Page 129 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 5350

I was re-reading the most recent issue, and noticed something I found interesting. Last issue we were told “T’Challa” means “ He Who Put The Knife Where It Belonged” (obviously paying homage to Hickman’s line from TRO); and in this issue I noticed in the fight scenes the stab wounds used the sound effect “T’CHAK!” several times throughout. I wonder if that was coincidence or intentional or an Easter egg Acuña threw in. I think it would be cool if the Royal Family names were derived from onomatopoeia based on the sounds of combat

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I agree with everything this man here said.

Dboi, acknowledge this man and his points lol.
    I acknowledge his points. I even have the same idea as few of them listed there i.e Kimoyo beads for detective or even stealth mission. Hell I will even put Thermal vision integrated with his mask to be able able to detect heat signatures.

The question is will Disney/Marvel acknowledge these points? Sometimes, execs are oblivious to the obvious things that are just no brainers to the general fanbase.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 09-29-2018 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    That will be really tough to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Just making the game itself as God of War and Spider-Man are critically acclaimed with the latter being declared as the best superhero game ever made.

Even with the box office numbers, execs wont be that confident with a stand alone game and like I said few posts ago, they probably have other heroes that have been considered before BP in terms of video games.
    What the hell is this shit Dboi! Snap out of it. Wake up!

Dont give me that "can't be as good as..." crap! SM is just building on what came before it (Arkham games plus its previous games) and adding its own stuff! Ain't no reason Black Panther can't do the same.

And what is this "get in line at the back of the bus stuff!" BP bust through that line and said, "no, you move!" We on the throne!

Will the real Dboi please stand up! Who is this imposter?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Despite the marvel movies doing extremely well, really none of the marvel stuff has gotten a whole lot of love on the video game side apart from Lego and the Capcom fighters. Spider-Man is the first hero in awhile to get a REAL console video game, and that's almost a no brainer for Sony.

To this day I'm envious as heck that DC has had their DCUOnline up and running since forever, while marvel never managed to get a console MMO off the ground. They do stuff you can buy on an app store sure, but it would be nice to see some love on the console side.
    True, to an extent. And even DC can't do any solo console games other than Batman. Won't even try.

Instead of doing a game with any specific hero, just do an Avengers game. That should get the biggest bang for your buck.
    I don't think so honestly. It would be even more difficult of a game. You are mixing power levels, storylines, no real cohesiveness in the game mythos. It would be really hard to tell a good personal story and the good personal stories like GoW and SM are what make the game reviewers pants tight

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Maybe it's because I've been watching a walkthrough for Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 game while thinking and conceptualising a Black Panther video game in my head, but a lot of the action beats in the Black Panther movie remind me a lot of gameplay. I don't mean that in the "The characters movie like PS2 models and the whole things looks fake!" kinda way. Just that Coogler shot the majority of the action sequences using a steady hand, long takes, and often depicted the action from T'Challa's perspective. Plus, there's a certain cool factor they all have. Like Coogler just had to make T'Challa in action look like the coolest thing in the world. Not epic, not badass, not rough and gritty. But cool. It's particularly evident in the Busan car chase.

But anyway, yeah these things remind me of gameplay mechanics:

Your animation for summoning your car/Sky-Cycle/hoverbike when you want to ride it

Your quick time event mechanics and animations to do difficult stunts (look at that long take shot of T'Challa getting back on top of the car, that's such a video game angle)

Your boss fight finisher lol

Y'all can't tell me these don't look like quick time event mechanics

I can already see the command prompts. Press "X" here, repeatedly mash "Box" here, hold "L1" and "R1" lol.

And it's not just that:

- You can have Shuri as the tutorial guide for new tech and providing you with ideas for gear.

- Different people from different tribes can be your mission handlers.

- Energy daggers as the default quick tap ranged weapon with Kimoyo beads (y'all know I love my beads lol) as gear you unlock as you go further and upgrade.

- Kinetic energy build up for finishers and AoE attacks, or for higher jumps/dashes of speed (I got you Ezyo)

- Enhanced senses and Kimoyo interface are the interactive detective vision.

- Parkour, wall running and climbing, Sky-Cycle/hoverbike for movement. Panther Jet/Royal Talon Fighter for fast travel across your map.

- Regular bullets can't hurt you and build up your energy (so does fighting) but energy weapons like sonic or vibrating weapons can hurt you and deplete your energy buildup.

- T'Challa, Shuri and Okoye as playable characters, maybe even other Panthers like T'Chaka.

- "Fight for the Throne" gladiator match-type challenges.

- Air ship battles.

- Dora Milaje or Hatut Zeraze backup.

- Nakia the spy DLC.

- Go all out with T'Challa's rogues gallery with Killmonger, M'Baku, Doom, Namor, Klaw, Kraven, and bring out the unknowns too.

- Put Latveria, Atlantis, America, other neighbouring countries to Wakanda, other African countries, and America on the map.

- Unlockable costumes for days!

There is so much potential in a Black Panther video game, it's ridiculous. I'm glad a movie as well thought out and crafted with the right kind of world building came out this year because it has at least shown Black Panther and Wakanda in a 3-D and "realistic", immersive environment that's highly conceptualised. Pull inspiration from that and all the comics, animated appearances and whatever. And it's not like it's a hard game to create. T'Challa's a character who's an acrobatic enhanced human who uses gadgets and H2H fighting. That's many video game characters from Batman, to Spider-Man, to Assassin's Creed and so on. The mechanics are already there.

And honestly, if the movies can keep this momentum up (and I think they will with Coogler still at the helm), if an AAA game is developed, looks good, is good, and is marketed right, there's no way it wouldn't sell like hot cakes. Execs didn't see 1.3 billion coming. Some of us didn't even see 1.3 billion coming. Why should we doubt our king again? I believe there's a community out there that wants this. To explore a beautiful nation like Wakanda and the other beautiful nations of Africa. To play as a badass black superhero and king, or badass princess or female general.

What a Black Panther game really, really needs is a competent team of people who have the experience involved (if as many of them are black, the better) who are passionate about Black Panther, about T'Challa, and about Wakanda. I don't know if such people exist, but it's people like that who would make a great video game. The voice actors and accents have to be right. The aesthetics have to be right. I'm not too worried about gameplay but it has to be fun and be right too. Graphics, designs, everything has to be at least Spider-Man PS4 level. It also needs a really good story. Black Panther may not have the most riveting or iconic Marvel stories, but someone with a good script and direction (as the movie has shown) can turn in something really special.

If it is, I don't see why no studio wouldn't want to greenlight it. Granted not every studio has a man who is at least as sensible and faithful as Feige but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    T'Challa is like Mayweather to them, but fused with Obama's squeaky clean mainstream image.

They'll pay for Floyd fights just so that they can cry about how boring he is, just like they'll watch Black Panther 2 on opening weekend just so they can cry about BP2's big opening weekend lol. They want him to lose so bad but he wins and prints money, so they can only speak in code and throw shade for clicks and views to profit off of his name.

They ain't slick. "_____ SLAMS Black Panther!!!"

*click click click* $$$$$

Hahahahha
    That is a really good comparison lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What the hell is this shit Dboi! Snap out of it. Wake up!

Dont give me that "can't be as good as..." crap! SM is just building on what came before it (Arkham games plus its previous games) and adding its own stuff! Ain't no reason Black Panther can't do the same.

And what is this "get in line at the back of the bus stuff!" BP bust through that line and said, "no, you move!" We on the throne!

Will the real Dboi please stand up! Who is this imposter?

True, to an extent. And even DC can't do any solo console games other than Batman. Won't even try.

I don't think so honestly. It would be even more difficult of a game. You are mixing power levels, storylines, no real cohesiveness in the game mythos. It would be really hard to tell a good personal story and the good personal stories like GoW and SM are what make the game reviewers pants tight

That is a really good comparison lol.
    I can certainly appreciate a single player game with a good personal story. I'll play through it and enjoy the heck out of it once... maybe twice. But for me at least a game delivers the biggest bang for your buck when it's a good fun multi-player game. Games just have more value, to me at least, when I can play with friends. Plus multi-character games gives more opportunities for micro tranactions, which for a lot of games helps justify the costs of making. And that I think is where an Avengers game moreso than a single character game can shine.

I'm just saying if DC can pull if off with DCU Online, which did well enough to transfer over to the next generation of gaming consoles, marvel should be able to.

I can certainly appreciate a single player game with a good personal story. I'll play through it and enjoy the heck out of it once... maybe twice. But for me at least a game delivers the biggest bang for your buck when it's a good fun multi-player game. Games just have more value, to me at least, when I can play with friends. Plus multi-character games gives more opportunities for micro tranactions, which for a lot of games helps justify the costs of making. And that I think is where an Avengers game moreso than a single character game can shine.

I'm just saying if DC can pull if off with DCU Online, which did well enough to transfer over to the next generation of gaming consoles, marvel should be able to.
    There are alot of people who enjoy Skyrim breathe of the wild, the witcher, Shadow of Mordor, GoW, assassin's Creed and arklam like games.. I would rather have a badass BP game that focuses on just how large and expansive BP's World is rather then an Avengers game.

Maybe it's because I've been watching a walkthrough for Marvel's Spider-Man PS4 game while thinking and conceptualising a Black Panther video game in my head, but a lot of the action beats in the Black Panther movie remind me a lot of gameplay. I don't mean that in the "The characters movie like PS2 models and the whole things looks fake!" kinda way. Just that Coogler shot the majority of the action sequences using a steady hand, long takes, and often depicted the action from T'Challa's perspective. Plus, there's a certain cool factor they all have. Like Coogler just had to make T'Challa in action look like the coolest thing in the world. Not epic, not badass, not rough and gritty. But cool. It's particularly evident in the Busan car chase.

But anyway, yeah these things remind me of gameplay mechanics:

Your animation for summoning your car/Sky-Cycle/hoverbike when you want to ride it

Your quick time event mechanics and animations to do difficult stunts (look at that long take shot of T'Challa getting back on top of the car, that's such a video game angle)

Your boss fight finisher lol

Y'all can't tell me these don't look like quick time event mechanics

I can already see the command prompts. Press "X" here, repeatedly mash "Box" here, hold "L1" and "R1" lol.

And it's not just that:

- You can have Shuri as the tutorial guide for new tech and providing you with ideas for gear.

- Different people from different tribes can be your mission handlers.

- Energy daggers as the default quick tap ranged weapon with Kimoyo beads (y'all know I love my beads lol) as gear you unlock as you go further and upgrade.

- Kinetic energy build up for finishers and AoE attacks, or for higher jumps/dashes of speed (I got you Ezyo)

- Enhanced senses and Kimoyo interface are the interactive detective vision.

- Parkour, wall running and climbing, Sky-Cycle/hoverbike for movement. Panther Jet/Royal Talon Fighter for fast travel across your map.

- Regular bullets can't hurt you and build up your energy (so does fighting) but energy weapons like sonic or vibrating weapons can hurt you and deplete your energy buildup.

- T'Challa, Shuri and Okoye as playable characters, maybe even other Panthers like T'Chaka.

- "Fight for the Throne" gladiator match-type challenges.

- Air ship battles.

- Dora Milaje or Hatut Zeraze backup.

- Nakia the spy DLC.

- Go all out with T'Challa's rogues gallery with Killmonger, M'Baku, Doom, Namor, Klaw, Kraven, and bring out the unknowns too.

- Put Latveria, Atlantis, America, other neighbouring countries to Wakanda, other African countries, and America on the map.

- Unlockable costumes for days!

There is so much potential in a Black Panther video game, it's ridiculous. I'm glad a movie as well thought out and crafted with the right kind of world building came out this year because it has at least shown Black Panther and Wakanda in a 3-D and "realistic", immersive environment that's highly conceptualised. Pull inspiration from that and all the comics, animated appearances and whatever. And it's not like it's a hard game to create. T'Challa's a character who's an acrobatic enhanced human who uses gadgets and H2H fighting. That's many video game characters from Batman, to Spider-Man, to Assassin's Creed and so on. The mechanics are already there.

And honestly, if the movies can keep this momentum up (and I think they will with Coogler still at the helm), if an AAA game is developed, looks good, is good, and is marketed right, there's no way it wouldn't sell like hot cakes. Execs didn't see 1.3 billion coming. Some of us didn't even see 1.3 billion coming. Why should we doubt our king again? I believe there's a community out there that wants this. To explore a beautiful nation like Wakanda and the other beautiful nations of Africa. To play as a badass black superhero and king, or badass princess or female general.

What a Black Panther game really, really needs is a competent team of people who have the experience involved (if as many of them are black, the better) who are passionate about Black Panther, about T'Challa, and about Wakanda. I don't know if such people exist, but it's people like that who would make a great video game. The voice actors and accents have to be right. The aesthetics have to be right. I'm not too worried about gameplay but it has to be fun and be right too. Graphics, designs, everything has to be at least Spider-Man PS4 level. It also needs a really good story. Black Panther may not have the most riveting or iconic Marvel stories, but someone with a good script and direction (as the movie has shown) can turn in something really special.

If it is, I don't see why no studio wouldn't want to greenlight it. Granted not every studio has a man who is at least as sensible and faithful as Feige but still.
    I see you blind, and yes I support all of this, that would be a badass game and j kikey your ideas. This is what we deserve. All of this

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Dboi does have a point with the execs not recognising the potential. I think it's serendipitous how the Black Panther got made over at Marvel Studios with the right producers, director, actors, crew and studio, but people had been sitting on this IP for years without knowing the potential it had. Almost none of them saw 1.3 billion coming because they didn't see the demographic that was starving and craving a movie like Black Panther. I think (and hope) that same demographic exists in the video game community (even though I've heard how... weird that community is)

That being said, I can't think of any other property other than the Avengers and Spider-Man that is more of a priority to the relevant group of execs than Black Panther. Can't be any of the core Avengers because they either aren't as popular on their own or their game will be harder to make. Certainly isn't Doctor Strange, the Guardians or the Defenders. With the success of the movie and if it continues, Black Panther will start to look (and is already looking) like the next big superhero game IP that needs to be tapped.

Also regarding the game, the music has to be on point. I'm so tempted to say "Just let Ludwig score the whole thing. Dude scored a whole 4-hour cut of a film, he can do 12!" but I'd like to see someone else try. But they better have T'Challa's theme from the movie in it.

Dboi does have a point with the execs not recognising the potential. I think it's serendipitous how the Black Panther got made over at Marvel Studios with the right producers, director, actors, crew and studio, but people had been sitting on this IP for years without knowing the potential it had. Almost none of them saw 1.3 billion coming because they didn't see the demographic that was starving and craving a movie like Black Panther. I think (and hope) that same demographic exists in the video game community (even though I've heard how... weird that community is)

That being said, I can't think of any other property other than the Avengers and Spider-Man that is more of a priority to the relevant group of execs than Black Panther. Can't be any of the core Avengers because they either aren't as popular on their own or their game will be harder to make. Certainly isn't Doctor Strange, the Guardians or the Defenders. With the success of the movie and if it continues, Black Panther will start to look (and is already looking) like the next big superhero game IP that needs to be tapped.

Also regarding the game, the music has to be on point. I'm so tempted to say "Just let Ludwig score the whole thing. Dude scored a whole 4-hour cut of a film, he can do 12!" but I'd like to see someone else try. But they better have T'Challa's theme from the movie in it.
    BP score is GOAT territory. Love that thing. Listen to it while I lift a lot.

Of the avengers, only Thor or Strange has anything close to potential solo game wise as BP. Only because they have their own "worlds" the play in as well. Strange can travel the multiverse and dimensions and Thor has the nine realms.

Of course... there is a reason characters like BP work so damn well in this open-ish world games though. tHe mechanics are simply easier to do than with characters than can fly, shoot spells, and level cities.

But, for whatever reason, no one wants to take any risks in video games outside of Batman and Spider-Man so *shrugs* I don't know enough about the gaming community to know why.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Coming to think of it, Iron Man, Thor and Captain America have all had video games (Granted they were not well received and were mostly tie-in games with the movies) and Deadpool who wasn't that big at the time actually had a video game 3 years before the movie was ever released. So the possibility of a BP video game is not out of the norm and will eventually come in to fruition. Well, hopefully.

Now, its left to the execs whether they would just want a throw away video game like some of the previous marvel games for a quick cash grab i.e Iron Man or an IP with the standard of a AAA game. I will wish for the latter.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 09-29-2018 at 09:35 AM.

"He who put the knife where it belonged." I suspect that Emperor N'Jadaka, whether he is the real one or an imposter, will probably end up with a blade piercing him by T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    There are alot of people who enjoy Skyrim breathe of the wild, the witcher, Shadow of Mordor, GoW, assassin's Creed and arklam like games.. I would rather have a badass BP game that focuses on just how large and expansive BP's World is rather then an Avengers game.
    I'm not saying there aren't single player games people can't enjoy. I'm just saying a multiple person game you can play with others has stronger replay value. There have been people playing DC online for almost a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    "He who put the knife where it belonged." I suspect that Emperor N'Jadaka, whether he is the real one or an imposter, will probably end up with a blade piercing him by T'Challa.
    Well, Coates as been copying the movie-verse as much as possible so I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

I can definitely see this happening.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well, Coates as been copying the movie-verse as much as possible so I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    That movie influence

My oh my have times changed here heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
    I was re-reading the most recent issue, and noticed something I found interesting. Last issue we were told “T’Challa” means “ He Who Put The Knife Where It Belonged” (obviously paying homage to Hickman’s line from TRO); and in this issue I noticed in the fight scenes the stab wounds used the sound effect “T’CHAK!” several times throughout. I wonder if that was coincidence or intentional or an Easter egg Acuña threw in. I think it would be cool if the Royal Family names were derived from onomatopoeia based on the sounds of combat
    Didn't notice that. That'd be a neat twist, altho it then makes me think T'Chaka should mean 'he who put the knife where it belong', even tho yea that wouldn't make sense unless they made up an origin for him about him t'chaking someone.

I'd have been fine with T'Challa being a translation for "hero" or "billy dollars"