Page 20 of 357 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I would like that. I like smaller, tighter teams. Big 7-8 roster teams means very little development. I thought Ultimates was a nice size. 5-6 seems like enough to have developed Characters while having them take on big threats within being overwhelmed
    Any rebirth of the Ultimates title should have a core of:

Leader: T'challa
    Carol
    Strange

and should probably be called Ultimate Avengers instead.

If you are going to have what is basically an Avengers off shoot type team, they need to have what is likely the core three members of the next chapter of the MCU.

I reject all other teams Ultimate teams without this format.

Other 2-4 members of the team aren't super important if the core is in place. As long as they don't completely nullify why a core member is there. Which is why I don't like Adam on this team because he is basically just Carol and T'challa combined into one hero. He makes them both redundant unless you have a very specific reason they are there.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I don't recall saying T'Challa was the leader of the Ultimates.
    To be honest, if T'Challa gonna play second fiddle status in the Avengers, I'd much rather prefer him being head of the Ultimates.

??????????

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Carol
    Strange

If you are going to have what is basically an Avengers off shoot type team, they need to have what is likely the core three members of the next chapter of the MCU.

Other 2-4 members of the team aren't super important if the core is in place. As long as they don't completely nullify why a core member is there. Which is why I don't like Adam on this team because he is basically just Carol and T'challa combined into one hero. He makes them both redundant unless you have a very specific reason they are there.
    Add in Jean Grey and Silver Surfer.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Carol
    Strange

I don't think redundancy is necessarily a big deal. You can argue between Cap, Thor and Iron Man there's a degree of redundancy with Carol and T'Challa but they are both still doing stuff.

I get the point to a degree in that he may have to share a particular niche, but its not all that uncommon for an Avengers team to have 2-3 smart guys at once.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I don't think redundancy is necessarily a big deal. You can argue between Cap, Thor and Iron Man there's a degree of redundancy with Carol and T'Challa but they are both still doing stuff.

I get the point to a degree in that he may have to share a particular niche, but its not all that uncommon for an Avengers team to have 2-3 smart guys at once.

It depends on the type of team and the teammate we are talking about. Having multiple bricks isn't an issue because you can never have too many punchers.

But, for a team like Ultimates, if someone like T'challa is going to be involved, he has to be the Batman of the group because he is ridiculously underpowered on the cosmic scale. His role on the team would be strategy, tech, and maybe being able to pull a trigger (or bluff it) that the others won't pull. You can't have someone filling his niche because if he isn't doing those things... he is in the background twiddling his thumbs.

If Adam had more of a defined niche it would work ok but Ewing basically just made his niche "science" lol.

If you wanted another sciency dude on the team who can also through, Banner or Cho work better there IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post

Can I petition the courts for Beta Ray Bill instead of SS?

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I thought the Ultimatrs team would benefit from a mage (Strange or Voodoo) and a telepath to cover their bases. Moon Dragon might be the most logical choice, but getting an X person like Jean or Cable or Rachel could be interedting.

BANNED

Double post mortem.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 08-14-2018 at 12:53 PM.

BANNED

??????????
    What part of "prefering T'challa to be leader of the Ultimates" are you failing to comprehend?

Have I at any point, stated that T'challa has ever led the Ultimates?
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 08-14-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Carol
    Strange

Ultimate Avengers works, but at the same time marvel was trying to make the Avengers name more potent so I would be fine with Either.

I agree with you on the core portion, they need that core team. So far it would be T'Challa and Carol, I do think strange works great for the team as well as keeping with the MCU going forward. I personally wouldn't mind Adam and Monica on the team still, with Jean or another telepath. But that's it. 6 is the max slot number.

I would relegate Adam to the science guy off the group and a brick.

Carol would be the field commander, as how Avengers cartoon put it and a secondary brick.

Tchalla would be the general, grand master chess player moving people around, as well the one bankrolling the team.

Strange is the magic Element of course

Monica is support. As in her role is to float around and assist Whoever. So she may be a brick, or helping with tech, or whatever.

Jean/ whatever other hero. Telepath

Maybe occasionally 1-2 other heroes can guest appear or rotate out two members for certain stories

Everything Great About Black Panther including the CGI...

BANNED

Ultimate Avengers works, but at the same time marvel was trying to make the Avengers name more potent so I would be fine with Either.

I agree with you on the core portion, they need that core team. So far it would be T'Challa and Carol, I do think strange works great for the team as well as keeping with the MCU going forward. I personally wouldn't mind Adam and Monica on the team still, with Jean or another telepath. But that's it. 6 is the max slot number.

I would relegate Adam to the science guy off the group and a brick.

Carol would be the field commander, as how Avengers cartoon put it and a secondary brick.

Tchalla would be the general, grand master chess player moving people around, as well the one bankrolling the team.

Strange is the magic Element of course

Monica is support. As in her role is to float around and assist Whoever. So she may be a brick, or helping with tech, or whatever.

Jean/ whatever other hero. Telepath

Maybe occasionally 1-2 other heroes can guest appear or rotate out two members for certain stories
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Totally redundant and stagnant to boot.

Minus Carol Danvers, the last Ultimates lineup was on point.

core 5 + rotating cosmic dude(s) based on the arc works

aka... one arc can use Beta Ray Bill

one arc can use Silver Surfer

one arc can be a team up with the GoG

ect

I liked the Ultimates line up that Ewing had. I had more issues with story direction than characters. If magic was needed on the team I would go with Damion Hellstorm. Gives the team that little bit of villainy it needs. Better him than Carol. lol.

For Tchalla I'd make him Young Justice Batman, but add scenes where his is meeting and intimidating world leaders. Also scenes with him and Adam in the lab live Banner and Stark in Avengers.

I don't remember if Ewing said he was going for a team with no leaders, but that is the model I would try for.

Can I petition the courts for Beta Ray Bill instead of SS?
    Sure, plus he's cosmic without having to deal with Galactus.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum