Page 317 of 357 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I get that. But if we are being serious being the "Best Fighter In The World" just set's the character up for being jobbed a heck of a lot in the future anyway. Look at Black Bolt. He started out as being the "Undefeated King" now gets smacked around so much you think he was Tina Turner.
    Midnight King, not Undefeated King. Unless that is something he was called back in the old days...
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I don't think there should be a "de facto" best fighter in the MU. There should be fighters everyone consider at the top compared to everyone else but not a clear line as to who is number one. Since the whole genre heavily circles around fighting having a best fighter would stiffen everyone else.

Panther is pretty much a Jack of all Trades. He's got the brains, the physical abilities, the tech, he can be stealthy, he can lead and on and on. Why not have him be the clutch man. The guy that when one Avenger is out he is right there filling that role . And when everyone is assembled he gets to do a bit of all of it being able to assist or advance as need be. He may not be the best but he is vital to the group as a whole.

- Spider-Man: strength, speed, agility, precog, stick to walls, webs
    - Cap: shield, peak human, best leader of superheroes
    - Iron Man: armor, genius
    - Thor: hammer, god of thunder
    - Hulk: strongest there is
    - Captain Marvel: flight, energy absorption, energy beams, super strength
    - Strange: sorcerer supreme
    - Hawkeye: bow nad arrow, marksman
    - Widow: spy
    - Black Panther: peak human, vibranium, Jack of All Trades.
    Yeah, I've always been fine with T'Challa not being the absolute best at anything, simply because he's better at more things than pretty much any other hero. Reeds the smartest, but he's not the best fighter in the world. My vote for best fighter in the comics (based on feats) would be Mantis, but she's not showing up on any "smartest" top 10s anytime soon. T'Challa shows up in both.

So he's got legit reasons to have bragging rights too.

In my own personal head canon, guys who are sort of good at everythng (like a Batman or a Doom or a T'Challa) aren't the absolute best at anything. If they focused on anyone thing the possibly could be, but that comes at the expense of dropping in ranking in other areas. You sacrifice being the absolute best at any one thing so you can be one of the best in a variety of things.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Midnight King, not Undefeated King. Unless that is something he was called back in the old days...
    It was in the old days. Almost every time he entered a new room Karnak or Gorgon would claim him as the King who had never lost in battle or something similar. It would often be in the characters inner monologues too.

Then one writer allowed him to get beaten for the first time and it was down hill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, I've always been fine with T'Challa not being the absolute best at anything, simply because he's better at more things than pretty much any other hero. Reeds the smartest, but he's not the best fighter in the world. My vote for best fighter in the comics (based on feats) would be Mantis, but she's not showing up on any "smartest" top 10s anytime soon. T'Challa shows up in both.

So he's got legit reasons to have bragging rights too.

In my own personal head canon, guys who are sort of good at everythng (like a Batman or a Doom or a T'Challa) aren't the absolute best at anything. If they focused on anyone thing the possibly could be, but that comes at the expense of dropping in ranking in other areas. You sacrifice being the absolute best at any one thing so you can be one of the best in a variety of things.
    That's sorta my line of thought too.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

You would be the only person in the world right now I would trust writing a BP vs Doom story
    lol

no.

i think you guys are over-thinking it.

Black Panther is Captain America x Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    The Supremacists!!! [I dont recall if there were six of them tho lol]

Modernize them

They had diverse superpowers, so fancy armor + "maximum panther" wouldn't be enough to beat them 1 on 6. He'd stil have to outsmart them, like BP is supposed to. See, it's perfect. Maybe cant call them Supremacists tho, may be a bit too on the nose.

As always I'll do what I can to help
    Zodiac. 12>6.

I think that be pretty difficult to do from a writing stand point. Once someone opens the box to a weakness in vibranium there really is no going back. It's no longer this impenetrable metal but instead it devolves into a internet meme.
    He still has his skills but this forces T'Challa to upgrade though. And it shouldn't be so much a weakness in vibranium as much as something that counters it.

It also forces T'Challa to strategize more. He has to counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    lol

no.

It's a good comparison. I sorta make the BP/Ras Asghul comparison with BP being more ethical/moral.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Has there ever been a best fighter tournament arc? If there hasn't who would be in it? All hand to hand no tech. Also like OP strength fighters.Sun-Times

Mine
    Iron Fist-Tchalla-Shang Chi-DD....
    These sorta things come up and it always gets in this weird thing where you have to put a "power limit" in somewhere to make it fair.

Like, does Gorgon get in on the fun? Or is he too strong? Dude straight up trashed Shang lol

what about Wolverine? Mantis? Gamora?

Caps an obvious inclusion

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    lol

no.

I don't think I am.

Too many writers put Doom vs T'challa together and can't get over their fanboyism of Doom.

You have two monarch super geniuses and the only stories out there are Doom making T'challa and Wakanda his personal bitch

I think you find it easy to say "Cap x Doom" because you seem to be an actual fan of the character lol.

Too many other "fans" see T'challa written to his maximum ability and take a step back and start putting limiters on him immediately.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I think what T'Challa really, REALLY needs right now is for his powers, abilities and gear to be rebased. So many things have been brought up over the past decade or less that just come and go. All of the things that make him Black Panther just need to be reestablished. Different mediums can add or remove what they want, but there needs to be a new base.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Has there ever been a best fighter tournament arc? If there hasn't who would be in it? All hand to hand no tech. Also no OP strength fighters.

Mine
    Iron Fist-Tchalla-Shang Chi-DD....
    I don't think you can credibly put any meta's in there. Once you do, it starts being less about skill and more about who is more powerful.

That said, if Metas are involved my money is on Mantis. I'd say her and Gamora are actually at the top of the list in terms of feats.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

You know, if Marvel doesn't want to give that agility power up, thats fine, I thought of an alternative.

T'challa is the best fighter in the world.
    I like it, but I might change it to it best strategist in the world.

But I like best fighter, or best warrior too

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I think what T'Challa really, REALLY needs right now is for his powers, abilities and gear to be rebased. So many things have been brought up over the past decade or less that just come and go. All of the things that make him Black Panther just need to be reestablished. Different mediums can add or remove what they want, but there needs to be a new base.
    Movie pretty much has.

Enhanced human
    vibranium mesh
    vibranium claws
    energy absorption/redirection in suit
    King
    Warrior
    Agile Fighting Style
    Confident but not stark/strange arrogant

then for comics and such, top 10 genius.

comics need to fall in line and have an arc or 10 where it is just those things and nothing else.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-10-2018 at 12:55 PM.

I dont think he can tumble like SM especially since SM can stick to surfaces, but his quickness should be equal. Wasn't there an old comic where they semi-fought he was able to catch him?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I know we've talked in the past about standard abilities that should travel series to series no matter the writer, like other characters

Spidey -webshooters, spidey-sense, agility, bad luck

Cap -shield, h2h, never-say-die, inspirational

Thor -hammer, bull-in-a-china-shop, not a big brain

Reed -pull-anything out of his ass, always stretchy, family man, loves Sue

Tony -genius, jerk, armor, repulsors

T'Challa -this is where the argument that he's good at so many things hurt him. Besides vibranium/Wakanda, what else is he known for?

He needs to be the best at something, have a signature thing.

What top 3-4 things(not just tech) should he be known for that should travel series to series, whether solo, team of guest appearance?