Page 247 of 357 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Avengers #700 was kinda weak...

The dialogue is a bit too cheesy, phoned in, and one dimensional like one of those early '00s saturday morning cartoons.. Namor just needed a twirling mustache during his lines.

I don't even find the BP stuff worth the energy one way or another bc all the Avengers are just kinda there getting crumbs, not really doing much. Fire extinguishers... lol...

Why did the block-face drawing artist come back? I thought we were past that.
    It feels like Aaron doesn't really wanna do the book lol. Feels like his Wolverine and the X-Men run or Dr. Strange run.

The amount of effort he puts into this story vs what he has been doing on Thor for years and years isn't even close. Or hell, he seems to love the 10,00000BC avengers stuff more.

There just isn't any depth to it at all. Avengers show up, fight, cornball speeches.

The Art is absolutely destroying the book though. You gonna have these huge, multi page fights with 1000 things going on at once, you need god level art. Not art from the 90's.

Aaron's Avengers reminds me of Ewing's Ultimates

Bored to death by the plot and focus on ancillary characters, but our buddy gets 1-2 pages of random dues ex-machina powers every other issue or two,

So you roll with it
    Pretty much.

Book isn't insulting but the book isn't good. So you just read it, shrug shoulders, move on kind of thing. Not worth the energy to get excited about or mad about lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

^^Exiles T'Challa is awesome. That's an indisputable fact
    How often is he in this exiles book? Is it worth picking up?

I read Avengers 700.. same assessment, it wasn't bad but it wasn't ground breaking either. I'm just here for T'Challa. And he got some cool feats and won this little bout against Namor. Though I did not see the punch? Just the bomb explosion. I went and looked by unless I'm just blind lol.

But I wish there was more energy and better art for this book. Like it should be a huge deal that T'Challa is leading the Avengers. Maybe have some interplay between T'Challa and Cap in regards to how he is leading (not Cap questioning him at every turn and end up being right, but T'Challa sees the big picture that Steve doesn't)

And work that Priest level intrigue

Im more interested in what team Blade is joining lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    How often is he in this exiles book? Is it worth picking up?
    It's a balanced ensemble cast that he seemed to have permanently joined 3-4 issues ago. So he has his fair shake of dialogue and input, but it's a very squirrel girl/gwen pool type of book.

Outside of the issue where he fights Magneto, I don't think the book is something you'd particularly care for other than a quick skim through. Like watching teen titans go vs redjack's BP.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It feels like Aaron doesn't really wanna do the book lol. Feels like his Wolverine and the X-Men run or Dr. Strange run.

The amount of effort he puts into this story vs what he has been doing on Thor for years and years isn't even close. Or hell, he seems to love the 10,00000BC avengers stuff more.

There just isn't any depth to it at all. Avengers show up, fight, cornball speeches.

The Art is absolutely destroying the book though. You gonna have these huge, multi page fights with 1000 things going on at once, you need god level art. Not art from the 90's.

Pretty much.

Book isn't insulting but the book isn't good. So you just read it, shrug shoulders, move on kind of thing. Not worth the energy to get excited about or mad about lol
    The definition of the BP/Namor slap boxing. It was aight but nothing you're going to run to somebody and say "OMG Check out how BADASS T'Challa is! Namor got pWNEd!!"

I guess stalemate is the most accurate description but i'd label it an incomplete. Or like a weigh-in press conference where there's some pushing/shoving and posturing.

It is fascinating how Aaron can write Hickman-esque at times but can then write Roxanne Gay-esque at times.

I think Wasp and Wesley was the best thing about the book. More so Wesley. They didn't really explain/introduce this agents of wakanda like i thought they would... unless it was in one of those back end stories that i didn't read.

I'm not sure if she was being sarcastic with Agents of Wakanda. That felt weird

And T'Challa definitely won. Namor retreated. T'Challa didn't thats all I'm saying
    The J-man

The BP/Namor stuff wasn't anything you're going to run to somebody and say "OMG Check out how BADASS T'Challa is! Namor got pWNEd!!"

I guess stalemate is the most accurate description but i'd label it an incomplete. Or like a weigh-in press conference where there's some pushing/shoving and posturing.

It is fascinating how Aaron can write Hickman-esque at times but can then write Roxanne Gay-esque at times.

I think Wasp and Wesley was the best thing about the book. More so Wesley. They didn't really explain/introduce this agents of wakanda like i thought they would... unless it was in one of those back end stories that i didn't read.
    It helps that the Blade art was sick lol. Why was all the good art in the back up stories???

I honestly just don't understand where Aaron is going with this book.

Narratively speaking, you would think everything would have been building to the Final Host stuff. Instead the Final Host Celestial shit was the first arc?

So then we jump to Avengers stuff with Namor which as turned into two issues of Avengers go fight Namor except now he is adding in more international super teams beause... ?

It is just incredibly jumbled at this point. Like there is some long term plan here (prolly War of the Realms related) but it isn't coherently pointing to it yet.

But I honestly feel like the art is the biggest hiccup here. These action scenes could have been cool as hell if they had an artist that could draw action that actually made sense panel to panel instead of just a jumble of cartoony heroes randomly placed everywhere

It would have made more sense for Avengers to be a 12 issues story about the final host.

First 3 issues would have been the various Avengers split apart all investigating "odd" shit that is related to the final host they just don't know it yet. Tony/Steve, Thor in the other realms, Carol doing space shit, Strange doing Magic shit, T'challa noticing stuff in Africa, whatever.

Team realizes they are investigating the same thing and slowly come together for issues 4-6 to fight against the subboss. Possibly loki who loses and teases the coming of the Final Host.

Next 6 issues would have been the Avengers working together as the Avengers to crack what the final host is, how to stop it, and then defeat it.

Would have narratively made more sense, properly built up the team and the relationships between the characters, show what each character brings to the team as they need all of their unique skills ot defeat the final host, while being epic enough for something like a Mad Celestial thing coming to destory everything lol

With the double shipping, it would only be a 6 month story, which isn't long at all.

No one liked the Celestial arc. Glad it got dumped. Especially since it ironically mirrored the No Justice Omega Titans
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    No one liked the Celestial arc. Glad it got dumped. Especially since it ironically mirrored the No Justice Omega Titans
    Nobody liked it because it was rushed trash with trash art.

I think it is salvageable if they took their time.

Nobody is gonna like this Namor arc either if it continues to be rushed trash with trash art too lol. "Namor gets mad at surface world and destroys shit" might be the one thing more played out than Celestials

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It helps that the Blade art was sick lol. Why was all the good art in the back up stories???

I honestly just don't understand where Aaron is going with this book.

Narratively speaking, you would think everything would have been building to the Final Host stuff. Instead the Final Host Celestial shit was the first arc?

So then we jump to Avengers stuff with Namor which as turned into two issues of Avengers go fight Namor except now he is adding in more international super teams beause... ?

It is just incredibly jumbled at this point. Like there is some long term plan here (prolly War of the Realms related) but it isn't coherently pointing to it yet.

But I honestly feel like the art is the biggest hiccup here. These action scenes could have been cool as hell if they had an artist that could draw action that actually made sense panel to panel instead of just a jumble of cartoony heroes randomly placed everywhere
    It reminds me of Bendis on Avengers post-Dark Reign/Seige, i.e. he already told his lil magnus opus story spanning years (Sentry/welfair Avengers/Red Hood/Osborne/Secret Invasion/etc) and really had nothing left to say.. and you could tell he exhausted his creative tank with how half-assed the 'Heroic Age' Avenger book was... and virtually every book he wrote after. Just throwing shit at the wall.

That's what Aaron feels like, like Thor is/was his magnus opus and Avengers is just some side hustle bullshit he's doing for a paycheck

Avengers is just some side hustle bullshit he's doing for a paycheck
    yuuuuuuuuuuup

He is the only one left in the company with a name right now and CB Yoshida needed an "old head" to headline Avengers for the rebrand.

enter Aaron.

Which is why he keeps using the Thor mythology (he likes Thor), seems to like Ghost Rider the best (wrote GR back in the day), and is all about Logan (wrote Wolverine back in the day).

Still think art is my biggest hang up though.

I agree that the pacing and story telling of these first 10 issues is nonsensible, tho i don't know what's more played out between cranky Namor throwing a fit and OMG exctinction level event #3892383 that gets resolved in 4 issues.

The Miles and Kamala led ANAD Avengers team handled their exctinction level event in like half the time it was light work for them.

The blocky art is terrible. I think they pulled an okie doke bc i swear the first few pages was of the good art, and then next thing i know shit got blocky once the fighting started.

Kinda like Ewing's Ultimates...

The Maker is back. An Avenger villain in the making. Although Venom handles him pretty easily. Lol