Page 208 of 357 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I wonder where the books will be a year from now.

Aaron's book will still be going on, but i wonder whether there will be a cleanse of the satelite books.. or at least of the current satelite writer(s)

BP:Venomverse, Wakanda Forever, Shuri book (no offense), i think they will have exhausted all her options for writing crap cash-grab stories for movie-characters not-named T'Challa by the start of the 2019/2020 NBA season, no? BP:WoW and BP:Crew by them other chicks? I guess they been tagged out huh? Or are they on rotation if/when this current one gets bounced?

I wonder if it will be just a bunch of BP teamup books, like in DP and MKs series, a year from now. I think the Killmonger sales may play a factor since this seems like the first satelite book since Rise that actually seems to be taken seriously by Marvel.

Hmmm
    Man I'm still salty that Rise didn't become an ongoing. Out of all these satellite garbage books Marvel's been churning out, rise is the only one that not only was able to stabilize it's sales, but also got a slight bump up in a not #1 issue. Had Evans been the one to follow Coates series back in 2016 rather then Gay's dumpster fire of a mini, we likely would have a second ongoing
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-01-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    A good writer and art and that book would have sold. It would have been the perfect companion to a BP solo(Not Coates though).

You bring up good points about what would be in Shuri's head, failing to protect Wakanda, having her brother fix everything.

That would have been far better character development.
    Yep, but instead we get Coates version that glosses over this with "mother" and gives stupid pointless stories to give her ambiguous powers and then T'Challas KotD power but better.. that's now getting retconned out in favor of teen whiny tech genius Shuri

Marvel's approach to putting out spin-off BP books has been a laughable, disappointment with the exception of Rise.

None of the characters had any appeal(even The -NuCrew. No one wanted this team). Marvel just slapped a name and title on a book about a bunch of characters without any thought if it would make any sense.
    Utterly laughable and of course when they are done letting all these gutter titles crash into oblivion ...all of them will lay blame at the feet of T'challa. Agents of Wakanda? You the most advanced society on the planet and they puke up the jungle version of The Crew???? At this point it's clear the comics have no real clue how T'challa and anything related can be, should be handled even with a billion movie as a blueprint banging them dead in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yep, but instead we get Coates version that glosses over this with "mother" and gives stupid pointless stories to give her ambiguous powers and then T'Challas KotD power but better.. that's now getting retconned out in favor of teen whiny tech genius Shuri
    We tried warning those Coates-apologist Shuri loyalists not to believe in the false-prophet named ta nehisi

We reasoned that if he really cared about her, why did it take 2+ years (and Leticia Wright's interpretation) before they finally got a Shuri-centric book?

Lgbt doras, venom-verse mary sue girl, storm and misty, lgbt doras again ft. okoye, rumblings of storm solo attempt... that's not how you treat a lottery pick (Shuri). That's how you treat a back-of-the-bus plot device whose only purpose was to further facilitate the crap-on fest of wakandan males (story time with mother!)

ANd with all those made up meaningless powers that half of season 1 was spent boring us to death cultivating... she was still Krillin status against the season 2 boss and Storm (of course!) had to come in and do the job. And now Shuri finally got drafted (late 2nd round/ early 3rd round), and they pretty much said 'meh, just make her like the movie'. Whoa

Marvel's approach to putting out spin-off BP books has been a laughable, disappointment with the exception of Rise.

None of the characters had any appeal(even The -NuCrew. No one wanted this team). Marvel just slapped a name and title on a book about a bunch of characters without any thought if it would make any sense.
    The nuCrew was an embarrassment. That's not how i like my random assortment of black people to be thrown together. Such a useless team

Lightbulb BP's editors are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Utterly laughable and of course when they are done letting all these gutter titles crash into oblivion ...all of them will lay blame at the feet of T'challa. Agents of Wakanda? You the most advanced society on the planet and they puke up the jungle version of The Crew???? At this point it's clear the comics have no real clue how T'challa and anything related can be, should be handled even with a billion movie as a blueprint banging them dead in the face.
    Unfortunately, one movie isn't going to overcome raci-- uh "Ingrained social stereotyping" in the minds of Marvel Comic's in house shot callers.

What the character means to them isn't the same as what the character meant to the millions of people who loved the Black Panther movie and couldn't give a **** about Marvel Comics. Hence their utter cluelessness as to what to do with the character before the movie, besides "Give it to a black guy", especially one that promises not to make Black Panther "Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!".

Apparently, the movie's success is influencing the the BP stories on a superficial level, making the characters look like and take on certain attributes of their movie counterparts. However it is the spirit of the main comic that has to change.

I want to read about the righteous, genius King of the most spiritually and technologically advanced nation on the planet!
    If you think that is "stupid" or "unrealistic" go write something else!
    I like my T'Challa to be Super competent like a Super hero or something! There can be doubts about fringe elements and, of course, always surprises but his core competency and righteousness must be exalted!

On a positive note, I am enjoying the hell out of the cartoon that Mr. Thorne REDJACK has written!
    See, you can have surprises and intrigue without nerfing the character! Build the antagonists up!

Excelsior!

Daoud

Quote Originally Posted by Daoud View Post
    Unfortunately, one movie isn't going to overcome raci-- uh "Ingrained social stereotyping" in the minds of Marvel Comic's in house shot callers.

What the character means to them isn't the same as what the character meant to the millions of people who loved the Black Panther movie and couldn't give a **** about Marvel Comics. Hence their utter cluelessness as to what to do with the character before the movie, besides "Give it to a black guy", especially one that promises not to make Black Panther "Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!".

Apparently, the movie's success is influencing the the BP stories on a superficial level, making the characters look like and take on certain attributes of their movie counterparts. However it is the spirit of the main comic that has to change.

I want to read about the righteous, genius King of the most spiritually and technologically advanced nation on the planet!
    If you think that is "stupid" or "unrealistic" go write something else!
    I like my T'Challa to be Super competent like a Super hero or something! There can be doubts about fringe elements and, of course, always surprises but his core competency and righteousness must be exalted!

On a positive note, I am enjoying the hell out of the cartoon that Mr. Thorne REDJACK has written!
    See, you can have surprises and intrigue without nerfing the character! Build the antagonists up!

Excelsior!

Daoud
    *applause*

Fun fan art.

We tried warning those Coates-apologist Shuri loyalists not to believe in the false-prophet named ta nehisi

We reasoned that if he really cared about her, why did it take 2+ years (and Leticia Wright's interpretation) before they finally got a Shuri-centric book?

Lgbt doras, venom-verse mary sue girl, storm and misty, lgbt doras again ft. okoye, rumblings of storm solo attempt... that's not how you treat a lottery pick (Shuri). That's how you treat a back-of-the-bus plot device whose only purpose was to further facilitate the crap-on fest of wakandan males (story time with mother!)

ANd with all those made up meaningless powers that half of season 1 was spent boring us to death cultivating... she was still Krillin status against the season 2 boss and Storm (of course!) had to come in and do the job. And now Shuri finally got drafted (late 2nd round/ early 3rd round), and they pretty much said 'meh, just make her like the movie'. Whoa
    Whats worse, is in season 1, when Shuri comes back, Coates adds further insult by claiming Shuri is the pragmatic one and T'Challa wears his heart on his sleeve (seriously this dude had to TRY and be this ignorant) and then makes the most disgusting showing I have ever witnessed of Shuri in having her tell the old lady that her and her grand daughter should of accepted their raping and eventual death all for Wakanda to still stand.. Shuri the one who has never taken the loss of Wakandan life lightly, is telling a woman to be raped and killed for Wakanda... That right there was the biggest insult and I am shocked at how many Shuri fans let that isht slide

Here's a random question for any of you who happen to also be HunterXHunter fans; I've been re-watching the anime and I'm curious how you think T'challa would handle a Chimera Ant outbreak if that happened in Wakanda. Obviously if a Chimera Ant Queen showed up in a major city like Birnin Zana she would be killed before she could lay one egg. But if it broke out in like a mute zone village in the middle of nowhere and T'challa only got wind of it once the royal guard had hatched how do you think he would handle it?

With something like a zombie outbreak I think the Wakandans could clean that **** up over a weekend, but Chimera Ants!!?? I'm thinking he might need to call in the Avengers for back up at that point.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Here's a random question for any of you who happen to also be HunterXHunter fans; I've been re-watching the anime and I'm curious how you think T'challa would handle a Chimera Ant outbreak if that happened in Wakanda. Obviously if a Chimera Ant Queen showed up in a major city like Birnin Zana she would be killed before she could lay one egg. But if it broke out in like a mute zone village in the middle of nowhere and T'challa only got wind of it once the royal guard had hatched how do you think he would handle it?

With something like a zombie outbreak I think the Wakandans could clean that **** up over a weekend, but Chimera Ants!!?? I'm thinking he might need to call in the Avengers for back up at that point.
    first off I love that cartoon. secondly, for me at least, I dont see tchalla and the wakandan defenses alone being able to deal with the ants. maybe the lower ranking soldiers but as you start getting closer to the royal guard and king it would be a wrap for the wakandans. they are just too fast and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    one of the central conflicts of Season 1 was the doras breaking away from the throne, slaughtering the Jabari, and taking over the lands. They killed countless people, cause dthe death of more because Wakanda was busy fighting them instead ot he People.

This was illegal (duh). So much so, Shuri threatened to slaughter them all if they dared to march with Tetu.

T'challa and Aneka had a conversation.

It resolved the issue.

We never saw the conversation. We never saw the bargain. All we saw was aneka claim "he is with us."

We also never saw the formation of the new government, just told about it. Which, normally I wouldn' give a **** because thats boring as hell, but all of season 1 was boring as hell building up to the government so you might as well at least tell us how it works lol.
    I thought there was a meeting where all the reps across wakanda met after tchalla agreed that he alone couldn't make the decisions. it's been a while sense I read the story so I will have to check it out again but ur points sound fair. for me I found God writing of wakanda very engaging and this was before all the goddess stuff before u decide to go there lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    So, i had been curious about reading the run when Black Panther remplace Daredevil as the protector of Hell's Kitchen, is worth checking? or should ignore it?
    If you like street level stuff, it is very entertaining and well written.

the premise is dumb as hell, but if you get past that... T'challa was written very close to Priest T'challa with a dash of Hudlin's swag. It was a very very good T'challa, very dumb premise lol.

The last arc is one of my favorites.

Bro, have we talked about this before? Because i was LITERALLY going to make this exact same pitch for what Shuri's arc should've been from jump. lmao

The only thing i would add is that the story arc would deserve to have some very META elements, because there's the big elephant in the room that's always been there since Shuri's existence: she wants to be Black Panther, everyone else (writers, long-time fans, even Bast) wanted it to be T'Challa. The classic "you're not the favorite/chosen sibling".

i.e. You're Seth Curry, instead of Steph Curry, and you had to live under that shadow until Steph got hurt and you stepped up... but you ultimately failed, Steph got healthy, reclaimed his top spot... and now, among all that celebration that your brother is back in top MVP form, where does that leave you?

That has always been the definitive Shuri story that needed to be told. How she bounces back and rediscovers herself. Like I would love for there to be a scene towards the end (after she's rediscovered herself) with Bast talkin slick about how Wakanda fell under Shuri's rule but Shuri snaps back like "well, maybe if you'd included me in those premonitions you had instead of hording them for just my brother and Reed Richards, we all could've prepared for a fukkin flood or worked together to prevent the end of the mulitiverse from ever happening. Speaking of which Bast, where were you?" #getthestrap
    Probably came up before lol.

But yeah, this is how you would have made Shuri her own character. This is some "The Vision" award winning type ****.

She could have been more than one of T'challa's supporting characters if you went this route.

Which brings up one of my problems with Shuri... She needs to either a) find a niche to become her own character and not just a support character or b) start supporting full time instead of stealing.

As a support character, right now, this weird version of shuri we got going on doesn't promote T'challa at all. She seemingly has cooler powers AND now is a tech genius. So is taking away from the star.

T'challa is Lebron James. You put shooters around Lebron. You give Lebron the Kevin Loves, Chris Bosh of the world and tell THEM to change their games because ITS LEBRON JAMES! You don't give Lebron James people like Larry Hughes, who do all the same **** but much worse lol.

Shuri is turning into Larry Hughes.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought there was a meeting where all the reps across wakanda met after tchalla agreed that he alone couldn't make the decisions. it's been a while sense I read the story so I will have to check it out again but ur points sound fair. for me I found God writing of wakanda very engaging and this was before all the goddess stuff before u decide to go there lol
    With the Doras, Coates backed himself into a corner and didn't know how to get out of it while keeping the MA the good gals. They were responsible for countless Wakandan deaths, they teamed up with The People for awhile... all for selfish motivations. Remember, this started because Ayo got butthurt her Boo was going to be executed. This did NOT start as a rebellion.

Coates didn't know what to do. He had to keep his new favorite duo "good" despite their punishment should have been execution or exile. They were not really the good guys of this story outside of freeing some convenient rape tree houses.

So he solved the problem off panel without even giving us a hint of how T'challa came to the conclusion that he shoudl reward the Doras for rebellion. The MA got everything they wanted without sacrificing anything.

A more ballsy ending would have had T'challa exiling the Jabari lands from Wakanda. Give them true independence. No black panther protecting them. No Wakanda supporting them. Enjoy scraping by in a frozen wasteland just like the white gorilla clan did.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 11-02-2018 at 05:03 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Fun fan art.

Bring them back for a special episode on the Black Panther movie wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post

Call in Monica and Adam for the Pika and King. Based on what Killua and Knuckle were able to do, I think Tchalla can take the other two royal guards.
    If the mute zone gets wiped out, I'm sure WK has something as powerful as a poor man's rose.