Page 316 of 357 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 5350
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    For real though!

I feel like Panther needs one innate ability to separate him from other peak human types.

Spider-Man works so well for kids because his powers are so easy to distinguish. He has powers... like a spider and is named... spider man lol. Boom, easy, cool, takes no effort to explain.

Black Panther has the dope name and dope costume going for him. Espeically since the suit is bulletproof cool and cool claws like a panther! sweet.

But then some kid goes "whats his powers?" and... it gets weird.

"well, he's stronger than normal"

so like Thor?

"well, no not that strong but hes fast too"

so like The Flash?

"well, no ****, not that fast but"

Is he stronger or faster than spider-man then?

"well, he's not quite that fast or strong but..."

*kids moves on to next hero*

That is one thing I like how Pantherjack is being portrayed... T'challa don't give a a ****. Need to keep that edge. Can't have him being black goody two shoes Cap. Gotta keep T'chadwick swag and "I am a rich king who will kick your ass i'll do what I want k thx bye, Okoye deal with this ****"

This is why king of the dead was a missed opportunity, even though t’challa distrust magic he could of learned a temporary strength power up that comes with a cost so he doesn’t always use it. Like it saps all stamina for a period which is why it was never passed down from the panther that created /learned the spell.

Play up the wakandan science and magic mix up more.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I think that be pretty difficult to do from a writing stand point. Once someone opens the box to a weakness in vibranium there really is no going back. It's no longer this impenetrable metal but instead it devolves into a internet meme.
    It's a tricky balancing act for sure.

On the one hand, you obviously want villains capable of getting past the suits defenses so they are capable of harming him. If the hero can't be harmed, you don't have much of a story. But on the flip side if everyone and their brother can get past his suits defenses then it almost becomes pointless.

I remember during Civil War, someone was able to disable Starks armor 3 times a week. That's something to avoid if possible.

You know, if Marvel doesn't want to give that agility power up, thats fine, I thought of an alternative.

T'challa is the best fighter in the world.

That works for me. I'll accept that.

- Spider-Man: strength, speed, agility, precog, stick to walls, webs
    - Cap: shield, peak human, best leader of superheroes
    - Iron Man: armor, genius
    - Thor: hammer, god of thunder
    - Hulk: strongest there is
    - Captain Marvel: flight, energy absorption, energy beams, super strength
    - Strange: sorcerer supreme
    - Hawkeye: bow nad arrow, marksman
    - Widow: spy
    - Black Panther: peak human, vibranium, the best fighter in the world

This involves no power up. It simply involves recognizing the abilities of an enhanced, super genius warrior who grew up knowing he had to be able to defeat 6 of the best fighters in Wakanda to earn his title and then defend his title against anyone that challenged him.

Wakandans are known for their ability to defend their lands and T'challa is the best one.

And note, I didn't say, "master of a specific fighting style." not "master hand to hand fighter." I said best fighter. Period.

I will allow this consolation prize if the Tribal Council agrees.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Wrong thread. Lol
    Last edited by Cville; 12-10-2018 at 11:40 AM.

What if Dr. Doom was Captain America?

Black Panther.

You know, if Marvel doesn't want to give that agility power up, thats fine, I thought of an alternative.

T'challa is the best fighter in the world.

That works for me. I'll accept that.

- Black Panther: peak human, vibranium, the best fighter in the world

This involves no power up. It simply involves recognizing the abilities of an enhanced, super genius warrior who grew up knowing he had to be able to defeat 6 of the best fighters in Wakanda to earn his title and then defend his title against anyone that challenged him.

Wakandans are known for their ability to defend their lands and T'challa is the best one.

And note, I didn't say, "master of a specific fighting style." not "master hand to hand fighter." I said best fighter. Period.

I will allow this consolation prize if the Tribal Council agrees.
    If we're talking movies, then I think he'd be a good candidate for that unless they wanna give that to Shang Chi. Shang arguably might need it more since he frankly has nothing else but fighting skill... but Shang likely nowhere near the priority that BP is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Namor doesnt really appear in BP books that much. They had a political dispute that almost lead to war in a four to six issue Priest arc. He was in one issue of Rise to retcon their first meeting. I think that is it in modern era comics.
    - Rise
    - Kiber Island
    - Priest sturm un drag story
    - Hudlin CW/honeymoon story
    - Hudlin/Mayberry Deadliest of the Species stuff
    - AvX
    - Hickman
    - Aaron Avengers

Is essentially it in somewhat right order in Marvel time.

Rise kinda sorta retconned the Kiber Island thing but I don't think it completely did to the point the story doesn't exist anymore. The only thing it would retcon is the it wasn't hte first meeting anymore.

only time he was a "villain" would be AvX, half of HIckman, and then Aaron's recent stuff
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-10-2018 at 11:33 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    What if Dr. Doom was Captain America?

Black Panther.
    You would be the only person in the world right now I would trust writing a BP vs Doom story

Namor doesnt really appear in BP books that much. They had a political dispute that almost lead to war in a four to six issue Priest arc. He was in one issue of Rise to retcon their first meeting. I think that is it in modern era comics.
    COurse, you can make a good arguement Namor has appeared more times than most of BP's actual rogues.

I don't think there should be a "de facto" best fighter in the MU. There should be fighters everyone consider at the top compared to everyone else but not a clear line as to who is number one. Since the whole genre heavily circles around fighting having a best fighter would stiffen everyone else.

Panther is pretty much a Jack of all Trades. He's got the brains, the physical abilities, the tech, he can be stealthy, he can lead and on and on. Why not have him be the clutch man. The guy that when one Avenger is out he is right there filling that role . And when everyone is assembled he gets to do a bit of all of it being able to assist or advance as need be. He may not be the best but he is vital to the group as a whole.

- Black Panther: peak human, vibranium, Jack of All Trades.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

- Rise
    - Kiber Island
    - Priest sturm un drag story
    - Hudlin CW/honeymoon story
    - Hudlin/Mayberry Deadliest of the Species stuff
    - AvX
    - Hickman
    - Aaron Avengers

Is essentially it in somewhat right order in Marvel time.

Rise kinda sorta retconned the Kiber Island thing but I don't think it completely did to the point the story doesn't exist anymore. The only thing it would retcon is the it wasn't hte first meeting anymore.

only time he was a "villain" would be AvX, half of HIckman, and then Aaron's recent stuff
    I was in the wrong thread

I don't think there should be a "de facto" best fighter in the MU. There should be fighters everyone consider at the top compared to everyone else but not a clear line as to who is number one. Since the whole genre heavily circles around fighting having a best fighter would stiffen everyone else.

Panther is pretty much a Jack of all Trades. He's got the brains, the physical abilities, the tech, he can be stealthy, he can lead and on and on. Why not have him be the clutch man. The guy that when one Avenger is out he is right there filling that role . And when everyone is assembled he gets to do a bit of all of it being able to assist or advance as need be. He may not be the best but he is vital to the group as a whole.
    Draymond Green or Steph Curry?

Al Horford or Kyrie Irving?

Ron Harper or Michael Jordan?

Derek Fischer or Kobe Byrant?

Mario Ellie or Hakeem Olajuwon?

F a glue man, I want the extra trophy at the end.

F compromising, I'mma be a selfish T'challa fan.

- Black Panther: peak human, vibranium, Jack of All Trades.
    Wasn't that the role he played before Priest started writing him? I dont usually hear good things about that period.

Draymond Green or Steph Curry?

Al Horford or Kyrie Irving?

Ron Harper or Michael Jordan?

Derek Fischer or Kobe Byrant?

Mario Ellie or Hakeem Olajuwon?

F a glue man, I want the extra trophy at the end.

F compromising, I'mma be a selfish T'challa fan.
    I get that. But if we are being serious being the "Best Fighter In The World" just set's the character up for being jobbed a heck of a lot in the future anyway. Look at Black Bolt. He started out as being the "Undefeated King" now gets smacked around so much you think he was Tina Turner.
    Wasn't that the role he played before Priest started writing him? I dont usually hear good things about that period.
    Of him being a Jack of all Trades? It's what he is doing and has been doing from the beginning though....
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Has there ever been a best fighter tournament arc? If there hasn't who would be in it? All hand to hand no tech. Also no OP strength fighters.

Mine
    Iron Fist-Tchalla-Shang Chi-DD....
    Last edited by Cville; 12-10-2018 at 12:39 PM.