doing that, from the minute she’s wearing that wig and complaining about it, to the minute she gets rid of it very pragmatically. That spoke to so many things about feminine aesthetics.”

In addition to being a complete joy to watch, the film also subtly tackled topics like beauty, femininity, and strength head on, and the lessons are as valid in real life as they are onscreen. Gurira noted how appreciative she was that Wakanda, as a society, “was celebratory of everyone equally [regardless of gender]. You see that in my character. She’s able to excel.” Nyong'o agreed with that assessment, adding, "In our story, the emphasis is on many different women holding their own space."

---

Interesting. How do you guys feel about Wakanda being portrayed as a society that is celebratory of everyone equally regardless of gender? I was personally starting to open up to the whole black man vs black woman complete disfunction angle, but now i'm not so sure.

But for sure the women shouldn't get too close to that traitorus white man culture-appropriating the mess outta that blue afrikan garb. I think we can all agree on that

I can't wait until Storm shows up in the MCU right at the doorstep of Wakanda...

(quickly exits the thread with head on a swivel)
    Get Hectic!

One thing I low keyed like was that Nakia wasn't just a war dog... she was the top warrior in her tribe as shown in T'challa's tribal fight.

I wonder he leads the Kingsguard? Time to get Taku into the MCU!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I wonder what would have happened if the River Tribe had challenged?

The correct answer: Nothing good

Taku been waiting like 40 years for his time to shine, only to get leap-frogged by Ayo and Aneka. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Perfect. The kind of action I want and the authoritative attitude accompanied with it by T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Taku been waiting like 40 years for his time to shine, only to get leap-frogged by Ayo and Aneka. Ouch.
    Let that boy out of the Techno Jungle!

Maybe Okoye got trapped down there too. Where was she for 10 years?

Technojungle beat eaten fools like Jumanji

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    We gonna need an acronym for Avengers Assemble: Panthers Quest T'challa lol. That **** too long to write.

AA Panther?

PQ Panther?

RJ Panther?
    RJ panther for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

Perfect. The kind of action I want and the authoritative attitude accompanied with it by T'Challa.
    2018 was a year blessed by Bast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I actually enjoyed Shuri today and was happy to see that she didn't ignore the elements of what Coates had written her as. It was a very nice read and looking forward to the next issue!
    same...I really like shuri's character and the old school feeling artwork...I also like the potential explanation of what the heck has been going on with tchalla

I think some yall just projecting really..."hey girls we used to meet up then we stopped but we should start again" isnt some sort of cataclysmic indictment on previous canon. It's just women meeting up lol. Instead of looking at that I thought it was interesting how they looked at how the country operated. Should wakanda gov keep secrets from it's citizens? I feel they should operate better than a typical government and be transparent. The most advanced people ever shouldnt be top down heavy and treated like children.

Quote Originally Posted by RDMXV View Post
    I think some yall just projecting really..."hey girls we used to meet up then we stopped but we should start again" isnt some sort of cataclysmic indictment on previous canon. It's just women meeting up lol. Instead of looking at that I thought it was interesting how they looked at how the country operated. Should wakanda gov keep secrets from it's citizens? I feel they should operate better than a typical government and be transparent. The most advanced people ever shouldnt be top down heavy and treated like children.
    I'll roll with the woman group thing but this is pure shade...

Plus, ths is the dumbest time to bring back a secret illuminati woman's group. The government isn't in the hands of one person anymore. Let the parliament or whatever do its job.

I'll roll with the woman group thing but this is pure shade...

Plus, ths is the dumbest time to bring back a secret illuminati woman's group. The government isn't in the hands of one person anymore. Let the parliament or whatever do its job.
    I can sort of see where Shuri is coming from. I imagine most of us felt like Shuri didn't even exist until the last decade and a half or so.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Oh sweet Bast, when is coates and his cabal going to realize nobody is sipping on that no one man ****, this gender inequality that doesn't exist in Wakanda based on continuity ain't gonna work? Have they literally learned nothing from the BP movie? Men and women were shown as equally capable, equally powerful, and equally influential. But I guess this contrived Black men vs Black women isht is cool too...
    Nnedi Okorafor's name is Nnedi Okorafor, not "Coates and his cabal." Coates isn't even credited on this. Unlike other books where his name appears associated with it or he specifically was interviewed about it, there's nothing I've seen that says he has any involvement in this.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

2018 was a year blessed by Bast
    Yah and lets hope it continues for the years to come.