Page 66 of 357 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Naw, F that. T'challa can figure it out himself or talk to a centuries worth of Black Panthers and Warriors.

Don't need him running to the dude he just stabbed for help lol
    This^^^^^^^^^

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm not too sure entirely who I'd pick as Achebe but I think Denzel is a good choice just for his name and that he can bring a sort of physical menance to the role, which I think is needed. Priest's Achebe is very much inspired by the Joker but I'd like the potential MCU version to be a little less hammy and jokey, and more lowkey and physically capable. Kinda like the late Phillip Seymour Hoffman's villain in Mission: Impossible III. Not that he can exactly fight T'Challa or even Nakia or Okoye but he's no slouch either. Someone that may be a threat to Shuri perhaps.

I've been thinking the BP sequel should play up on the spy elements of the film that were inspired by the James Bond and Mission: Impossible franchises. Have T'Challa, Nakia and Okoye being the field agents that head to exotic locations and doing all the cool missions, with Shuri being the tech backup and comedy relief. It could work with what's been set up with Wakanda being open to the rest of the world and the outreach centres that have or are being set up. Maybe you can have the team travel around the African continent (and hopefully they can actually shoot in some of those locations this time since they wanted to) helping those in need and rescuing people (they could tackle the slave trade crisis in Libya as well). You can then have maybe the same story arc with Achebe from the comics but maybe taking out the Mephisto bits and the part with Ramonda (forcefully) betraying T'Challa.

Actually you can have the team as T'Challa, Nakia and Shuri as the continent/globe-trotting team, while Ramonda is in Wakanda to watch the throne with Okoye for support.

I like this idea but if Killmonger is to come back, Coogler and Marvel have to be careful to not turn him into Loki, who as of late was a shadow of himself before he was killed. If they're just gonna keep him in the Ancestral Plane, that's cool. But if they're actually going to bring him back to life, then he more or less needs to remain the same kind of character. That'll work best if Coogler is still at the helm.

Killmonger in the Ancestral Plane would be interesting because where would he be exactly? T'Challa visiting T'Chaka in a vast field that looked like Wakanda's outer landscape makes sense because T'Chaka was buried back home but it also represents T'Challa view of home and access to his African heritage. N'Jobu, however was still in his apartment with the purple skies outside, and that's where Killmonger went to meet him. T'Challa aparently does bury Killmonger in Wakanda (and probably not in the ocean) but his heart is clearly still in that apartment. I think it'll be aptly tragic if that's where Killmonger's soul goes when T'Challa goes to see him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    This would only give more fuel to the folks who think Killmonger would have been a better leader than T'Challa lol.
    Naw, F that. T'challa can figure it out himself or talk to a centuries worth of Black Panthers and Warriors.

Don't need him running to the dude he just stabbed for help lol

Again it would be the Hannibal Lector role. He goes to see someone else who knows about a extreme challenger. It doesn't even have to be TChalla seeking Killmonger,but Killmonger seeking him.

Also Killmonger…...wouldn't really help....instead he's trying to figure out a way to escape.

That way you have cool interactions, but still keep him as a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Again it would be the Hannibal Lector role. He goes to see someone else who knows about a extreme challenger. It doesn't even have to be TChalla seeking Killmonger,but Killmonger seeking him.

Also Killmonger…...wouldn't really help....instead he's trying to figure out a way to escape.

That way you have cool interactions, but still keep him as a villain.
    Seems like a waste of screen time personally.

Other than getting name dropped here and there, I really don't need or want Killmonger in BP2. He came, he conquered, he died, he done lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Damn... I love how depending on the context Killmonger can seem truly heroic and tragic. The markings of a good protagonist/antagonist dynamic.

This is one of my favourite ones though. This one is just tough.

I really wish I knew how to edit videos. I would have the Zuri/Killmonger moments. Have Zuri look at him as an adult and then cut to little ERik playing basketball. Then later on when Zuri stops the fight and Killmonger processes who he really is...flashback to a young Zuri and then have the "I'll take you both Uncle James."
    I actually don't think this is necessary at all. I think we've come to expect this way too much with comic book movies, especially MCU ones. Not that it doesn't lead to great fight scenes and I don't enjoy it, but it'll be a nice change of pace both for BP and the MCU if he's solely challenged intellectually, morally, politically, and ideologically. Killmonger was most of those things (which is what actually makes him a great villain) but he also had that physical aspect which makes him like every other MCU villain (again not exactly a bad thing).

I think having one villain like Achebe who's smart, driven, and crazy will force Coogler and Robert Cole (if he returns for the sequel) to be a lot more creative with the script. Nolan was able to do this with the Joker and it worked. Perhaps if because T'Challa is so physically capable, Achebe can use his enhanced senses as a weakness with technology? That's about it really, but I want a villain that challenges T'Challa aside from the physical so his brains can actually be put on display.
    Yea I want the final battle to be a battle of wits.

Nolan did a great job of switching it up in films. Bane was the physical battle, but after the mental battle of the Joker.

I would love if the "battle" is a mental game that TChalla has to win. It can even be a Wakandan created game. Think of it like the chess game in Seventh Seal or the which drink is poisoned in Princess Bride.

Just make the game Wakandan. You foreshadow it by having T'Challa explain it to Shuri early in the movie.

From Boss Logic

I could see Achebe or Mephisto using alchemy to turn a general named Solomon into a pterodactyl looking beast quite easily
    A general? Or a former friend that is now a prisoner for siding with Erik...

Nah for real though BPs ending perfectly transitions into an enemy of the state story. Relief center/tomorrow fund start up, Tchalla starts hearing that people are going missing, achebe is behind it, perfect set up

Denzel Washington... Denzel Washington Lite (His son)... Orlando Jones...

All great picks for Achebe but my choice goes to that special someone that stole scenes from the great Tom Hanks!

A Wardog comes home to Wakanda because that shipment of vibranium promised by the then current king Killmonger never arrived and he is just a little pissed about that... Especially now that Wakanda has repurposed the Wardog Initiative for more diplomatic relations with the rest of the world!

Achebe: "Look at me, look at me... I'm the King of Wakanda now!"

Add into that the loss of the heart shaped herb making King T'challa the only possible reigning king forever on and the returning Wardog's which could include Moses Magnum and Solomon Prey among other disgruntled employees about the new regime directions internationally!

Also... Make Queen Divine Justice Killmonger's MCU black militant mother (who didn't die in prison) but now has a blood rite to be in Wakanda at least to try to make peace among the rival family members (insert ulterior motives) and you have more than enough of a rogues gallery to set it off in Wakanda each with an angle towards the throne now that Wakanda is a little off it's game recently!

I would steer clear of Achebe being too much like the Joker unless you like having the direct comparisons to Nolan's Dark Knight and he could dabble in mystic arts further distancing him from what the late Heath Ledger did on screen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    From Boss Logic
    This looks beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would also like to add that, had Coates started S1 with this story rather then the foolery he pulled, alot of fans here would of been more receptive.

Now he is fighting an uphill battle abd a couple of okay issues aren't going to sway BP enthusiasts as he is merely a issue or panel away from going back to what we are used to seeing from him as per the norm.

Especially since he has failed to Stick any sort of landing thus far in all BP related book's he has written
    If season 1 started with T'challa in space the same people who didn't like that it started with a fractured wakanda would have still complained.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RDMXV View Post
    If season 1 started with T'challa in space the same people who didn't like that it started with a fractured wakanda would have still complained.
    I see no lies detected.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Considering it's an alternate universe and Tchalla is shown actually doing ****, I disagree. People wouldn't be singing his name from the rooftops but there would be more room and benefit of the doubt. The problem with S1 is Coates went out if his way to make men, Wakanda, and Tchalla look like **** and had issue's coming up that T'Challa himself didn't handle. It was handled by pet Characters

Seen the problem here is that done people have this notion that BP enthusiast dislike coates just because, and nothing he does would be Okay and that's so far from the truth, it's astounding that this faux argument keeps coming up
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 08-27-2018 at 02:28 PM.

BANNED

And you base this assumption on what exactly?

Are you a mind reader of some sort?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Considering it's an alternate universe and Tchalla is shown actually doing ****, I disagree. People wouldn't be singing his name from the rooftops but there would be more room and benefit of the doubt. The problem with S1 is Coates went out if his way to make men, Wakanda, and Tchalla look like **** and had issue's coming up that T'Challa himself didn't handle. It was handled by pet Characters

Seen the problem here is that done people have this notion that BP enthusiast dislike coates just because, and nothing he does would be Okay and that's so far from the truth, it's astounding that this faux argument keeps coming up
    It's a faux argument brought up by folks to lazy to actually think outside of the cheap shade throwing box.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I see no lies detected.
    Plenty of lies detected.

The folks who dislike Coates butchering of Panther for his 3 pets are folks who took time to give the man a shot by READING Season 1.

Many of us stayed till the end and left season 2. Coates would have been given his fair shot nonetheless.

If he had started with Wakanda in Space with a B story showing how effective Shuri & Doras and even Storm were in protecting Wakanda with him MIA-would have been better than what we got.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Plenty of lies detected.

The folks who dislike Coates butchering of Panther for his 3 pets are folks who took time to give the man a shot by READING Season 1.

Many of us stayed till the end and left season 2. Coates would have been given his fair shot nonetheless.

If he had started with Wakanda in Space with a B story showing how effective Shuri & Doras and even Storm were in protecting Wakanda with him MIA-would have been better than what we got.
    I detect no falsehoods in this erudite post.

I do however, detect logic.