Page 319 of 357 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    BoG, whats the source on this lol? what issue?
    MARVEL TEAM-UP vol. 1 #87, cover date November 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Would Lelouch ViBritannia be an accurate comparison to strategist?
    Probably, from what I've heard. I was thinking more Havelock Vetinari meets David Xanatos.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Regarding the potential Sinister Six, I've had two thoughts:

1. New Avatars of the Wakandan Gods (not the official name yet, but it could work lol): Killmonger (Lion God(dess)/Sekhmet), M'Baku (Gorilla God/Ghekre/Haruman), another villain representing Sobek the Crocodile God (basically a less reptilian looking version of Killer Croc but has the same abilities), and fraternal twins or Achebe representing the Hyena god (crazy, unpredictable fighters).

2: A syndicate representing the leaders of Wakanda's neighbouring countries. Can include Achebe, Moses Magnum, Princess Zanda, M'Butu etc. Problem is they're not physical threats, but they can employ assassins.
    The first idea is pretty bad ass. However MoS has a point about having a sinsiter 6 be lesser villains...

However that first idea is pretty bad ass

I'm conflicted

The second idea should've happened, like, yesterday lol. That shadow organization of corrupt rulers, monarchs, wealthy, and just other a-holes should happen in conjunction with a sinister 6. Hell, there should be a shadow organization (or shadow counsel, if Thorne doesn't mind sharing group names), a sinsister 6, and a supremacists. And then BP and Shuri. 2 vs 18.

This **** really isn't that hard. It's supervillain 101 lol

People loooooooooooove Spider-Man rogues, praise them all the time despite Spider-Man's speed/agility...

and freaking PRECOGNITION to danger.

DD has ridiculous speed and agility... holds a solo series always for decades and praised as one of the best marvel characters constantly.

Why is it magically hard to write BP with similar abilities??
    Negroes got it tough out here.

But part 2 of Panther Quest starts in January. Everyone should tune in and watch an unabashed black man be great. JLU John Stewart smiling like a proud brotha watching his only animated superhero brotha that made it

Shout out to Static tho, even tho Miles bout to snatch his spot. Sigh (bitter sweet)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I mean, would you say Captain America is in the big leagues? If so, a supersuit isn't necessary to be in the big leagues.
    Yes he is but Hawkeye, Black Widow, Cap, even Spiderman sometimes you are reading event, And it feels like why are they in the story. A Supersuit isn't requirement but Black Panther is going to be in more high profile stories and conflicts I am glad when he is fighting say the Devil Hulk and Hulk cracks Thor's Skull, kicks She Hulk into another state and Iron Man is in Hulk buster armor. Black Panther is right in the fight and in his regular suit tanking the hits while Captain America mysteriously disappears from the fight. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by CCSlim View Post
    This is why king of the dead was a missed opportunity, even though t’challa distrust magic he could of learned a temporary strength power up that comes with a cost so he doesn’t always use it. Like it saps all stamina for a period which is why it was never passed down from the panther that created /learned the spell.

Play up the wakandan science and magic mix up more.
    That is exactly the compromise I would want. Same reason why prime Floyd Mayweather, who was faster/quicker than most, wasn't going to dial it up to 11 from the 1st round through the 12... bc that **** is tiring, and he'd get gassed!

Coogler should use KotD blessings as a means to enhance T'Challa's speed to allow maximum panther ability (see Kraven, merc, and Thor fights in the animated show) with the caveat that he can only sustain it for long periods when he's pissed or someone is trying to get Nakia's number.

Consequences should include a major charlie horse to the hamstrings when he slows down

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    What if Dr. Doom was Captain America?

Black Panther.
    Mr. Thorne is the creative mind black panther fans deserve.

Oh I 100% agree with the strategy thing. It just seems like it always its going to go right back to Cap though.

Personally, I think Cap is more of a battle field, inspiration, "rah rah rah lets go troops!" type of leader while T'challa would be more of the "strategize the war, not the battle" type. He has to see MORE than what Cap could see but also isn't likely to galvanize the troops like Cap (outside of Wakandans)

So, in WW2 terms, Cap is more Patton. T'challa is more Eisenhower.
    Okay, I'm feeling this analogy. Both are the best at what they do while being slightly different. More to that point Captain America will make standard gov't issue grunts think they can match through the gates of Hell and come back victorious as he leads from the front and T'challa is the one who would made it possible by planning for every contingency.

Yall really took Marvell seriously today when he said 80,000 posts...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Zodiac. 12>6.
    Sinister 6, supremacists, shadow council* (organization), Zodiac

Goon slam gary gon have to double up the night classes at ITT TECH and Devry if he wants to be considered for a spot at this rate. sheesh

You know, if Marvel doesn't want to give that agility power up, thats fine, I thought of an alternative.

T'challa is the best fighter in the world.

That works for me. I'll accept that.

- Spider-Man: strength, speed, agility, precog, stick to walls, webs
    - Cap: shield, peak human, best leader of superheroes
    - Iron Man: armor, genius
    - Thor: hammer, god of thunder
    - Hulk: strongest there is
    - Captain Marvel: flight, energy absorption, energy beams, super strength
    - Strange: sorcerer supreme
    - Hawkeye: bow nad arrow, marksman
    - Widow: spy
    - Black Panther: peak human, vibranium, the best fighter in the world

This involves no power up. It simply involves recognizing the abilities of an enhanced, super genius warrior who grew up knowing he had to be able to defeat 6 of the best fighters in Wakanda to earn his title and then defend his title against anyone that challenged him.

Wakandans are known for their ability to defend their lands and T'challa is the best one.

And note, I didn't say, "master of a specific fighting style." not "master hand to hand fighter." I said best fighter. Period.

I will allow this consolation prize if the Tribal Council agrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I think what T'Challa really, REALLY needs right now is for his powers, abilities and gear to be rebased. So many things have been brought up over the past decade or less that just come and go. All of the things that make him Black Panther just need to be reestablished. Different mediums can add or remove what they want, but there needs to be a new base.
    Movie pretty much has.

Enhanced human
    vibranium mesh
    vibranium claws
    energy absorption/redirection in suit
    King
    Warrior
    Agile Fighting Style
    Confident but not stark/strange arrogant

then for comics and such, top 10 genius.

comics need to fall in line and have an arc or 10 where it is just those things and nothing else.
    I think MCU T'Challa will end up very similar to Thorne's T'Challa in movie 2; Shuri is going to upgrade his suit with more tech (in that James Bond/Q fashion), and T'Challa will use his brains/strategic mind to successfully put that tech into application.

I can kinda see where the comics are going with him (Aaron's Avengers and BPvsDP), but they do seem to just be OD'ing on the tech without really establishing a foundation for anything. We learn new ish about what his suit can in every other Avengers issue (i.e. Aaron pulls it out his arse), but whether it sticks or not is tough to gauge.

Those hologram things in BPvsDP were cool as hell (and we saw it in Cho-Hulk) but is that going to be a "thing"? Probably not, although i'd like it to be acknowledged, as there's a lot of fun misdirect that can be done with that, as seen against Cho-Hulk and DP

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Okay, I'm feeling this analogy. Both are the best at what they do while being slightly different. More to that point Captain America will make standard gov't issue grunts think they can match through the gates of Hell and come back victorious as he leads from the front and T'challa is the one who would made it possible by planning for every contingency.
    Other than Wakandans, no group of people or supers are really gonna trust tchalla enough to run through a brick wall. For all they know, tchallas winning strategy is for them to die lol. Sacrifice the pawns for checkmate.

Cap tho... they will take their concussions with pride running through that wall.

Cap was a every day man and then soldier first

Tchalla was a prince groomed to be a king and general..

Different priorities
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I don't think I am.

Too many writers put Doom vs T'challa together and can't get over their fanboyism of Doom.

You have two monarch super geniuses and the only stories out there are Doom making T'challa and Wakanda his personal bitch

I think you find it easy to say "Cap x Doom" because you seem to be an actual fan of the character lol.

Too many other "fans" see T'challa written to his maximum ability and take a step back and start putting limiters on him immediately.
    Well.

I think every chAracter should be unique and have something that NO other character brings to the table. In T'Challa's case it is, to me, that he's the master tactician of the marvel universe. yes, he's a genius, Yes he's an alpha class fighter with meta human strength, senses and reflexes but, as has been pointed out, there are lots of other characters that match or are better than him at one or more of those.

but no one out strategizes T'Challa. NO ONE.

Well.

I think every chAracter should be unique and have something that NO other character brings to the table. In T'Challa's case it is, to me, that he's the master tactician of the marvel universe. yes, he's a genius, Yes he's an alpha class fighter with meta human strength, senses and reflexes but, as has been pointed out, there are lots of other characters that match or are better than him at one or more of those.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Well.

Mr. Thorne, you forgot to put this at the end of your post:

Part of what makes T'Challa a master strategist is his unpredictability.

He'll do the unexpected, pull a move that you don't think he will even if it puts him at risk.

BP #6 = 26,220

BP vs DP #2 = 26,204

Shuri #2 = 21, 881