Page 15 of 357 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Just ot be clear: that wasn't me asking for help. That was me asking each of you how you would solve this problem. As you point out, you can't please everyone. Personally I never try. There are stacks of people who are invested in the Coates version of the Panther and the story he's telling. If somebody like me comes in with their own agenda to pave over what went before, wouldn't those folks be legitimately allowed to cry foul? They would.

It's a hard trick to pull off, is the point. A a writer, I don['t want to come in and just carry on whatever the last writer was doing. I want to do my own thing and tell my own stories. So what am I supposed to do with a MASSIVE, years long stack of continuity and characters that might mean nothing to me but in which a large portion the audience is invested? My answer is not to take that job. Not unless there's a Crisis level reshuffle happening and I get to reboot the thing. I don't think I could take over the comic without that level of a reboot because, although i like most of what I've read in the Coates version as a reader, there's nothing there that inspires me to WRITE.
    Just to flip the question... is that something you as a writer think about when you're ending the run and ready to pass the baton to someone else? To you try to somehow ease the transition and somehow give them as clean a slate as possible, or do you end it however you want and leave it for the next time to deal with?

BANNED

Most Black people don't accept that they are Africans so why would they support black films. Many black films fail because blacks don't support them. We know blacks have the money because Black Panther ,Jordans and hair care proves blacks have money. If someone else don't say go blacks don't go, sad.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksonic View Post
    Most Black people don't accept that they are Africans so why would they support black films. Many black films fail because blacks don't support them. We know blacks have the money because Black Panther ,Jordans and hair care proves blacks have money. If someone else don't say go blacks don't go, sad.

Sometimes people don't support black films because they are terrible to begin with!

As a black man married to an African woman that does not even like the same type of movies me and our son do all that doesn't matter!

She likes them Lifetime Channel/Hallmark pseudo family coming of age dramas and HGTV fixer upper house flips while I'm in the back watching Black Panther and Infinity Wars for the umpteenth time!

1.3 billion dollars speaks that black folks are not as interested in ye olde negro spirituals or black militant movies of the week anymore!

Some of us want spaceships flying through African valleys and intergalactic space operas and are so done with longwinded speeches with little return on investment!

Black folks were dancing in the aisles for Black Panther maybe it's time for the Black civil rights and Black militants to take notice and give Black people what they want from now on!

Also just say "NO" to yesteryear's movies about black people starring white people!

GIVE US FREE...

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Just to flip the question... is that something you as a writer think about when you're ending the run and ready to pass the baton to someone else? To you try to somehow ease the transition and somehow give them as clean a slate as possible, or do you end it however you want and leave it for the next time to deal with?
    I would never leave a book before i'd finished the stories i wanted to tell. I'd probably leave some loose ends on purpose that the next writer could pick up or not but, generally, I'ld put the otys back in the box. The only czveat would be if I accidentally stumbled on something the fans couldn't do without. in THAT case editorial. would make sure that thing, whatever it was, stuck around, writer after writer.

What we need in the Black Panther's rogues gallery is an all powerful Magic Negro...

Just ot be clear: that wasn't me asking for help. That was me asking each of you how you would solve this problem. As you point out, you can't please everyone. Personally I never try. There are stacks of people who are invested in the Coates version of the Panther and the story he's telling. If somebody like me comes in with their own agenda to pave over what went before, wouldn't those folks be legitimately allowed to cry foul? They would.

It's a hard trick to pull off, is the point. A a writer, I don['t want to come in and just carry on whatever the last writer was doing. I want to do my own thing and tell my own stories. So what am I supposed to do with a MASSIVE, years long stack of continuity and characters that might mean nothing to me but in which a large portion the audience is invested? My answer is not to take that job. Not unless there's a Crisis level reshuffle happening and I get to reboot the thing. I don't think I could take over the comic without that level of a reboot because, although i like most of what I've read in the Coates version as a reader, there's nothing there that inspires me to WRITE.
    I would take it the way Evans did. I would acknowledge abd nake sense of the previous runs before mine while weaving them Into my story and subtly fixing the things that don't make sense or serve to only shade throw.

BANNED

"Black militant movies" sell well. Look at Hidden colors. I gave money to Black panther because i wanted to see Black superhero not a black sidekick. I never paid for anything that has black sidekicks.

Perhaps Hidden Colors 1,2,3, and 4 would have sold better if black militants who shall not be named weren't throwing each other under the boss so much all over Youtube!

It seems like many black militants place a bunch of cards saying "Coon" and "Uncle Tom" in their back pocket with the express intent to throw them at anyone who does not share their worldview!

I should know this because I used to be a black militant and all I did was look for a fight even when there wasn't one I manufactured it for the sake of special effects!

You can recycle all the Malcolm X mix tapes you want but the story still ends the same no matter who travels down that path!

You give it enough time and eventually every militant of any kind or type contradicts themselves somehow someway it is inevitable!

Militant implies "military" and the Thanos math informs us that there are far more civilians than soldiers at any given time in history therefore recruiting is limited to those not already enlisted to a fully funded armed forces branch!

Whether you are militant black, militant white, militant feminist, militant LGBTQ, militant politician, militant athlete or militant significant other that Robin Hood story always ends with the rich remaining rich because the rich wake up and realize that the vicious circle is only vicious if you stay on that Merrygoround like a fool!

King T'challa: "What are you doing on your knee?"

Colin Kaepernick: "I'm kneeling during the Wakandan national anthem and flag... One of the Doras arrested me and was very rough!"

King T'challa: "Okay... Here is an atlas map of all the nations on planet earth you need to pick a flag or move to another planet but you can't stay here with that!"

The moral of the story is that militants always end up as soldiers without a war... No exceptions!

Incredible Member

Whoever takes over for Coates next needs to the first arc to be retconning Coates story about Doom’s ultimate scheme to destroy Wakanda from within, have T’Challa playing Doom all along then T’Challa goes and kicks the crap outta him for both times Doom messed with Wakanda.
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 08-12-2018 at 12:44 AM.

BANNED

okay.

how do you solve it? let's say a new writer came in with some WILDLY different notions about how to proceed with the character/universe?

for instance- no more galactic wakandans. no more marriage to storm. no more connection or adventures with the ultimates. no more crew.

would you accept any or all of these?
    First and foremost, as a potential writer familiar with the BP Mythos in their entirety juxtaposed against where Jonathan Hickman left things at the close of Secret Wars II, I would have had T'Challa taking a more active role in securing Wakanda's position as a dominant power player on the international stage as ably illustrated by Al Ewing in his iteration of The Ultimates.

T'Challa and Wakanda having an expanding presence in Space research, development and general exploration within our solar system would be a natural progression in a story written by myself which in turn, would lead up to conflicts with other space faring races such as the Kree or any other extraterrestrial races antagonistic towards human expansion into the cosmos.

Developments specific to T'Challa in particular would clearly illustrate him expanding on the Shadow Physics science Jonathan Maberry introduced into the BP Mythos. Having T'Challa perfect this science and develop viable applications for same in much the same way as has been the case for Richards, Stark, Pym and Doom would be the route I'd take to solidify T'Challa position as super genius intellectual within the MU as opposed to his current milquetoast position as genius in name/reputation only.

And to be quite frank, T'Challa having his own powered force representative of Wakanda in particular and the
    Continent of Africa as a whole, would be the way to go.

Frak being a back of the bus sidepiece in the Avengers.

It goes without saying, that none of Coates regressive tripe would transition into any story I developed.

I don't do stereotypical dysfunction or misogyny.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 08-12-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    What we need in the Black Panther's rogues gallery is an all powerful Magic Negro...

How soon you forget, Brother Flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    How soon you forget, Brother Flex.

I think he meant a well written magical negro.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I think he meant a well written magical negro.
    If the BP book was well-written, it wouldn't need new rogues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    If the BP book was well-written, it wouldn't need new rogues.
    Agreed 100%.