Page 43 of 357 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

So all that **** about monarchy, new government, democracy, blah blah and they country goes to hell when t'challa is gone for a couple weeks?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So all that **** about monarchy, new government, democracy, blah blah and they country goes to hell when t'challa is gone for a couple weeks?
    Yeah, why doesn't Changamire just go pontificate and talk their issues into submission.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    SHURI #2
    NNEDI OKORAFOR (W) • LEONARDO ROMERO (A)
    Cover by SAM SPRATT
    VARIANT COVER BY AFUA RICHARDSON
    MOVIE VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    THE SEARCH FOR T’CHALLA BEGINS!
    The king of Wakanda has been missing for weeks. Now, his little sister is tired of waiting. It’s time for Shuri — with a little help from Storm of the X-Men — to go save her brother for what must be the millionth time. But Wakanda expects the princess to take the throne — and the Panther mantle — once again. Can Wakanda survive without a Black Panther? Can Shuri?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Nice to see Storm and Shuri interacting. We never got a whole lot of that.

I always thought it was weird that Shuri had such a small role in Hudlins book until the very end of his run. I don't even recall her being at BP's wedding, so her and Storm never got a whole lot of interaction. Cool that we're getting more now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Are you guys STILL talking about the "translation" of T'Challa?

I wonder what T'Chaka stands for... "He who dies to drive the plot", maybe?

I suppose this would be a bad time to mention that "Ororo", in Swahili, translates to "soft, mild".

(And "vegetable oil" in Yoruba. )

Seriously, move on. I seriously doubt Coates cares as much as you folks do.

Bast's little kittens...
    You know I had a whole thing typed out.. I saw this post, I laughed and accidentally deleted my whole post..
    This was good stuff BoG thanks for pulling me back. There are some who you simply gotta just let em do them

INFINITY WARS: GHOST PANTHER #1 (of 2)
    JED MACKAY (W) • JEFTE PALO (A)
    Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY ADAM KUBERT
    DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS
    Stripped of his kingdom, Prince T’Challa of Wakanda becomes a stunt performer under an assumed name…until a tragic accident and a sinister deal give him the power he needs to free his people!

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Nice to see Storm and Shuri interacting. We never got a whole lot of that.

I always thought it was weird that Shuri had such a small role in Hudlins book until the very end of his run. I don't even recall her being at BP's wedding, so her and Storm never got a whole lot of interaction. Cool that we're getting more now.
    It's because most of Hudlin's run takes place outside of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    Stripped of his kingdom, Prince T’Challa of Wakanda becomes a stunt performer under an assumed name…until a tragic accident and a sinister deal give him the power he needs to free his people!
    This is so ludicrous that I'm excited about it
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BLACK PANTHER #6
    TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • JEN BARTEL (A)
    COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA & DANIEL ACUñA
    UNCANNY X-MEN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    “THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA” PART 6 – THE END OF ARC 1!
    T’Challa and the Maroons renew their war against the Empire. But N’Jadaka is watching — and he knows exactly how dangerous the Black Panther can be. Witness at last the rise of Emperor N’Jadaka and the Exalted Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda

BLACK PANTHER VS. DEADPOOL #2 (of 5)
    DANIEL KIBBLESMITH (W) • RICARDO LOPEZ ORTIZ (A)
    Cover by Ryan Benjamin
    Variant Cover by STEVE SKROCE
    DEADPOOL ON THE HUNT!
    Deadpool’s carving a path through the Wakandan wilderness on the hunt for Vibranium! And his missing right arm! The Black Panther proooobably should be watching him. But T’Challa’s mind is distracted with the possibility of a revolutionary new technology. One that could change the world…starting with Wakanda. But there may not be a country to revolutionize if Deadpool goes unchecked. Will the king and the sometimes-hero reach an accord, or is this a fight to the death?

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Well, at least they are acknowledging she was Panther. I still don't see why she would be unwilling to do it though.

Also, why doesn't the council just elect a new Black Panther.
    She wanted to be BP in the past, so you can argue that her not wanting it now is out of character.

But then again, maybe the fact that she was BP is exactly why she doesn't necessarily want the job back. Towards the end there, I can't imagine it was the funnest job in the world.

T'Challa as shown reluctance at times at the position, and I think they sort of implied T'CHalla's uncle was somewhat relieved when he no longer had the job. So she would be in good company to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    SHURI #2
    NNEDI OKORAFOR (W) • LEONARDO ROMERO (A)
    Cover by SAM SPRATT
    VARIANT COVER BY AFUA RICHARDSON
    MOVIE VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
    THE SEARCH FOR T’CHALLA BEGINS!
    The king of Wakanda has been missing for weeks. Now, his little sister is tired of waiting. It’s time for Shuri — with a little help from Storm of the X-Men — to go save her brother for what must be the millionth time. But Wakanda expects the princess to take the throne — and the Panther mantle — once again. Can Wakanda survive without a Black Panther? Can Shuri?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Good Lord have mercy.. are they even trying?

I'm excited for the other stuff though
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 08-21-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It's because most of Hudlin's run takes place outside of Wakanda

This is so ludicrous that I'm excited about it
    THat's a good point. I think the first arc, the Killmonger arc, and the Skrull invasions (which is Aaron more than Hudlin) are the only parts off the top of my head I can think of which largely take place in Wakanda. Still... I think a bit more Shuri could have been squeezed in there. But I suppose because the comic version isn't the tech genius she is in the movies, there's less they could do with her at that point in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    Ghost Panther just sounds awesome, in a cheesy sort of way. I can't wait for this one.

Maybe this future is where Tchalla will remain permanently for Coates. Wakanda seems to be moving on from him with Shuri. Because I doubt they'll get him back in her solo series. The next writer will just retcon it later.

In some amusing news, there's a reward offered to the first reporter who asks Trump (with a straight face) about America's relationship with Wakanda and gets it recorded. There are bonuses for asking about "granting asylum to the terrorist fugitive James Buchanan Barnes" and "harboring known war criminal Steve Rogers."

https://imgur.com/gallery/bVY3ZdB

Covers two are for DPvsBP