Page 308 of 357 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 5350

Captain America crying has to move you just a little...

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Endgame is a silly name, everything they are showing we knew already. Good thing i will not be paying to see this. I have principles, many don't
    it's not a matter of principle.

see the movies you like.
    miss the movies you don't like.

that's it.

I am so glad Redjack survived the Thanos Snap...

(I had some reserve cure for all cocoa butter in case things got little ashy for you... You know how black skin does)

contingencies contingencies contingencies...

When they bring T'challa back do you think he will have a skin full of keloids?
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    To keep it a buck, I'm just in it for the Wakandan characters. I don't really care about the others, especially the core cast which we've seen adnauseam. Whether Tony/Steve die or ride off to the sunset is whatever to me. Pepper Potts emotional state is whatever to me.

So my anticipation for this movie plummeted into whatever-ville after infinity war. Gon see if trailer-2 can restore the feeling, since trailer-1 wasn't it
    What about Rhodey though?

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thanks from sharing. I'm not liking the art in this unfortunately.
    I'm not liking the art either. I would have loved for Jen Bartel to stay on the title. Her work is always a treat.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'm probably alone in this but my concern is the story. I strongly suspect I'm not going to like the plot or premiss of how they undo the snap, which in turn will hurt the previous film.

Also after marinating on Thanos motivations for a while I'm not feeling them as much as I was a few months back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    To keep it a buck, I'm just in it for the Wakandan characters. I don't really care about the others, especially the core cast which we've seen adnauseam. Whether Tony/Steve die or ride off to the sunset is whatever to me. Pepper Potts emotional state is whatever to me.

So my anticipation for this movie plummeted into whatever-ville after infinity war. Gon see if trailer-2 can restore the feeling, since trailer-1 wasn't it
    I'm low key about done with these Avengers movies. Wakanda and its characters felt very shallow in Infinity War. M'Baku down to get destroyed...for what? Okoye not questioning **** (forget the Starbucks comment),

now Shur is dead? Cant be missing. She just ran off an disappeared? Really? Such a betrayal of characters or a fail of characters.

I'm sure the movie will be dope. However, outside of the ending with Thanos I don't "buy the seriousness".

A heated exchange between characters arguing in BP holds more weight.

The shame obviously is that the end of BP turns real people into sort of weightless characters (or riding one ….the rhino). Outside of that it feels more than an action movie.

Coogler's dark irony of T'Challa "not freezing", but freezing felt more meaningful than the dust bit at the end.

Killmonger throwing T'Challa off the cliff felt waaaaaaayyyy more powerful than Thanos/Gamora. The latter felt vey melodramatic.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-07-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I'm low key about done with these Avengers movies. Wakanda and its characters felt very shallow in Infinity War. M'Baku down to get destroyed...for what? Okoye not questioning **** (forget the Starbucks comment),

now Shur is dead? Cant be missing. She just ran off an disappeared? Really? Such a betrayal of characters or a fail of characters.

I'm sure the movie will be dope. However, outside of the ending with Thanos I don't "buy the seriousness".

A heated exchange between characters arguing in BP holds more weight.

The shame obviously is that the end of BP turns real people into sort of weightless characters (or riding one ….the rhino). Outside of that it feels more than an action movie.

Coogler's dark irony of T'Challa "not freezing", but freezing felt more meaningful than the dust bit at the end.

Killmonger throwing T'Challa off the cliff felt waaaaaaayyyy more powerful than Thanos/Gamora. The latter felt vey melodramatic.
    When you have movies with two dozen super heroes in it, it definately becomes much harder to be a more character driven. You can pick a FEW key characters to focus on, like say Thor or Gamora... but the other two dozen heroes unfortunately end up almost window dressing. That's the downside to these big super hero mash ups. Civil War handled it better, but the cast was a lot smaller.

That said, I'm not sure marvel will ever do something like this again anyways.

Just read Killmonger issue #1...

The meeting with the "Guidance Counselor" made me think of this right here...

Colonizer women are part of this nutritious breakfast according to Killmonger himself!

Does that count as a sell out action?

(pulls out old Malcolm X mix tapes and reviews)
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by goku200 View Post
    Endgame is a silly name, everything they are showing we knew already. Good thing i will not be paying to see this. I have principles, many don't
    Nothing says principled like unearned self-satisfaction.

Give yourself another round of applause.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Hmmm. I'm definitely going to watch the movie and I'm probably going to love it. But the Russo Brothers are like Wakanda's greatest enemy. These guys can't mention Wakanda without killing/getting rid of one of the royal family. First T'chaka (fine) then T'challa(really?) and now Shuri (sigh).

Maybe I'm bugging but I don't like the idea of the throne of Wakanda changing hands so frequently. T'chaka->T'challa->N'jadaka->T'challa->Shuri->M'baku?. Like imagine if 5 different people had worn the iron man suit in phase 1 alone, or the mantle of Cap had passed to falcon and Bucky and back to cap all within the same phase. or miles morales, silk and gwen were all spider people right after homecoming. Wakanda just seems mad unstable now, and i guess this was inevitable when you introduce the BP movie right before infinity war, but damn.

Lastly, how did the avengers get a mug shot of shuri? and its kinda hard to see since its so blurry but it kinda looks like shuri has letitia wright's short straightened hair style. I'm hoping thats not the case since natural hair is supposed to be so important to Wakandans.

either way its just a 2 minute teaser and I'm probably still going to love the movie.

Avengers is a bigger scale and they decided to focus on the original characters minus Hawkeye...because lets be real its Hawkeye.

Still Marvel didn't anticipate how much Atman characters and especially Black Panther characters are loved. Granted things were being shot before some movies dropped but its still a little disappointing. Also its kind of hard for the audience to wrap your head around half of the universe just vanishing and than to just undo that somehow..... eh. Cap 2 & 3, the BP film even Doctor Strange is little easier to process and relate too.

I also feel like Infinity War undercut Civil War a lot. Civil War had huge ramifications in changing the world with the Sokovia Accords, the Avengers relationships. War Machine is paralyzed although they quickly gave him some M.A.N.T.I.S. style contraption. Normally I like Marvel's not waiting and jumping to the next big thing but it would have been nice to really take in those ramifications for at least one film. Instead we got much higher stakes so it would be silly for them to remain petty about it. I'd probably still be a little bitter tho if I was Rhodey, but that's just me.

As some of you know I'm not a big Guardians of the Galaxy fan but outside of Rocket and Groot those characters really got a bad shake.

This is probably a turning point with me for Marvel where I'm really only going to focus on certain movies as the universe has gotten so vast. Not like I saw every film in theaters but recently even the ones I skipped out on turned out to be good once I got around to seeing them.
    The J-man

BANNED

Thank Allah i love myself and my people more than entertainment. It feels good to have real pride and not be a hypocrite.

I'll be there thursday 7PM in IMAX

Yall crazy, but I admire the dedication lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Avengers: Endgame is the culmination of years of building the Avengers storyline.

People are complaining that it doesn't showcase a character who isn't actually an Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Avengers is a bigger scale and they decided to focus on the original characters minus Hawkeye...because lets be real its Hawkeye.

Still Marvel didn't anticipate how much Atman characters and especially Black Panther characters are loved. Granted things were being shot before some movies dropped but its still a little disappointing. Also its kind of hard for the audience to wrap your head around half of the universe just vanishing and than to just undo that somehow..... eh. Cap 2 & 3, the BP film even Doctor Strange is little easier to process and relate too.

I also feel like Infinity War undercut Civil War a lot. Civil War had huge ramifications in changing the world with the Sokovia Accords, the Avengers relationships. War Machine is paralyzed although they quickly gave him some M.A.N.T.I.S. style contraption. Normally I like Marvel's not waiting and jumping to the next big thing but it would have been nice to really take in those ramifications for at least one film. Instead we got much higher stakes so it would be silly for them to remain petty about it. I'd probably still be a little bitter tho if I was Rhodey, but that's just me.

As some of you know I'm not a big Guardians of the Galaxy fan but outside of Rocket and Groot those characters really got a bad shake.

This is probably a turning point with me for Marvel where I'm really only going to focus on certain movies as the universe has gotten so vast. Not like I saw every film in theaters but recently even the ones I skipped out on turned out to be good once I got around to seeing them.
    Funny thing is Ant-man seems to be one of the most integral part of the story and maybe a semi deus ex machina of some sort who is not even an Avenger despite his low box office numbers for both movies in comparison to Bp

Don't really see what Wakanda will bring to the table in Avengers Endgame and with M'Baku possibly the new king of Wakanda, I doubt if he would even want to help the outside world due to his ideology and with the hit Wakanda took in IW.