Page 297 of 357 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307347 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 5350

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Redjack we gonna talk about Black Widow. I need to know what is happening. I just love what this is doing for the mythos. How kids can enjoy this majesty. Imagine if we had a show like this growing up.
    The only way anything with Widow makes sense is if it's Zanda posing as her.

It makes the "idiot" line to the civilians make a lot more sense in context.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    ^^It's these types of underlining biases and preconceived notions against BP's abilities that will get bushed the more people like Thorne and Coogler keep shit unapologetic about BP and his mytho to the rest of the world. T'Challa's vibranium claws making mincemeat of Thor's skin and armor is not some stretch of the imagination when Wolverine's adamantium claws have scratched Thor and Hulk in the comics.
    I think Vibranium could probably make a dent in Thor's armor and skin, just not to the extent or as quickly it did on the show, but I find that equally true of Wolverine.

But that's just my opinion. It really didn't bother me that much, especially since this is a Black Panther show.
    Nothing about how BP owned Thor was "easy". It was genius and frankly what one would expect from a guy on the same level of intelligence, preparation, and tech advancement as Reed/Doom, but with the added combat generalship of Captain America.
    I definitely didn't think it was easy because you saw how outclassed T'Challa was physically once Thor actually got his hands on him. Sometimes this show actually remembers how tough Thor is supposed to be.

Although he was also taken out by a simple laser mere moments before so ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

thank you!
    I love how they're doing the salute even though it isn't a thing in the show.

Plus, Matthew Mercer trying to look like he's too cool to be there .

(Is this everyone doing the livestream?)

Armor King's new alt outfit in Tekken 7 looking mighty familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cbq9wB_UIE

BANNED

Well said.

When BP's movie suit first revealed it's "force push" abilities in a tv spot, there was actually an article "worrying" that MCU BP was now "overpowered" lol (passive shade thrown). When Priest gave BP a smart phone back in '98, Priest caught hell (direct shade thrown). But whether the shade is direct or passive aggressive, BP's billion-dollar vibranium-laced Wakandan platform will continue to rise higher and higher as long as his creators remain unabashed in showcasing how badass he logically is when stacked up against any other comic character. <--- and also as long as us fans support the hard work put in.

Teamwork makes the dream work.
    Well said my brother.

I've always found it rather suspect as well as borderline hilarious, how some of the folks "concerned" about other characters not looking too bad in defeat have remained resolutely silent whenever T'Challa has been repeatedly thumped out year in year out.

That level of bias tends to stick out like a very sore thumb.

T'Challa's vibranium claws making mincemeat of Thor's skin and armor is not some stretch of the imagination when Wolverine's adamantium claws have scratched Thor and Hulk in the comics.
    What is the point to having magic space metal claws if they don't get to do shit like this?

Well said.

When BP's movie suit first revealed it's "force push" abilities in a tv spot, there was actually an article "worrying" that MCU BP was now "overpowered" lol (passive shade thrown). .
    That shit always drives me nuts.

Once again, huge comic and MCU thor fan.

Dude can survive the blast of a GD star, teleport across the galaxy, single handidly change the course fo the Wakandan/Outrider War, and nearly kill Thanos and no one blinks lol.

Give T'challa the ability to redisribute some energy after getting punched and it is the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I think Vibranium could probably make a dent in Thor's armor and skin, just not to the extent or as quickly it did on the show, but I find that equally true of Wolverine.

But that's just my opinion. It really didn't bother me that much, especially since this is a Black Panther show.

I definitely didn't think it was easy because you saw how outclassed T'Challa was physically once Thor actually got his hands on him. Sometimes this show actually remembers how tough Thor is supposed to be.

Avengers Earth Thor always has lower base stats than Space Solo Thor lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What is the point to having magic space metal claws if they don't get to do shit like this?

Dude can survive the blast of a GD star, teleport across the galaxy, single handidly change the course fo the Wakandan/Outrider War, and nearly kill Thanos and no one blinks lol.

Give T'challa the ability to redisribute some energy after getting punched and it is the end of the world.

Avengers Earth Thor always has lower base stats than Space Solo Thor lol
    REALLY powerful character almost HAVE to be written inconsistantly. If guys like Thor, Dr. Strange or Silver Surfer were written at their best all the time they would essentially be unusable in most earth bound settings. They're essentially low end cosmic characters, meaning nothing short of another low end cosmic level character is really going to give them that much trouble most of the time.

That's almost the irony of powerful characters... they actually tend to job the most. So yeah... Thor will have a bad knack of underperforming BUT most of the time he'll also get the BIG GUN moments to balance it all out.

Redjack... bruh

Me watching the episode

And this was just the midseason finale? Oh lawd, be still my heart.

Hey, remember how this one writer wanted to make T'challa someones "spider-man" ?

THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT!

Let some kid go to the playground, someone brings up super heroes, and then some kiddo goes, "yeah well. BP can beat the Avengers!"

Damn kids don't go to no playground and start talking about the pros and cons of monarchy !

THEY WANNA TALK ABOUT BP VS THOR!

Can BP and Thor be the new Batman and Superman? It works so much better anyway!

- Both royalty with daddy issues
    - both noble warriors whose goal is to protect their country/realm
    - BP has an innate advantage in intelligence, prep, tech
    - Thor has an innate advantage is everything else lol
    - BP has a super metal, access to a God (that Thor coudl beat up but still lol), deus ex machinca intelligence for possible power ups when needed
    - Thor can be written as a dumb brute with a temper who rushes into fights, which plays right into the hands of prep master genius

Unlike Superman/Batman, you can actually squint and come up with scenarios where T'challa coudl win! We all know Batman would simply get squished before he could blink!

While at the same time, coming up with scenarios where they would be best buds hanging around drinking Asguardian Mead in Necropolis!

Can we marry off Shuri to Thor to unite the kingdoms? The Norse Gods need a lil color anyway!

Sorry Adam, new worlds finest coming right up!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Redjack... bruh

Me watching the episode

Hey, remember how this one writer wanted to make T'challa someones "spider-man" ?

THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT!

Let some kid go to the playground, someone brings up super heroes, and then some kiddo goes, "yeah well. BP can beat the Avengers!"

Damn kids don't go to no playground and start talking about the pros and cons of monarchy !

- BP has a super metal, access to a God (that Thor coudl beat up but still lol), deus ex machinca intelligence for possible power ups when needed
    - Thor can be written as a dumb brute with a temper who rushes into fights, which plays right into the hands of prep master genius

Unlike Superman/Batman, you can actually squint and come up with scenarios where T'challa coudl win! We all know Batman would simply get squished before he could blink!

While at the same time, coming up with scenarios where they would be best buds hanging around drinking Asguardian Mead in Necropolis!

Can we marry off Shuri to Thor to unite the kingdoms? The Norse Gods need a lil color anyway!

T'Challa and Thor would be a lot funner than T'Challa and Adam (especially if Thor is trying to hook up with T'Challa's sister). No offense to Adam, but I think personality wise Adam and T'Challa would kind of be on the dry side as a duo.

You generally need someone to be a bit over the top to play off the more straight man scientist types. When he's written as Shakespherean Thor it doesn't work, but when Thor is written more like say Hercules there's buddy cop potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I love how they're doing the salute even though it isn't a thing in the show.

Plus, Matthew Mercer trying to look like he's too cool to be there .

(Is this everyone doing the livestream?)

yeah that was the livestream group. I think most were live tweeting too. I tried to give as many likes and retweets as I could
    The J-man

Looks like Tchallas' Marvel Knights appearance will be in two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    T'Challa and Thor would be a lot funner than T'Challa and Adam (especially if Thor is trying to hook up with T'Challa's sister). No offense to Adam, but I think personality wise Adam and T'Challa would kind of be on the dry side as a duo.

You generally need someone to be a bit over the top to play off the more straight man scientist types. When he's written as Shakespherean Thor it doesn't work, but when Thor is written more like say Hercules there's buddy cop potential there.
    I agree with the bold. The two together would be rather dull for an on-going together. But I would at least try a Thor and Black Panther book. Could be a lot of fun.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Well said my brother.

I've always found it rather suspect as well as borderline hilarious, how some of the folks "concerned" about other characters not looking too bad in defeat have remained resolutely silent whenever T'Challa has been repeatedly thumped out year in year out.

That level of bias tends to stick out like a very sore thumb.
    The double standard just gets more noticeable the more BP's fame and stature grows lol

Those stuck-in-the-old-ways comic book "fans" sitting with their arm's crossed in disgust at how beloved T'Challa, Shuri, and crew are.

"Bbbut the movie was overrated!"

"Why does T'Challa have to be so OP?"

"Why is Shuri the smartest?"

Rumble: Hahahah because Wakanda Forever ya dig!

It's ok for the Canadian guy to have his dues ex machina metal do everything, but not the Afrikan guy?

Northin bias? Something more skin deep?

To be fair, they're used to (1) self-proclaimed "i'm a slower, weaker Steve!" Falcon, (2) Rhodey's impotency (pause) when it comes to his weapons actually working, and (3) Idris Elba playing Thor's black best friend (literally!). Not to mention (4) Cyborg (...).

So T'Challa is a hard concept to wrap their brain's around. If he was Canadian or from Gotham by way of Europe, they'd probably have an easier time digesting. Be it as it may, we'll leave it to Coogler, Thorne, and other like-minded creators to continue bringing the heat.

Redjack... bruh

Me watching the episode

THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT!

T'Chadwick and Hemsworth (too hard to amalgam his name this early in the morning) would be a pretty good pairing actually. And in the comics too, especially since Odin all up on T'Challa like he's some be-all-end-all leader and ish in this Avengers prelude stuff. I hear people complaining about bro-ski Thor by Aaron.

That said, and butterflies for cyborg-hulk aside (UFC reference), I think Thor is too much of a thot for Shuri lol. They need to give her some made-up mytho-male so that we can avoid those x-men situations.. not that the Thor folks seem nearly as petty

I never really thought about Shuri and Thor together until it was mentioned here...I think it could work pretty well. A heck of a lot better then She-Hulk and Thor anyway.

Still trying to wrap my head around why the Marvel office feels that pairing is a good idea.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.