Page 28 of 357 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If she had stopped talking at stabbing Namor, I wouldn't complain. If this is 12 issues, a four issue explanation with this info would have been perfect. But now I know so it no longer matters.
    I agree with this. Basically Coates ruined it by not showing it and by saying he met some end. Like this story is just time skipping without any of the cool stuff we want to to see. Draw people in, take advantage of thebA list artist by giving them something to draw. The last Issue with the dogfight was at least fun. Give more action and less talking

Pulled off of FB. Can't confirm if it is offical, but I can dig it.

It's a trash mystery. This isn't "what is the One Piece" or the "Galactic Layline" anime references. Lol. The stuff in the the discussion is the stuff I would want to see. Now he's buried the lead by saying he already succeeded. Being a future story none of it really matters ,but even Cates did a flashback issue for Thanos showing what happened. Only mystery left is why he got chucked into the mines and how/why he is in the future. Which as Cates showed with Thanos, it down at really matter because it will most likely be erased. But those moments would have been a more fun ride if it unfolded linearly.
    And IF Coates is that BP we probably will get a flashback over how he survived, lost his memory, etc. It's only if he's not that we likely won't get a flashback because in that case it would be just a red herring.

It's a non linear story because it's a mystery and if we see it unfold in a linear manner we get answer upfront rather than in the climax.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    And IF Coates is that BP we probably will get a flashback over how he survived, lost his memory, etc. It's only if he's not that we likely won't get a flashback because in that case it would be just a red herring.

It's a non linear story because it's a mystery and if we see it unfold in a linear manner we get answer upfront rather than in the climax.
    That only works if the writer is actually good enough to handle it properly.

For almost a decade now, I've had to deal with fans telling me "It'll all make sense at the end!", and it almost never did. I heard it with Bendis, with Hickman, and now with Coates.

The problem I have is that TNC has shown that actually answering questions does not interest him. That's why we know almost nothing about Zenzi, even less about "Mother", and STILL don't know where the Orishas went, despite that last question supposedly being the driving force of the second half of his run.

In other words, "prove it".

Pulled off of FB. Can't confirm if it is offical, but I can dig it.

its from the BP art book
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    That only works if the writer is actually good enough to handle it properly.

For almost a decade now, I've had to deal with fans telling me "It'll all make sense at the end!", and it almost never did. I heard it with Bendis, with Hickman, and now with Coates.

The problem I have is that TNC has shown that actually answering questions does not interest him. That's why we know almost nothing about Zenzi, even less about "Mother", and STILL don't know where the Orishas went, despite that last question supposedly being the driving force of the second half of his run.

In other words, "prove it".
    Yeah, there is a very real chance that the, "how did T'challa end up here" ends up being a, "who knows" answer lol.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Get the Exclusive First Details of the Marvel Knights 20th Anniversary Celebration

Announcing artists for the new six issue event and more!

PUBLISHED AUGUST 17, 2018 BY TUCKER CHET MARKUS
    Beginning this November, return to the unmistakable aura that defines the murky and mysterious Marvel Knights with a brand-new six issue limited series to celebrate the iconic imprint’s 20th anniversary!
    Marvel Knights 20th
    Series showrunner Donny Cates is joined by all-star writers Matthew Rosenberg, Tini Howard, and Vita Ayala as the Marvel Knights ride again. Daredevil, the Punisher, Black Panther, Elektra, and others attempt to unravel a mystery that affects every hero and villain in the Marvel Universe. And now it can be revealed that titanically talented artists Travel Foreman and Niko Henrichon will craft the action in issues #1 and #2 respectively! Covers will be contributed by the showstopping Geoff Shaw, and the genius Jae Lee will create a set of variant covers as well!
    And this is just the beginning of a massive Marvel Knights celebration on its way.
    In addition to Cates’ concussive limited series, fans can look forward to a digital comics promotion and a variant program featuring the work of A-list talent such as John Cassaday, JG Jones, and Terry Dodson! Plus, don’t miss a set of new trade paperbacks featuring the best of Marvel Knights, as well as two brand-new Omnibus editions.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=55692977

That was 50% cool 50% trash.

And I mostly question the method of story telling. How you going to skip all the good stuff. Those moments before the mines should have be actual full issues.

And he didn't pass up an opportunity to put Storm above Tchalla. Lol
    I can see why that annoys you. I don't mind that it was skipped over personally

Lol how bad has this been?
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I can see why that annoys you. I don't mind that it was skipped over personally

Lol how bad has this been?
    I thought the art for Wakanda Forever was pretty terrible.

I think the writing is OKAY I guess. Comes off like a Saturday Morning cartoon more than anything else. But nothing really bothers me about it on the writing side.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I thought the art for Wakanda Forever was pretty terrible.

I think the writing is OKAY I guess. Comes off like a Saturday Morning cartoon more than anything else. But nothing really bothers me about it on the writing side.
    Mediocre story telling and beautiful art in the BP Solo.

Average storytelling and ugly art In Wakanda forever.

This is NOT how you treat your biggest solo superhero property

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Wakanda Is Crucial in Avengers 4, According to the Russo Brothers

https://www.themarysue.com/wakanda-a...usso-brothers/
    They said that in the first movie. Saying that brings in some of that 700 mil dollar domestic money.

So, they can put up or shut up this time. Because last time, I saw a wakanda that was barely realized and unimpressive respectively in that war effort. A Tchalla that got little feats and his coolest modern feat of beating Black Dwarf...a scene that I had been dreaming of seeing in motion picture when Hickman wrote it...including every line of Tchalla's "I am the warrior you are looking for...I an The Black Panther...I am the Kind of the Dead...and soon to be your new lord." quote followed by an spectacular acrobatic takedown of the giant!

But what did we get. a 2 second punch to the head that was quickly panned away from. followed by an ever so pointless, completely goofy, and clownish victory given to Bruce Banner (and the actor that plays him who no one cares about) nocive-ly in a Suit that Stark made for a weaker foe than Dwarf.

So bump what they saw.
    Last edited by Ekie; 08-17-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    They said that in the first movie. Saying that brings in some of that 700 mil dollar domestic money.

So, they can put up or shut up this time. Because last time, I saw a wakanda that was barely realized and unimpressive respectively in that war effort. A Tchalla that got little feats and his coolest modern feat of beating Black Dwarf...a scene that I had been dreaming of seeing in motion picture when Hickman wrote it...including every line of Tchalla's "I am the warrior you are looking for...I an The Black Panther...I am the Kind of the Dead...and soon to be your new lord." quote followed by an spectacular acrobatic takedown of the giant!

But what did we get. a 2 second punch to the head that was quickly panned away from. followed by an ever so pointless, completely goofy, and clownish victory given to Bruce Banner (and the actor that plays him who no one cares about) nocive-ly in a Suit that Stark made for a weaker foe than Dwarf.

So bump what they saw.
    They said Wakanda, not T'challa.

Which makes sense, since T'challa is dust.

The movie can still use Shuri, Wakanda tech, vibranium, Okoye, M'baku, and then T'challa once he's resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    They said Wakanda, not T'challa.

Which makes sense, since T'challa is dust.

The movie can still use Shuri, Wakanda tech, vibranium, Okoye, M'baku, and then T'challa once he's resurrected.

To some fans Batman is Gotham

BANNED

So bump what they saw.
    Agreed 100%.

To some fans Batman is Gotham
    I mean, I generally agree with this statement but in this very specific circumstance where the main character is fertilizing the Wakanda jungle, it is a little different