Page 110 of 357 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 5350

It's almost the weekend I mean why not...

Wakanda.

Intervention.

The tribal elders sit around waiting for word for their king after a long hot humid emergency budget meeting.

T'challa: "That will be all you are all dismissed."

As the last of the elders departs King T'challa turns to the farthest corner of the room and focuses his attention on an invisible shimmering anthropomorphic form staying as motionless as possible.

T'challa: "I know you are there so you can reveal yourself."

The cloaking device is turned off leaving a statically materializing Predator.

Predator: "THAT WILL BE ALL YOU ARE ALL DISMISSED!"

T'challa: "Great impression there you sound just like me African accent and all... Welcome to earth take a seat."

The Predator awkwardly walks over and takes the largest chair.

T'challa: "M'baku normally sits there so given your size I hope it's not too uncomfortable for you."

T'challa relaxes his posterior and leans in to converse with the alien species.

(sigh)

T'challa: "Gathering intel I knew you couldn't avoid the heat nor the hunt so I had a friend named Storm alter the weather conditions in Wakanda to attract you here to talk."

(another sigh)

T'challa: "Now that you are under the Disney umbrella we may need to retcon some troubling things that have happened to your franchise recently."

(one more big sigh)

T'challa: "I mean... Did you really come all the way to Earth to upgrade yourself with an autistic human child?"

(pause... like a really long pause)

T'challa: "It's okay I'm here for you... It's not your fault I mean even I have been written badly over the years and had retcons that made absolutely no sense. I was once sent out of my own advanced kingdom to a place called Hell's Kitchen where I made on the fly tech from Radioshack and had to prove myself to like no one in particular."

Predator: "AUTISTIC HUMAN CHILD!"

T'challa: "You kill me with that mimicking thing... Anyway, to me you already are kind of fearsome and to the average non-peak human hero you pose a problem but of course in the Marvel universe you are more like a low grade Sabretooth at best but I aint judging though."

(a little more pausing here)

T'challa: "Don't get me wrong I think you could work out well hunting street level heroes in Marvel like say the Punisher or Black Widow but... You have to know your own level and what makes your own shared universe work for you feel me!"

(a deep breathe)

T'challa: "I'm going to holla at my man's and them Mickey 'Money' Mouse and see if we can get you a better script and a much better budget and fix this thing for you... And we'll probably redo that Alien versus thing because Prometheus and Alien Covenant was all types of fail so let's pretend like those things never happened and pick up where Arnold left off and try again with a much better effort this time."

Predator: "PUNISHER OR BLACK WIDOW!"

T'challa: "Cute... Your AVP video games and comic books are hot I don't know why they just didn't do what was already on panel like we do here at Marvel... Give the fans what they want right instead of throwing things at the wall and see what sticks!"

(T'challa sits up)

T'challa: "THANOS!"

The Mad Titan strolls in.

T'challa: "This is Thanos, Thanos... Predator."

Thanos: "Wassup!"

T'challa: "Thanos is going to use the Infinity Gauntlet to turn your present existence to dust and then use the Time Stone so that we can rework some things okay."

Thanos: "You want to pick up at Danny Glover or..."

T'challa: "Naw, let's just start right after Arnold got to the choppa' and go from there."

Thanos: "I should also use the Reality Stone because I saw an advanced screening of his movie and was like WTF!"

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Shuri #3 cover

The covers have been really good tbh.
    I'll agree with that (and I'm not even opposed to that Groot story that is solicited), but this story bothers me for continuity reasons in at least two different ways. It would definitely need a lot of positive word of mouth before I'd check it out.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

A real man raises his son up until he is fanboy certified...

You know the kind that walks in the house with his girlfriend after a day of shopping and lays a Black Panther mask that lights up on his father's desk when he knows that his father is busy typing up some Black Panther/Predator fanfic!

https://www.target.com/p/marvel-blac...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

AND... Using his genius level intellect he fixed my falling Nakia Funko Pop problem because she wouldn't stand properly next to T'challa and Killmonger!

WTF have you done lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'll agree with that (and I'm not even opposed to that Groot story that is solicited), but this story bothers me for continuity reasons in at least two different ways. It would definitely need a lot of positive word of mouth before I'd check it out.
    Given her current track record with the mythos... I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. She doesn't get Tchalla, she doesn't get the DM.. by the solicits it appears she won't get Shuri either..

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

How much is the writer and how much is editorial? It's hard to blame the writer's lack of understanding when there's such an obvious synergy push here.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

How much is the writer and how much is editorial? It's hard to blame the writer's lack of understanding when there's such an obvious synergy push here.
    Will we get to a point when as readers we wont just look at writer and artist, but also the editor?
    Last edited by Cville; 09-20-2018 at 09:23 PM.

wait I just realized something. If the cartoon was in production before the film and they didn't talk to the movie team at all than the new BP cartoon might go the Malice route!!!!!!!!
    The J-man

I always love how acrobatic tchalla is in cartoons. Moves exactly how I would want.

MCU did the same thing... he is much "fancier" mover/fighter than the other peak humans.

Seems harder to get that across in the comics for whatever reason

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    That's just them speaking in code lol

Bless their hearts
    Yep very very very very obvious code

In one breath they say the Avengers should have non alist people like wasp, pym, hawkeye, witch, whatever

next breath they bitch about tchalla leading

then next breath they say tchalla isn't A list and its only because of the movie.

but if tchalla isn't a list then shouldn't they be happy becase that i what they wanted first??

There weren't no complaints int he first 7 issues where it seems like the usual triplet was going to lead...

I have no idea if it is editorial or writer.

Nnedi high concept sci fi african girl power! thing aligns perfectly with MOVIE Shuri. So I am inclined to think it is a little of both in regards to editorial vs writer.

But, the issue with Nnedi and where she takes full blame (imo) is the execution of the idea.

1. I don't think he is a very good comic writer. Not horrible just average.

2. I don't think she really cares about the mythos. At least that is how it comes across. If she came out and said that she has only read Coates run and then watched the movie I would believe her 100%. Malice was unrecognizable. It was like she did a quick wiki search on her and moved on.

3. It is too early to judge fully based on interviews and solicits... but Coates interviews and solicts gave off warning signs and it ended up being true... but it really feels like Nnedi hasn't read any of Hudlin's Shuri or Liss or Hickman. So she thinks she can just take Coates "base" and throw in the movie stuff and that just doesn't work at all.

A prequel would have solved all of this
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    It's almost the weekend I mean why not...

Wakanda.

Intervention.

The tribal elders sit around waiting for word for their king after a long hot humid emergency budget meeting.

T'challa: "That will be all you are all dismissed."

As the last of the elders departs King T'challa turns to the farthest corner of the room and focuses his attention on an invisible shimmering anthropomorphic form staying as motionless as possible.

T'challa: "I know you are there so you can reveal yourself."

The cloaking device is turned off leaving a statically materializing Predator.

Predator: "THAT WILL BE ALL YOU ARE ALL DISMISSED!"

T'challa: "Great impression there you sound just like me African accent and all... Welcome to earth take a seat."

The Predator awkwardly walks over and takes the largest chair.

T'challa: "M'baku normally sits there so given your size I hope it's not too uncomfortable for you."

T'challa relaxes his posterior and leans in to converse with the alien species.

(sigh)

T'challa: "Gathering intel I knew you couldn't avoid the heat nor the hunt so I had a friend named Storm alter the weather conditions in Wakanda to attract you here to talk."

(another sigh)

T'challa: "Now that you are under the Disney umbrella we may need to retcon some troubling things that have happened to your franchise recently."

(one more big sigh)

T'challa: "I mean... Did you really come all the way to Earth to upgrade yourself with an autistic human child?"

(pause... like a really long pause)

T'challa: "It's okay I'm here for you... It's not your fault I mean even I have been written badly over the years and had retcons that made absolutely no sense. I was once sent out of my own advanced kingdom to a place called Hell's Kitchen where I made on the fly tech from Radioshack and had to prove myself to like no one in particular."

Predator: "AUTISTIC HUMAN CHILD!"

T'challa: "You kill me with that mimicking thing... Anyway, to me you already are kind of fearsome and to the average non-peak human hero you pose a problem but of course in the Marvel universe you are more like a low grade Sabretooth at best but I aint judging though."

(a little more pausing here)

T'challa: "Don't get me wrong I think you could work out well hunting street level heroes in Marvel like say the Punisher or Black Widow but... You have to know your own level and what makes your own shared universe work for you feel me!"

(a deep breathe)

T'challa: "I'm going to holla at my man's and them Mickey 'Money' Mouse and see if we can get you a better script and a much better budget and fix this thing for you... And we'll probably redo that Alien versus thing because Prometheus and Alien Covenant was all types of fail so let's pretend like those things never happened and pick up where Arnold left off and try again with a much better effort this time."

Predator: "PUNISHER OR BLACK WIDOW!"

T'challa: "Cute... Your AVP video games and comic books are hot I don't know why they just didn't do what was already on panel like we do here at Marvel... Give the fans what they want right instead of throwing things at the wall and see what sticks!"

(T'challa sits up)

T'challa: "THANOS!"

The Mad Titan strolls in.

T'challa: "This is Thanos, Thanos... Predator."

Thanos: "Wassup!"

T'challa: "Thanos is going to use the Infinity Gauntlet to turn your present existence to dust and then use the Time Stone so that we can rework some things okay."

Thanos: "You want to pick up at Danny Glover or..."

T'challa: "Naw, let's just start right after Arnold got to the choppa' and go from there."

Thanos: "I should also use the Reality Stone because I saw an advanced screening of his movie and was like WTF!"

Hilarious son! Please drop that mic on the way off the stage my brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I always love how acrobatic tchalla is in cartoons. Moves exactly how I would want.

MCU did the same thing... he is much "fancier" mover/fighter than the other peak humans.

Seems harder to get that across in the comics for whatever reason

Yep very very very very obvious code

In one breath they say the Avengers should have non alist people like wasp, pym, hawkeye, witch, whatever

next breath they bitch about tchalla leading

then next breath they say tchalla isn't A list and its only because of the movie.

but if tchalla isn't a list then shouldn't they be happy becase that i what they wanted first??

There weren't no complaints int he first 7 issues where it seems like the usual triplet was going to lead...

I have no idea if it is editorial or writer.

Nnedi high concept sci fi african girl power! thing aligns perfectly with MOVIE Shuri. So I am inclined to think it is a little of both in regards to editorial vs writer.

But, the issue with Nnedi and where she takes full blame (imo) is the execution of the idea.

1. I don't think he is a very good comic writer. Not horrible just average.

2. I don't think she really cares about the mythos. At least that is how it comes across. If she came out and said that she has only read Coates run and then watched the movie I would believe her 100%. Malice was unrecognizable. It was like she did a quick wiki search on her and moved on.

3. It is too early to judge fully based on interviews and solicits... but Coates interviews and solicts gave off warning signs and it ended up being true... but it really feels like Nnedi hasn't read any of Hudlin's Shuri or Liss or Hickman. So she thinks she can just take Coates "base" and throw in the movie stuff and that just doesn't work at all.

"b-b-but Tchalla isn't a core Avenger! Aaron is acting like he has been a core member as long as Cap Tony and Thor!! This list of white heroes are much more deserving of leading the Avengers before Tchalla!!"
    "There is no synergy with Tchalla leading the Avengers Aaron just hamfisted him into the big 4 claiming he has always been a founding member, you can tell from his interview!!" (Checks interview) nope..

As for Nnedi.. She hasn't done any research at all it's clear on Long live, Wakanda forever, and I have a suspicion that Shuri book will be the same. Marvel needs to only hire people like narcisse and hill to do anything BP related since they actually do research and don't go off Coates and wiki

Extraordinary Member

If this quote was printed on a shirt, I'd wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because she's f--king Wakanda's king.

I don't know about yall but I can't sugar-coat how bad a fit Nnedi is for this mytho.

My observations from jump:

• She admitted in an interview that Marvel specifically asked her to handle the 'Nakia situation' and had to state several times that this Nakia was not movie Nakia, and that she was a big Storm fan. This was before the mini started and she was already putting up a defense and propping up an x-character for a bp book. So from jump i was questioning her intentions, and that's not even factoring her previous 'attempt' at writing a BP book.

• All 3 of the Dora issues relied on random guest-appearance teamups with Spider-Man, X-Men, and Avengers.. with #1 issue numberings for each .. which made me feel like she didn't trust herself to tell a compelling story (or never had a story to tell) and just needed a means to an end (kill Nakia) with shameless marketing tactics to stay afloat, while shoe-horning her favorite character (Storm).

• These first few Shuri solicits feel like the same song and dance. Ain't got nothing to say and is just put on these books because clearly there should be a book about Shuri, but editorial is too lazy to vet black female writers (or just any female writer) that actually has something to say. And again, random guest-appearance teamups with x-characters and mcu characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    "b-b-but Tchalla isn't a core Avenger! Aaron is acting like he has been a core member as long as Cap Tony and Thor!! This list of white heroes are much more deserving of leading the Avengers before Tchalla!!"
    "There is no synergy with Tchalla leading the Avengers Aaron just hamfisted him into the big 4 claiming he has always been a founding member, you can tell from his interview!!" (Checks interview) nope..
    It'd be refreshing if they'd just stop the sugar-coating and spit it out: "I don't like it because he's black and I feel threatened by the symbolism cotdamn it!"

Instead of talking in riddles and getting mad when we question their make believe points

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Killmonger's mini seems like the writer actually has something to say

Rise mini, the writer actually had something to say

All these other satelite books in the last 2.5 years of mainstream BP popularity, largely hopeless. BP vs Deadpool may very well have more depth than the Shuri and Dora books combined. Which would be inexcusable

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I don't know about yall but I can't sugar-coat how bad a fit Nnedi is for this mytho.

My observations from jump:

• She admitted in an interview that Marvel specifically asked her to handle the 'Nakia situation' and had to state several times that this Nakia was not movie Nakia, and that she was a big Storm fan. This was before the mini started and she was already putting up a defense and propping up an x-character for a bp book. So from jump i was questioning her intentions, and that's not even factoring her previous 'attempt' at writing a BP book.

• All 3 of the Dora issues relied on random guest-appearance teamups with Spider-Man, X-Men, and Avengers.. with #1 issue numberings for each .. which made me feel like she didn't trust herself to tell a compelling story (or never had a story to tell) and just needed a means to an end (kill Nakia) with shameless marketing tactics to stay afloat, while shoe-horning her favorite character (Storm).

• These first few Shuri solicits feel like the same song and dance. Ain't got nothing to say and is just put on these books because clearly there should be a book about Shuri, but editorial is too lazy to vet black female writers (or just any female writer) that actually has something to say. And again, random guest-appearance teamups with x-characters and mcu characters.
    This right here. What is with marvel and getting people who are x fans all these chances at writing BP stories with their tactics to keep them relevant (Coates, Nnedi) while those who actually like the mythos and have something to say (narcisse, rembert) who did good numbers by their own rights get short changed one and dones, or in narcisse Case, has second billing in his own mini and has to fight every interview stating this is his story and coates is simply a consultant, yet kept getting credit for Evans work who was able to stabilize his minis numbers bwhile coates kept having his spin offs cancelled due to poor writing of the title Character