Page 18 of 357 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

I'm not sure what your supposedly being "100% selfish about T"'Challa" has to do with anything though?

I' d assume that most posters frequenting this thread, are pretty enthusiastic about his character too.
    Enthusiastic =/= Selfish.

A lot of people in this thread have just as much connection to say, Wakanda, as they do T'challa.

Or they want and expect T'challa to chain migrate other minority or supporting characters up the popularity mountain.

Selfish = existence should serve to push T'challa. T'challa is Lebron. I don't care about the Kyle Korvers.

Example: Wakandan tree house rape camps. Rape camps in Wakanda for me = shrug, whatever. Rape Camps in Wakanda that T'challa doesn't respond to = triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I don't think Ewing put T'Challa on this book for sales. If that was Ewings motivation for doing anything, the teams roster would likely have looked very different.

I think from a writing standpoint, BLack Panther simply worked in the group. This is the sort of team a guy like him should be on.

And I'd still argue it was a very well written book. Not big on action, which is understandably not everyone's cup of tea. But I thought the continuity, characterization, and dialogue were all on point. Not that I wouldn't have preferred more punching of faces myself, but I think Ewing is actually very underrated.
    You like everything though.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-13-2018 at 06:13 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Enthusiastic =/= Selfish.

A lot of people in this thread have just as much connection to say, Wakanda, as they do T'challa.

Or they want and expect T'challa to chain migrate other minority or supporting characters up the popularity mountain.

Selfish = I don't there existence should serve to push T'challa. T'challa is Lebron. I don't care about the Kyle Korvers.

Example: Wakandan tree house rape camps. Rape camps in Wakanda for me = shrug, whatever. Rape Camps in Wakanda that T'challa doesn't respond to = triggered.

You like everything though.
    Believe me, I don't like everything.

I just only post about stuff I like, so it sometimes sounds that way. If I don't like something, I generally don't buy and read it thus have nothing to talk about.

I was referencing Ewing's full body of Ultimates material going back to the close of Hickman's Secret Wars.

I've never been one to subscribe to this alphabet list way of judging characters but hey, go at it bruv.

I'm not sure what your supposedly being "100% selfish about T"'Challa" has to do with anything though?

I' d assume that most posters frequenting this thread, are pretty enthusiastic about his character too.
    I personally don't see an Issue with a tier system bas you almost can't help but do so when dealing with superheroes. You classify Characters in terms of strength intellect speed etc. And when it comes to sales or comics, tiers in a character and their draw to readers becomes a thing as well.

Thing about tiers is that Characters can make jumps, all they need is a writer with the creative chops to do so. A D list Character can become a B list by having that defining run that Sears into fans memories of why the character is awesome. That's what happened to Tchalla. He was ill used post McGregor/ Gillies till priest showed up, followed by Hudlin.

Adam, Monica, MAC have potential to be very interesting Characters. Sane with Carol bbut marvel is ham fisting her into things trying to compete with Diana at DC that they are shooting themselves in the foot. The Issue though is that those Characters are either in limbo with nothing to do,and when they do show up they get punked.

The team Ultimates when Ewing talked about then in interviews had the potential to rival the Avengers. For one the name in memory of the 1610 universe and that was a big deal. With the mantra "The Ultimate team for the Ultimate threats" with arguably the most powerful line up of the titles out. Everything about it screamed potential, new team book for Characters to jump in like Avengers. A team Tchalla could lead and have awesome stories from. But it got squandered... Hard. Like MoS said, Ewing turned it into a stealth Galactus story, threw in the random government team and gave them far too much panel time sane with Galactus and his cosmic Avengers while the Ultimates sat around... Talking.

Basically, I can see your side Maj and I agree that Characters shouldn't be shackled by tiers in terms of taking risks.. I wanted Ultimates to rival the Avengers titles.. but if your going to take the risk, you need to bring your A game, hit the ground running (Ewing did) then have a clear concise plot with a clear vision and end point that doesn't get side tracked (Ewing failed here) and actually developb the team (Ewing failed here imo) into more then boring ass Carol the ******* and her marry band of lackeys that took place despite interviews saying there would be interesting clashing of co leadership between her and Tchalla, the Mac takes over in S2 randomly. So while I'm glad T'Challa got some feats out of it.. I agree with MoS that I don't want to go through that again with T'Challa being on a team like that

Extraordinary Member

Any updates on how long TNC is staying on Black Panther?

> 19. AVENGERS #4 (Marvel) - 61,897 [22]

> 24. AVENGERS #5 (Marvel) - 55,850 [27]

> 73. WAKANDA FOREVER X-MEN #1 (Marvel) - 26,195 [52]

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Any updates on how long TNC is staying on Black Panther?

at this point it looks like as long as he wants
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Interview with writer of Black Panther vs Deadpool.

BP talk around 20 min. mark

http://wmqcomics.com/wmqa/wmqa27/
    Last edited by Cville; 08-13-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Interview with writer of Black Panther vs Deadpool.

BP talk around 20 min. mark

http://wmqcomics.com/wmqa/wmqa27/
    At least the guy has some experience writing comics and cones off like he like Tchalla and understands some of the core aspects of the character. Whether or not he captures it remains to be seen

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Honestly I don't think Ewing put T'Challa on this book for sales. If that was Ewings motivation for doing anything, the teams roster would likely have looked very different.

I think from a writing standpoint, BLack Panther simply worked in the group. This is the sort of team a guy like him should be on.

And I'd still argue it was a very well written book. Not big on action, which is understandably not everyone's cup of tea. But I thought the continuity, characterization, and dialogue were all on point. Not that I wouldn't have preferred more punching of faces myself, but I think Ewing is actually very underrated.
    Agreed 100%.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I personally don't see an Issue with a tier system bas you almost can't help but do so when dealing with superheroes. You classify Characters in terms of strength intellect speed etc. And when it comes to sales or comics, tiers in a character and their draw to readers becomes a thing as well.

Thing about tiers is that Characters can make jumps, all they need is a writer with the creative chops to do so. A D list Character can become a B list by having that defining run that Sears into fans memories of why the character is awesome. That's what happened to Tchalla. He was ill used post McGregor/ Gillies till priest showed up, followed by Hudlin.

Adam, Monica, MAC have potential to be very interesting Characters. Sane with Carol bbut marvel is ham fisting her into things trying to compete with Diana at DC that they are shooting themselves in the foot. The Issue though is that those Characters are either in limbo with nothing to do,and when they do show up they get punked.

The team Ultimates when Ewing talked about then in interviews had the potential to rival the Avengers. For one the name in memory of the 1610 universe and that was a big deal. With the mantra "The Ultimate team for the Ultimate threats" with arguably the most powerful line up of the titles out. Everything about it screamed potential, new team book for Characters to jump in like Avengers. A team Tchalla could lead and have awesome stories from. But it got squandered... Hard. Like MoS said, Ewing turned it into a stealth Galactus story, threw in the random government team and gave them far too much panel time sane with Galactus and his cosmic Avengers while the Ultimates sat around... Talking.

Basically, I can see your side Maj and I agree that Characters shouldn't be shackled by tiers in terms of taking risks.. I wanted Ultimates to rival the Avengers titles.. but if your going to take the risk, you need to bring your A game, hit the ground running (Ewing did) then have a clear concise plot with a clear vision and end point that doesn't get side tracked (Ewing failed here) and actually developb the team (Ewing failed here imo) into more then boring ass Carol the ******* and her marry band of lackeys that took place despite interviews saying there would be interesting clashing of co leadership between her and Tchalla, the Mac takes over in S2 randomly. So while I'm glad T'Challa got some feats out of it.. I agree with MoS that I don't want to go through that again with T'Challa being on a team like that
    Thanks for this super constructive post my Bro.

My two favourite groups to come out of Secret Wars II were The Ultimates and the Squadron Supreme.

Both were wasted opportunities to have other teams not lumbered with the Avengers, Defenders or X-men label.

Lack of coherent vision wrecked all of that.

And it's that self same lack of vision that has some folks steadily spending money on trash in the hope it'll turn to gold thus ensuring that even more trash gets produced to be collected by completists.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 08-13-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Black Panther Aquaman Style...

Thanks for this super constructive post my Bro.

My two favourite groups to come out of Secret Wars II were The Ultimates and the Squadron Supreme.

Both were wasted opportunities to have other teams not lumbered with the Avengers, Defenders or X-men label.

Lack of coherent vision wrecked all of that.

And it's that self same lack of vision that has some folks steadily spending money on trash in the hope it'll turn to gold thus ensuring that even more trash gets produced to be collected by completists.
    Mine too bruh. I was super excited to see how Ultimates and SS would turn out. I had hopes for them, and new Avengers, and other team based titles showing up. No more just Avengers defenders and x teams like you said.

I was hoping for a big shake up. There should of been 4-5 teams easily able to grab Characters from differing aspects abd have a home for them. When SS turned out to be trash and Ewing let events and lack of direction kill his book. I was sorely dissapointed.

That being said, I personally still think the Ultimates could be and should be revived with a new creative team, add two more members and make Tchalla the actual official leader. He can pull double duty as an Avenger and Ultimate. Avengers are World ending threats that happen on Earth and Ultimates are the proactive ending the threat before it becomes an Avengers problem.

This could also gas fun cross overs into the titles occasionally

Due to a Timestone reset...

The Reverend Achebe will now come off more like a version of the MCU's Ebony Maw!

Whenever he is in the room he should give everybody the creeps inside of Wakanda and should always have some form of religious quotes concerning Bast!

Thanks for your cooperation...

Note: A friend of my son was over last night and watched Infinity Wars for the first time... There is nothing like the looks he showed when the Hulk got trashed and Black Panther turned to ashe (that rhymes btw)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Mine too bruh. I was super excited to see how Ultimates and SS would turn out. I had hopes for them, and new Avengers, and other team based titles showing up. No more just Avengers defenders and x teams like you said.

I was hoping for a big shake up. There should of been 4-5 teams easily able to grab Characters from differing aspects abd have a home for them. When SS turned out to be trash and Ewing let events and lack of direction kill his book. I was sorely dissapointed.

That being said, I personally still think the Ultimates could be and should be revived with a new creative team, add two more members and make Tchalla the actual official leader. He can pull double duty as an Avenger and Ultimate. Avengers are World ending threats that happen on Earth and Ultimates are the proactive ending the threat before it becomes an Avengers problem.

This could also gas fun cross overs into the titles occasionally
    To be honest, if T'Challa gonna play second fiddle status in the Avengers, I'd much rather prefer him being head of the Ultimates.

BANNED

Double post.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 08-13-2018 at 03:49 PM.

To add my two bits i wouldn't even mind seeing a T'challa and Adam team up in the style of supes and batman. Even though they both have similar minds for science i think the difference in their motivations would be a nice contrast. Adam being more reserved where as T'challa being the man of action CW mode. What continues to be unfortunate is Ewing so far represents the best writer that gets both of these heroes but i don't see him as capable of delivering the high intensity action that should be spread throughout a story. I don't see Snyder coming to Marvel anytime soon. Redjack expressed that he wouldn't tackle Black Panther in book form right now.