Page 298 of 357 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I never really thought about Shuri and Thor together until it was mentioned here...I think it could work pretty well. A heck of a lot better then She-Hulk and Thor anyway.

Still trying to wrap my head around why the Marvel office feels that pairing is a good idea.
    In all fairness I do think both Thor and She-Hulk are probably the 2 most likely Avengers to hook up with teammates. But yeah.... I don't see a whole lot of real relationship potential there.

As far as Shuri and Thor... they do have a lot of things in common when you think about it. I'm skeptical we'd get any sort of long term thing out of this as I think Thor has enough interests in his own franchise but still think it would be fun to see.

Generally speaking I think it would be interesting to see Shuri interact more with characters outside the BP franchise. Dating or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    T'Chadwick and Hemsworth (too hard to amalgam his name this early in the morning) would be a pretty good pairing actually. And in the comics too, especially since Odin all up on T'Challa like he's some be-all-end-all leader and ish in this Avengers prelude stuff. I hear people complaining about bro-ski Thor by Aaron.

That said, and butterflies for cyborg-hulk aside (UFC reference), I think Thor is too much of a thot for Shuri lol. They need to give her some made-up mytho-male so that we can avoid those x-men situations.. not that the Thor folks seem nearly as petty
    Bast Odin?

Shuri Balder?

Shuri Tyr?

Odin have anymore hidden kids runnin around lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Shuri doesn't need to be paired with anyone other than a fellow Wakandan or African in general.

It's almost like the concept of Black men and women being depicted in solid relationships is anathema to some.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Shuri doesn't need to be paired with anyone other than a fellow Wakandan or African in general.

It's almost like the concept of Black men and women being depicted in solid relationships is anathema to some.
    Essh, harsh.

I don't see anything wrong with Shuri dating anyone. I just thought the idea was interesting and not based on color, nationality, or cultural background.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Essh, harsh.

I don't see anything wrong with Shuri dating anyone. I just thought the idea was interesting and not based on color, nationality, or cultural background.
    In story terms, Shuri dating a non Wakandan probably would be an issue to SOME Wakandans. That's probably a part of the reason a given writer MIGHT wanna consider it.

But in Thors case yeah... I don't think color or nationality are really an issue. I think the appeal of Shuri dating Thor is that its' freaking Thor. You're dating a freaking god. A god in her case she surprisingly has a lot in common with. That would be potentially interesting.

I think part of the problem with Shuri dating a Wakandan is that I can't think of a single Wakandan character off the top of my head who I necessarily would want to see dating Shuri. The few options I can think of all seem kinda boring. Maybe a reformed M'Baku... maybe. That's about it.
    Last edited by XPac; 12-05-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

Anyone is better than a Z list australian (but hangs in harlem) mutant Uber.

But... you are taking this too seriously. Obviously Shuri isn't marrying an Asguardian lol. Issa joke

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Killmonger was ok. Typical set up issue.

Made sense why Kingpin is involved and what Killmonger's motivation is right now.

Obviously a young killmonger we aren't used to. Not quite the cunning dude we know. Younger and angrier. Sound familiar? lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's a lot simpler than that. They saw how Black Panther literally printed money for them and got a bunch of positive buzz, which opened up a bunch of conversations about audiences wanting more diversity in their superhero movies. Now they look at China, one of the biggest film markets on the planet. Disney's eyes turned into dollar signs.

Add to it that the Netflix shows are going bye-bye (the only other platform where it arguably would've made sense to do this), and it's pretty simple. Plus with the Netflix characters likely being persona non grata, they'll be like "Danny Rand who?"

Damn, I miss this T'Challa.

A serious man....who (intentionally or unintentionally) is funny as hell.

Extraordinary Member

I never really thought about Shuri and Thor together until it was mentioned here...I think it could work pretty well. A heck of a lot better then She-Hulk and Thor anyway.

Still trying to wrap my head around why the Marvel office feels that pairing is a good idea.
    Because Hulk and Thor used to be arch rivals in the "whose stronger" category.

So there's shock value in (She)-Hulk and Thor being a couple.

Half the reason J. Aaron does anything is for shock value (ex. Prehistoric Avengers).

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Damn, I miss this T'Challa.

A serious man....who (intentionally or unintentionally) is funny as hell.
    It was sort of funny how T'Challa was subtly throwing some shade Dannys way. Though he did give him a brain aneryism back in the day, so maybe that's understandable.

BANNED

Essh, harsh.

I respect that.

Still doesn't change the fact that solid romantic relationships between Black men and women are rarely if ever, depicted in mainstream comics.

I find that quite odd and quite indicative of a troubling status quo paradigm that needs to be shifted.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Anyone is better than a Z list australian (but hangs in harlem) mutant Uber.

But... you are taking this too seriously. Obviously Shuri isn't marrying an Asguardian lol. Issa joke
    When it comes to Shuri's characterisation and portrayal, I never joke.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It was sort of funny how T'Challa was subtly throwing some shade Dannys way. Though he did give him a brain aneryism back in the day, so maybe that's understandable.
    Telling the truth isn't throwing shade. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Because Hulk and Thor used to be arch rivals in the "whose stronger" category.

So there's shock value in (She)-Hulk and Thor being a couple.

Half the reason J. Aaron does anything is for shock value (ex. Prehistoric Avengers).
    Under Waid we got Captain America and Thor hooking up. Now we've got Hulk and Thor hooking up. Maybe writers are just having fun mixing and matching ships with the core Avengers.

Thor fans would riot over a Shuri romance. No way it happens. I also don't feel like they fit each other at all

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Under Waid we got Captain America and Thor hooking up. Now we've got Hulk and Thor hooking up. Maybe writers are just having fun mixing and matching ships with the core Avengers.

wait what?!
    The J-man