Page 159 of 357 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    You said the art would suck in this because the art has sucked in practically all the satellite books. I pointed out that the art was pretty good in Black Panther and the Crew. The satellite books so far have been: World of Wakanda, Black Panther and the Crew, Rise of the Black Panther, that Dora Milaje book I've forgotten its name. Am I missing any? Rise's art was fine too, imo, so I feel like half of the art has been decent to good.
    Random observation, but it sort of seems like the satellite books with a female author always seemed to have the more cartoony art, or however you want to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    And I course corrected by stating that I was not referring to Mr Guice and went further to point out that The Crew book wasn't the only satellite book that came out in the wake of Coates Tsunami of dreck.

I had no interest in Rise of BP but heard it was pretty good based on Ezyo1000's praise of the book.

I just haven't been able muster up much interest for anything BP related that's come out post BP other than T'Challa's guest appearances in other characters books.

It is what it is.
    Honestly brother Maj, i think you would like Rise. It's bit Hudlin level groundbreaking, but the dude knew his BP lore and, given the same treatment Coates is getting from marvel, would of been well on his way to being the next Hudlin and would of given us our Tchalla

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Should Coogler bring back his same crew or switch it up for the sequel?

Part of what got me excited about BP was Marvel letting Coogler bring in his editors (although one was removed for SMHC's editor), cinematographer, production design and composer.

To me you have to bring back Luwig. I love what the others did as well.....but should Coogler go out and get the best? Not who he is most comfortable with? He's got cache. Unlike earlier Marvel films where everything was in house Coogler has pull.

If Bradford Young was interested in being the Cinematographer for BP2 should Coogler consider it? What if Deakins was available? What if Nolan's editors were interested?

As much as I love what Ryan and crew have done. I kinda want to see what happens if Ryan steps outside his comfort zone. I still think Creed has the best cinematography, fight choreography, etc. and that was because Ryan was forced to replace Rachel Morrison with Maryse Alberti once she got pregnant.

Its risky, scary and may not work. But I'm kind of hoping goes against the grain a bit.
    If I were to suggest changes, it might be to the editor and fight choreographer. The last one surprises me a little because I don't dislike the action choreography in the first film at all, but they could always be improved one way or the other. I'd argue Clayton Barber did a more extensive job in Iron Fist season 2. I'd look for the TWS or Daredevil guys (please not the Into the Badlands guys, that show is so overrated when it comes to action scenes. Daredevil blows it out of the water in my opinion). Maybe The Raid guys too. But I like what Clayton Barber in the unique sense so I still want to keep him.

I don't think Coogler should actually go out of his comfort zone. Keep in mind that Nolan frequently uses the same composer, cinematographer and so on often for his own films. A Nolan film isn't almost complete without a Hans Zimmer score. Coogler having a team he can rely on is a very good thing, because they know what he wants and he knows how to bring out their best. From what I heard, Ludwig's score for Venom was boring as hell for a guy who we know can kill it. And even though Rachel Morrison may not have the experience shooting fight scenes (even thought she did a terrific job I think), she definitely has the talent as seen in her other work as well.

Definitely most if not all of his team should return. It's best if Coogler feels reassured he's making his own film and not a mandated franchise film. Coogler did state however that he wanted to make his idea of what a Marvel movie is, which is why some things of the film visually and from a storytelling perspective may feel familiar. I think now that doing that gave Marvel their next hot IP, I'm sure he's been given that "Do Whatever The F*ck You Want" Nolan treatment (that he got for The Dark Knight). So just like Nolan who made the "studio mandated" superhero film with Batman Begins and then being given full reign along with a better understanding of the genre and film he wants to make with The Dark Knight, I'm hoping Coogler with his team can take this experience of making what a Marvel movie they think is with Black Panther, and make a true Coogler film with the sequel.

Mighty Member

Shuri+Eden reminds me of that Chapelle skit when he calls up Oprah.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    If I were to suggest changes, it might be to the editor and fight choreographer. The last one surprises me a little because I don't dislike the action choreography in the first film at all, but they could always be improved one way or the other. I'd argue Clayton Barber did a more extensive job in Iron Fist season 2. I'd look for the TWS or Daredevil guys (please not the Into the Badlands guys, that show is so overrated when it comes to action scenes. Daredevil blows it out of the water in my opinion). Maybe The Raid guys too. But I like what Clayton Barber in the unique sense so I still want to keep him.

I don't think Coogler should actually go out of his comfort zone. Keep in mind that Nolan frequently uses the same composer, cinematographer and so on often for his own films. A Nolan film isn't almost complete without a Hans Zimmer score. Coogler having a team he can rely on is a very good thing, because they know what he wants and he knows how to bring out their best. From what I heard, Ludwig's score for Venom was boring as hell for a guy who we know can kill it. And even though Rachel Morrison may not have the experience shooting fight scenes (even thought she did a terrific job I think), she definitely has the talent as seen in her other work as well.

Definitely most if not all of his team should return. It's best if Coogler feels reassured he's making his own film and not a mandated franchise film. Coogler did state however that he wanted to make his idea of what a Marvel movie is, which is why some things of the film visually and from a storytelling perspective may feel familiar. I think now that doing that gave Marvel their next hot IP, I'm sure he's been given that "Do Whatever The F*ck You Want" Nolan treatment (that he got for The Dark Knight). So just like Nolan who made the "studio mandated" superhero film with Batman Begins and then being given full reign along with a better understanding of the genre and film he wants to make with The Dark Knight, I'm hoping Coogler with his team can take this experience of making what a Marvel movie they think is with Black Panther, and make a true Coogler film with the sequel.

To each their own I guess.

Daredevil action is good but not up to Into the Badlands in my opinion. Story isn't that great though.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 10-13-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

To each their own I guess.

Daredevil action is good but not up to Into the Badlands in my opinion. Story isn't that great though.
    If that's your opinion, no problem.

I watched the whole first season of Into the Badlands and aside from that first fight scene with The Widow in the bar, and Widow vs Quinn, I was not impressed at all especially since I was looking forward to the action.

The set pieces are fairly good, and they are performed well by the actors, but the whole thing is just so damn cartoony that I find myself not being invested or believing in it. The action choreography itself isn't all that though it's not bad (I say it's fairly standard though it does have a creative flair to it sometimes). But it's just way too showy, and the editing of the fight scenes is trash.

I don't want this stuff in BP2. No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    i love action and pretty art in my comics and S3 has delivered that but... yeah.. can only do the same thing over and over without advancing the plot before people start to get bored and antsy

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Eden showing these male ig thots how to win in life. From grown-man diapers to rich forever, get paid black man

However, this lazy shoe-horning of non-wakandans and non-mytho characters needs to stop.
    He serves no purpose. He's added nothing but a yellow glowing uber

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    In Coogler we trust
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Random observation, but it sort of seems like the satellite books with a female author always seemed to have the more cartoony art, or however you want to describe it.
    Yeah, likely a coincidence but yeah. Even WoW6 got a whole new artist that wasn't cartoony.

Is it something where they are aiming the female lead books at females who enjoy cartoony sub par art? Like... is that a thing? I would think good art is good art but?

Or is it just that Marvel is using Nnedi and Gay to pander to certain demographics without giving a **** abotu the actual book itself so they just throw on a cheap artist and move on?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

I think the editor is a bigger issue than the choreography personally. That and CGI but CGI is a time based thing... can't change stuff at the last second and expect it to look supreme. THere is a reason the blue ray looked so much better than the theater version.

I personally liked all the choreography in BP. But what I really liked was how varied the action scenes were. Each action scene felt different and unique. Powers, no powers, acrobatics, tribal, tech... even rhinos. it had a bit of everything. I just think the editing chopped up some of the fight scenes too much.

I love a lot of the choreography on DD. But I also think that stuff may be easier to pull off (mostly the LONG one takes) with unenchanced characters because you don't need any of the extra stuff... just good stunt work.

I honestly hope Marvel keeps Coogler contained. I want to see the best movie Coogler can make in the confines of the Marvel universe. What made BP so great, IMO, was that he pushed the boundary of a comic book movie while still keeping it a comic book movie. That shows real skill, IMO. It is what TWS did too. Give me real life "deep" themes in a comic book movie.

But I prefer Batman Begins to The Dark Joker so what do I know lol. in TDK, Batman was 100% worthless. couldn't save rachel. Couldn't save Dent. He didn't really stop the Joker, the joker was just wrong about the people on the boats. I don't need to see T'challa be a **** up just to seem "deep" to non-comic book people.

TLDR: i trust coogler and his team 100%. Just don't change any heavy CGI sequences late in the game.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Also inaccurate as the big deal about bashenga is that he is the first Black panther and the one who unified Wakanda. Otherwise the review is spot on. Coates doesn't have 12 issue's worth of storytelling. More like 6.. just like in S1 &2 Coates pretends he has this big epic when really he is simply dragging the plot because had he not this would already be just about over
    I was thinking the same, but had a moment of clarity in the gym. Lol. He may have been thinking that the 1 million BC panther is not Bashenga. If Aaron doesn't confirm that, he would be accurate.

BANNED

Total BP satellite books:

BP WoW
    BP &C
    RotBP
    Wakanda forever
    Long live the King
    Shuri book (we got a sample)

Of the 6 books 2 have decent art... That's not a good batting average...
    Thanks for the clarity my Bro.

Who would have believed that there'd be so many BP related books in play with very little (if anything) worth celebrating about them.

BANNED

Honestly brother Maj, i think you would like Rise. It's bit Hudlin level groundbreaking, but the dude knew his BP lore and, given the same treatment Coates is getting from marvel, would of been well on his way to being the next Hudlin and would of given us our Tchalla
    I may have to give Rise a chance just off of your recommendation my brother.

Total BP satellite books:

BP WoW
    BP &C
    RotBP
    Wakanda forever
    Long live the King
    Shuri book (we got a sample)

Of the 6 books 2 have decent art... That's not a good batting average...
    If you wanted to, you can even add

Black Panter: The Sound and the Fury #1
    Black Panther Annual
    Black Panther: Soul of the Machine

I wouldn't count this as true sattelite books but some might.

We also have Black Panther vs Deadpool incoming soon

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

But I prefer Batman Begins to The Dark Joker so what do I know lol. in TDK, Batman was 100% worthless. couldn't save rachel. Couldn't save Dent. He didn't really stop the Joker, the joker was just wrong about the people on the boats. I don't need to see T'challa be a **** up just to seem "deep" to non-comic book people.

TLDR: i trust coogler and his team 100%. Just don't change any heavy CGI sequences late in the game.
    Innatez say BP is overrated and point to fight scenes (which weren't terrible) and boring protagonist (lies) yet in the same breath will say Dark Knight is goat comic book movie while glossing over shitty fight scenes, rushed plot points, and useless forgettable protagonist completely overshadowed by the villain.

Oochie wally or One mic? I'm down for whichever but which one is it gonna be?

WoW, W Forever, Shuri

All these books have some fugly art. (Yes, i know art is subjective and no baby is ugly.)

These 3 books, do they have anything in common? Are they all being written by the same writer who may or may not have questionable writing ability when it comes to dialogue and overall comic book stories? Why is Marvel allocating such cheap fugly art to this writer (writers?) over and over?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Innatez say BP is overrated and point to fight scenes (which weren't terrible) and boring protagonist (lies) yet in the same breath will say Dark Knight is goat comic book movie while glossing over shitty fight scenes, rushed plot points, and useless forgettable protagonist completely overshadowed by the villain.

Oochie wally or One mic? I'm down for whichever but which one is it gonna be?

If you are gonna nitpick to death, at least keep it fair and nitpick everything to death.

I mean, if you wanna put Spider-Man: Homecoming in your top three, and then put BP at 14 because of "bad cgi," then we gotta have a conversation lol.

If you wanna call Nolan the GOAT, and then sit here and tell me all the **** wrong about coogler, we gotta have a conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I may have to give Rise a chance just off of your recommendation my brother.
    I think u will enjoy it..