Page 34 of 357 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Most of the people that complain about the film are racist. Some have good points but most are just racist using code words because they don't want films with African leads. The film was as good as any other top 5 Marvel film.
    Last edited by goku200; 08-19-2018 at 06:28 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

I'm wondering if they are working on side project together or just doing more promotion for BP.
    That would be most unfortunate.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

IGN ranks BP #11 on 25 greatest comic book movies.

Top 10

1.The Dark Knight
    2. The Winter Soldier
    3. Supeman (78)
    4. Avengers
    5. Batman Begins
    6. Guadians of the Galaxy
    7. Logan
    8. Iron Man
    9. Captain America: Civil War
    10. X-Men First Class
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/...-movies?page=2
    the fact that first class is on the list ahead of BP makes it garbage next.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm loving the coates love!!!! I'm ready for ororo to reconnect with tchalla.. I'm here for this.

wait T'Challa's name translates to "He who puts the knife where it belongs" ... WHAT?!

Is this official? Is this canon?
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    wait T'Challa's name translates to "He who puts the knife where it belongs" ... WHAT?!

No.

It's that Coates BS.

Niffleheim

This is so myopic, how can a writer not see that this could also mean a back stabber?

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    No.

It's that Coates BS.
    Lol. Coates be like:

"I've decided T'Challa's name translates to 'He who puts the knife where it belongs' but I'm never gonna show him living up to that!"

Just costes trying to be cute. Thinking that he will throw in whatever and people will accept it.

IGN ranks BP #11 on 25 greatest comic book movies.

Top 10

1.The Dark Knight
    2. The Winter Soldier
    3. Supeman (78)
    4. Avengers
    5. Batman Begins
    6. Guadians of the Galaxy
    7. Logan
    8. Iron Man
    9. Captain America: Civil War
    10. X-Men First Class
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/...-movies?page=2
    First Class isn't even a top 5 FoXmen film and I liked the movie lol

I'd take X2, DOFP, Logan, DP, DP2 over it in a heart beat and I even like The Wolverine more lol.

Their ranking is irrelevant.
    I find it increasingly funny some cats keep hunting out lists that put BP as low as possible and ignoring all the lists, ratings, rankings that put BP near the top.

It's suspect.

I'm wondering if they are working on side project together or just doing more promotion for BP.
    TNC looks tired AF

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Most of the people that complain about the film are racist. Some have good points but most are just racist using code words because they don't want films with African leads. The film was as good as any other top 5 Marvel film.
    you logged into the wrong account Kareem

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Lol. Coates be like:

"I've decided T'Challa's name translates to 'He who puts the knife where it belongs' but I'm never gonna show him living up to that!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Just costes trying to be cute. Thinking that he will throw in whatever and people will accept it.
    He's trying to pander a bit with the movie references and past stuff but he basically lost the group of fanboys (aka people int his thread lol) who would have ate that **** up if it was season 1
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Actions speak louder than words. And Coates has shown zero actions that speak to me as a fan.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

It's canon if the writer says it's on print. It's fiction, so the writer can say his name means whatever the heck he wants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's canon if the writer says it's on print. It's fiction, so the writer can say his name means whatever the heck he wants.
    T'Challa's name existed long before the events that occurred in Hickman's New Avengers saga so saying that a writer can just write any nonsense for readers to take as Canon, is disingenuous to say the least.

T'Challa's name existed long before the events that occurred in Hickman's New Avengers saga so saying that a writer can just write any nonsense for readers to take as Canon, is disingenuous to say the least.
    Particularly since (to me, anyway) that scene looks like legends loosely based on history. After all, Klaw was not "banished", since banishment only applies to someone who was already a native. And while the Mephisto scene was cool, calling it a "thrashing" is overly generous.

Assuming that's the literal translation, given the context, is laughable.

One issue with the new MCU core that is likely coming after Avengers 4 of T'challa/Strange/Carol is that they are all rather serious characters.

Strange has some of that Stark snark but he wasn't like that at all in IW or Ragnorak. They made him much more mature than his solo movie.

If Carol is anything like her comic version, she is a very (over) serious character.

And T'challa we know is a noble, king, adult.

The first trio, cap, stark, thor... had natural comedic elements built into them. Stark is a hyper active quipping machine. Evan's is serious but always good for a, "i was born 100 years ago." joke. Thor is not of Earth and can bounce from Viking warrior prince to goofball in an instant.

Strange/T'challa/Carol don't fit as well together as they all act like adults. And there is also very little reason for them to hang around together. Strange defends world from mystic threats. Carol has been in space for decades. T'challa is 90% about Wakanda.

I am not counting Peter in this group because so far, his only connection to the Avengers is Stark. And that contract is going to be running out soon and who knows what Sony is planning with him.

Lang makes no sense to be hanging around a king and the sorcerer's supreme. Wasp is ANOTHER serious, adult character.

The "Avengers" future is quite interesting.

It's also "alternate reality" Wakanda. The Canon is going to be odd until we figure out exactly what is going on in that regard.

Plus, this is story telling stuff. Like talking about greek gods or something. Legends and folklore =/= truth

EDIT: arg ninja'd by BoG
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-20-2018 at 07:44 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

[QUOTE=MindofShadow;3855495]One issue with the new MCU core that is likely coming after Avengers 4 of T'challa/Strange/Carol is that they are all rather serious characters.

Strange has some of that Stark snark but he wasn't like that at all in IW or Ragnorak. They made him much more mature than his solo movie.

If Carol is anything like her comic version, she is a very (over) serious character.

And T'challa we know is a noble, king, adult.

The first trio, cap, stark, thor... had natural comedic elements built into them. Stark is a hyper active quipping machine. Evan's is serious but always good for a, "i was born 100 years ago." joke. Thor is not of Earth and can bounce from Viking warrior prince to goofball in an instant.

Strange/T'challa/Carol don't fit as well together as they all act like adults. And there is also very little reason for them to hang around together. Strange defends world from mystic threats. Carol has been in space for decades. T'challa is 90% about Wakanda.

I am not counting Peter in this group because so far, his only connection to the Avengers is Stark. And that contract is going to be running out soon and who knows what Sony is planning with him.

Lang makes no sense to be hanging around a king and the sorcerer's supreme. Wasp is ANOTHER serious, adult character.

The "Avengers" future is quite interesting.

It's also "alternate reality" Wakanda. The Canon is going to be odd until we figure out exactly what is going on in that regard.

Plus, this is story telling stuff. Like talking about greek gods or something. Legends and folklore =/= truth

I think Strange can sort of by funny in a dry sort of way. But yeah, I think Carol might need to interject more personality in the group if Peter's not in the club. If he is, obviously he's got that covered as the rest can just reaction to his stuff.

But it's a very different dynamic. But marvel seems to be able to interject humor and fun in anything, so we'll see.

This newer group might be more similar to the Defenders back in the day. The big guns of Strange, Hulk, Namor and Surfer were there... but the heart of the team was actually more the B list guys like Val, Patsy, and Kyle. They were the ones who were really friends forming a family vibe while the A list Defenders could barely get along. In the same way, the heart of the new Avengers might be people like Wanda, Vision and Clint. Guys like Strange and Black Panther might just show up for star power and added muscle.