Page 42 of 357 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    As much as I love T'Challa in the Avengers, I think you can argue FF was really the best usage of him on a team.

It's a small intimate cast, where there was no overlap of redundancy as far as what T'Challa brought to the table. With no Captain AMerica or Iron Man around, there were specific things which T'CHalla was the default go-to guy for. He arguably shined better in that particular team setting than any other.
    completely agree with this. I believe this is one of the biggest issues with many team comics and that is redundant powersets/characteristics within the same team. that is a great point.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    That's stupid, since she's not Nigerian.
    I'm sure we all have encountered people using names that are not representative of their country of origins. it's not really that stupid when you think of it that way.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    completely agree with this. I believe this is one of the biggest issues with many team comics and that is redundant powersets/characteristics within the same team. that is a great point.

I'm sure we all have encountered people using names that are not representative of their country of origins. it's not really that stupid when you think of it that way.
    Her mother is Kenyan. Her father is from Harlem. "I know lets give her a name that doesn't reflect either cultural legacy!" That's stupid as hell and (predictably) lazy on Claremont's part.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by CBR
    AVENGERS #10 (#700)
    JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS, DAVID MARQUEZ & ADAM KUBERT (A)
    Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVID MARQUEZ
    VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
    VARIANT COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    VARIANT COVER BY ARTHUR ADAMS
    UNCANNY X-MEN VARIANT COVER BY ALAN DAVIS
    VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    VARIANT COVER BY GEORGE PEREZ
    THE EARTH’S MOST HATED HEROES?!

After 700 issues of saving the world, you’d think the Avengers would be due some celebration. But instead the whole world seems to be gunning for them, especially Namor’s fearsome new Defenders of the Deep and the reimagined Russian Super-Soldiers of the Winter Guard. And that’s not to mention the shocking surprise the U.S. government has in store for our heroes. Plus: The all-new Agents of Wakanda! The mystery of the Avengers of 1,000,000 BC deepens! A key revelation concerning the resurrection of Wolverine! And the next startling new Avenger is revealed!
    Wonder who will be on this team.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Her mother is Kenyan. Her father is from Harlem. "I know lets give her a name that doesn't reflect either cultural legacy!" That's stupid as hell and (predictably) lazy on Claremont's part.
    lololol alll of what u said is true. I just know people personally without names that are African in origins but are not from the country the names came from.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Super hero fodder lol

Can go hang out with Asha, Block, Vibraxas, the hickman kids, at the Wakanda forgotten pub lol

Huh, i figured the 1000000000000 BC stuff would have ended with the celestials. Guess not.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

lololol alll of what u said is true. I just know people personally without names that are African in origins but are not from the country the names came from.
    Well, sure if they live in the US or can't trace their family that makes sense and wouldn't bug me. I know a lot of people that have names that are borrowed because their parents wanted an "African" name. It's part of trying to reclaim some heritage even if it's not the right one.

But, Storm's mom would sure as hell know what the Swahili word for beauty is. Or they could have borrowed a name made famous for the Harlem Renaissance like say Zora or something like that.
    Pull List:

https://www.cbr.com/fantastic-four-ranked-strength/

T'challa made it in the top 10 of strongest F4 members.
    They put Sue at 13

They put ghost rider at 18

Lord have mercy this list is trash even for CBR standards
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

SHURI #2
    NNEDI OKORAFOR (W) • LEONARDO ROMERO (A)
    Cover by SAM SPRATT
    VARIANT COVER BY AFUA RICHARDSON
    MOVIE VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    THE SEARCH FOR T’CHALLA BEGINS!
    The king of Wakanda has been missing for weeks. Now, his little sister is tired of waiting. It’s time for Shuri — with a little help from Storm of the X-Men — to go save her brother for what must be the millionth time. But Wakanda expects the princess to take the throne — and the Panther mantle — once again. Can Wakanda survive without a Black Panther? Can Shuri?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

My Spidey sense says Dora related. Lol

Versions of T'Challa and Peggy Carter have joined the Exiles.

EXILES #10

SALADIN AHMED (w) JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A) Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA

THE COURT OF CALIPH DOOM!

Even in a world of magic carpets and wish-granting lamps, Doctor Doom rules with an iron fist! And strangers are not welcome in this fairy-tale land. Can Blink's growing team escape this eternal Arabian Night before Doom gains ultimate power?

32 pages, $3.99.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Super hero fodder lol

Can go hang out with Asha, Block, Vibraxas, the hickman kids, at the Wakanda forgotten pub lol

Huh, i figured the 1000000000000 BC stuff would have ended with the celestials. Guess not.
    The Ghost Rider who rides a mammoth get a spotlight on a future issue. I would guess each one will in turn.

SHURI #2
    Cover by SAM SPRATT
    The king of Wakanda has been missing for weeks. Now, his little sister is tired of waiting. It’s time for Shuri — with a little help from Storm of the X-Men — to go save her brother for what must be the millionth time. But Wakanda expects the princess to take the throne — and the Panther mantle — once again. Can Wakanda survive without a Black Panther? Can Shuri?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    I already added it to my pull list. They trying to make me drop it before the first issue comes out.

I saw a tweet from Nnedi a couple days ago. Shuri should be her last project unless they let her write Storm. Wants to focus on her own characters.
    Last edited by Cville; 08-21-2018 at 10:39 AM.

SHURI #2
    Cover by SAM SPRATT
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Well, at least they are acknowledging she was Panther. I still don't see why she would be unwilling to do it though.

Also, why doesn't the council just elect a new Black Panther.
    Pull List:

Well, sure if they live in the US or can't trace their family that makes sense and wouldn't bug me. I know a lot of people that have names that are borrowed because their parents wanted an "African" name. It's part of trying to reclaim some heritage even if it's not the right one.

But, Storm's mom would sure as hell know what the Swahili word for beauty is. Or they could have borrowed a name made famous for the Harlem Renaissance like say Zora or something like that.
    fair and valid points.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They put Sue at 13

They put ghost rider at 18

Lord have mercy this list is trash even for CBR standards
    cbr is infamous for it's bad lists lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Versions of T'Challa and Peggy Carter have joined the Exiles.

EXILES #10

SALADIN AHMED (w) JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A) Cover by DAVID NAKAYAMA

THE COURT OF CALIPH DOOM!

Even in a world of magic carpets and wish-granting lamps, Doctor Doom rules with an iron fist! And strangers are not welcome in this fairy-tale land. Can Blink's growing team escape this eternal Arabian Night before Doom gains ultimate power?

32 pages, $3.99.
    That version of Black Panther does have a really cool look.
    Pull List: