Page 21 of 357 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I liked the Ultimates line up that Ewing had. I had more issues with story direction than characters. If magic was needed on the team I would go with Damion Hellstorm. Gives the team that little bit of villainy it needs. Better him than Carol. lol.

For Tchalla I'd make him Young Justice Batman, but add scenes where his is meeting and intimidating world leaders. Also scenes with him and Adam in the lab live Banner and Stark in Avengers.

I don't remember if Ewing said he was going for a team with no leaders, but that is the model I would try for.
    I thought Ewing line up was cool. I don't necessarily think it was going to help sell issues, but the choices all made sense for this particular team.

In practical terms the team was probably too small. But in terms of writing it's nice in the sense that you can tell more intimate stories.

what happened to "yibambe" ?

I go away for a few days and y'all up and change the title. I'm not complaining because Infinity War didn't really leave me with a great taste in my mouth, but still surprised we changed it so fast
    The J-man

I have never read the Ultimates, but from reading about it here and looking at the covers on line it looked like a cool book. I am not on the band-wagon to make them an off shoot of the Avengers though. I would like them to be a separate team all together. I would like the heroes to renounce any current Avenger affiliation and become their own team. Much like the original Defenders did back in the 70's. Dr. Strange, Namor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Valkyrie, and Hawkeye. When that team came out I was blown away, like; "Who could beat these jokers"?

My Ultimate team (maybe not named that though) would be T'Challa, Carol, Midnight Sun, New Valkyrie (from the new Thor Movie), Bro. Voodoo (all who could be cosmic type heroes), and maybe a character that is "out of the blue", like Jack of Hearts.

I envision this team stopping the really BIG problems, before they even get to the Earth Heroes. They would be the unsung Saviors of the world, and no one would really even know about them (their adventures that is).
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

I liked the Ultimates line up that Ewing had. I had more issues with story direction than characters. If magic was needed on the team I would go with Damion Hellstorm. Gives the team that little bit of villainy it needs. Better him than Carol. lol.

For Tchalla I'd make him Young Justice Batman, but add scenes where his is meeting and intimidating world leaders. Also scenes with him and Adam in the lab live Banner and Stark in Avengers.

I don't remember if Ewing said he was going for a team with no leaders, but that is the model I would try for.
    90% sure he said no leaders but carol clearly was for first book then mac was second book

The book ended up "ok" but the premise of the book was misleading. It was a cosmic galactus book with a side of event cross overs lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I have never read the Ultimates, but from reading about it here and looking at the covers on line it looked like a cool book. I am not on the band-wagon to make them an off shoot of the Avengers though. I would like them to be a separate team all together. I would like the heroes to renounce any current Avenger affiliation and become their own team. Much like the original Defenders did back in the 70's. Dr. Strange, Namor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Valkyrie, and Hawkeye. When that team came out I was blown away, like; "Who could beat these jokers"?

My Ultimate team (maybe not named that though) would be T'Challa, Carol, Midnight Sun, New Valkyrie (from the new Thor Movie), Bro. Voodoo (all who could be cosmic type heroes), and maybe a character that is "out of the blue", like Jack of Hearts.

I envision this team stopping the really BIG problems, before they even get to the Earth Heroes. They would be the unsung Saviors of the world, and no one would really even know about them (their adventures that is).
    Tbh, if i was making an ultimates, tchalla doesnt really belong. He isnt really cosmic imo.

I dont like carol, but her job at alpha flight is essentially ultimates job description. She has to be there.

If tchalla had his own "team," id prefer an international avengers team of some sort instead.

BP
    Captsin britain
    Rhodey
    Namor
    Mutant representative
    Ect

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

I remember that "team with no clear leader" mess on Ewing's part and just found myself wondering if he would've taken a similar stance if Captain America or Iron Man were part of the Ultimates?

The inclusion of Carol Danvers to the Ultimates roster was just as bone headed as Sam Cap being foisted onto the Mighty Avengers.

T'challa being a clear cut leader of a bona-fide super group would be a step I'm the right direction by any writer interested in writing this character to his full potential.

BANNED

Agreed 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Tbh, if i was making an ultimates, tchalla doesnt really belong. He isnt really cosmic imo.

I dont like carol, but her job at alpha flight is essentially ultimates job description. She has to be there.

If tchalla had his own "team," id prefer an international avengers team of some sort instead.

BP
    Captsin britain
    Rhodey
    Namor
    Mutant representative
    Ect
    I respectfully disagree. T'Challa is just as equipped as Tony or Cap to travel to the stars (which they have done many times). With all his tech, he could build a space ship that rivals anything we have ever seen. Also, what is a little force field tech/surviving in space to the King of Wakanda! Plus, he would be mostly earth bound in his solo adventures; he would just bring out the space tech when with the new team.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Agreed 100%.
    Big M agreed with me (100% by the way), so no one else need comment. LOL

I respectfully disagree. T'Challa is just as equipped as Tony or Cap to travel to the stars (which they have done many times). With all his tech, he could build a space ship that rivals anything we have ever seen. Also, what is a little force field tech/surviving in space to the King of Wakanda! Plus, he would be mostly earth bound in his solo adventures; he would just bring out the space tech when with the new team.
    I wouldnt put tony or cap on a space team either.

Doing cosmic occasionally is fine (like mcduffies f4) but i wouldn't want bp, cap, im, or many other earth heroes on a cosmic team personally

BP
    Captsin britain
    Rhodey
    Namor
    Mutant representative
    Ect
    I wouldn't really qualify T'challa as cosmic either ... but I think if you look at the Ultimates as a group which fills the FF role, he kind of fits.

I think T'challa works well as a part timer, but realistically if the idea is to have a team designed to deal with threats pro-actively before they start, they probably should have a crew consisting of people willing to do this full time. And that likely excludes guys like T'Challa or Iron Man. Not that I wouldn't want T'challa on the team ... just saying realistically there are people who I think would be better fits because they don't have day jobs dividing their time.

You can be a part time Avenger because they only need to assemble when there's a big enough problem. But if the Ultimates are actively seeking out threats rather than just waiting for them to show up, that's a full time job.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Totally redundant and stagnant to boot.

Minus Carol Danvers, the last Ultimates lineup was on point.
    I dobt personally care for Carol, I find her boring. However, I know marvel is trying to use her to compete with WW. I actually thought MAC was a weak link as well.she didn't really contribute much to the team except pouting faces. She didn't really do anything that made me think "Wow I'm glad she is in the team"

I still sn salty though abkut how powerful the team was yet they never cut loose till the end in a rushed manner.

I wouldnt put tony or cap on a space team either.

Doing cosmic occasionally is fine (like mcduffies f4) but i wouldn't want bp, cap, im, or many other earth heroes on a cosmic team personally
    The blessing of Tchalla, he can go into street level to cosmic stories sbd everything in between. I don't mind cosmic stories. In fact they can be fun. But they should be done how Hudlin And McDuffie did during their runs. Just fun adventures where they can punch stuff.

Other option is the marvelchs/ World leader's team

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I dobt personally care for Carol, I find her boring. However, I know marvel is trying to use her to compete with WW. I actually thought MAC was a weak link as well.she didn't really contribute much to the team except pouting faces. She didn't really do anything that made me think "Wow I'm glad she is in the team"

I still sn salty though abkut how powerful the team was yet they never cut loose till the end in a rushed manner.
    Mac provided transportation, and was arguably the most experienced person at what they were doing. She was also the second most physically most powerful. I'd say she was as important as anyone else on the team. I think Ewing did shop no making everyone matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The blessing of Tchalla, he can go into street level to cosmic stories sbd everything in between. I don't mind cosmic stories. In fact they can be fun. But they should be done how Hudlin And McDuffie did during their runs. Just fun adventures where they can punch stuff.

Other option is the marvelchs/ World leader's team
    Ditto what EzyoGrand Says!