Page 248 of 357 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 5350

thought you guys might want a look at this,

MY TAKE

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

MY TAKE
    Your treatment for a Black Panther book was great! I loved how it took a plot thread from the interaction with Skrulls and provided something that could be self contained or even be a Panther themed crossover impacting all of Marvel all at once. Him turning throne away for a more global vision is a natural evolution for T'challa. I look at him as special from past Black Panther's in a King Arthur kind of way, in the sense that he is hinted to return and be more than a king of England.

MY TAKE
    I like everything except the inner monologue ending. Sounds a bit too much like Roy Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I agree that the pacing and story telling of these first 10 issues is nonsensible, tho i don't know what's more played out between cranky Namor throwing a fit and OMG exctinction level event #3892383 that gets resolved in 4 issues.

The Miles and Kamala led ANAD Avengers team handled their exctinction level event in like half the time it was light work for them.

The blocky art is terrible. I think they pulled an okie doke bc i swear the first few pages was of the good art, and then next thing i know **** got blocky once the fighting started.

Kinda like Ewing's Ultimates...
    Yeah the art is really killing the book, those action pieces would look so much better with a different artist. **** since Acuna getting moved off BP let him draw BP in Avengers lol

there's no monolog. this is a pitch document so it's a writer describing how the book will go to an editor. normally the public never sees these. i don't do thought balloons. if the character isn't narrating the story, the only things you know about what they think is what they say out loud.
    Last edited by Redjack; 11-15-2018 at 06:30 PM.

MY TAKE
    He’s not Marvel’s Batman; he’s Marvel’s Doc Savage.
    I absolutely love it.

MY TAKE
    Going out to dinner, I'll get back to this....

I assumed he would be talking to himself for this part.

"It makes him think. Maybe he’s never been cut out for kingship. Protecting the world’s innocents from its villains and monsters has always been where his heart lies.

What is the Panther? Not a king. Not a vigilante. Not even a man. The Black Panther is a hero– always has been. It’s time he admitted it to himself and everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I assumed he would be talking to himself for this part.

"It makes him think. Maybe he’s never been cut out for kingship. Protecting the world’s innocents from its villains and monsters has always been where his heart lies.

What is the Panther? Not a king. Not a vigilante. Not even a man. The Black Panther is a hero– always has been. It’s time he admitted it to himself and everyone else."
    No. Again, this isn't a script or anything close to a script. This is a pitch document. It describes PLOT points and THEMES. I don't do thought balloons or that sort of crap dialog. no chance.
    Last edited by Redjack; 11-15-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Mighty Member

MY TAKE
    My man, my man.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Okay, Redjack your killing it in Panther quest let me just say that now. But dammit that is a good pitch. I for one would of preferred s New exciting adventure for T'Challa full of call backs to powerful foes with legit and established ties. And techno jungle. Rather then the same ole and T'Challa who is actually a planner.

I'm surprised yours got turned down in favor of rebellion for the umpteenth time. That sounds exciting and new
    That makes me even more disappointed you didn't get the gig for such an exciting bee path for T'Challa

I'm actually kind of curious what Walker's pitch would've been like.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He has a FB page, he might answer.

He didnt get BP, but he gave me Nighthawk. I'm happy.

I'll have to get the RJ treatment when I get more time but at a glance I do like it. Sounds adventury.

And I've always been on the camp that BP is a super hero who happens to be king moreso than a king that happens to be a superhero for awhile now (in the comics anyway. Just because of his history and how comics work).

Thanks for posting that though, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah the art is really killing the book, those action pieces would look so much better with a different artist. **** since Acuna getting moved off BP let him draw BP in Avengers lol
    The reason he is off BP is just because he can't keep up. Getting him on a double shipping Avengers book wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    id imagine more street level based on his marvel history.

Whatever happened to David? I found his writing to be mediocre/average but they also hampered him with some legit shitty shitty/stylized artists more than once. And marvel edited the hell out of Nighthawk it was obvious.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html