Page 31 of 357 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you said. The problem is the new suit. Before the film I was very new suit>>old suit. However, the execution is just better with the old one. First fight scene might be T'Challa's best Panther action in all the MCU. Problem is was way too dark in theater. Its not as under lit on Blu-ray so you can see it better.

However, they should have made the old suit come out of the necklace. The mask is just far more threatening and the skin tight suit leads to more rubbery CGI than one that is bulky. Unless you getting Russo Bros like production $$$.

OG suit throughout the film would have made a world of difference. I also think limiting the use of kinetic energy would have forced them to be more creative. Sometimes you just can't trust that CGI will take care of everything...….unless you got Russo Bros like production $$$.
    The Kinetic energy was limited on its use. Tchalla used it:
    To destroy a car
    To knock out the border tribe shields
    To knock away the border tribe dudes so he could get to Shuri
    To punch Erik once

That's pretty limited and showed he wasn't overly reliant on the power and used it to supplement his fighting style.

Thing is the first action scene is tight for sure, however it's also a standard MCU fight sequence. Cap has those too. That's not to say it's bad, but I wouldn't say it's the best fight scene on the mcu for T'Challa. As warrior falldy takes that as it's unique type of fight that no other heroes have had in their respective movies.

T'chadwick also said he had a hard time breathing in the old suit and while mask does look more threatening. The new habit mask imo just looks cooler in final render. Less busy but enough design to look badass still

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I don't think the new suit is really the problem. I've looked at both the trailers for BP and the actual movie, and it's quite clear a large percentage of the final fight is reshot. Everything from the colour grading, the shots used, and the CGI are different, and sadly it doesn't always look as great in the movie. Even the ship battles look more dynamically shot in the trailers. The fight jets also used missiles as seen in the trailer but that's changed to the energy blasts things for the movie. My point is a lot of the shots of T'Challa physically fighting were taking out of the final cut sadly. Someone posted a clip of the stunt team rehearsing some fight choreography and it looks like it was for the final fight but didn't make the cut.

Honestly I think the new suit looks better on Chadwick's frame. I think it's also a better designed suit that's sleeker and cooler looking. I'm not sure how I feel about the new mask/helmet or whether it's better than the old one, but I do think it looks great. The kinetic energy thing is a neat idea as well that just constantly needs to be shown as useful and not necessary if you get my drift. It shouldn't be overused and it should be done creatively. I think the BP movie did a fine job with this, especially during the Busan car chase. T'Challa takes out three cars but he only uses it to take out one. The others he throws the driver out and the other he rips out the car tire.

I also think if the CGI is good enough, it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Generally this kind of stuff that unfortunately does bother me, but honestly I'm just convinced a lot of people who find BP overrated or whatever buzz words they love to use really just missed the point of the movie. For me, BP does not present some unique narrative in cinema or comic book movies, nor does it have such stellar plot twists or whatever, but it is extremely deep and layered thematically. A whole lot of MCU movies are not. That's a honest fact. Only the Russos and Gunn have films as layered, and even their efforts aren't even as layered. Everything about it from the acting performances, script and dialogue, music, costumes, and cinematography is very, very well thought out. Quite frankly I don't think a lot of MCU fans are used to that sort of thing.

Exactly, and even though I did like BP using the pulse to add to his strikes in IW, it's exactly the same thing he did in the bolded.

BP in Civil War also looked extremely cartoony as well (that triple kick comes to mind). Not only that, but there are multiple shots where his body proportions look different. Sometimes he's got really broad shoulders, long arms and a tiny waist. Others he looks like a rectangle. He's got a floating head when he's talking to Zemo at the end. Seems like everyone has forgotten that though.

Honestly, the CGI technology to pull of superheroes in skin tight suits is not really there yet. Sometimes it looks good, other times it doesn't. Also, regarding the whole film: If MCU "fans" criticised BP the way they criticised other MCU films, they'll honestly be shocked how bad they'll look to them. Nitpicking is always gonna make a non-perfect film look bad.
    Brought it up earlier in the thread, but I hope they go with a different look/camera for the next film. Try and make it more cinematic. The Teaser trailer colors looked bright and fully realized. The movie..not as much. Although beautiful still looked sort of plain.

Hopefully they find a better balance of showing the high contrast like with Creed and still able to highlight color.

Blade Runner 2049 should be the "look" they should go for.

Because as much as YOU and I know Black Panther is thematically layered it still sort of looks like a plain Marvel film in other aspects. They need to not mute Coogler's style imo.

A post over at Comicbookmovie.com pointed out how Logan had the this "look" that made it look more prestigious despite BLack Panther being as deep.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-19-2018 at 07:54 AM.

All I'm hearing is:

"Coogler & Marvel Studios crafted a movie that made $700 million dollars. Here are all of the things that they did wrong."

LOGAN may have looked more "prestigious", whatever that means. But BP almost beat it's total earnings in its opening weekend.

(LOGAN total domestic: $226 mil. BP opening weekend, $202 mil.)

LOL

Nah BP wasn't Cookie cutter. It made point to get away from alot of cookie cutter tropes. The humor wasn't forced it was actually brilliantly done and there was very little of it, and landed perfectly. You can just tell given audience reactions (there are plenty of YouTube)

And a BIG LOL to the comparison to Thor. I wonder what the "big" issue's BP had were? Because if they really want to get down and dirty. Thor disregarded any sense of care for the Characters and just went joke after joke, most of the time in tones when it needed to be more serious.

Both movie's did what they set it to do. And one was more successful in what it set out to do then the other (I'll give you a hint, it's the one about the guy in the Ninja car suit)

And that lol them riding Russos nuts hard.

Thing is, like Wedjat said, BP (and Black movie's in general) get criticized harder then other movies. And it definitely gets racist and unfans Bent out of shape when it crushed their favorite movies and blew away all expectations. Haters find anything they can grasp on to in order to try and make themselves feel better. It's almost said... Almost

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    All I'm hearing is:

"Coogler & Marvel Studios crafted a movie that made $700 million dollars. Here are all of the things that they did wrong."

LOGAN may have looked more "prestigious", whatever that means. But BP almost beat it's total earnings in its opening weekend.

For real!! Lol.

It would be a lot faster to say they didn't like the movie. Save a lot of typing. Lol

All I'm hearing is:

"With great success comes great nitpicking"

Funny how great lengths people will go to criticize BP and use other movies in their argument of why they are superior in some regard while ignoring the fact that BP hit top 10 WW boxoffice Numbers and is the among only 1 of 3 movies in history to hit 700 domestic... But let's all forget that and go back to acting like it sucked and search high and low on the internet to find bad reviews

I'm just tired of it all. When did being a fan of a character turn into "I'm the only person who knows how to do the character right?"

I enjoyed the Black Panther movie. And I'd rather talk about what they did right than focus on a few minor details that could have been done better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    "With great success comes great nitpicking"

Funny how great lengths people will go to criticize BP and use other movies in their argument of why they are superior in some regard while ignoring the fact that BP hit top 10 WW boxoffice Numbers and is the among only 1 of 3 movies in history to hit 700 domestic... But let's all forget that and go back to acting like it sucked and search high and low on the internet to find bad reviews
    Black Panther as a stand Alone movie, was vastly superior to Infinity Wars in everything other than the CGI fight between T'challa and Killmonger.

The only thing I liked about IW was Dr Strange.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 08-19-2018 at 10:22 AM.

I'm just tired of it all. When did being a fan of a character turn into "I'm the only person who knows how to do the character right?"

I enjoyed the Black Panther movie. And I'd rather talk about what they did right than focus on a few minor details that could have been done better.

Third act things I liked considering it gets picked on a bunch:

- The look between Okoye and W'kabi when Killmonger tells them to kill T'challa

- Okoye snapping against Killmonger and realizing defending the crown doesn't workw hen the crown is evil

- the reveal of the border tribe shield... and then T'challa jumping it, blowing the ground, and takign out a damn jet in one motion

- dm vs killmonger

- t'challa vs border tribe

- t'challa taclking a rhino gave me fan boy smile

- nakia and shuri vs killmonger

- arrival of mbaku and the jabari

- killmonger tchalla fight outside the commercial bad cgi part. I definitely enjoyed the conversation between them when the trains are going "You want to see us become just like the people you hate so much!"

- T'challa's killing move

- would you kill me my love?

(aka 90% of it lol)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Should bring this guy back for the sequel.

I'd still keep the guy from the 1st film as well. Use them both. Use this guy for the gritty hand to hand fight scenes and use the other guy for acrobatic stuff.

LOL

Nah BP wasn't Cookie cutter. It made point to get away from alot of cookie cutter tropes. The humor wasn't forced it was actually brilliantly done and there was very little of it, and landed perfectly. You can just tell given audience reactions (there are plenty of YouTube)

And a BIG LOL to the comparison to Thor. I wonder what the "big" issue's BP had were? Because if they really want to get down and dirty. Thor disregarded any sense of care for the Characters and just went joke after joke, most of the time in tones when it needed to be more serious.

Both movie's did what they set it to do. And one was more successful in what it set out to do then the other (I'll give you a hint, it's the one about the guy in the Ninja car suit)

And that lol them riding Russos nuts hard.

Thing is, like Wedjat said, BP (and Black movie's in general) get criticized harder then other movies. And it definitely gets racist and unfans Bent out of shape when it crushed their favorite movies and blew away all expectations. Haters find anything they can grasp on to in order to try and make themselves feel better. It's almost said... Almost
    I just saw someone say #BlackPanther was overrated because it lacked white people. I was waiting for someone to FINALLY admit that because many have been tip towing around that for the longest. Amazing how the first MCU film with a majority black cast got labeled overrated
    https://twitter.com/TaureanReign/sta...45262178500608

Let's do that then. Let's start listing off the stuff we liked and discuss that for 5+ pages instead of what's been going on of late. That's a convo I can get on

Black guy..are his points fair or nitpicking?
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-19-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Let's do that then. Let's start listing off the stuff we liked and discuss that for 5+ pages instead of what's been going on of late. That's a convo I can get on
    Won't take five+ pages. I'll say the same thing I said after seeing it that Friday morning. Greatest Movie Ever. For reference, my former greatest movie was "Shawshank Redemption "

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Brought it up earlier in the thread, but I hope they go with a different look/camera for the next film. Try and make it more cinematic. The Teaser trailer colors looked bright and fully realized. The movie..not as much. Although beautiful still looked sort of plain.

Hopefully they find a better balance of showing the high contrast like with Creed and still able to highlight color.

Blade Runner 2049 should be the "look" they should go for.

Because as much as YOU and I know Black Panther is thematically layered it still sort of looks like a plain Marvel film in other aspects. They need to not mute Coogler's style imo.

A post over at Comicbookmovie.com pointed out how Logan had the this "look" that made it look more prestigious despite BLack Panther being as deep.
    The poster at ComicBookMovie.com (who I know because I have an account there as well) was trying to say that films like Logan and The Dark Knight have a "prestigious" look especially in regards to cinematography that makes people who like them think they're better, but actually lack a lot of depth or at least do not have as much depth as Black Panther.

In essence, Logan is a comic book movie ashamed of being one and looks like and feels like a typical Oscar-bait film, and while it might be a good film it isn't as deep as a lot of people think it is. Meanwhile, BP looks like most comic book movies, isn't ashamed of what it is, but goes the extra mile to be deep in it's script.

Basically, style over substance. Logan presents a very stylish package with the blood and gore, spaghetti western aesthetic, film grain and drama movie cinematography, but take all those things away and it is a film we have seen before and isn't that rich. Black Panther on the other hand is actually a rich film beyond it's visuals.

All I'm hearing is:

I once said it on ComicBookMovie.com that Logan (a film I actually did enjoy and think is great) in the grand scheme of things was forgettable and I got attacked for it. Honestly the numbers speak for themselves. Logan got an Oscar nomination but like many movies that do, they're not talked about a month after release. How many people were actually talking about Logan after it came out? What kind of pop culture impact has it really had?

This really comes from the fact that the X-Men film franchise hasn't transitioned well into this decade. The only superhero property from FOX that has achieved some form of pop culture status this decade is Deadpool, which while related to isn't part of the X-Men franchise. Marvel has had Avengers (2012), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1, Black Panther, and Avengers: Infinity War. DC has had The Dark Knight Rises and Wonder Woman. Even individual character properties from both studios are more relevant today than the X-Men.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Black guy..are his points fair or nitpicking?
    Haven't watched the video, but I don't think being black should give anyone a trump card over nitpicking or having problematic opinions.