Page 116 of 357 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    With the time scaling, he is probably close to my age or a little over or under now. He probably grew up on Toonami. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    We just gotta keep the vibranium pitchforks on their ass. None of that happy to be here ish; we'll be as insufferable as spidey and batman fans in their prime if that's what it takes in this superhero politics game hahaha. And i'm still waiting for that BP announcement that terrible youtube woman claimed she got the scoop on a couple weeks ago.
    Yeah gotta raise hell "Wakanda news is that!? I want T'Challa front and center dammit!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I suspect he will, in his new mini. They've already given him the scarification....
    I would think that intergalactic N'jadakas suit will also come back with him. Though I think Hudlin's predator look was the best personally

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    With the time scaling, he is probably close to my age or a little over or under now. He probably grew up on Toonami. Lol.
    I grew up with Toonami too, I grew up with the first Toonami with the OG Tom
    Last edited by Jabare; 09-22-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    The J-man

I grew up with Toonami too, I grew up with the first Toonami with the OG Tom
    Those were the after school days. Got me started on DBZ and Gundam

I grew up with BATTLE OF THE PLANETS & STAR BLAZERS.

I grew up with BATTLE OF THE PLANETS & STAR BLAZERS.
    Cartoon Network called it G-Force and it threw me off for years
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Would you all like for Killmonger to get his own Golden Jaguar habit in the comics similar to how he had it in the movie?
    There are no jaguars in Africa. Please don't use that name.

someone remind me to make a Gif of 1:22 to 1:26

she's a goddess

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    so Golden Leopard than?
    The J-man

Incredible Member

so Golden Leopard than?
    Yessir

Lol it was such a random and purposeless change for them to call it golden jaguar instead of golden leopard on the toys/merch

Golden leopard even sounds cooler imo

BP's been around since the 60s yet the only animated character we got for him was Klaw. Glad to see they are delving a little deeper into his character pool
    M'Baku was in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Actually, I don't think T'Challa ever directly encountered or fought Klaw in EMH.

Jaguar may have been used as a symbol that Monger has been influenced by his time in America.

Cartoon Network called it G-Force and it threw me off for years
    That was the Ted Turner redub, which replaced names like Mark & Jason with Ace Goodheart & Dirk Daring. *smh*

To drag things back on topic, I wonder if their uniforms used the same tech as T'Challa's Priest-era suit.

How do feel about those rumored reports that friend Carol will be the face of the MCU moving forward, before her movie even drops?
    I agree wholeheartedly. That they said they'd have retroactively given BP more to do in A3 bc of his movie success.. but have stated from jump that Carol will be the face of the MCU (allegedly), most powerful hero (Fiege), and front center in A4 (closing credits), all before her movie comes out... that's a bit disrespectful. For 10 years they measured face of the mcu by profitability (Iron Man) and profitability was always the baseless claim used to argue against black superhero leads.

So now that the most profitable superhero is black, we damn sure ain't gonna gloss over T'Chadwick when it comes to "face of the mcu". He better be all up in the video in all Avenger movies and MCU events moving forward. Better reshoot half that damn A4 movie lol
    I'll do you one better (insert why is gamora drax joke).

How come there werent 1500 articles, comments by feige, about making the MCU more black/ethnic/POC like there are about making the MCU more (white) female because of Carol?

The energy for this Carol movie is completely different than the energy for BP. It's like they think the box office and insane merch sales were a fluke instead of realizing they have a thirsty population wanting more. I feel as if the energy for the BP movie came from outside of Disney... it came from fans and black people lol. All i really remember from Marvel was talking about how this was their best movie (which is true).

One thing working against BP promotional wise was that Ragnorak came out in Novemeber, and I think TLJ was in December right? Carol, on the other hand, pretty much as 6 months of pure Marvel build up

These last 2.5 years of satellite books have been largely embarrassing, if not disrespectful in their negligence of BP (BP Rise aside). Would you agree?
    /
    They went cheap with it. Embarrassing. "Find one of Coates buddies and throw some art on there and call it good."

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Yeah, being able to evolve what is established is a sign of a good writer. But being able to reinvent a character in a fresh and interesting way can also be the sign of a good writer.
    She isn't reinventing Shuri though. She is just taking the MCU version and smashing it together.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Truth i don't feel the head honchos have really knocked it out of the park on any of their picks for BP and BP related books. Evans showed real promise, as I recently read his RoBP, give him more time and he easily trumps any of the current writers. Why are there no top comicbook writers on his books? If they can't aside, or none of them WANT to do BP books then Poach the best from your competitors and pay them the top dollar. He'll BP movie money has shown that he is worth the risk. There's a BP cartoon coming out for Pete's sake. Get Coates the hell outta there and give us a Panther lead and themed crossover that shakes the heavens. Why are they moving back to emphasizing the same old stuff?
    Well, part of the problem is that the limit the BP writers to "black people only."

Then, since they had sales success with Coates, a non comic writer, they tried to do the same thing with Gay, Browne, Zenzi writer chick, Evans, guy who wrote those two issues of Long Live the King, and then Nnedi. Largely unsuccessful there IMO.

That's from MARVEL ATLAS #2, from 2008
    Is that a comic book or like an "encyclopedia" thing?

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Would you all like for Killmonger to get his own Golden Jaguar habit in the comics similar to how he had it in the movie?
    No. Most artist wouldn't be able to draw it. They don't even try with BP, I don't see them trying with that much more difficult suit.

Yea Evans was real solid, even more so when factoring the restrictions of writing an origin story vs the freedom to map out several arcs to push the mytho forward.

The satellite books have largely been lazy cash grabs with cheap art to mitigate costs. The books that they took serious (RoBP) had great art to match the effort and the direction. And if you look at the Killmonger artist (Juan Ferreyra) ability, you can tell immediately that his talent matches the effort the writer has expressed he made in crafting the book. It's a very RoBP vibe i'm getting there.

However, and to your point, that same energy needs to be put not only into the flagship book but to satellite and crossover books that star BP. Making him chairman and stuff like BPvsDP is a solid foot forward but no more limiting him when the x-men pull like 5 mini crossover events out their ass every 5 months that run concurrently and don't make a lick of sentence continuity wise lol. No excuses
    It's stunning... good writers plus good art helps books? I'm stunned

We just gotta keep the vibranium pitchforks on their ass. None of that happy to be here ish; we'll be as insufferable as spidey and batman fans in their prime if that's what it takes in this superhero politics game hahaha. And i'm still waiting for that BP announcement that terrible youtube woman claimed she got the scoop on a couple weeks ago.
    My pitchfork has been sharp and ready to go. Even inside the fanbase lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Jaguar may have been used as a symbol that Monger has been influenced by his time in America.
    ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    M'Baku was in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Actually, I don't think T'Challa ever directly encountered or fought Klaw in EMH.
    Yeah, didn't Jan or Hank fight him while M'baku was fighting T'challa?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html