Page 158 of 357 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Also inaccurate as the big deal about bashenga is that he is the first Black panther and the one who unified Wakanda. Otherwise the review is spot on. Coates doesn't have 12 issue's worth of storytelling. More like 6.. just like in S1 &2 Coates pretends he has this big epic when really he is simply dragging the plot because had he not this would already be just about over

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want to hear Keith David voice T'Chaka.

He was the first voice of Black Panther in animation and he's Keith David. He's perfect for the role .
    I love me some Keith David. Goliath from Gargoyles and a dozen of other voices. He's has such a powerful commanding voice.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Jabare due to Alliteration Laws the use of the word "Throwback" shall only be reserved for Thursdays so you are hereby served for being in violation... Thanks for your cooperation!
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol oh no why do you say that?
    Because practically all of the satellite books have been blighted by sub standard artists.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

^ I really enjoyed Jackson Guice's art on Black Panther and The Crew. He's also a well-established artist and I doubt anyone would call him substandard.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    6. Oh hey look. Coates using a side book to explain **** again. Typical.
    Out of curiosity, does Coates actually have any involvement in the Shuri book? I hadn't seen the comments he had like he did with the Crew and, with World of Wakanda, he at least wrote a backup story for the first issue. Given that it seems wildly inconsistent with his version of Shuri, this didn't feel like something he would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I was surprised they didn't retcon him into being a mutant during that 15 minutes where Marvel thought the Inhumans were gonna be the next big thing like they did for Quake.
    He was referenced in Agents of SHIELD as an Inhuman, demonstrating that you can leave someone a mutant and use them in a Marvel/Disney property as an Inhuman without changing them in the comics. Quake was changed because she's obviously a far more prominent character in the TV show than a namedrop. She's also not a mutant. IIRC, the only characters retconned to Inhumans were not mutants either: Toro, Ana Kravinoff, Quake. Am I missing any?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah and Tchalla never Even talked to manifold, yet come Coates S1 manifold is all up on Wakanda business and T'Challa "needs this help" to secure Wakanda. And it just so happens that the two characters who keep taking up the most supporting cast panel time bare two mutants? Pure coincidence I'm sure..
    Yea, Manifold is kinda wack. And made worse because he's a tag along no one asked for or even pays attention to. Just lazy writing and missed opportunities to cultivate Kasper or bring in a new supporting cast character

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Eden the pool boy that knocked up the housewife

We gonna find out shuri pregnant. She went back to her party days

Papparazi gonna go wild.

Eden got the bag.

There must be a gene in the royal line to make them seek non wakandans to diversify the bloodline or sonethin lol

Eden showing these male ig thots how to win in life. From grown-man diapers to rich forever, get paid black man

However, this lazy shoe-horning of non-wakandans and non-mytho characters needs to stop.

They doing Eden/Shuri like Rhodey/Carol. Brief left field relationship status change then Boy BYE! Just pretend there was slow build with payoff and investment in seeing the two together. (Or maybe a **** ton of flashbacks). Let's just use our imaginations to fill in the gaps

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Should Coogler bring back his same crew or switch it up for the sequel?

Part of what got me excited about BP was Marvel letting Coogler bring in his editors (although one was removed for SMHC's editor), cinematographer, production design and composer.

To me you have to bring back Luwig. I love what the others did as well.....but should Coogler go out and get the best? Not who he is most comfortable with? He's got cache. Unlike earlier Marvel films where everything was in house Coogler has pull.

If Bradford Young was interested in being the Cinematographer for BP2 should Coogler consider it? What if Deakins was available? What if Nolan's editors were interested?

As much as I love what Ryan and crew have done. I kinda want to see what happens if Ryan steps outside his comfort zone. I still think Creed has the best cinematography, fight choreography, etc. and that was because Ryan was forced to replace Rachel Morrison with Maryse Alberti once she got pregnant.

Its risky, scary and may not work. But I'm kind of hoping goes against the grain a bit.

In Coogler we trust
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    ^ I really enjoyed Jackson Guice's art on Black Panther and The Crew. He's also a well-established artist and I doubt anyone would call him substandard.

Out of curiosity, does Coates actually have any involvement in the Shuri book? I hadn't seen the comments he had like he did with the Crew and, with World of Wakanda, he at least wrote a backup story for the first issue. Given that it seems wildly inconsistent with his version of Shuri, this didn't feel like something he would have done.

He was referenced in Agents of SHIELD as an Inhuman, demonstrating that you can leave someone a mutant and use them in a Marvel/Disney property as an Inhuman without changing them in the comics. Quake was changed because she's obviously a far more prominent character in the TV show than a namedrop. She's also not a mutant. IIRC, the only characters retconned to Inhumans were not mutants either: Toro, Ana Kravinoff, Quake. Am I missing any?
    I wasn't talking about Jackson Guice.

Besides, The Crew isn't the only satellite BP book to surface since Coates garbage BP below sub-standard influence began to infect the BP mythos.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

You said the art would suck in this because the art has sucked in practically all the satellite books. I pointed out that the art was pretty good in Black Panther and the Crew. The satellite books so far have been: World of Wakanda, Black Panther and the Crew, Rise of the Black Panther, that Dora Milaje book I've forgotten its name. Am I missing any? Rise's art was fine too, imo, so I feel like half of the art has been decent to good.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Part of what got me excited about BP was Marvel letting Coogler bring in his editors (although one was removed for SMHC's editor), cinematographer, production design and composer.

To me you have to bring back Luwig. I love what the others did as well.....but should Coogler go out and get the best? Not who he is most comfortable with? He's got cache. Unlike earlier Marvel films where everything was in house Coogler has pull.

If Bradford Young was interested in being the Cinematographer for BP2 should Coogler consider it? What if Deakins was available? What if Nolan's editors were interested?

As much as I love what Ryan and crew have done. I kinda want to see what happens if Ryan steps outside his comfort zone. I still think Creed has the best cinematography, fight choreography, etc. and that was because Ryan was forced to replace Rachel Morrison with Maryse Alberti once she got pregnant.

Its risky, scary and may not work. But I'm kind of hoping goes against the grain a bit.
    Same crew. If you have a crew that you synergize well with then your going to play off each other and know what the others are thinking this more likely to nail a scene. Really if there was any "issue" was that the 3rd act was probably rushed a little and they didn't have enough time to clean up some of the cgi... Which Again is a non Issue in the blue ray release. Another thing to remember is unlike tws or tdk, BP and his world is a highly advanced nation with super advanced tech that has to be considered so the choreography has to keep that in mind.

He ain't just fighting boxer style with a shield or fists with the occasional battarang. He has claws, capoera, force push as well as other advanced tech being used such as Sonic cannons, Spears, dashiki energy shields and dragon fliers with Sonic cannons... Different beast

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

Get the fight choreographers that worked on "Into The Badlands".

Use either a Film camera or the Arri Alexa Imax camera used in Infinity Wars for some level of immersion.

Other than that, I can think of anything else. Maybe use Matthew Libatique as the new cinematographer but its not really necessarily.

BANNED

You said the art would suck in this because the art has sucked in practically all the satellite books. I pointed out that the art was pretty good in Black Panther and the Crew. The satellite books so far have been: World of Wakanda, Black Panther and the Crew, Rise of the Black Panther, that Dora Milaje book I've forgotten its name. Am I missing any? Rise's art was fine too, imo, so I feel like half of the art has been decent to good.
    And I course corrected by stating that I was not referring to Mr Guice and went further to point out that The Crew book wasn't the only satellite book that came out in the wake of Coates Tsunami of dreck.

I had no interest in Rise of BP but heard it was pretty good based on Ezyo1000's praise of the book.

I just haven't been able muster up much interest for anything BP related that's come out post Coates other than T'Challa's guest appearances in other characters books.

It is what it is.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 10-13-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Total BP satellite books:

BP WoW
    BP &C
    RotBP
    Wakanda forever
    Long live the King
    Shuri book (we got a sample)

Of the 6 books 2 have decent art... That's not a good batting average...